Best Buy Ad - 8/19/12 - 8/25/2012

Taco5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The Dictator Banned & Unrated:
  • DVD (includes UltraViolet Digital Copy) - $17.99
  • Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes DVD and UltraViolet Digital Copy) - $22.99 *Best Buy exclusive has bearded packaging*
Bernie:
  • DVD - $11.99
  • Blu-ray - $14.99
Freelancers:
  • DVD - $12.99
  • Blu-ray - $16.99
WWE: The 50 Greatest Finishing Moves in WWE History:
  • DVD - $16.99 *Best Buy exclusive contains bonus content*
  • Blu-ray - $19.99 *Best Buy exclusive contains bonus content*
Get $10 off when you buy any 2 of these Disney Blu-ray movies

The Aristocats:
  • Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes DVD) - $22.99
The Tigger Movie: Bounce-A-Rrrific Special Edition:
The Rescuers: 35th Anniversary Edition 2 Movie Collection (The Rescuers / The Rescuers Down Under):
Pocahontas Special Edition 2 Movie Collection (Pocahontas / Pocahontas II: Journey To A New World):
Lady and the Tramp II: Scamp's Adventure Special Edition:
Disneynature: Chimpanzee:
Free Best Buy gift card offer
Free $10 Best Buy gift card when you spend $50 or more on TV titles on DVD or Blu-ray. Free $25 Best Buy gift card when you spend $100 or more on TV titles on DVD or Blu-ray. Products must be purchased on the same receipt to receive the gift card. Excludes children's TV titles. Online offer may vary.

House, M.D.: Season Eight:
  • DVD - $34.99
  • Blu-ray - $39.99
Revenge: The Complete First Season:
Mike & Molly: The Complete Second Season:
  • DVD - $19.99
NCIS: The Ninth Season:
  • DVD - $32.99
NCIS: Los Angeles - The Third Season:
  • DVD - $32.99
The Closer: The Complete Seventh and Final Season:
  • DVD - $34.99
Available Now:

The Hunger Games:
  • 2-Disc DVD (includes Digital Copy) - $16.99
  • 2-Disc Blu-ray (includes Digital Copy) - $19.99
Seeking Justice:
  • DVD - $14.99
  • Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes DVD) - $17.99
$4.99 DVD:
  • All Dogs Go to Heaven
  • Napoleon Dynamite
  • Cast Away
  • Mrs. Doubtfire
  • National Lampoon's Vacation
$14.99 Blu-ray:

Buy 2 get one free on select Sony titles $9.99 and up. Selection and pricing varies by store. Free item must be equal or lesser value. Products must be purchased on the same receipt to receive savings.
  • Midnight in Paris
  • Friends with Benefits
  • Colombiana Unrated
  • Moneyball
  • The Ides of March
  • Zombieland
  • The Social Network
  • Battle: Los Angeles
  • The Rum Diary
  • Men in Black
  • Men in Black II
  • more at BestBuy.com/savestation
TV on DVD and Blu-ray:
Free $10 Best Buy gift card when you spend $50 or more on TV titles on DVD or Blu-ray. Free $25 Best Buy gift card when you spend $100 or more on TV titles on DVD or Blu-ray. Products must be purchased on the same receipt to receive the gift card. Excludes children's TV titles. Online offer may vary.

Dexter: The Sixth Season:
  • DVD - $34.99
  • Blu-ray - $39.99
Mike & Molly: The Complete First Season:
  • DVD - $16.99
  • Blu-ray - $22.99
NCIS:
  • Seasons 1 - 8 on DVD - $16.99 each
NCIS: Los Angeles:
  • Seasons 1 - 2 on DVD - $16.99 each
The Closer:
  • Seasons 1 - 6 on DVD - $15.99 each
House, M.D.:
  • Seasons 1 - 6 on DVD - $17.99 each
THANKS TO ANNIE CHU @ EXAMINER.COM

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SMBScooby']Are the disney movie $22.99 with or without the $10 off?[/QUOTE]If it follows past trends, it's before the $10 off. Won't know for sure until we can see a picture of the ad or when the ad is released.

