U-Play $1 Daily Deals: Driver:SF, From Dust, HAWX2, Silent Hunter 5, 8/16-8/19

• Please log in to reply
317 replies to this topic

#31 Mugatu

Mugatu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 05:02 PM

I'd like Driver SF but I'd rather not install yet another worthless DRM scheme, espeically one from Ubisoft.

#32 motoki

motoki

Goofy Genie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 05:12 PM

I recently picked up Hawx 2 and Driver SF in one of the countless Best Buy B2g1 used games sales. I'll resell them on ebay or something I guess. Thanks OP. No real issues with the Uplay module so far. Sucks if we actually have to be online for any of these games, as I can think of several instances for myself where I might not be able to be online.

Anybody happen to know if I can still play this overseas? I'm currently in the US, but I'll be traveling to Korea soon for at least a year. I hope that I don't have to wait to play any of these games because Uplay doesn't accept my "out of territory" IP or something. I'll likely be subscribing to a VPN anyhow so I can continue to get Netflix/Hulu, etc, but it'd be nice to not have to connect to it for games that I don't intend to play online.

Well if you are taking a laptop with you with the game pre-installed I know most of them can be set to run UPlay in offline made as long and you have run them and activated them at least once while connected to the net.

If you are going to be running them on completely different PCs over there coming from that IP I honestly have no idea. Sorry.

steam_sig.png

#33 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 05:38 PM

Anybody know whether the always-connected bit has been patched out of Silent Hunter yet?

I found the answer to my question here on the Ubisoft forums. Looks like you can play any Uplay-enabled game offline if you've activated it first.

fs_20fa6c7c0d5d11e0a23d8bb844bec87b.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#34 deletion

deletion

Posted 16 August 2012 - 05:43 PM

i'm all over this!! thanks op!
-----
Hey CAGs, Swagbucks is your friend!
I get at least 5 Bucks in Amazon giftcards a week.
Doesn't seem like a lot, but it adds up!

Posted Image

#35 TctclMvPhase

TctclMvPhase

Dismal Scientist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 05:49 PM

I have Assassin's Creed Brotherhood that I picked up for Steam, but I haven't installed it yet. Is that going to require UPlay?

black_swan_movie-640x120.jpg

"I was perfect....

#36 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 05:51 PM

I have Assassin's Creed Brotherhood that I picked up for Steam, but I haven't installed it yet. Is that going to require UPlay?

Yup. All "newer" Ubisoft games [past couple years] require UPlay regardless of where you bought it [STEAM version requires UPlay]

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#37 psunami

psunami

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:02 PM

One thing to be aware about, in regards to Silent Hunter 5 is that the forums indicate that the game support died and that there are numerous issues with the game.

Some people might be willing to give it a shot for $1, but it sounds pretty bad based on the forum chatter.

http://forums.ubi.co...Silent-Hunter-5

I'll probably give HAWX 2, From Dust, and Driver: San Francisco a go though.

Thanks, OP.

#38 pantsattack

pantsattack

Grant Thrift Auto

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:08 PM

Don't let installing Uplay stop you from these deals. You'll have to install it when you play AC:B anyway.

#39 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:08 PM

One thing I like about Uplay .... You can unlock DLC and extras for free by playing the games you buy. It's one of the only download services that rewards you with actual points for doing certain things in the games you buy and the unlocked stuff is actually pretty decent, including new skins (Altair skin in PoP, new mp skin in AC Brotherhood etc), weapons and mp modes. Basically it's achievements with points, and I really like that model over Live or PSN where I see no real point to getting trophies/ achievements.

#40 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:12 PM

One thing to be aware about, in regards to Silent Hunter 5 is that the forums indicate that the game support died and that there are numerous issues with the game.

Some people might be willing to give it a shot for $1, but it sounds pretty bad based on the forum chatter.

http://forums.ubi.co...Silent-Hunter-5

I'll probably give HAWX 2, From Dust, and Driver: San Francisco a go though.

Thanks, OP.

There have been a few patches addressing the launch bugs, but nothing in the last few years, so it's pretty much a YMMV situation. Personally I think I'd rather take a chance on this than HAWX 2, which got pretty bad reviews for similar reasons (buggy and not too good).

fs_20fa6c7c0d5d11e0a23d8bb844bec87b.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#41 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:23 PM

One thing I like about Uplay .... You can unlock DLC and extras for free by playing the games you buy. It's one of the only download services that rewards you with actual points for doing certain things in the games you buy and the unlocked stuff is actually pretty decent, including new skins (Altair skin in PoP, new mp skin in AC Brotherhood etc), weapons and mp modes. Basically it's achievements with points, and I really like that model over Live or PSN where I see no real point to getting trophies/ achievements.

/agree I didn't bother buying Splinter Cell Conviction DLC since you can easily pick it up with Uplay achievement points.

#42 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:54 PM

Anyone know if the new UPlay 2.0 allows unlimited downloads like STEAM? [I've heard prior to this, they only allowed 3-6 month downloads of games].

I tried googling, but I keep getting "UPLay Security etc..." articles. Just thought someone might know off the top of their head.

Thanks!

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

#43 Needles-Kane

Needles-Kane

White hot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:58 PM

Awesome thanks! Got HAWX 2 and will be gettin Dust and Driver- glad I didn't get Driver at the BB sale.

#44 motoki

motoki

Goofy Genie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:01 PM

Yup. All "newer" Ubisoft games [past couple years] require UPlay regardless of where you bought it [STEAM version requires UPlay]

There's a couple of retro/indie games they publish like Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes and Shoot Many Robots that don't but pretty much any of their recent big main titles will require UPlay for sure.

steam_sig.png

#45 Outinthedark

Outinthedark

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:26 PM

Can these be gifted?

76561198014930049.png

#46 TctclMvPhase

TctclMvPhase

Dismal Scientist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:30 PM

Don't let installing Uplay stop you from these deals. You'll have to install it when you play AC:B anyway.

OK, cool. Thats why I was asking. I passed on HAWX 2 and Driver:SF on Steam and other services because of the DRM warnings, but because I will definitely play AC:B, I might as well pick these up.

I bought HAWX, but good gosh was navigating that website painful. Any chance I can redeem this on Steam?

Edited by TctclMvPhase, 16 August 2012 - 07:56 PM.

"I was perfect....

#47 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:35 PM

I bought HAWX, but good gosh was navigating that website painful. Any chance I can redeem this on Steam?

Nope.

I also have a question: Does the UPlayStore, store you credit card information on your account? or does it allow you t have the option to manually input your cc info on every purchase [like STEAM and Amazon]. I really don't want Ubisoft to store my CC details.

I'm guessing a few ppl have already bought the game. Any input is much appreciated! :D

Edited by UW_Shocks, 16 August 2012 - 08:48 PM.

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

#48 alkaliv2

alkaliv2

Wanted to be V1

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:40 PM

Does anyone else seem to not be getting the $1 driver anymore? It keeps showing 22.74 for me.

AlkaliV2.png

#49 pantsattack

pantsattack

Grant Thrift Auto

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:45 PM

Does anyone else seem to not be getting the $1 driver anymore? It keeps showing 22.74 for me.

Hawx 2 is the only dollar game today. Check OP.

#50 alkaliv2

alkaliv2

Wanted to be V1

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:59 PM

Hawx 2 is the only dollar game today. Check OP.

Got it, missed the bold letters when I looked at the deal and the ad on the site showed them all. Sorry, I do try to keep stupid questions to a minimum on here :D

AlkaliV2.png

#51 motoki

motoki

Goofy Genie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 09:08 PM

I also have a question: Does the UPlayStore, store you credit card information on your account? or does it allow you t have the option to manually input your cc info on every purchase [like STEAM and Amazon]. I really don't want Ubisoft to store my CC details.

I'm guessing a few ppl have already bought the game. Any input is much appreciated! :D

I specifically used Paypal because I don't want them having my credit card info. It still made me input my address and phone # though.

steam_sig.png

#52 jatan11t

jatan11t

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 09:09 PM

Quick warning from multiple other sites. I can't seem to find this on the uPlay website, but take from it what you will.

Q: I need to re-install software I purchased as a download.
A: All download products purchased through the Ubisoft Online Store can be downloaded or re-downloaded for a period of 30 days from the date of purchase. We recommend creating a backup of your download after purchase should you ever need to re-download or re-install.

Edit:
Found a paragraph about EDS in the updated uPlay client, so the 30 day thing is probably true.

What is the Extended Download Service (EDS)?
EDS essentially allows you to download your purchase again for up to two (2) years, in the event your computer crashes or the downloaded file becomes damaged or corrupt. It can be thought of as an insurance policy in case anything goes wrong with your computer or the downloaded product. When you have downloadable items in your order, you will see a link to add EDS to your order on the shopping cart page or the checkout page. Upon payment of the specified fee, Digital River, Inc. ("DR") agrees to provide you (the "End User") a service that enables the End User to make multiple downloads of digital computer software products (a "Product" or "Products") purchased in a single order (an "Order") and downloaded from this Web site (the "Site") for a period of two (2) years after the date the End User purchases the Product (the "Service"). Click here for full details about EDS.
To purchase EDS for download products in a completed order, you must look up your order and complete an additional purchase.

Edited by jatan11t, 16 August 2012 - 09:24 PM.

#53 motoki

motoki

Goofy Genie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 09:13 PM

Quick warning from multiple other sites. I can't seem to find this on the uPlay website, but take from it what you will.

Q: I need to re-install software I purchased as a download.
A: All download products purchased through the Ubisoft Online Store can be downloaded or re-downloaded for a period of 30 days from the date of purchase. We recommend creating a backup of your download after purchase should you ever need to re-download or re-install.

Really? Who does this anymore? I wonder if they really will hold to that if it's just some old info. I don't see how they realistically can expect to compete with Steam or even Origin if they are doing 30 day only downloads.

I mean for a dollar, eh, I'll live. But if I spent $60 on something that I couldn't download a month later heads would be rolling.

steam_sig.png

#54 TctclMvPhase

TctclMvPhase

Dismal Scientist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 09:16 PM

I specifically used Paypal because I don't want them having my credit card info. It still made me input my address and phone # though.

+1 It adds a few extra steps to the process, but for places where I won't be purchasing that much I definitely prefer it.

"I was perfect....

#55 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 09:27 PM

Thanks for the input.

I also just heard back from UbiStore Support, they said the CC info is stored with the account. However, I was told you can manually go into your account after the purchase and blank it out [similar to the way Amazon works].

Also, as stated above, I was told there's a 30 day download period, but it can be marginally extended for free by request. Which is great for me because I have a bandwidth cap.

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

#56 Jon7

Jon7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 09:28 PM

Really? Who does this anymore? I wonder if they really will hold to that if it's just some old info. I don't see how they realistically can expect to compete with Steam or even Origin if they are doing 30 day only downloads.

That's downloading directly from the website, and a relic from when that was the only choice. The client download works just like steam and origin now where it's permanently tied to your account.

#57 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 09:29 PM

That's downloading directly from the website, and a relic from when that was the only choice. The client download works just like steam and origin now where it's permanently tied to your account.

Is there any source on this? I was just told by UbiStore that I had 30 days to download.

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

#58 jatan11t

jatan11t

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 09:33 PM

The FAQ accessed from inside the uPlay client lists a separate purchasable EDS that extends the download period to 2 years. I'm inclined to believe that the 30 day limit does exist.

#59 pantsattack

pantsattack

Grant Thrift Auto

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 09:38 PM

The FAQ accessed from inside the uPlay client lists a separate purchasable EDS that extends the download period to 2 years. I'm inclined to believe that the 30 day limit does exist.

What's EDS, and you must purchase it?

#60 alkaliv2

alkaliv2

Wanted to be V1

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 09:39 PM

Users found a security hole in Ubisoft's browser plugin that installs silently during a uplay install. This article below will fill you in on how to disable the add-on in the browser and protect yourself. Protect yourself and disable this addon. Also, definitely consider offline mode like Motoki suggests.

http://www.rockpaper...isoft-pc-games/

AlkaliV2.png