Photo
- - - - -

[NOT DEAD] Hyrule Historia [Art Book] - $19.24/CE (Limited to 4,000) (Jan 2013)

• Please log in to reply
2575 replies to this topic

#1261 Jackovasaurus

Jackovasaurus

And ya say Chi-City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:54 AM

worse jersey and yes i accepted the job since its better than being broke and in ny anyways

basically something was causing my address and cc to deactivate from my account and it was preventing reps from issuing refunds replacements or return orders

i managed to re tether my cc and address and get it to work using the resources they had

Congrats, I guess?
Posted Image

#1262 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:05 AM

There is an Amazon CS in NJ? Wonder if its anywhere near me

#1263 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:05 AM

Just got my approval email from tfaw!! So excited right now!

Ugh... mine still says pre-order. Come on TFAW, don't fail me now!

Cool. When you get there tell them to stop sucking so much. They're losing customers from bad packing jobs and CS derps.

This.

Also, I find if funny that you can't leave packing feedback on this (at least, I can't).

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D 

:vita: Uncharted: Golden Abyss - :) 

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :)

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related Goodies║Wantlist║

#1264 Portman

Portman

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:06 AM

Got my book today (along with the Art of Blizzard Entertainment). Both books had dinged up corners. Anybody know Amazon's policy on this? I spent ~$70 on two books and am pretty jazzed that they're already in 'used' condition. Do they do a wholesale replacement or give you a credit?

Based on the one time I had a damaged book from them they will offer a partial refund, replacement or total refund depending on what you want. (Mine was a limited guide so no replacement was available. That's what worries me on LE of this)

Also, were your books protected any? I had the same two arrive today and the Blizzard book had air bags around it and the Zelda book was riding on top with some protection from the bags. I was afraid the weight/size of the Blizzard book would damage one/both but they survived somehow.

#1265 ImpurePhoen1x

ImpurePhoen1x

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:12 AM

Anybody know what happened to ThinkGeek's stock? I don't recall them ever selling it
Posted Image

#1266 Minions

Minions

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:27 AM

Anybody know what happened to ThinkGeek's stock? I don't recall them ever selling it

They have not sold any yet. Any time between now and the 12th they will likely start selling them.

#1267 nightmarishhero

nightmarishhero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:49 AM

sent a message to the right stuf before i heard the actual LE release date was 02/12/13, asking if they would ship the 29th since I thought that was the release date, this is what i got:

Hello nightmarishhero,

Thank you for emailing us.

Unfortunately, The Zelda book did not arrive as expected. The manufacturer has informed us of a new ETA for February 12th. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to assist you.

Thank you for choosing RightStuf!

Sincerely,
Michael B

had three orders this, forbiddenplanet.COM (not the co.uk) and The book depository. book depository already issued a refund. So hopefully atleast forbidden planet or right stuf come through. I sent a similar email to forbiddenplanet but haven't gotten a response yet. Sent them on the 27th

#1268 cjenvy

cjenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:53 AM

for those with le orders on amazon.com w the damge issues i wouldnt bank on making money off it

#1269 dejeckt

dejeckt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:11 AM

Mine looks absolutely great, but one corner has a scrape (a very small piece tore off, so a little white mark). I thought it wouldn't bother me...but it is. Is it worth the 'rerolling'/exchanging for a better copy?

This artbook is much more substantial than I originally thought; has quite a bit of heft and I really like the green color for the cover.

#1270 Potatoeman

Potatoeman

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:20 AM

You're just as likely to have it happen again if you send it back. I understand it's a collector's piece.. but come on guys, yeesh, maybe if it had cost more, but for a $20 hardcover it really isn't worth the effort IMO. Is one bent or nicked corner really worth the effort?

#1271 dejeckt

dejeckt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:30 AM

You're just as likely to have it happen again if you send it back. I understand it's a collector's piece.. but come on guys, yeesh, maybe if it had cost more, but for a $20 hardcover it really isn't worth the effort IMO. Is one bent or nicked corner really worth the effort?

Not really to be honest...but that's all I see when I stare at the book (lol, what's wrong with me). I don't think this is a fair comparison, but it's like getting a small scratch/chip on your new car after a couple of days. Small dings and dents are bound to happen sooner or later, but still it annoys the shit out you.

#1272 schnuth

schnuth

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:57 AM

Mine looks absolutely great, but one corner has a scrape (a very small piece tore off, so a little white mark). I thought it wouldn't bother me...but it is. Is it worth the 'rerolling'/exchanging for a better copy?

Absolutely. Amazon has gotten terrible with their packaging lately. I return books pretty regularly from damage due to poor packing. Sending them back and explaining why sends them a clear message to get their act together.

#1273 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:06 AM

ah crap. I shoulda seen this thread back when i pre ordered mine. I wasn't even aware there was LE version. I woulda got that faux leather looking one if i knew, guess its too late now =( I do think my regular one shipped out a few days ago though since i got charged. Thought it was my Ni no Kuni strat guide but thats still pending for some reason. I actually better check on that

Sounds like a lot of you are getting it banged up *sigh* This is why i dont order from Amazon much anymore. Them charging tax now in CA, coupled with their consistantly terrible packaging has made them fall from my top online source to bottom tier. The only thing they have going for them anymore is their prices sometimes are ok
My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#1274 Tracid

Tracid

Fuer Grissa Ost Drauka

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:50 AM

TFAW is preparing my CE for shipping and Amazon is sending me the regular /w Ni No Kuni guide. I spent too much this month!

