Photo
* * * * * 5 votes

Cowboom Console Deals

• Please log in to reply
3204 replies to this topic

#2191 MrGranger

MrGranger

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:01 PM

Does the website get updated with new items at any particular time in the day or is that just totally random?

#2192 FEGuy

FEGuy

STARING DIRECTLY INTO YOUR SOUL

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:36 AM

Can Best Buy gift cards be used on the site?

Not unless they changed something very recently, no.

Does the website get updated with new items at any particular time in the day or is that just totally random?

I've never seen any specific time, and since there're apparently multiple warehouses acting more or less independently I'd expect things to go up in batches throughout the day. Even more random considering that they don't take down listings immediately once an item is sold, and that individual items appear or disappear as they're added/removed from people's carts. Only thing you can really count on is the daily deal ending at midnight central time and a new one starting shortly thereafter.

fs_overall.png

#2193 FEGuy

FEGuy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:33 PM

Got my Wii U today. Aside from the console and gamepad nothing even appeared to have been used; the cords were wrapped and Nintendo Land was sealed. System was on 3.0.0, updating it now. Still have to test the disc drive and Wiimote connections, but otherwise it appears to work just fine.

Also got my red XL today. For a grade 5 it was a lot closer to mint than I expected, one or two minuscule scratches, although the warehouse guys didn't bother cleaning it (even had a fucking eyelash or something half-stuck between the frame and touchscreen, what the Fuck) despite charging it and carefully packaging it. Was on 4.2.0, and if I didn't want to play Pokemon so badly I'd've tried flipping it to someone who was looking for a Gateway-compatible system. Unfortunately, it seems to get stuck in sleep mode. 100% of the time. Upgrading didn't help, switching/removing SD and game cards didn't help, turning wifi off didn't help. Luckily it's still under warranty which'll probably be much faster and more hassle-free than shipping it back to Cowboom, waiting on a refund, waiting for another good XL to show up, and waiting at least a week for it to get here.

Still, 7 for 8 on Cowboom isn't bad at all.

fs_overall.png

#2194 randamin

randamin

Posted 21 October 2013 - 10:42 PM

Unfortunately, it seems to get stuck in sleep mode. 100% of the time. Upgrading didn't help, switching/removing SD and game cards didn't help, turning wifi off didn't help. Luckily it's still under warranty which'll probably be much faster and more hassle-free than shipping it back to Cowboom, waiting on a refund, waiting for another good XL to show up, and waiting at least a week for it to get here.

My 3DS also has issues coming out of sleep mode at times. Each case seems isolated since it can go through weeks without it occuring. When it does get stuck in sleep mode are you able to turn the wireless switch off?

No shares available at this time

#2195 Chlorox

Chlorox

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2013 - 11:11 PM

I got my grade 4 vita in a couple days ago with the exception of one teeny tiny nic on the screen everything looks great. No cables came with it but grabbed one from Amazon for cheap. Grabbed one of the $83.99 ones they had and do not regret it one bit. 

#2196 FEGuy

FEGuy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2013 - 01:09 AM

My 3DS also has issues coming out of sleep mode at times. Each case seems isolated since it can go through weeks without it occuring. When it does get stuck in sleep mode are you able to turn the wireless switch off?

Nope. Found that kind of bizarre since I knew I could with my other 3DS systems in sleep mode. Pedometer still seems to work fine, oddly enough.

fs_overall.png

#2197 Alamo

Alamo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2013 - 05:58 AM

"Take your game to go! Deals on the Sony PS Vita, Nintendo 3DS & DSi are rotating while supplies last"

Tweet today.

EDIT:

All I see is Vitas.

I want a 3DS

#2198 ThatOneGuyWho

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2013 - 06:03 AM

Is it me or has the page trick been done away with. I don't get the 4 extra options anymore. No matter how long I wait, it always adds to the cart.

#2199 Alamo

Alamo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2013 - 06:36 AM

Is it me or has the page trick been done away with. I don't get the 4 extra options anymore. No matter how long I wait, it always adds to the cart.

I think they are rotating items until the supply is gone. Not sure though.

#2200 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2013 - 06:45 AM

There are some high grade 4gb Kinect bundles/250gb slims for $139.99 Free Shipping.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#2201 darkshadows6000

darkshadows6000

Long time skulker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:33 PM

Cowboom is selling used WiiU consoles for $199.99.  Add to cart for $249.99 - $50 off w/coupon WiiU.

http://www.cowboom.c..._source=OfrhIMk*DmY&siteID=OfrhIMk.DmY-tsKpSjVv1oKKlpDohZrHKw

Unfortunately, most of the consoles are marked as having significant marks and scuffs.  Additionally the consoles may be missing some items, e.g. cradle, sensor bar, etc. :(

#2202 JCAll

JCAll

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:11 PM

Cowboom is selling used WiiU consoles for $199.99.  Add to cart for $249.99 - $50 off w/coupon WiiU.

http://www.cowboom.c..._source=OfrhIMk*DmY&siteID=OfrhIMk.DmY-tsKpSjVv1oKKlpDohZrHKw

Unfortunately, most of the consoles are marked as having significant marks and scuffs.  Additionally the consoles may be missing some items, e.g. cradle, sensor bar, etc. :(

They were selling the  exact same systems yesterday for 199 without any coupon.

#2203 ThatOneGuyWho

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:19 PM

They were selling the  exact same systems yesterday for 199 without any coupon.

Yeah, people were getting these for $150 (w/ coupon) yesterday. Wait a while and these will dip to $150 and lower from CowBoom more often.

