Photo
- - - - -

[NOT DEAD] Hyrule Historia [Art Book] - $19.24/CE (Limited to 4,000) (Jan 2013)

• Please log in to reply
2575 replies to this topic

#1081 Kyanos

Kyanos

Big Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:34 PM

What is everyone's CE shipping range from Amazon? Mine says 19-22 of February, I thought I saw someone's earlier around the 12th, anyone confirm?

Release date of 2/12, I have a delivery date of 2/13.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#1082 Trojann

Trojann

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:39 PM

Hey guys just got my regular copy today from amazon, a bit disappointed tho, it had some dents in the corners and at the top. What can I do about this?

#1083 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:50 PM

Hey guys just got my regular copy today from amazon, a bit disappointed tho, it had some dents in the corners and at the top. What can I do about this?

You can request a replacement... but in my experience, replacements are almost always packed the same way and therefore, end up with just as much damage (or worse).

Currently playing:

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :)

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#1084 Potatoeman

Potatoeman

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:54 PM

I think as long as you haven't opened it you may be able to contact CS and ask for a return/exchange if you really want to pursue it. If nothing you may be able to get some credit or something if you complain enough, although I doubt the damage is too severe for that..

https://www.amazon.c...=UTF8&skip=true

#1085 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:04 PM

.com or .co.uk?

I think I "tried" to order 3 or 4 (i know, i know) and this is the e-mail I got yesterday:

Dear GBAstar,

Unfortunately, due to the limited nature of this release, we have been required to limit orders to two books per customer.

Your order has already been adjusted on our system and I can confirm that no payment has been taken at this stage; only two books will be allocated to you.

If you now needed to cancel, please go to Your Account online where you can adjust your order.

If you wished to hold, then you don't have to do anything further at this stage.

Kind Regards,

Mail Order Team

Forbiddenplanet.com

144 Southwark Street

London

SE1 0UP

#1086 Bazz

Bazz

SamuelElbaz.Blogspot.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:06 PM

Got mine today, first impression wow the book in length is bigger then I though it would be. Amazon standard edition F.Y.I

I need 1 more sign up if anyone could help please. http://www.yourfree360games.com/index.php?ref=244985
SamuelElbaz.Blogspot.com-Do me a favor and check it out. Would love to hear your feedback;)

#1087 controlcommerce

controlcommerce

My Sega CD broke

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:11 PM

Got my standard edition in today as well. This thing is massive. Great quality, I've very surprised this book is only $20.

Posted Image

#1088 scottman

scottman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:14 PM

FSSS just means that they load up the truck up with all the "priority" stuff and if there's room it gets placed in. You make it sound like they delay your order for shits and grins. That's why they have such a huge delivery window. However, I used to (got prime) get all my FSSS orders within the first few days of that window, some times sooner.

I'm not sure, but sometimes it seems the FSSS items don't even hit the shipping soon stage for a few days. If it was as you said, I would think the shipping status would get updated as soon as it gets boxed and labeled. Unless those times just happened to be very busy and it took that long to box it after finishing higher priority orders.

And I didn't get a forbiddenplanet.com confirm email yet like some of you. Wonder if that means my order was later and might get cancelled after they go through and adjust all the gbastar multiple orders to see how many they can fulfill. :) If they do have to cancel any orders they took in, I would think they should limit it to 1 per customer before cancelling others.

#1089 Minions

Minions

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:15 PM

So they responded to my tweet. The official release date of the LE is 2/12/13.

#1090 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:16 PM

I'm not sure, but sometimes it seems the FSSS items don't even hit the shipping soon stage for a few days. If it was as you said, I would think the shipping status would get updated as soon as it gets boxed and labeled. Unless those times just happened to be very busy and it took that long to box it after finishing higher priority orders.

And I didn't get a forbiddenplanet.com confirm email yet like some of you. Wonder if that means my order was later and might get cancelled after they go through and adjust all the gbastar multiple orders to see how many they can fulfill. :)

hey... i will have to find my original order (I don't even remember placing this one) but no way did I order more then four and to be honest I think I did two sets of two.

#1091 apollosrequiem

apollosrequiem

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:32 PM

My regular edition shipped today and will be here tomorrow from Amazon.

#1092 Raven6009

Raven6009

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:34 PM

Well my estimated delivery date for the regular edition was Wednesday, but I just checked the DC# and it says out for delivery, so I must have received it already in the mail. This was with Amazon Prime.
Posted Image

#1093 Nesboy43

Nesboy43

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:08 AM

Just got mine today from Amazon via Fed Ex Smart Post, haven't opened it yet but this thing is huge. I had no idea how big it was. Loving how nice it looks too (standard edition).

#1094 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:23 AM

So they responded to my tweet. The official release date of the LE is 2/12/13.

Thanks, good to know... even if it weird that it comes out almost 2 weeks after the regular version.

Currently playing:

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :)

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#1095 EdgeCrusher36

EdgeCrusher36

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:27 AM

Sweet my regular edition shipped tonight, should be here tomorrow. Now to see if amazon comes through with the CE version for me.