The really good thing is if Amazon does what they normally do, which is match the price Best Buy will have them for in the release week. If that's the case, then anyone who preordered Tigger Movie, Pocahontas, Aristocats, Rescuers or Lady & The Tramp 2 when Amazon had the $8 off coupon, you may end up with them for $14.99 with your preorder. $22.99 to match Best Buy's price and $8 off from the coupon, so $14.99.

[quote name='shrike4242']If it follows past trends, it's before the $10 off. Won't know for sure until we can see a picture of the ad or when the ad is released.

The really good thing is if Amazon does what they normally do, which is match the price Best Buy will have them for in the release week. If that's the case, then anyone who preordered Tigger Movie, Pocahontas, Aristocats, Rescuers or Lady & The Tramp 2 when Amazon had the $8 off coupon, you may end up with them for $14.99 with your preorder. $22.99 to match Best Buy's price and $8 off from the coupon, so $14.99.[/QUOTE]

Amazon has $10 off right now instead of the $8.

[quote name='SMBScooby']Amazon has $10 off right now instead of the $8.[/QUOTE]It's $10 off two movies like the BB promotion, not $8 off each movie which was what the coupon was for when it was available.

Glad to see the tv show deal continuing. Hoping the Chuck seasons are still on sale next week. May have to pick up some Disney movies too. There any coupons for any of these?

[quote name='shrike4242']If it follows past trends, it's before the $10 off. Won't know for sure until we can see a picture of the ad or when the ad is released.

The really good thing is if Amazon does what they normally do, which is match the price Best Buy will have them for in the release week. If that's the case, then anyone who preordered Tigger Movie, Pocahontas, Aristocats, Rescuers or Lady & The Tramp 2 when Amazon had the $8 off coupon, you may end up with them for $14.99 with your preorder. $22.99 to match Best Buy's price and $8 off from the coupon, so $14.99.[/QUOTE]
GDI, I told myself I didn't want Aristocats but if I could've scored it for $15, I'd be in. Sigh, maybe there will be DMR coupons so I can get in on the BB deal. Otherwise I'll just have to settle for my Rescuers for $15.

Some really good deals next week.

Tagged.
I did the $8 on four of those Disney B titles from Amazon. If they don't adjust the price soon then I guess I am cancelling; After reviewing my order, even with tax the BBy deal is better.

[quote name='gravel']Will the $10 off two Disney movies stack with the $10 back after $50 in-store pick up order?[/QUOTE]

If it does, that would be a no brainer, especially with RewardZone points to boot.

What's the difference between the 29.99 & 34.99 Bluray versions of the Rescuers? The description looks the same to me. Maybe one is the 3D version.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='gravel']Will the $10 off two Disney movies stack with the $10 back after $50 in-store pick up order?[/QUOTE]

if the total is over $50 still I imagine it would.

Will the $10 combined purchase that Amazon has going right now stack with the $8 coupon offer? I picked up Pocahontas, Rescuers and Aristocats. If I could get another $10, that'd be nice. About $12 per movie - which is more than what it's worth to me. The wife on the other hand... She loves her Disney...

[quote name='spatenfloot']What's the difference between the 29.99 & 34.99 Bluray versions of the Rescuers? The description looks the same to me. Maybe one is the 3D version.[/QUOTE]
$29.99 is for the Blu-Ray only, while $34.99 is for the Blu-Ray DVD combo pack.

Will likely pick up the Rescuers and the Aristocats in to add to my Disney collection that I could show to my niece.

[quote name='Taco5']
TV on DVD and Blu-ray:
[/QUOTE]
Is there a link to the details for this offer? Is this a separate promotion than the spend $50 on video games and media for a $10 gift card? Does this mean that you could spend $50 and get two $10 gift cards somehow? Or Spend $100 and get one $25 + one $10 gift card?

