*DEAD* RedBox 4 or 10 one night DVD rentals for $2/$4 (Groupon)

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
http://www.groupon.com/occasions
Credit: AndreM from SD

4 one night rentals for $2
or
10 one night rentals for $4

Groupon users will be required to swipe their payment card during each Redbox rental, but they will only be charged if rentals are not returned by 9 p.m. on the next day, or for any excess rental fees for Blu-ray disc and video game rentals.
These codes are meant for DVDs only but I think they should work as $1.20 discount codes on Blu-Rays or Video Games based on the terms and conditions.

Last edited by a moderator:
So it would mean $1.20 a night/rental for a game after cost of Groupon and difference in price. Might be worth it for all the new releases coming. Thanks.

[quote name='htz']http://www.groupon.com/occasions
Credit: AndreM from SD

4 one night rentals for $2
or
10 one night rentals for $4

These codes are meant for DVDs only but I think they should work as $1.20 discount codes on Blu-Rays or Video Games based on the terms and conditions.[/QUOTE]

When I click on the link, I'm not seeing the deal for Redbox anywhere. I searched around the website too. Is this restricted by region?

[quote name='Bosamba']When I click on the link, I'm not seeing the deal for Redbox anywhere. I searched around the website too. Is this restricted by region?[/QUOTE]

I switched it to Seattle and it popped up for me.

"Awarded in the form of 4 or 10 Redbox promo codes. Limit 1 code per transaction. Good at kiosk only for 1-day DVD rental or a discount worth the same off a 1-day Blu-ray Disc or video game rental. 1 time use of each code only."

it's been up for 3+ hours at slickdeals. i just wasn't rushing to get one. the moment i clicked it, it sold out, haha. hesitation is the enemy. i was just thinking how many free rental codes they text me i don't use, but those are all 24hour limited. These are actually alot better. oh wellz.

grabbed two of the 4 for $2 codes. Missed the 10 for $4, but not bad at all. Didn't seem to be that many available. On SD the post says DVD only, but someone posted here saying its for anything.

Every code I've ever used worked on games as well, just took $1+ off, then had to pay rest.

[quote name='Velo214']it's been up for 3+ hours at slickdeals. i just wasn't rushing to get one. the moment i clicked it, it sold out, haha. hesitation is the enemy. i was just thinking how many free rental codes they text me i don't use, but those are all 24hour limited. These are actually alot better. oh wellz.[/QUOTE]

The Groupon site is glitchy. It doesn't show its sold out until you click it. So it probably wasn't right as you clicked it.

Those free rental texts are usually once a month. The ones they send to you. Sometimes you can text them for free rental codes or discount codes.

Usually about every other weekend they seem to email out a code for 50 cents off one rental or 50 cents off two rentals, the former of which is what this $2 Groupon amounts to.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kodave']The Groupon site is glitchy. It doesn't show its sold out until you click it. So it probably wasn't right as you clicked it.

Those free rental texts are usually once a month. The ones they send to you. Sometimes you can text them for free rental codes or discount codes.

Usually about every other weekend they seem to email out a code for 50 cents off one rental or 50 cents off two rentals, the former of which is what this $2 Groupon amounts to.[/QUOTE]

wont be a coupon coming out this weekend cause hunger games hits and they know they will make the cash off that

Maybe I have too many cards, but between my wife and I each having a debit card and 2 credit cards a piece. I have used the yearly codes over and over again, along with the monthly texts so I never seem to ever pay for rentals.

DVDONME

BREAKROOM

These two codes got me through the summer.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Still have not gotten the Groupon yet. Anyone get theirs?[/QUOTE]

Not yet. Like slidecage mentioned a few posts back, I'm guessing they'll wait to email the codes out until after this weekend since Hunger Games comes out at midnight tonight.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Still have not gotten the Groupon yet. Anyone get theirs?[/QUOTE]
Just got my codes in an email 15 minutes ago.

[quote name='bilbobagins3']Maybe I have too many cards, but between my wife and I each having a debit card and 2 credit cards a piece. I have used the yearly codes over and over again, along with the monthly texts so I never seem to ever pay for rentals.

DVDONME

BREAKROOM

These two codes got me through the summer.[/QUOTE]

you only rented 6 movies all summer

bread's done
Back