Photo
- - - - -

[NOT DEAD] Hyrule Historia [Art Book] - $19.24/CE (Limited to 4,000) (Jan 2013)

• Please log in to reply
2575 replies to this topic

#1111 DarkonJohn

DarkonJohn

Growing backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:08 AM

Mine arrived today, but haven't had a chance to open it up yet.
3DS FC: 3652-0544-2057 (PM me with yours if you add me)
Posted Image

#1112 Yoda-JM

Yoda-JM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:26 AM

I came home to find my copy sitting on my doorstep. I ordered with Prime sometime in November.

Ditto and man is this sucker heavy.

#1113 NiiNJA

NiiNJA

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:59 AM

Their HQ is located in Virginia (I think) so on 1/28/13 9:00pm PST (1/29 12:00am EST) I'm going to keep checking their site. ThinkGeek is probably the last chance you could ever find it for retail prices, unless you get really lucky to find a local comic book store that ordered extras.

where is this going to be on their website?

#1114 cjenvy

cjenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:06 AM

hopefully going to get it tomorrow

#1115 genoboost

genoboost

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:22 AM

Mine hasn't even shipped from Amazon yet and I preordered back in August. Been waiting forever, so I can wait a few more days, but definitely jealous of you guys that have it in your hands already.

Posted Image
gamemusic4all.com
The site for all your video game inspired music news!

#1116 Elusive

Elusive

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:35 AM

I would assume that the time they take to ship the order depends more on what type of shipping speed you used and less on when you preordered.

That being said, mine should be here tomorrow (I used Prime shipping). Looking forward to wasting a few days pawing through it.

#1117 Potatoeman

Potatoeman

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:42 AM

August order here, 2 day shipping. The order just updated, supposed to arrive on Thursday.

#1118 triforce9

triforce9

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:46 AM

Yeah, I also ordered mine in November, but with FSSS. Still says shipping soon. That's fine with me, as long as it gets here eventually. Can't wait to get my hands on it though!

Ditto and man is this sucker heavy.

Were you able to lift it with just the Power Glove? Or are we talking Titan's Mitt heavy? ;)
Posted Image

#1119 Captain Urahara

Captain Urahara

Praise The Sun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:00 AM

My regular edition Hyrule Historia + Ni No Kuni guide order with FSSS just updated to Shipping Soon twenty minutes ago! :D

#1120 aerozero

aerozero

The man from nowhere

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:07 AM

What has me worried now is where someone a few posts back reported the book with a bit of damage and my friend said his had "minor bends" but he wasn't picky enough to talk to Amazon about it. I'm worried for the LEs that they could get damaged and that could hurt the collectibility of them (first time I've bought something like this to keep, hope that's right). Hopefully Amazon will package these well (yeah right, standard book box with room to move I bet)

Amazon did a good job packaging the last UDON artbook I ordered, hopefully they'll do the same for all artbooks from now on.

Guess I'll find out tomorrow when my copy of the Zelda artbook arrives
Posted Image

#1121 psihog

psihog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:17 AM

Amazon did a good job packaging the last UDON artbook I ordered, hopefully they'll do the same for all artbooks from now on.

Guess I'll find out tomorrow when my copy of the Zelda artbook arrives

I've had Amazon packages where they heat shrinkwrap the book on an oversize cardboard, then put that inside the clamshell box. It's the best packaging for books, but they don't always do that.

#1122 Yoda-JM

Yoda-JM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:46 AM

Were you able to lift it with just the Power Glove? Or are we talking Titan's Mitt heavy? ;)

Obviously Titan's Mitt :bouncy:

#1123 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:50 AM

Is the LE actually supposed to be released tomorrow, or is the release date still February?

Check out my YouTube channel for collection updates, games industry discussion, and game analysis!
http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0

My Blog for more in depth looks at video games (and even anime!): http://helldestroyer77.blogspot.com/

#1124 UncleBob

UncleBob

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:00 AM

Tomorrow. Sadly, my FLGS says they can't sell it until Wednesday due to their contract with Diamond.

Diamond taking control of the comic industry was the worst thing that could have happened...
"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy, instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it."

#1125 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:12 AM

I'm going to check around the TFAW stores around me tomorrow. I wonder if any of them will get any books in store.

Check out my YouTube channel for collection updates, games industry discussion, and game analysis!
http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0

My Blog for more in depth looks at video games (and even anime!): http://helldestroyer77.blogspot.com/

#1126 SleepyInsomniac

SleepyInsomniac

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:32 AM

TFAW order just went from "arrives on 1/29/2013" to "backordered" under the Pending Pre-Orders section of account info.