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Tagged.
I did the $8 on four of those Disney B titles from Amazon. If they don't adjust the price soon then I guess I am cancelling; After reviewing my order, even with tax the BBy deal is better.[/QUOTE]Most likely, Amazon should match by the weekend, possibly as late as Monday.

I'm confident that they will match the BB prices and they'll be $14.99 AC.

BB deal does work out to be better if you order two of the movies ($35.98 after $10 discount) and enough filler to make it to be $50 for the in-store pickup point and get the bonus $10 GC. If you do it online (not sure how it would be in-store), the $10 discount will be taken off a single item and not $5 off each one. One movie would be $12.99 and the other one would be $22.99, which is how they did it with the recent Miyazaki movies when they released (Arrietty, Castle In The Sky, Whisper Of The Heart).

I have all 5 Disney releases locked with the $8 off coupon (Aristocats, Lady and the Tramp 2, Pocahontas 1 & 2, Rescuers 1 & 2, and Tigger Movie). I'm definitely keeping Rescuers and Tigger.

What are peoples' opinions of the other 3? I haven't seen any of them and Rotten Tomatoes' ratings for them aren't that great. Should I keep the orders or cancel?

Edit: Was there ever a coupon for Disney Nature's Chimpanzee? I just realized it's out this week.

Some good deals there thanks. Just wish Dexter on Blu-ray would drop a little more.
jess

Just got done chatting with an Amazon rep:
- Existing orders do no qualify for the $10 off when you buy 2 promo
- Cancelling and reordering will nullify the coupons

Bummed to hear this, but not unexpected

[quote name='WingsDJY']Just got done chatting with an Amazon rep:
- Existing orders do no qualify for the $10 off when you buy 2 promo
- Cancelling and reordering will nullify the coupons

Bummed to hear this, but not unexpected[/QUOTE]Not sure why you needed to check with Amazon about that, as that was a given on both counts.

You can't double-stack promotions, so you'd either get the coupons or the $10 off 2 movies purchase.

I'd suggest waiting it out until this weekend and checking the prices around Saturday or Sunday. Setting up a price watch on camelcamelcamel.com makes it even easier.

[quote name='shrike4242']Not sure why you needed to check with Amazon about that, as that was a given on both counts.

You can't double-stack promotions, so you'd either get the coupons or the $10 off 2 movies purchase.

I'd suggest waiting it out until this weekend and checking the prices around Saturday or Sunday. Setting up a price watch on camelcamelcamel.com makes it even easier.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, thus the "Bummed to hear this, but not unexpected" line, but I figured it never hurts to ask.

[quote name='wickedtechnique']Some good deals there thanks. Just wish Dexter on Blu-ray would drop a little more.
jess
[/QUOTE]

its cheaper this week. $29.99 instead of $39.99. Just came out this week. you're not going to see a huge sale on it for a while.

Has Disney stopped doing the printable coupons? I know my kids would love the Aristocats, but not sure I want TWO movies from the list. I missed the Amazon deal also.

[quote name='doubledown']Has Disney stopped doing the printable coupons? I know my kids would love the Aristocats, but not sure I want TWO movies from the list. I missed the Amazon deal also.[/QUOTE]
I tried brute forcing the coupons again last night and they just don't exist. Pisses me off because coupons with the BB deal would be epic.

[quote name='shrike4242']Not sure why you needed to check with Amazon about that, as that was a given on both counts.

I'd suggest waiting it out until this weekend and checking the prices around Saturday or Sunday. Setting up a price watch on camelcamelcamel.com makes it even easier.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the advice, shrike. My girl and I preordered 4 movies (Lady and the Tramp, Pocahontas, Aristocats and Rescuers) with that deal. We're sitting at $75.44 right now, which is nice, but the BB deal on top of the coupons would be the sweetest.

