Photo
* * * * * 8 votes

Cowboom Console Deals

• Please log in to reply
3937 replies to this topic

#1501 iKilledChewbacca

iKilledChewbacca

Trading Time Out (Under Investigation) Do not trade!

• Trading Timeout - Under Review

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:41 AM

Okay I ordered my Vita on saturday morning, and I still havent been charged yet or any notification of packaging. Do you think they just didnt get around to doing it saturday (they had all day ;) ) and also didnt change anything today because it was sunday ? (no shipping on sundays)

or is there possibly something wrong with my order ?

#1502 edson13

edson13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:48 AM

Okay I ordered my Vita on saturday morning, and I still havent been charged yet or any notification of packaging. Do you think they just didnt get around to doing it saturday (they had all day ;) ) and also didnt change anything today because it was sunday ? (no shipping on sundays)

I ordered a system last week and it didnt ship out for 4 business days(6 total). So its probably the norm.

Edited by edson13, 25 March 2013 - 11:16 AM.

#1503 breakin2

breakin2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:39 AM

I bet they're playing it right now, laughing like little school-girls.

#1504 dravack

dravack

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:30 PM

nice had i realized it i would have been all over this facepalm :-P

If it makes you feel any better they canceled my order -.-

Said they don't have stock and will refund me in 1 business day.
EDIT:
Or to be exact.

"Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your order. We regret to inform you that there is a discrepancy with your order. We have reviewed our inventory and we do not have an exact replacement available. We sincerely regret any inconvenience this may have caused. We will be processing a full refund within 1 business day.

Warehouse Staff"

So yeah I need a cheap wii u deal if anyone has any XD

Edited by dravack, 25 March 2013 - 06:41 PM.
addition

#1505 mikeumd

mikeumd

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:11 PM

If it makes you feel any better they canceled my order -.-

Said they don't have stock and will refund me in 1 business day.
EDIT:
Or to be exact.

"Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your order. We regret to inform you that there is a discrepancy with your order. We have reviewed our inventory and we do not have an exact replacement available. We sincerely regret any inconvenience this may have caused. We will be processing a full refund within 1 business day.

Warehouse Staff"

So yeah I need a cheap wii u deal if anyone has any XD

ouch i would try to get a free discount out of that like a free coupon code GL in finding one

#1506 mikeumd

mikeumd

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:12 PM

FYI on the Assasins Creed Bundle ps3 500 gb be sure to call sony and check if you have warranty on it just say it was a gift from a friend so no receipt mine has warranty till dec of this month :-)

#1507 dravack

dravack

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:44 PM

ouch i would try to get a free discount out of that like a free coupon code GL in finding one

Yeah I replied to CS form letter saying blah blah been silver member for several years blah blah spent thousands with bestbuy blah blah I expect more from a bestbuy company than a form letter etc.. Hoping for a favorable response. I really don't know why I want one of these systems. I know their drop like a rock in price when the PS4 comes out later this year. I should just wait but it's hard lol.

#1508 GreyFoxx2002

GreyFoxx2002

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:36 PM

Finally sent out my 80 gig...now just need a vita then i'm set!

#1509 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:55 PM

How accurate is the grading on these? This thread seems to be full of "I bought a 5 item and it arrived looking as though a flight of angels had guarded it direct from the factory" but I assume these are happy events and not the norm?

Was casually looking for a relatively cheap tablet for my kid and wondering how extensive I should assume things like "6 - light scratches" are, especially in terms of the screens. Hate to get something that looks like the last owner used it as a cutting board.

#1510 Static Stranger

Static Stranger

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:11 AM

How accurate is the grading on these? This thread seems to be full of "I bought a 5 item and it arrived looking as though a flight of angels had guarded it direct from the factory" but I assume these are happy events and not the norm?

Was casually looking for a relatively cheap tablet for my kid and wondering how extensive I should assume things like "6 - light scratches" are, especially in terms of the screens. Hate to get something that looks like the last owner used it as a cutting board.

Grading is pretty good, I just received a 64 GB IPad I bought for my daughter who is about to turn 10 yrs old and the condition was practically brand new minus that it didn't come with any accessories (charger) below was the description when I bought it.

Apple MC822LL/A 64GB WiFi iPad
Condition: Pre-owned
Included: Apple Ipad 64gb Wifi
Not Included: Usb Cable, Power Adapter, Owners Manual
Product Grade: 5 - Some scratches and/or signs of use

Edited by quinn187, 26 March 2013 - 12:13 AM.
Spelling correction

208657.png

#1511 rosemachinegun

rosemachinegun

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:55 PM

I just got my white Vita in today.
It was a letdown after hearing so many good things about Cowboom. I had specifically selected a unit w/ a charger, (and pretty much all the white vitas were marked as having a charger) and paid the extra $30 for that and the color(Almost none of the black ones I saw listed included the charger). But when it came in today there was nothing but the Vita. They essentially sent me a brick unless I go out and buy one myself.

When I contacted customer service they told me there was nothing they could do and that I should "read the description more carefully next time." despite the fact that I triple checked as I was checking out. So now I can either buy a cheap charger off eBay or return the Vita and hunt around for another deal. My GF, for whom the Vita was ordered, is pissed at the deception and shitty service and wants to do the latter. I'm pretty laid back and would rather do the first option and move on rather than bother with the return process.

Obviously YMMV but I won't be buying from cowboom anymore since I clearly can't trust their descriptions of essential components or for their customer service to do the right thing.

#1512 thehoweller

thehoweller

IllegalCouponPrinter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:12 PM

It was a letdown after hearing so many good things about Cowboom. I had specifically selected a unit w/ a charger, (and pretty much all the white vitas were marked as having a charger) and paid the extra $30 for that and the color(Almost none of the black ones I saw listed included the charger). But when it came in today there was nothing but the Vita. They essentially sent me a brick unless I go out and buy one myself.

When I contacted customer service they told me there was nothing they could do and that I should "read the description more carefully next time." despite the fact that I triple checked as I was checking out. So now I can either buy a cheap charger off eBay or return the Vita and hunt around for another deal. My GF, for whom the Vita was ordered, is pissed at the deception and shitty service and wants to do the latter. I'm pretty laid back and would rather do the first option and move on rather than bother with the return process.

Obviously YMMV but I won't be buying from cowboom anymore since I clearly can't trust their descriptions of essential components or for their customer service to do the right thing.

I like your girlfriend. A fiery CAG, that one.

Posted Image
For the Earthbound fans...Visit this SMAAASH ing link!
Posted Image

#1513 mikeumd

mikeumd

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:21 PM

you should have pressed for a partial refund to go towards getting a charger cause it was in the discription

#1514 rosemachinegun

rosemachinegun

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:22 PM

I like your girlfriend. A fiery CAG, that one.

Haha, yeah she won't take shit from anybody. It's especially impressive since she's barely 5'0 yet has more wrath than an angry giant.

In the meantime, we have 30 days to return it, so I can try to find a comparable deal and we can share my cable and enjoy Monster Hunter. Maybe I'll luck out and get a good assassins creed bundle on amazon warehouse.

Edited by rosemachinegun, 26 March 2013 - 10:33 PM.

#1515 famotidine

famotidine

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:15 AM

How is the Vita? Scratches?

#1516 domon

domon

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:34 AM

Haha, yeah she won't take shit from anybody. It's especially impressive since she's barely 5'0 yet has more wrath than an angry giant.

In the meantime, we have 30 days to return it, so I can try to find a comparable deal and we can share my cable and enjoy Monster Hunter. Maybe I'll luck out and get a good assassins creed bundle on amazon warehouse.

You might want to check sears if you have one nearby. The charger and other accessories were going for $2.97.

#1517 Namurashi

Namurashi

I am Galstaff, Sorceror of Light!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:09 AM

All the stories of gloom and doom are making me think twice about purchasing a PS3 from here. Anyone buy a PS3 and not have it end horribly? Thinking about getting a 250gb or 320gb one for myself but don't want to go through the hassle of returning it and whatnot.

#1518 jd2k9

jd2k9

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:14 AM

All the stories of gloom and doom are making me think twice about purchasing a PS3 from here. Anyone buy a PS3 and not have it end horribly? Thinking about getting a 250gb or 320gb one for myself but don't want to go through the hassle of returning it and whatnot.

