Photo
- - - - -

[NOT DEAD] Hyrule Historia [Art Book] - $19.24/CE (Limited to 4,000) (Jan 2013)

• Please log in to reply
2575 replies to this topic

#841 bloodling

bloodling

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:59 PM

Ehhh but then you're on the hook for every revision of the book.

Still on the fence.

You can still get the book for what it is and enjoy its content. At the very least, I would get the first edition and skip the revisions until there's been a significant amount of revisions. I would think that the main focus of this book is art, and original art will always be unique. Just out of curiosity, could you give me a few examples of what has been revised in previous Zelda games?

#842 TheOpusFuller

TheOpusFuller

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:12 PM

A friend of mine said that there are no Preorders for the LE. it's first come first serve for those at Nintendo World.

Incorrect, there are definitely preorders for the LE. At this point in time, there may not be any left but there were definitely preorders for the LE. I have a receipt in my wallet for my preorders that I purchased.

#843 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:19 PM

You can still get the book for what it is and enjoy its content. At the very least, I would get the first edition and skip the revisions until there's been a significant amount of revisions. I would think that the main focus of this book is art, and original art will always be unique. Just out of curiosity, could you give me a few examples of what has been revised in previous Zelda games?

No kidding, the book is $20. Even if it's only accurate for a few months or until the next Zelda game comes out, who cares? Just enjoy it for what it is.

#844 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:56 PM

It will become outdated, sure, but it's not like they release that many Zelda games anyway. The next one is supposed to be some giant Wii U game that will take years to make and be huge. This book should be complete for the next couple of years at least. Even then, it will only be missing one game for another long while--BFD.

Check out my youtube channel! I do video game collection updates, unboxings, final impressions, and intelligent game industry commentary.  Expect lots of collector's editions, as well as steelbooks from all over the world! :D

http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0

#845 riotheart

riotheart

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:24 PM

Some guy is butthurt they couldn't get one and started raging on here making excuses to make themselves feel better about missing it.

Pretty obvious.

Edited by riotheart, 22 January 2013 - 11:32 PM.

#846 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:12 PM

Some guy is butthurt they couldn't get one and starting raging on here making excuses to make themselves feel better about missing it.

Pretty obvious.

What are you talking about? The book is still available for preorder. I doubt anyone is that upset about gold paint and a leatherette cover at 2 times or more the price.

#847 riotheart

riotheart

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:34 PM

What are you talking about? The book is still available for preorder. I doubt anyone is that upset about gold paint and a leatherette cover at 2 times or more the price.

Which is why FF7 black label says for how much because of the color of its label when it is a couple bucks digital. Same with anything collectable. If no one wanted them, they would all be worthless or the same price as reprints, opened, standard or original items.

Not one single person is pissed off at missing The Sky: The Art of Final Fantasy Boxed Set when the reprint is being made, right?

#848 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:39 PM

Which is why FF7 black label says for how much because of the color of its label when it is a couple bucks digital. Same with anything collectable. If no one wanted them, they would all be worthless or the same price as reprints, opened, standard or original items.

I'm not following your argument. The guy is making a claim (ridiculous IMHO) that the fact that the mythology of Zelda keeps getting updated is preventing him from jumping on what he feels is an incomplete or sure to be altered book in future pressings. The collector's edition and the regular edition are internally identical. While there are some people that may care about and are willing to spend more for the CE, that has nothing to do with his argument as the collector's edition would have the same flaw. I can only speak for myself, but for $20 I'm perfectly happy with something I am only going to flip through a few times anyway. I'm not a reseller and not an artbook collector, so even at the Amazon discounted price the CE isn't something I really want or need.

#849 Hielostar

Hielostar

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:45 AM

Just pre-ordered a RE copy from Amazon - glad I had some Discover Cashback credit lying around.

#850 Youngnoble

Youngnoble

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:39 AM

Amazon.uk finally pulled the pre-order button. How long before the cancellation's get sent out?

#851 Jaysonguy

Jaysonguy

Mr. Wonderful

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:56 AM

Some guy is butthurt they couldn't get one and started raging on here making excuses to make themselves feel better about missing it.

Pretty obvious.

It's not sold out...............

Editor in chief at PanicGamer.com
Steam ID: TheRealJaysonguy
We're looking for people who want to review games, interested? Email: jobs@panicgamer.com

#852 sirgalahad

sirgalahad

Bastard son of Lancelot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:30 AM

amazon.fr still has the preorder up

#853 whotheheck

whotheheck

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:55 AM

Just got my cancellation email from amazon

#854 Youngnoble

Youngnoble

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:32 AM

Just got my cancellation email from amazon

Amazon.uk or amazon.com?

#855 Downhome

Downhome

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:46 PM

Amazon.uk finally pulled the pre-order button. How long before the cancellation's get sent out?

I just got mine, and everyone should have one soon...