[quote name='advanced']Thanks for the advice, shrike. My girl and I preordered 4 movies (Lady and the Tramp, Pocahontas, Aristocats and Rescuers) with that deal. We're sitting at $75.44 right now, which is nice, but the BB deal on top of the coupons would be the sweetest.[/QUOTE]

Pocahontas, aristocats and rescuers dropped to $22.99 so they should be $15 after coupon. Does anyone know when these usually ship with amazon prime? Saturday? Sunday?

I'm just wondering because I would like to trade in some games at best buy Sunday (100% promo), buy a kindle card, and apply it to my amazon orders. If they ship on Saturday, my plan won't work.

Amazon ships on Saturday mostly. But can and will take as long as Sunday evening as well. I usually get preorders shipped on Saturday which can be inconvenient when looking for the best price.

M

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Pocahontas, aristocats and rescuers dropped to $22.99 so they should be $15 after coupon. Does anyone know when these usually ship with amazon prime? Saturday? Sunday?

I'm just wondering because I would like to trade in some games at best buy Sunday (100% promo), buy a kindle card, and apply it to my amazon orders. If they ship on Saturday, my plan won't work.[/QUOTE]

I noticed that as well but my pre-order total hasn't been updated yet....
Hopefully the pre-order price guarantee includes this recent price drop!
Also, I hope they match BB's price on the Tigger Movie.

FML, they all dropped in price lol. Well that's what I get I suppose. The one time Amazon ended up being the clear winner and I didn't pre-order everything.

[quote name='Mikerocosms']Amazon ships on Saturday mostly. But can and will take as long as Sunday evening as well. I usually get preorders shipped on Saturday which can be inconvenient when looking for the best price.

M[/QUOTE]

fucking God Damn It. All of my orders shipped for $19.86 instead of the $14.99 price. The items dropped in price before they even started the shipping process. I called amazon to price adjust and they said they can't do anything until the items say that they are "shipped." They also said it was too late to cancel the orders because they are already on the truck.

My bank account was already charged $19.86 x3 for the three movies I ordered.

Mine haven't shipped yet. But I guess they will shortly. Sorry to hear you didn't get to do what you wanted.

You will get a refund (for the price drop) about 2-3 days after release day. I've never had an issue with that. I understand that you could also call Amazon and let them know about it if you feel uncomfortable about it.

M

Sorry to hear about your problems, Sonic.

All mine except Aristocats were adjusted. I got FSSS, so I'm sure it will be adjusted at some point before Tuesday when it should ship.

I just got my shipping notices (I ordered the Tigger Movie separately, apparently) and I was charged $27.86 (before coupon) for Aristocats, Pocahontas, & The Rescuers. :(

I just sent an e-mail to customer service so hopefully I can get a partial refund...

Yep, mine shipped at the wrong price as well. Would be nice if it didn't take the full 24 hours for their so-called price drop guarantee to work. -_-

[quote name='advanced']Sorry to hear about your problems, Sonic.

All mine except Aristocats were adjusted. I got FSSS, so I'm sure it will be adjusted at some point before Tuesday when it should ship.[/QUOTE]

I appreciate it. This is one instance where FSSS is better than Prime. ;)

I ended up calling back again and getting my "refunds." The refunds are still processing and could take 2 to 3 business days. The amounts are for $4.87 per movie. It doesn't sound like much, but it takes my purchase from $60 to $45 for the 3 blurays.

I was just angry because I posted on this thread about the price drop before my orders shipped.

Just a suggestion for the future but when I'm not sure they will adjust prices intially like this on the drops, I usually head into the order and mark it to standard shipping, buying me a day or two extra for the drop to show up in my order. I did this on Friday night before they dropped in price and once they adjusted in my order I popped back in and bumped them back up to two day. I should be receiving them on release date so I didn't lose any time with the temporary change.

