Photo
- - - - -

[NOT DEAD] Hyrule Historia [Art Book] - $19.24/CE (Limited to 4,000) (Jan 2013)

• Please log in to reply
2575 replies to this topic

#931 Kay_Faraday

Kay_Faraday

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:52 AM

Ha, Well thanks for that advice... truthfully I've never pre-ordered/used amazon before and this is my first purchase off of there, and i didn't know what to expect from a cancellation of a pre-order, and on top of that i wasn't too sure what i wanted to order then or even now as a filler item- though i see your logic in might as well get something for the same cost than nothing.....

get some scotch tape :D

#932 SKEETER

SKEETER

YOU GOTTA DEAL WITH IT!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:57 AM

How many do you think they sold? 500 Maybe that's where B&N's stock went.

I don't know because boxes of them were being brought from the stockroom as needed. They still had quite a few when I left at close to 9PM and they were limiting purchases to one copy of each edition per customer. A lot of people on the line did not even know about the LE, much less wanted to pay double ($70) for it! However, many people did buy it once they saw it.

I heard that this advance sale was only tonight and NWS will not be able to sell the rest of their stock until the official release date. Perhaps you can call the store to verify?

Edited by SKEETER, 26 January 2013 - 07:10 AM.

Wii U ID: SKEETER
3DS Friend Code: 2707-1609-8783 (don't forget to PM me to add you too!)

laytonobj50%

#933 Zombiekillz9

Zombiekillz9

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:36 AM

get some scotch tape :D

Might as well haha

here :roll:

http://filleritem.com/

http://slickdeals.net/slickfillers/

Thank you, greatly appreciated :D

#934 TopsideKracker

TopsideKracker

...doomy doomy doomy...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:06 AM

ugh... I really hate reading this thread. I saw the limited edition up for preorder on Amazon and thought "huh, that looks pretty cool. I need to preorder that." Then later that day I find out they're limited to 4,000. Pounded on the keys to pull the site back up only to find out they were gone... like dust in the wind.

Moral of the story... always, ALWAYS preorder asap... you can always cancel.

#935 riotheart

riotheart

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:26 AM

If I were going to resell I'd wait until the bulk of resellers sold them and then the market thinned. Even as much as it's selling for I couldn't see myself letting go of it.

#936 UncleBob

UncleBob

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:35 PM

Whoo! My FLGS has confirmed that my copy of the limited edition is on the invoice for this week. While I'm not getting it at the sweet discount that it was up on Amazon for, I am getting it.
"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy, instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it."

#937 Youngnoble

Youngnoble

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:25 PM

Whoo! My FLGS has confirmed that my copy of the limited edition is on the invoice for this week. While I'm not getting it at the sweet discount that it was up on Amazon for, I am getting it.

I'm stopping buy my local store as well today to see what's up. I'm starting to get excited.... can't wait to get this thing.

#938 Jackovasaurus

Jackovasaurus

And ya say Chi-City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:28 PM

ugh... I really hate reading this thread. I saw the limited edition up for preorder on Amazon and thought "huh, that looks pretty cool. I need to preorder that." Then later that day I find out they're limited to 4,000. Pounded on the keys to pull the site back up only to find out they were gone... like dust in the wind.

Moral of the story... always, ALWAYS preorder asap... you can always cancel.

I learned that lesson with the CE for Diablo 3.

#939 Danger Moose

Danger Moose

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:50 PM

I logged into my TFAW account and saw a message saying they changed the limit to 1 per customer (from the original 2). My order still looks right but we'll see if anything changes in the next week.

#940 Boss

Boss

Bowser the Great

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:30 PM

Soo.. does Nintendo World still have the LE in stock? I didnt want to go out in the snow on a long line for it especially after a long day at work.

bossslyfm2.jpg

GameTZ -- TGN -- Ebay

#941 Arakias

Arakias

Inferior Potassium

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:38 PM

Soo.. does Nintendo World still have the LE in stock? I didnt want to go out in the snow on a long line for it especially after a long day at work.

The release date is the 29th, don't go today but you can call them.

#942 Kyanos

Kyanos

Big Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:14 PM

My regular version is now "Shipping Soon" on Amazon, no change on the LE yet.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#943 Captain Urahara

Captain Urahara

Praise The Sun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:25 PM

My regular version is now "Shipping Soon" on Amazon, no change on the LE yet.

Both my regular and LE are still listed as "Not Yet Shipped". I expect that since the LE release is still like a month away. I have regular shipping for the regular one so that is probably why it isn't shipped/shipping soon. Still waiting for the Ni No Kuni guide I ordered to be shipped off as well.

#944 Kyanos

Kyanos

Big Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:34 PM

Both my regular and LE are still listed as "Not Yet Shipped". I expect that since the LE release is still like a month away. I have regular shipping for the regular one so that is probably why it isn't shipped/shipping soon. Still waiting for the Ni No Kuni guide I ordered to be shipped off as well.

Just hoping the LE will come early, so I can stop worrying about it. :-P

And my NNK guide also changed to ship soon. Both are 2 day.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#945 josiahb

josiahb

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:52 PM

Amazon has the LE listed as releasing Feb. 12th. So a little over half a month.

Slightly related, but TFAW used to have the LE listed as releasing on Feb 12th, but has at some point changed it to the same release date as the regular edition (Jan. 29th).

#946 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:06 PM

It has begun...

http://www.ebay.com/...e-/111005341600

The extra goodies don't appear to be anything special...