Hello,

We regret to inform you that we have been unable to source the following item:

Shigeru Miyamoto, et al "The Legend of Zelda: Hyrule Historia Limited Collector's Edition"
http://www.amazon.co...duct/1616551615

Our supplier has informed us that this item is no longer available. This item has now been cancelled from your order #204-4466877-8961139 and we can confirm that you have not been charged for it.

We apologise for the length of time it has taken us to reach this conclusion. Until recently, we had still hoped to obtain this item for you.

You still have some options available to purchase the item(s), or similar item(s):

- You can visit the product detail page(s) above to see if these item(s) are available from other sellers.

- You can purchase a different version of the original item:

"The Legend of Zelda: Hyrule Historia" [Hardcover]
http://www.amazon.co...ef=fxm_em_sub_o

Differences between your original item and our recommendations are typically minor but some things, such as the item's cost, may be different.

To view the current status and the costs associated with your order, please visit Your Account (http://www.amazon.co.uk/your-account).

Warmest regards,

Customer Service Department
Amazon.co.uk
http://www.amazon.co.uk

#856 Boss

Boss

Bowser the Great

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:28 PM

As expected.

bossslyfm2.jpg

GameTZ -- TGN -- Ebay

#857 jam8611

jam8611

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:11 PM

Both my pre-orders of LE from Book Depository was canceled they offered me refund or the difference if I want to switch to regular.

#858 scottman

scottman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:55 PM

Also got the uk cancellation. 1 down, 3 more to wait for.

#859 sirgalahad

sirgalahad

Bastard son of Lancelot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:55 PM

oh man! amazon uk sent me their obligatory F.U. notice today \\:D/

#860 The Holy Pretzle

The Holy Pretzle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:21 PM

No dumbass, that's not it at all.

Every game in the Zelda timeline changes what happened in the games beforehand. This book isn't just pictures it's also explanations and history of all the games. Every single Zelda game from the SNES forward has changed what happened in previous games which means once the newest Zelda game is released at least one of these entries will be incomplete at the very best, wrong at the very worst.

Woah calm down with the name calling, we get it, you're butthurt about not getting it, just chill out.

#861 nightmarishhero

nightmarishhero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:43 PM

and then there were two, Forbidden Planet and The Right Stuff...

:oldman:

i'm not getting this book am I?

#862 CGlade

CGlade

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:14 PM

and then there were two, Forbidden Planet and The Right Stuff...

:oldman:

i'm not getting this book am I?

Nope.

#863 KingofGames

KingofGames

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:16 PM

C'moooon TFAW, don't let me down!

Posted Image

#864 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:22 PM

Besides, from what I've seen of the translated Japanese release, they all fit together anyway. Sure, there are 3 alternate timelines, but new games don't change those, they add to it. Your perception of how the pieces all fit together may have to change for a new game, but now that there is an established timeline, any new game will simply be placed somewhere in it. It's really not that hard to understand and 'lol' at the person shitting their pants over it.

Check out my youtube channel! I do video game collection updates, unboxings, final impressions, and intelligent game industry commentary.  Expect lots of collector's editions, as well as steelbooks from all over the world! :D

http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0

#865 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:52 AM

C'moooon TFAW, don't let me down!

I'm in the same boat... I placed my order real late though so I'm not keeping high hopes.

Currently playing:
:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :)

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related Goodies║Wantlist║

#866 Youngnoble

Youngnoble

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:20 AM

I'm in the same boat... I placed my order real late though so I'm not keeping high hopes.

I think we're safe with TFAW. We knew amazon.uk wasn't going to get any. Forbidding Planet is on the blog post so their most likely good. The only retailer left from the blog post that hasn't listed it yet is Think Geek. I have a feeling B&N will have some as well.

#867 whotheheck

whotheheck

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:08 AM

Amazon.uk or amazon.com?

Uk

#868 cjenvy

cjenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:44 AM

so so so sooooooooooooooo close to shipping for the regular edition anyone else excited to start their week off w this coming

#869 TheOpusFuller

TheOpusFuller

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:40 PM

I'm getting my copy this Friday because I will be going to the huge event at the Nintendo World Store in NYC. The employee told me there will be people dressing up, games, etc. Wondering if I should take some pictures of the event, costumes and any other goodies they have there and post them in this thread. It might give you Zelda fans a little something to tide you over until the official release date next week?

Do you think mods will delete pictures pertaining to this book and the launch event if I post them in this thread or should I start a new thread in the Nintendo forum thread? Do you guys even want pictures?

Let me know.

#870 Youngnoble

Youngnoble

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:54 PM

I'm getting my copy this Friday because I will be going to the huge event at the Nintendo World Store in NYC. The employee told me there will be people dressing up, games, etc. Wondering if I should take some pictures of the event, costumes and any other goodies they have there and post them in this thread. It might give you Zelda fans a little something to tide you over until the official release date next week?

Do you think mods will delete pictures pertaining to this book and the launch event if I post them in this thread or should I start a new thread in the Nintendo forum thread? Do you guys even want pictures?

Let me know.

Yes, I definitely want to see what the book looks like. It's quality. You shouldn't have any problems showing some pics of the event.