[quote name='xbox_mole']Just a suggestion for the future but when I'm not sure they will adjust prices intially like this on the drops, I usually head into the order and mark it to standard shipping, buying me a day or two extra for the drop to show up in my order. I did this on Friday night before they dropped in price and once they adjusted in my order I popped back in and bumped them back up to two day. I should be receiving them on release date so I didn't lose any time with the temporary change.[/QUOTE]

Well done. I always appreciate a clever workaround. I may try that next time.

M

Out of the five movies I pre-ordered, three shipped at the $22.99 before coupon price and one didn't (Lady And The Tramp 2), which was $23.86 before the coupon. My Tigger Movie order hasn't adjusted yet, though the item will, so I'm covered either way.

Before people start bitching and complaining to Amazon, wait it out until Thursday, which is about the last point you should wait to get an email from them about the pre-order price guarantee. Regardless, you should get an email from them detailing the difference in price by release day versus your shipped price and the credit you should be getting back from them.

If you don't have it by the end of the day on Thursday, call/email/chat them and get your money back. I just have to wait and see what happens with Tigger Movie and when it ships as well if they drop the price on Lady And The Tramp 2.

[quote name='FadeToOne']The buy 2 get 1 sounds promising[/QUOTE]

Meh... that didn't turn out like I'd hoped. Most of what I would want is the $14.99 price.

[quote name='shrike4242']Out of the five movies I pre-ordered, three shipped at the $22.99 before coupon price and one didn't (Lady And The Tramp 2), which was $23.86 before the coupon. My Tigger Movie order hasn't adjusted yet, though the item will, so I'm covered either way.

Before people start bitching and complaining to Amazon, wait it out until Thursday, which is about the last point you should wait to get an email from them about the pre-order price guarantee. Regardless, you should get an email from them detailing the difference in price by release day versus your shipped price and the credit you should be getting back from them.

If you don't have it by the end of the day on Thursday, call/email/chat them and get your money back. I just have to wait and see what happens with Tigger Movie and when it ships as well if they drop the price on Lady And The Tramp 2.[/QUOTE]

Mine shipped out before the price drop, but I'm not too concerned. Amazon will catch it up this week.

As an FYI, The Lady and The Tramp 2 is still showing up as $23.86. It's only $0.87 more than Best Buy, but that's still enough to warrant notifying them of a lower price. I recommend others do this as well to make sure it gets straightened out.

So no word yet if the BB deal will stack with the coupons that are stuck on the Disney movies for getting $10.00 off when you buy two?

[quote name='ajh2298']So no word yet if the BB deal will stack with the coupons that are stuck on the Disney movies for getting $10.00 off when you buy two?[/QUOTE]
It's Tuesday already?

[quote name='Jodou']It's Tuesday already?[/QUOTE]

Sorry my days off changed this week I went from 8 weeks straight weeks of Tuesdays and Wednesdays off to Mondays and Tuesdays I got confused.

Got my Rescuers from Amazon today and Disney is getting cheap on the packaging FYI. Both DVDs are jammed into the left pocket instead of using a proper folding page to keep them individual. Just a heads up to check yours at the store before leaving in case one is damaged. Mine was fine, but you never know.

Entering your rewards code also unlocks an offer for a 'The Lost Chords' soundtrack, as well.
rescuerscd860x1046detailsb1345481296511.jpg

[quote name='ajh2298']So no word yet if the BB deal will stack with the coupons that are stuck on the Disney movies for getting $10.00 off when you buy two?[/QUOTE]

Huh....there is a coupon on the discs for these also?

ok this is definitely a YMMV but i dont have a BB near enough to me so i go to WM to price match. well i was able to get a PM of $5 off each movie i purchased(3) bringing the price from 24.99 to 17.99 each. After that the cashier saw there was a coupon on the packaging and without batting an eye she tore them off and scanned each one. the register accepted them all now bringing the total to 7.99 each. Theres obviously a glitch in the system, picked up The Rescuers, Pocahontas, and The Tigger movie. awsome:lol:

bread's done
Back