#1096 texasitalianboy

texasitalianboy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:47 AM

Just got mine today from Amazon via Fed Ex Smart Post, haven't opened it yet but this thing is huge. I had no idea how big it was. Loving how nice it looks too (standard edition).

Yes, this book is larger than I thought it would be too. 12.25 in. tall and nearly 1 in. thick. The regular hardcover edition is beautiful. I can't wait to see my Limited Edition when it comes in. Hopefully next month. I wasn't expecting these today. I bought two as well. One to open and one to keep for a while. The srhink wrap does not look like it was done at the factory. Looks more like an afterthought by Amazon to help protect them. One of mine has a crappy shrink wrap job. Corners on my books are in great shape, but the one has krinkled corners, if not torn open, in the shrink wrap.

Does anyone else think Amazon would take the time to shrink wrap these if they did not come that way from the MFG?

#1097 SKEETER

SKEETER

YOU GOTTA DEAL WITH IT!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:49 AM

Yes, this book is larger than I thought it would be too. 12.25 in. tall and nearly 1 in. thick. The regular hardcover edition is beautiful. I can't wait to see my Limited Edition when it comes in. Hopefully next month. I wasn't expecting these today. I bought two as well. One to open and one to keep for a while. The srhink wrap does not look like it was done at the factory. Looks more like an afterthought by Amazon to help protect them. One of mine has a crappy shrink wrap job. Corners on my books are in great shape, but the one has krinkled corners, if not torn open, in the shrink wrap.

Does anyone else think Amazon would take the time to shrink wrap these if they did not come that way from the MFG?

I got mine from Nintendo World Store and both editions came shrink-wrapped right out of the box.

Edited by SKEETER, 29 January 2013 - 01:24 AM.

Wii U ID: SKEETER
3DS Friend Code: 2707-1609-8783 (don't forget to PM me to add you too!)

laytonobj50%

#1098 iamchopsticks

iamchopsticks

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:41 AM

Amazon.de is still taking pre-orders for the CE. They're not getting these are they?

http://www.amazon.de...59057371&sr=8-2

I placed an order TODAY and it didn't shoot me down or say it wasn't available. Fingers crossed.

#1099 JMD3

JMD3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:48 AM

Are any stores carrying this? Wal-Mart, Target, Best Buy, B&N, Books-a-Million?

#1100 SKEETER

SKEETER

YOU GOTTA DEAL WITH IT!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:05 AM

I placed an order TODAY and it didn't shoot me down or say it wasn't available. Fingers crossed.

Did they charge your card immediately? I know Amazon US does not.

laytonobj50%

#1101 Raven6009

Raven6009

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:30 AM

Did they charge your card immediately? I know Amazon US does not.

None of Amazon's stores charge for pre-orders until it's ready to ship. I placed on as well but not getting my hopes up.
Posted Image

#1102 Jackovasaurus

Jackovasaurus

And ya say Chi-City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:39 AM

Damn, Amazon be on some last minute shit. Just got my shipping confirmation email. Getting here tomorrow!

#1103 forthenguyen

forthenguyen

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:47 AM

Man, $77 after the conversion, and it doesn't appear that my gift cards are applying to the purchase either.

#1104 BNB82

BNB82

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:49 AM

Damn, Amazon be on some last minute shit. Just got my shipping confirmation email. Getting here tomorrow!

Strange, my copy shipped on Saturday morning.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#1105 forthenguyen

forthenguyen

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:55 AM

Is there any chance of these going on sale at a Barnes and Noble retail store? I'm not sure if I recall correctly but I thought people were pre-ordering in store.

#1106 CAGkrazy

CAGkrazy

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:58 AM

Yay! my regular edition from amazon just shipped! estimated arrival feb 1! preordered only last January 26! hehe! im not prime though so i paid for shipping! which im okay with. I didnt want to get any filler to reach $25 since im still paying for tax anyway.

#1107 Portman

Portman

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:07 AM

I've seen some odd stuff with shipping. My friend ordered it and got his today but mine isn't due until tomorrow although mine does have the Art of Blizzard sharing the box so that could explain the delay. Just find it odd that people are getting it today that did 2-day shipping but an extra day won't kill me. :lol:

What has me worried now is where someone a few posts back reported the book with a bit of damage and my friend said his had "minor bends" but he wasn't picky enough to talk to Amazon about it. I'm worried for the LEs that they could get damaged and that could hurt the collectibility of them (first time I've bought something like this to keep, hope that's right). Hopefully Amazon will package these well (yeah right, standard book box with room to move I bet)

#1108 SKEETER

SKEETER

YOU GOTTA DEAL WITH IT!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:22 AM

Did anyone who used FSSS get shipping confirmation? I ordered in August and it's been stuck on shipping soon (Delivery Estimate: Monday February 4, 2013 - Thursday February 7, 2013 by 8:00pm)???

Edited by SKEETER, 29 January 2013 - 04:14 AM.

laytonobj50%

#1109 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:42 AM

I still havent gotten a shipping notice. Just says shipping soon and it will be here tomorrow, lol.

#1110 blcklblskt

blcklblskt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:08 AM

I came home to find my copy sitting on my doorstep. I ordered with Prime sometime in November.