I'd love that sword bookmark, in all honesty.

I hope I get this. I've become very paranoid about getting screwed with limited items ever since getting screwed out of The Sky (the real one)... which is now selling for $600. And I already had by B&N pre-order cancelled (and my Amazon UK order cancelled, though that was expected).

EDIT* There's quite a few copies on eBay already, and they're of people who already have it on hand. How did people already get this?

Currently playing:
:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :)

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related Goodies║Wantlist║

#947 Youngnoble

Youngnoble

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:15 PM

I'd love that sword bookmark, in all honesty.

I hope I get this. I've become very paranoid about getting screwed with limited items ever since getting screwed out of The Sky (the real one)... which is now selling for $600. And I already had by B&N pre-order cancelled (and my Amazon UK order cancelled, though that was expected).

EDIT* There's quite a few copies on eBay already, and they're of people who already have it on hand. How did people already get this?

Nintendo world store had a event on friday and sold some early. Notice some of those listings are from comic dealers, there supposed to sell the book for retail.

#948 Yamato

Yamato

not motivated

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:19 PM

Notice some of those listings are from comic dealers, there supposed to sell the book for retail.

Sickening.

#949 riotheart

riotheart

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:30 PM

My standard shipped at 3am :)

#950 shadylane

shadylane

Believe...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:53 PM

Heads up to anyone in the NY area. I just hit up Nintendo World and managed to pick up a copy of the limited edition with all the goodies. Apparently, employees spoke to some Nintendo reps and managed to get the ok to sell early because of demand. As of now I only see 20 copies ( roughly) not sure if they have more in the back.

Shadylane310.png

33836.png

#951 Raven6009

Raven6009

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:53 PM

$200 seems to be the lowest this is selling for on ebay. I'de pay $100 max for one which I don't see them going that low.
Posted Image

#952 samusaran226

samusaran226

Bounty Hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:56 PM

I'm guessing they won't be selling any books today, as the OFFICIAL release is on Tuesday and yesterday was just a special pre-release event. That's what it says on the website, anyway.

Nintendo World Events
The Legend of Zelda: Hyrule Historia Event

Join us in an epic adventure January 25th from 6pm to 8pm as we celebrate the launch of The Legend of Zelda: Hyrule Historia. This amazing hardcover containing an unparalleled collection of historical information on The Legend of Zelda franchise will be available for sale during event hours only. Published in both standard and limited edition formats, Nintendo World is the only location in North America to have the limited edition available for purchase, as part of this special pre-release event. Pre-orders are still available on a first come first serve basis. There will also be a costume contest and other activities for all to enjoy. Join us for this special quest that no Zelda fan can miss! The official launch date for the book is January 29th for those unable to attend the event.

www.nintendoworldstore.com

You could probably call them and ask them if they still have any LE's, 646-459-0800

edit:

Heads up to anyone in the NY area. I just hit up Nintendo World and managed to pick up a copy of the limited edition with all the goodies. Apparently, employees spoke to some Nintendo reps and managed to get the ok to sell early because of demand. As of now I only see 20 copies ( roughly) not sure if they have more in the back.

Well, never mind my reasoning. I guess they're selling them early.

#953 shadylane

shadylane

Believe...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:57 PM

Nintendo World is selling them. I just bought one. Still at the store actually.

I'm guessing they won't be selling any books today, as the OFFICIAL release is on Tuesday and yesterday was just a special pre-release event. That's what it says on the website, anyway.

www.nintendoworldstore.com

You could probably call them and ask them if they still have any LE's, 646-459-0800

Shadylane310.png

33836.png

#954 spicoli420

spicoli420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:00 PM

Nintendo World is selling them. I just bought one. Still at the store actually.

will you buy one for me? :)

#955 shadylane

shadylane

Believe...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:04 PM

Haha. Wish I could. Limit is still 1 person. I bought one for collecting. I won't be reselling my co....wtf? 400 on eBay? Is this for real? Brb

will you buy one for me? :)

Shadylane310.png

33836.png

#956 spicoli420

spicoli420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:06 PM

i know I was just playing:) Congrats on picking one up. Glad to hear you are going to keep it instead of the classic flip.

#957 shadylane

shadylane

Believe...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:09 PM

Haha. Yea. I have a job that pays well (self employed) so I'm not in the business to flip. It just feels wrong. I think that karma has served me well since I've been able to buy other precious collector items (skyward, ni no kuna wizard, Zelda Historia, etc)

i know I was just playing:) Congrats on picking one up. Glad to hear you are going to keep it instead of the classic flip.

Shadylane310.png

33836.png

#958 spicoli420

spicoli420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:15 PM

Haha. Yea. I have a job that pays well (self employed) so I'm not in the business to flip. It just feels wrong. I think that karma has served me well since I've been able to buy other precious collector items (skyward, ni no kuna wizard, Zelda Historia, etc)

thats totally awesome! Respect

#959 psihog

psihog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:21 PM

I hope SE doesn't sell out too. I don't want to end up with nothing if they cancel my LE orders next month.

#960 Yankeessuck193

Yankeessuck193

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:40 PM

Just picked up my limited edition at Nintendo World. They were told to sell it early & there were about 10 left on the back shelf if anyone wants to secure a copy!
The chance of getting a Touchpad at my local BB is the chance of Texas legalizing gay marriage with Rick Perry as the governor. :applause: