Photo
- - - - -

[NOT DEAD] Hyrule Historia [Art Book] - $19.24/CE (Limited to 4,000) (Jan 2013)

• Please log in to reply
2575 replies to this topic

#811 Tophat666

Tophat666

Big Bear with Top Hat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:43 PM

I purchased my Limited CE for 68 bucks at the Nintendo Store via preorder. I'm going to go preorder a couple more over the weekend. The only reason I'm able to get a discount at the Nintendo Store is because I work at NBC. NBC Employees get a discount at the Nintendo World Store.

Wow, good timing, I just got the last Limited Edition pre-order from Nintendo World just over an hour ago.
I was gonna get the standard one off of amazon, but then I heard of the event that's happening on Friday(25th) & I can pick it up early & have a shot of getting the limited edition. So I checked NW after work & they said this I got the last one.
It's a hefty price for a book, but I think I can live with it.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#812 sureok

sureok

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:05 PM

Had to order from the EU Amazon. They handle the conversion if you have a NA Amazon account, just don't expect prime to work. :P

Total came out to £45.93 or $72.86 after googling the conversion. Gets shipped from EU on the 19th and arrives on the 26th, it says.

#813 Raven6009

Raven6009

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:17 PM

Had to order from the EU Amazon. They handle the conversion if you have a NA Amazon account, just don't expect prime to work. :P

Total came out to £45.93 or $72.86 after googling the conversion. Gets shipped from EU on the 19th and arrives on the 26th, it says.

Says it's in English. Is this the same as the U.S. version?
Posted Image

#814 Jaysonguy

Jaysonguy

Mr. Wonderful

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:18 PM

Here's the thing

Once the newest Zelda game is released this is worthless, not only because it doesn't cover the entire series but, because as Nintendo always does, the story of the other Zelda games will change.

I'm still on the fence for the regular version but because it's a fun read as the series stands now, in the future it's just going to be obsolete.

Editor in chief at PanicGamer.com
Steam ID: TheRealJaysonguy
We're looking for people who want to review games, interested? Email: jobs@panicgamer.com

#815 TheOpusFuller

TheOpusFuller

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:21 PM

Wow, good timing, I just got the last Limited Edition pre-order from Nintendo World just over an hour ago.
I was gonna get the standard one off of amazon, but then I heard of the event that's happening on Friday(25th) & I can pick it up early & have a shot of getting the limited edition. So I checked NW after work & they said this I got the last one.

That's awesome you got one. I think I'm going to stay for the event just for the fact that i work a block away and I'm sure it has to be somewhat of a spectacle.

#816 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:35 PM

Says it's in English. Is this the same as the U.S. version?

As noted on prior page, it's unlikely that Amazon UK will not be able to fulfill their pre-orders. They've had this up for months now, while other retailers sold out within days (B&N lasted for 2 days before they canceled all pre-orders, Amazon US lasted a few hours before selling out).

Here's the thing

Once the newest Zelda game is released this is worthless, not only because it doesn't cover the entire series but, because as Nintendo always does, the story of the other Zelda games will change.

I'm still on the fence for the regular version but because it's a fun read as the series stands now, in the future it's just going to be obsolete.

Why would this be worthless once a new game comes out? This book is about the series as established so far... a new game in the series isn't going to change what's already happened. A new game isn't going to make 25 years of Zelda irrelevant, it's just going to be another chapter... for which Dark Horse might release another artbook. Even as Zelda exists now, there isn't a perfectly coherent timeline.

Currently playing:
:ps3: God of War: Ascension - :)

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#817 The Holy Pretzle

The Holy Pretzle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:37 PM

Here's the thing

I don't think that's how that works :lol:

#818 boraaa

boraaa

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:38 PM

I don't think that's how that works :lol:

agreed ;)

#819 riotheart

riotheart

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:54 PM

Lets remove history from school since tomorrow is going to happen and it will make the books obsolete.

#820 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:59 PM

Why would this be worthless once a new game comes out? This book is about the series as established so far... a new game in the series isn't going to change what's already happened. A new game isn't going to make 25 years of Zelda irrelevant, it's just going to be another chapter... for which Dark Horse might release another artbook. Even as Zelda exists now, there isn't a perfectly coherent timeline.

Nintendo hasn't officially put out a timeline right, it's all been purely speculation right?

#821 cjenvy

cjenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:00 PM

Lets remove history from school since tomorrow is going to happen and it will make the books obsolete.

winner right there

#822 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:01 PM

Nintendo hasn't officially put out a timeline right, it's all been purely speculation right?

They have. You can find it in... Hyrule Historia.;)

Currently playing:

fyreboltx.png

#823 Jaysonguy

Jaysonguy

Mr. Wonderful

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:05 PM

The whole next chapter thing would be fine, I could deal with that.

The thing that's holding me back is that it's never just a new chapter, there's always alterations to the earlier games as well. What happened in them, what caused them, how they continued after the events.

We're looking for people who want to review games, interested? Email: jobs@panicgamer.com

#824 KingofGames

KingofGames

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:51 PM

We are talking about an art book, are we not?

Posted Image

#825 Jaysonguy

Jaysonguy

Mr. Wonderful

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:12 AM

I would think there's going to be explanations about the various scenes like in all the other high end books like this.

