Cowboom Console Deals

• Please log in to reply
3204 replies to this topic

#1951 ZCG

ZCG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2013 - 04:28 PM

What does it mean if Cowboom has absolutely no PSP's listed?  I'm looking for a dirt cheap yet fully functioning PSP.

#1952 ritchardf

ritchardf

add ritchardf on psn and xbox live

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2013 - 11:32 PM

What does it mean if Cowboom has absolutely no PSP's listed?  I'm looking for a dirt cheap yet fully functioning PSP.

i honestly dont think ive ever seen a psp listed on there site at all

#1953 Yeloazndevil

Yeloazndevil

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 12:21 AM

i honestly dont think ive ever seen a psp listed on there site at all

they used to I remember seeing psps a few months ago

Posted Image
Nintendo Network ID: Yeloazndevil

#1954 CamperinaBush

CamperinaBush

Posted 02 July 2013 - 12:48 AM

Really tempted to pull the trigger on one of those Vita's...a scratched console just means I don't have to be so paranoid about keeping it nice :bouncy:

CamperInaBush.png

#1955 BLink

BLink

Since 2005

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 02:54 AM

Not console related but I bought a grade 4 kindle fire hd 9" and they actually sent me a 32gb with no scratches on the screen, just regular use marks on the back so I say there's a good chance low grades will turn out really well.

#1956 masshuum

masshuum

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 03:04 AM

Really tempted to pull the trigger on one of those Vita's...a scratched console just means I don't have to be so paranoid about keeping it nice :bouncy:

Plus, most scratches on the screen, even ones you can see at any angle, can largely be "hidden" with a screen protector. It works fairly well, especially on "light" scratches. Then you can always get a decalgirl skin which pretty much hides all other scratches.

I still hate scratches but like you said, less worry and the price is right even after the amendments I mentioned.

#1957 Paladinion

Paladinion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:21 AM

Thinking about picking up one of these Vitas to compliment my PS4 when it launches later this year.

#1958 nakatayuji

nakatayuji

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:20 PM

Got my grade 6 vita, its beautiful.

#1959 czibor13

czibor13

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:39 PM

I've decided to try the auctions. Currently have the lead on a vita for $111 right now. It seems a bit over what other people have been paying, but odds are I'll get outbid since there are two days left

#1960 Lord_Kefka

Lord_Kefka

Son of a Submariner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:45 AM

Setting up my grade 5 PS3 right now. I'm not horribly impressed so far by condition, some scuffing on the top and the controller has chips in it. During boot and initial configuration it said the system had been shut down improperly and it needed to check the file system for corruption. Thankfully it wasn't or I would have had a two to three hour fixing window. I'm going to try out PSN and DVD/Blu-ray functionality. Anything else I should do?

Lord Kefka... you're insatiable.

My Tradelist

#1961 Arleisha

Arleisha

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:34 PM

I'm looking into upgrading my 360 Elite into a Slim, so I've been checking out Cowboom.  I've read other reviews of the site elsewhere, and Cowboom tends to get pretty negative reviews from what I've seen.  But reading thru this thread it seems like most everyone has been pretty happy with their purchases.

Is the general consensus here that Cowboom is a good/decent site to get a console from?

Also I was looking at payment options.   I see a pay with Amazon, but what I'm wondering specifically is: I have Discover Cashback Bonus tied into my Amazon account.  Is it possible to use that on Cowboom?  Does anyone know, or has anyone used it before?

And yes I know I could buy a console on Amazon, but if I could get one cheaper on Cowboom that would be even better.

#1962 mistymayem

mistymayem

I like video games.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:23 PM

I'm looking into upgrading my 360 Elite into a Slim, so I've been checking out Cowboom.  I've read other reviews of the site elsewhere, and Cowboom tends to get pretty negative reviews from what I've seen.  But reading thru this thread it seems like most everyone has been pretty happy with their purchases.

Is the general consensus here that Cowboom is a good/decent site to get a console from?

Also I was looking at payment options.   I see a pay with Amazon, but what I'm wondering specifically is: I have Discover Cashback Bonus tied into my Amazon account.  Is it possible to use that on Cowboom?  Does anyone know, or has anyone used it before?

And yes I know I could buy a console on Amazon, but if I could get one cheaper on Cowboom that would be even better.

I got an iPad 3 on Cowboom a few months ago. I don't remember what grade it was but it shipped quickly and was in flawless condition. 

I ordered a 3DS XL from an auction last week or so and apparently when you win an auction it doesn't confirm your shipping address (or I just totally missed it) It tried to ship it to the last address I shipped to which was an old address. I could not find anywhere on the site to change it or cancel the order. I tried to use their support chat to get someone to change it. I got halfway through a conversation and then was disconnected about 5 times. I tried calling the support number which isn't even on their website (had to google it) but after being on hold for like 15 minutes I gave up. I checked on the order later and the shipping address was changed to correct address. I'm not sure when exactly in the process that happened but it's headed towards the right place now. So eventually my problem was solved but it was a pain in the ass. Still no clue why I was being constantly disconnected from the chat.

So customer service kinda sucks but the prices are hard to beat. My iPad was in flawless condition and we will see about the 3DS later this week. I would order from them again even with the hassle.

Also I used Paypal once and CC the next time.

:360::bouncy:

#1963 TastyPorkBone

TastyPorkBone

How Could You Not Like Bacon !?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:29 PM

I ended up getting a grade 5 PS3 slim (160GB) for $158.xx after promo code and tax with everything but the owners manual and USB cable. Here is to hoping it works !

w7c9.png

#1964 maxiell

maxiell

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:52 PM

I've seen Slims and 250gb slims go for pretty cheap in the auctions so I'd start there.

With that said, I'd rather buy new and Amazon Warehouse Deals regularly has damaged packaging slims for $105-$110. With free shipping it is hard to do much better than that.

#1965 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:34 PM

WOWZIZ!!!!!!!! My Wii looks new! Even the nunchuck and MotionPlus Wiimote! The only thing that looks like it may have been used is the sensor bar.

Good deal for $40! About to go try it out! :D

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#1966 Gxray

Gxray

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:32 AM

Can anyone tell me if I can use coupons on "Buy it Now" auctions?

#1967 kube00

kube00

Grammar Hammer!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:01 AM

What coupons are currently active on the site? All the Vitas I see are grage 4 and are missing almost everything 

CAG TradeList
Co-Founder of The Gamer's Lounge The Gamer's Lounge: All About video games!
Former EIC of Goozernation.com 

#1968 NuclearPorkchop

NuclearPorkchop

Herc Mondo's Cousin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:45 AM

WOWZIZ!!!!!!!! My Wii looks new! Even the nunchuck and MotionPlus Wiimote! The only thing that looks like it may have been used is the sensor bar.

Good deal for $40! About to go try it out! :D

Grats! I'm now in the market for a Wii, what grade was the one you ordered? Looks like all the ones right now are in the $55-$60+ range...

Currently Playing:
:ps3: MGS Peace Walker HD

:360: n/a
:pc: Batman Arkham Origins; EYE Divine Cybermancy; Hawken; Sam & Max S1E04

Add me on Steam, we'll play games and stuff:

#1969 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2013 - 04:55 PM

Grats! I'm now in the market for a Wii, what grade was the one you ordered? Looks like all the ones right now are in the $55-$60+ range...

Thanks!

Grade 5. They have a stack of them for $40 from time to time.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#1970 Mako1215

Mako1215

Mr.OneOfWonder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:42 PM

I need a deal on a iPad 4 64gb to come along.

First, how can you claim prior non-existance to devalue a movement? I am sure the civil rights movement would love that. "Well, there was no movement to free the slaves before, so why is it relavent now?"

518793.png

#1971 wynams

wynams

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:04 PM

Some of the descriptions on cowboom sound like how people treat rental cars

#1972 domon

domon

Posted 09 July 2013 - 12:46 AM

How often does a grade 5+ wifi (1001) vita pop up? I wanted to get one before I go on a trip later this month.

#1973 kube00

kube00

Grammar Hammer!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:08 AM

Id love to get a Vita too as long as it was a 5 or above 

CAG TradeList
Co-Founder of The Gamer's Lounge The Gamer's Lounge: All About video games!
Former EIC of Goozernation.com 

#1974 domon

domon

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:44 AM

There's a white grade 5 w/ no charger or cable.

Also: Does anyone have an extra 4 GB vita card they'd be willing to get rid of for <$10?

#1975 domon

domon

Posted 09 July 2013 - 06:42 PM

Snatched a grade 5 vita with everything but manual. Crossing my fingers.

#1976 NuclearPorkchop

NuclearPorkchop

Herc Mondo's Cousin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:20 AM

Also, are folks still camping the main cowboom page spamming f5 hoping for something to pop up? Or is it safe to peruse the actual item listings and get a good deal?

Currently Playing:
:ps3: MGS Peace Walker HD

:360: n/a
:pc: Batman Arkham Origins; EYE Divine Cybermancy; Hawken; Sam & Max S1E04

Add me on Steam, we'll play games and stuff:

#1977 domon

domon

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:25 AM

Also, are folks still camping the main cowboom page spamming f5 hoping for something to pop up? Or is it safe to peruse the actual item listings and get a good deal?

Download the cowboom watcher extension for that if you're on chrome. Any sort of console popping up means it's a console day. But if you're looking for a handheld, there's usually only grade 4s on those unless you're fast or lucky. It really depends on what you want and when you want it.

#1978 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:51 AM

Don't forget to check the auctions. Might be able to snag something for cheap/cheaper.

#1979 SOLGarion

SOLGarion

The devil is in the details.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:52 AM

New Neo-Geo available. 

http://www.cowboom.com/product/1312344

#1980 my2k2zx2

my2k2zx2

Molly, Rockin the Doggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:06 AM

There's a white grade 5 w/ no charger or cable.

Also: Does anyone have an extra 4 GB vita card they'd be willing to get rid of for <$10?

If you have a Meijer nearby, they have the Vita Starter Kits on clearance for $8.  Comes with a 4GB card, soft case, screen protector and headphones.

If its free, its for me!!