#2204 randamin

randamin

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:36 PM

What seemed to be a non-issue at first has now come back to bite me. In the system info it always said "This console is managed by a two-year agreement" Well now I tried to play and a pop-up appeared that said  "Sorry, this console can't play until your subscription payments are up to date." Trying to chat with microsoft about the problem but they didn't seem to be addressing the issue well enough so I called but they could not release the console from this agreement. This is worse than a console ban from xbox live because I can't even play offline games.

No shares available at this time

#2205 GamerMachX

GamerMachX

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:56 PM

is 38 for a dsi a good deal for them?

#2206 JCAll

JCAll

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2013 - 02:44 AM

Yeah, people were getting these for $150 (w/ coupon) yesterday. Wait a while and these will dip to $150 and lower from CowBoom more often.

$150, huh?  Too bad I didn't notice then, I would have been all over that.

#2207 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2013 - 03:09 AM

Lol. 

Ugh. If only you would've found this out when that deal was going on. Cause, I'm SURE you wouldn't have just sat on some info like this. That would've been dumb as  Fuck .

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#2208 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2013 - 01:35 PM

is 38 for a dsi a good deal for them?

dont gamestop have them for 20 or 40  black friday

WOOOO I STINK

#2209 highoffcoffee496

highoffcoffee496

I gotta believe!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2013 - 01:52 PM

I would have been all over a $150 Wii U :-(

(\__/)
(='.'=)
This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Posted Image

#2210 thehoweller

thehoweller

IllegalCouponPrinter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2013 - 02:50 PM

What seemed to be a non-issue at first has now come back to bite me. In the system info it always said "This console is managed by a two-year agreement" Well now I tried to play and a pop-up appeared that said  "Sorry, this console can't play until your subscription payments are up to date." Trying to chat with microsoft about the problem but they didn't seem to be addressing the issue well enough so I called but they could not release the console from this agreement. This is worse than a console ban from xbox live because I can't even play offline games.

That sucks.  Sorry to hear about that.

Posted Image
For the Earthbound fans...Visit this SMAAASH ing link!
Posted Image

#2211 ThatOneGuyWho

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2013 - 03:04 PM

Ugh. If only you would've found this out when that deal was going on. Cause, I'm SURE you wouldn't have just sat on some info like this. That would've been dumb as  Fuck .

I have no obligation to post any deals especially when I don't think it was a deal. All the consoles were grade 4's and missing multiple items. Not worth $150 imo with no completes.

#2212 RandCLR

RandCLR

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2013 - 05:01 PM

Thanks for the coupon lead. I saw the $199 base price the other day but they went through 7 or more pages of inventory by the next morning. I checked today and just pulled the trigger on a Grade 7 fully complete, including the wrapping and cardboard insert (which suggests the box will be with it, I hope) for $211 shipped. Figured I'll take my chances on a complete 7 at 200 with coupon over a partially complete 5 at 150 with coupon--which expires Thursday anyway.

I've been in no hurry for the Wii U; already the first Nintendo system I haven't picked up on launch since I got SNES launch day, but at this price I can let it basically sit around until Super Mario Worlds 3D while I play Arkham Origins and BF4.

#2213 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2013 - 05:15 PM

I have no obligation to post any deals especially when I don't think it was a deal. All the consoles were grade 4's and missing multiple items. Not worth $150 imo with no completes.

Could've been something for us to check up on as I know they add better grades, periodically. Thank you for mentioning it AFTER it was over. This is a deals site where the more help we get the better. I guess your lack of team work shouldn't surprise me.

#2214 ThatOneGuyWho

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2013 - 06:20 PM

Could've been something for us to check up on as I know they add better grades, periodically. Thank you for mentioning it AFTER it was over. This is a deals site where the more help we get the better. I guess your lack of team work shouldn't surprise me.

Sure sure. Whatever makes you feel better about missing a deal. More deals will come, no need to bitch and blame others for you not checking and always relying on others for your deal hunting. Sad.

#2215 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2013 - 06:25 PM

Sure sure. Whatever makes you feel better about missing a deal. More deals will come, no need to bitch and blame others for you not checking and always relying on others for your deal hunting. Sad.

Keep telling yourself that. :applause:

#2216 highoffcoffee496

highoffcoffee496

I gotta believe!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2013 - 06:36 PM

This is a website for everyone working together...if you saw a deal you should have posted it; I would have grabbed it and it looks like others in here would have too. Everyone can't find/keep track of every deal and that's why we share and work as a team. Sorry that I can't keep track 24/7 and missed this........guess I'll have to put all my obligations on hold so I don't miss it next time :roll: :-

(\__/)
(='.'=)
This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Posted Image

#2217 Bandersnatch84

Bandersnatch84

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2013 - 06:59 PM

I was actually in the market for an incomplete Wii U that was scratched the Fuck up and now I missed it! Thanks a lot Yigytugd! :razz:

#2218 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:01 PM

I was actually in the market for an incomplete Wii U that was scratched the Fuck up and now I missed it! Thanks a lot Yigytugd! :razz:

That might have, actually, been funny if Cowboom didn't add 5s, 6s, and 7s from time to time.

Spoiler

#2219 Bandersnatch84

Bandersnatch84

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:23 PM

Yeah, from time to time you see the occasional grade 5 or 6 pop up. You're dreaming if you think anyone got a decent grade Wii U complete with the coupon for $150 yesterday. :lol:

#2220 ThatOneGuyWho

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:03 PM

That might have, actually, been funny if Cowboom didn't add 5s, 6s, and 7s from time to time.

They did add higher grades... after they raised the price. You don't understand, all of the consoles were grade 4's with notes and pictures showing significant damage. They didn't include most of the items and you would have needed to spend $50 just to get all the items that would have been included. 

No, I don't think that's a deal and I did not post it nor will I be hassled for not posting something and you missing out on a deal. If you really wanted a WiiU from CowBoom in that horrible shape than you should be actively looking on CowBoom for it. Don't blame me for your lost.