#1127 Prison Mike

Prison Mike

Don't Drop The Soap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:40 AM

TFAW order just went from "arrives on 1/29/2013" to "backordered" under the Pending Pre-Orders section of account info.

Same here. Assuming you're talking about the LE?

I'm pretty sure its backordered due to them having the wrong ETA. TFAW had it listed as the 29th. Dark Horse said on twitter the official date is suppose to be 2/12.

#1128 chrislaustin

chrislaustin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:01 PM

I finally heard back from my buddy who owns a local comic shop, and he told me he is supposed to get both versions in today, but won't be able to sell them until wed(but he is only getting a few, as allocation was at 60% for this item). I'm stopping by to get some boxes from him today, so I'll update later if in fact he received both books today or not.

#1129 Danger Moose

Danger Moose

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:42 PM

Here is what i see.
Quantity Item Available Shipped On Price
2 Legend of Zelda: Hyrule Historia Limited Edition instock pending $111.98

#1130 josiahb

josiahb

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:38 PM

Here is what i see.
Quantity Item Available Shipped On Price
2 Legend of Zelda: Hyrule Historia Limited Edition instock pending $111.98

Same here, where are you guys seeing "backordered"? I don't ever remember seeing anything like "arrives on 1/29/2013" either...

#1131 Metal Militia

Metal Militia

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:08 PM

My regular edition shipped today from Amazon. Wish I could have gotten the LE, but it just wasn't in the cards.

#1132 rcerboss

rcerboss

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:33 PM

My regular edition shipped today from Amazon. Wish I could have gotten the LE, but it just wasn't in the cards.

What shipping option did you choose? Are you on Prime?
http://backloggery.c...p?user=rcerboss
Interested in trading Steam Games. I have extra keys for Ship, Machinarium, Sword and Sworcery, Cave Story +, and more Desura games tha I can list ;)

PM me to add me to PSN, Steam, WiiU, or 3DS. Always up for a Brawl matchup too!

#1133 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:33 PM

Tomorrow. Sadly, my FLGS says they can't sell it until Wednesday due to their contract with Diamond.

Diamond taking control of the comic industry was the worst thing that could have happened...

Their twitter response was that the release date is 2/12 for the LE and that they need to update the official page for it.

Same here. Assuming you're talking about the LE?

I'm pretty sure its backordered due to them having the wrong ETA. TFAW had it listed as the 29th. Dark Horse said on twitter the official date is suppose to be 2/12.

The status for mine still says pre-order, unless there's somewhere else you can check the status.

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Valhalla Knights 3 - :-|

:ps3: Zone of the Enders 2nd Runner HD - :-|

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related Goodies║Wantlist║

#1134 Layd Dly

Layd Dly

LEGEND..wait for it..DARY

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:34 PM

My regular copy from Amazon will be on my doorstep when i get home. And my LE order is still holding strong for Feb 14th delivery.

Battle.net: Vinomen#1986
76561197994706915.pngAddFriend.png
168249.png

#1135 MaverikHunter

MaverikHunter

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:09 PM

So I am guessing that that the Limited Edition will not be on sale tomorrow at Comic book stores, unless of course they make a mistake.

#1136 UncleBob

UncleBob

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:49 PM

Their twitter response was that the release date is 2/12 for the LE and that they need to update the official page for it.

According to whom? Dark Horse's Facebook page says it should be out today.
"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy, instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it."

#1137 SleepyInsomniac

SleepyInsomniac

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:50 PM

Same here, where are you guys seeing "backordered"? I don't ever remember seeing anything like "arrives on 1/29/2013" either...

Posted Image

#1138 Danger Moose

Danger Moose

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:54 PM

Posted Image

Odd. Your order is an "open order" not in stock whereas ours are listed as pending preorders that are in stock.

#1139 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:59 PM

Got my book today (standard). The thing is gorgeous as others have stated. But amazon used a box just big enough, literally fit it like a glove. As such there was no padding on the sides and the four outside corners (2 front and 2 back) were damaged. Not happy considering my Ni No guide I got 5 days ago also suffered from damaged corners.

But again the book is stunning. It focuses a lot on Skyward Sword, but the last 1/2 covers all the other games as far as I can tell.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#1140 josiahb

josiahb

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:01 PM

Ah, I see. Mine still shows up in "Pre-orders in next shippement", but with no "Arrives" section:
Posted Image