#826 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:42 AM

The thing that's holding me back is that it's never just a new chapter, there's always alterations to the earlier games as well. What happened in them, what caused them, how they continued after the events.

I still don't see how that would make this worthless.

For example, if the Wii U Zelda game (henceforth, Zelda U) reveals new information about things that happened during the time of Skyward Sword, then that new information is part of Zelda U and not Skyward Sword. Skyward Sword came and went, and we finished the game knowing everything needed to for that game. The new information in Zelda U about other events (related or not) that transpired during Skyward Sword will no longer matter to, or have any impact on, Skyward Sword.

Additionally, no Zelda game has ever drastically changed or added to a prior Zelda game. They've only hinted at the connected history.

The only thing that will make this worthless is if Dark Horse pulled a dick move and released and updated edition, which contains everything int he first book plus more (making the first book irrelevant). I'm guessing due to the demand, they'll probably do that.

I had the import, and it had a lot of text in it about character backgrounds, history, etc. Not all artbooks are just art... I actually love these types of artbooks that delve deeper into the game/series.

Currently playing:

fyreboltx.png

#827 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:37 AM

This book, and books like this one, are more Archives than art books. Case in point Resident Evil Archives Vol 1 and 2, Valkyria Chronicles Design Archives 1/2/3...etc etc

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#828 sureok

sureok

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:39 AM

As noted on prior page, it's unlikely that Amazon UK will not be able to fulfill their pre-orders. They've had this up for months now, while other retailers sold out within days (B&N lasted for 2 days before they canceled all pre-orders, Amazon US lasted a few hours before selling out).

Ugg... Well here's hoping at least. If not, I'll be happy with just the regular ed. The collector side of me will weep, but this will have to do.

#829 SteveGo

SteveGo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:31 AM

Here's the thing

You heard the man. Quick, everyone cancel their pre-orders, because by the time we actually get these books they will be outdated and obsolete! Thank you kind sir for pointing out the error of our ways. It's a good thing you were here to set us all straight.

Now, if you all will excuse me, I'm off to take my money saved to go buy some magic beans.

#830 SKEETER

SKEETER

YOU GOTTA DEAL WITH IT!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:00 AM

Thank you! :applause:

Wii U ID: SKEETER
3DS Friend Code: 2707-1609-8783 (don't forget to PM me to add you too!)

laytonobj50%

#831 SKEETER

SKEETER

YOU GOTTA DEAL WITH IT!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:17 AM

Whew! So glad I pre-ordered mine from Nintendo World Store last night then! I was going to pass since I already had 2 pre-ordered at Amazon for half the price. However, I made a deposit after considering that Amazon may not come through and after some urging from store associate who said pre-orders were almost sold-out (guess he was right). So I'm guaranteed at least one copy and will have it before it releases everywhere else :D

Wii U ID: SKEETER
3DS Friend Code: 2707-1609-8783 (don't forget to PM me to add you too!)

laytonobj50%

#832 Arakias

Arakias

Inferior Potassium

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:27 AM

I wonder how many are distributed to the US through Nintendo World?

#833 themidnighter23

themidnighter23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:43 AM

can I go to Nintendo World without a pre-order and get the limited version?
where's my whiskey, Im bout to get tore up

#834 Josef

Josef

Touched the dead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:53 PM

can I go to Nintendo World without a pre-order and get the limited version?

Probably depends on how many people preorder there. I'm guessing if they don't get enough preorders they will put the rest of the remaining stock on the shelves for purchase.

#835 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:39 PM

Probably depends on how many people preorder there. I'm guessing if they don't get enough preorders they will put the rest of the remaining stock on the shelves for purchase.

Given that someone said they got the last pre-order there, I think they were probably treated like a comic book store. So there might not be any on shelves.

Currently playing:

fyreboltx.png

#836 NiiNJA

NiiNJA

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:31 PM

damn. just got a cancellation notice from the book depository ):

#837 Kolma

Kolma

I like french toast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:59 PM

A friend of mine said that there are no Preorders for the LE. it's first come first serve for those at Nintendo World.

560501.png

xivpads.png

retrosig.png?a_gc=255%2C110%2C13&a_mc=25

#838 bloodling

bloodling

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:22 PM

If they do make alterations to their earlier games (even though I have no clue what you're talking about and how those alterations could possibly have a significant effect on an artbook), then you would be able to compare before and after. If you're that big of a Zelda fan and you always want to keep up to date, then I would think that you'd want to get all different editions rather than none.

#839 Jaysonguy

Jaysonguy

Mr. Wonderful

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:48 PM

No dumbass, that's not it at all.

Every game in the Zelda timeline changes what happened in the games beforehand. This book isn't just pictures it's also explanations and history of all the games. Every single Zelda game from the SNES forward has changed what happened in previous games which means once the newest Zelda game is released at least one of these entries will be incomplete at the very best, wrong at the very worst.

#840 Jaysonguy

Jaysonguy

Mr. Wonderful

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:49 PM

If they do make alterations to their earlier games (even though I have no clue what you're talking about and how those alterations could possibly have a significant effect on an artbook), then you would be able to compare before and after. If you're that big of a Zelda fan and you always want to keep up to date, then I would think that you'd want to get all different editions rather than none.

Ehhh but then you're on the hook for every revision of the book.

Still on the fence.