Go through amazon warehouse man, I just got a brand new AC 3 500 gb bundle for $200 even (the box was a little beat up but it was sealed and everything inside was brand spanking new) its kind of the luck of the draw and timing, but I'm 3 for 3 with them on consoles. What kind were you looking to get and price range? I'd def go with amazon warehouse, almost daily they put up 250-500gb PS3s ranging in price from $160-$260, it's just all about timing, only go with very good or like new, mine was posted as very good but turned out brand new. It took me about 3 days of hunting and patience since they go almost as soon as they are put up on the good deals but its worth it.

#1519 edson13

edson13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:28 AM

Go through amazon warehouse man, I just got a brand new AC 3 500 gb bundle for $200 even (the box was a little beat up but it was sealed and everything inside was brand spanking new) its kind of the luck of the draw and timing, but I'm 3 for 3 with them on consoles. What kind were you looking to get and price range? I'd def go with amazon warehouse, almost daily they put up 250-500gb PS3s ranging in price from $160-$260, it's just all about timing, only go with very good or like new, mine was posted as very good but turned out brand new. It took me about 3 days of hunting and patience since they go almost as soon as they are put up on the good deals but its worth it.

everything, has risks if they didnt they would sell for a lot more. Case in point, I received two straight broken 250gb super slims from AWD. Actually broken, as in missing chunks of the plastic, and it wasnt a UPS thing either, thats how they shipped them out.

#1520 jd2k9

jd2k9

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:46 AM

Wow we're they in the original box, sealed? Or did you get used ones?

#1521 Namurashi

Namurashi

I am Galstaff, Sorceror of Light!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:27 AM

Was looking to spend $130~$160. Don't want to go higher than that. lol I frequent the Warehouse Deals on Amazon but haven't found much under $200. The ones I do find are missing a bunch of stuff. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

#1522 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 01:37 PM

wonder what they did with all of the fires they had like 100 of them used last week now they only carry them new and they said they WILL NOT carry them used anymore
WOOOO I STINK

#1523 Blackshear

Blackshear

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:31 AM

I ordered a Neo Geo X from them last week for 99 bucks

It came in today, mint all orig packaging with ninja masters bonus game unopened.

Really liking the deal and enjoying the system despite some bad word of mouth
Currently playing:
Dead Rising 3, Battlefield 4, GTA V, GoW: Ascension, Starbound Beta

#1524 CGlade

CGlade

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:49 PM

After a less than stellar experience with their customer service, but an eventual resolution of a nicely shipped Vita, I ordered a PS3 Slim w/ GoW and MoH: WF.

Came in original packaging. Only had games & console. Was cheap to buy a AC cord and I already had HDMI. Both games sealed and unopened. Console looked new. Very pleased.

#1525 Isamu

Isamu

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:21 PM

Got my vita today grade 5 its mint condition. there is on small scratch on the back but noting to complain about think im going to order from them a lot more

#1526 h8b1llg8ts

h8b1llg8ts

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:41 PM

Received my grade 5 60GB PS3 yesterday. It definently deserved a grade 5 but to find a BC PS3, this nice looking, for $175.xx was well worth it.

The fat PS3, especially the 60GB with all the chrome, looks so much nicer then my slim.

#1527 arinaldi

arinaldi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:45 AM

Got my grade 5 Vita in and it's flawless. Everything included except the sim card package. The box was a little beat up, but who cares about that. I uploaded some pictures so you can get an idea of what I mean. BTW the spots are just dust.
Posted Image

#1528 GreyFoxx2002

GreyFoxx2002

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:08 AM

Hope my grade 4 ps3 80 BC is nice looking...

#1529 iKilledChewbacca

iKilledChewbacca

Trading Time Out (Under Investigation) Do not trade!

• Trading Timeout - Under Review

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:14 AM

darn :/ I had a scheduled delivery for my Grade 5 vita for Today (friday)....but UPS has delayed it till Monday. I just wanna game on the go dawwawwaag

#1530 maxiell

maxiell

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:41 PM

https://www.cowboom....auction/1242743

$120ish if you factor in tax and shipping Vita up at auction