U-Play $1 Daily Deals: Driver:SF, From Dust, HAWX2, Silent Hunter 5, 8/16-8/19

• Please log in to reply
317 replies to this topic

#301 Motoki

Motoki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2012 - 12:47 AM

I used steam mover, easy as hell and no updating etc after you use it, just use it and steam wouldnt know it ever happened

True but steam mover to my knowledge only moves one game at a time. If you want to move all the games over to another drive and you have a ton installed it's not very practical.

Of course I probably have WAY more games installed than I reasonably need to. :-P

steam_sig.png

#302 Larce80

Larce80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2012 - 12:51 AM

True but steam mover to my knowledge only moves one game at a time. If you want to move all the games over to another drive and you have a ton installed it's not very practical.

Of course I probably have WAY more games installed than I reasonably need to. :-P

how else can you move them? You can select as many games as you want to move but of course it will only transfer 1 at a time.
Sign up at Greenmangaming with my link and we'll both get $2 credit when you make a purchase :)

#303 lhfan04

lhfan04

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2012 - 01:22 AM

just now when i figure out how to download the file for the game the download speed is shot.. 350-400kbps.. pitiful

#304 kaydigi

kaydigi

BK All Day

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2012 - 01:25 AM

just now when i figure out how to download the file for the game the download speed is shot.. 350-400kbps.. pitiful

Same here it's getting slower by the minute, taking over 2 hours for Splinter Cell Conviction

#305 Meeza

Meeza

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2012 - 01:37 AM

Both my games showed up fine in Uplay, but I dont have to download them now right?

I think the new U-Play client/system lets you redownload the game whenever you want, but to be safe I'll probably clear some space and download it within 30 days anyways.

#306 Motoki

Motoki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2012 - 02:18 AM

how else can you move them? You can select as many games as you want to move but of course it will only transfer 1 at a time.

Well those guys are basically saying reinstall the Steam client to another drive then copy everything over, so there's that. I guess it depends on how much you want to move over. I had been moving one by one over but I keep having to do it some maybe I'll just copy the whole thing over to the other drive. I'll see.

steam_sig.png

#307 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2012 - 02:29 AM

Well, I'm about ready to give up on this piece of shit. Downloaded yet again and it fails install. It keeps telling me to check a log and I have no clue where this log is.

At least with Steam, it works most of the time.
Posted Image

#308 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2012 - 02:47 AM

Blashphemer!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I'm about ready to give up on this piece of shit. Downloaded yet again and it fails install. It keeps telling me to check a log and I have no clue where this log is.

At least with Steam, it works most of the time.

Aww shit, just bought Driver San Francisco Deluxe edition, it better download.
spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#309 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2012 - 04:50 AM

I moved my Steam folder 3 times (once off a RAID Array, twice to a new HD) without any issues.

Spoiler

Thanks for the confirmation! That is pretty much what I hazily recall doing before.

I used steam mover, easy as hell and no updating etc after you use it, just use it and steam wouldnt know it ever happened

I want to move my whole steam folder from a 500GB partition to a partition on a 2TB drive. I don't want to fuss shuffling stuff around when I want to play something. To me my steam backlog is pretty analogous to my shelf of PS2 games in terms of .... hmm, I'll play this (random) one -NOW-. Encountering DirectX setup or the like unexpectedly is unpleasant -- I mean like -BLOOD EVERYWHERE- unpleasant.

I have never used steammover because I prefer to manage the stuff myself. I create softlinks (using LSE)all the time to get my gamesaves into a dropbox folder to that they are automagically backed up (and I can easily roll back to any save in the last 30 days -- handy for corruption or other takes on the aforementioned -BLOOD EVERYWHERE- situation, oh yeah and syncing saves across my computers)

That said, I think steammover is likely a nice user-proof tool for someone who likes move whatever they are currently playing to their SSD, assuming they have one. Or someone with a laptop and the steam archive steammoved to an external.

No cute little animals were harmed in the production of this post.

#310 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2012 - 05:39 AM

I think the new U-Play client/system lets you redownload the game whenever you want, but to be safe I'll probably clear some space and download it within 30 days anyways.

Someone on Uplay confirmed on their forums that you can download it as often as you'd like whenever you like.

Yes, I can absolutely confirm that you can download your game via the Uplay client as many times as you wish and without limitation in time.

This is true for all games bought from a digital store or retail that use the Uplay client.

#311 Motoki

Motoki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:06 AM

Someone on Uplay confirmed on their forums that you can download it as often as you'd like whenever you like.

Well he should put a caveat out there for games that may have additional DRM besides UPlay that limit the number of installs. I don't know if there are others, but I do know that Anno 2070 at least has Tages with a 3 limit activation and is a Uplay enabled game.

http://www.rockpaper...ks-as-intended/

steam_sig.png

#312 nategator

nategator

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:31 AM

Well he should put a caveat out there for games that may have additional DRM besides UPlay that limit the number of installs. I don't know if there are others, but I do know that Anno 2070 at least has Tages with a 3 limit activation and is a Uplay enabled game.

The OP quoted my post, where I reported that on twitter Ubisoft told me that the Uplay games have unlimited downloads with no activation limits.

#313 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:38 AM

I noticed that the Steam page for Assault on Dark Athena days that after 30 days, you automatically get 3 more activations with Tages, is that true of all Tages games?
http://store.steampo...d.com/app/9860/

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#314 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:49 AM

I noticed that the Steam page for Assault on Dark Athena days that after 30 days, you automatically get 3 more activations with Tages, is that true of all Tages games?
http://store.steampo...d.com/app/9860/

Does not compute. (First time I've seen something like that in reference to Tages.)

#315 SOLDIER

SOLDIER

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:02 PM

It's been about 24 hours since I bought Driver, and it still won't show up in my Games list in the Uplay program.

It's supposed to download as soon as I open up the client, right? Or was I supposed to do something with the activation code?

#316 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:21 PM

I didn't do anything with the key, I just opened Uplay, went to my games tab, and the game info loaded with a picture and a DL button.

#317 z3razerviper

z3razerviper

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:32 PM

Guys just use windows junction points to move your steam games folder to windows it will look like its on the old drive but it will really be somewhere else.

For example here is one i used for uplay

mklink /j "C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\cache\installers\" "E:\Disk Images\Digital Downloads\Uplay\"

I dont use one for steam cause I keep steam on my d drive where its installed.

Edited by z3razerviper, 20 August 2012 - 07:43 PM.

#318 inm8num2

inm8num2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2012 - 04:17 AM

Can't believe I missed these. I mean, I heard of the $1 deals but simply forgot to act on them.

Phooey.