Tracidic.png

#1275 nightmarishhero

nightmarishhero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:58 AM

ah crap. I shoulda seen this thread back when i pre ordered mine. I wasn't even aware there was LE version. I woulda got that faux leather looking one if i knew, guess its too late now =( I do think my regular one shipped out a few days ago though since i got charged. Thought it was my Ni no Kuni strat guide but thats still pending for some reason. I actually better check on that

Don't be so sure, Darkhorse stated thinkgeek would have some Collector's Edition allocations and they have not gone through any pre-order process and as far as I know they never even had a page up for it yet. They might do pre-orders so you might be able to reap a copy if you check back here once in a while. That or just check at 00:00 hours on the 12th and hope an order page shows up, they might do first come first serve, hopefully they will limit check out amounts.

#1276 encendido5

encendido5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:40 AM

I got me SE yesterday and it came in perfect condition. They shrinkwrapped the book to a bigger cardboard backing and put that in a perfectly fit box.

#1277 unclee

unclee

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:36 PM

Absolutely. Amazon has gotten terrible with their packaging lately. I return books pretty regularly from damage due to poor packing. Sending them back and explaining why sends them a clear message to get their act together.

For as many years as I've been buying stuff from Amazon they've ALWAYS been terrible at packaging books, without exeception. I was lucky that my book in this situation only had one small slight bend on the bottom corner.

If it got them to package, among other things, they're books better I'd happily pay a higher price for Prime with "upgraded packaging" or something like that.

#1278 BrandonJF

BrandonJF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:09 PM

For as many years as I've been buying stuff from Amazon they've ALWAYS been terrible at packaging books, without exeception. I was lucky that my book in this situation only had one small slight bend on the bottom corner.

If it got them to package, among other things, they're books better I'd happily pay a higher price for Prime with "upgraded packaging" or something like that.

Packaging from Amazon is totally dependent on which fulfillment center your books get shipped out of - there is no standard. Once they opened a fulfillment center in Chatanooga, everything went downhill for me. I cancelled all of my book orders and rarely attempt ordering books from them.

InStockTrades does sell these Dark Horse art books and they always package books so that there is no way they get damaged during shipping.

#1279 Boss

Boss

Bowser the Great

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:12 PM

I got me SE yesterday and it came in perfect condition. They shrinkwrapped the book to a bigger cardboard backing and put that in a perfectly fit box.

Which Warehouse did yours ship from? (Use your tacking #).

And which warehouse did everyone elses with damage come from?

bossslyfm2.jpg

GameTZ -- TGN -- Ebay

#1280 cjenvy

cjenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:51 PM

Which Warehouse did yours ship from? (Use your tacking #).

And which warehouse did everyone elses with damage come from?

all my damaged goods come out of the new PA center

#1281 Raven6009

Raven6009

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:08 PM

My damaged book came from WV.
Posted Image

#1282 Sandrock7383

Sandrock7383

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:15 PM

im so excited to get this book in. guh!!!!!!!!!!!

#1283 BNB82

BNB82

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:20 PM

Mine came damaged with a couple of dents. I am considering sending it back but the one they replace it with would probably just come damaged as well.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#1284 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:21 PM

Took a look at my guide (that had lysol cleaning junk on top of it) and luckily there are no bent corners. At first I thought there was moisture underneath the seal, but seems to be some air bubbles underneath since i can push it around - prob from a small rip in the seal.

#1285 chrislaustin

chrislaustin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:26 PM

My regular edition from Amazon came wrapped together with my Ni No Kuni guide, and the box was HUGE, but because both guides where strapped to a bigger piece of cardboard backing, the edges didn't get dented(the backing board took the damage), but there is a small scratch on the face. This may have happened before shipping, but I can't really tell. I decided to get another one shipped, and if that one arrives screwed up, I'll do it again.

#1286 hiljay

hiljay

Super Aggro CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:34 PM

Mine came in pristine condition. I've been lucky enough to receive books that aren't damaged when ordering from amazon.

#1287 Phenomic

Phenomic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:38 PM

Showed up with a pretty dented corner. I wonder if it happened when the UPS guy threw my package down on the ground. I went over the door and just heard a "clunk"

Regardless... If I sent it back would they even be able to send me another one right away? Do I need to contact customer service? Honestly, I don't want to wait for return ground and then them to send me another one a week later. Amazons quality has been dropping pretty bad for me in recent purchases even if some of them were from Warehouse.

Giving me a "LIKE NEW" Mario with a cracked in half CD is trash. You can tell that happened before they sent that one to me.

Shame we don't have a physical item rep like a digital with Tony.

#1288 GrimmTrixX

GrimmTrixX

Finish Him!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:46 PM

man i wish i didnt cancel my limited edition one. i didnt know it was gonna be limited like that and they said it had less pages. lol my regular edition came in today but now i want the LE. damn

XBL/PSN: GrimmTrixX
Currently Playing

:xb1: Dead Rising 3

:ps3: The Last of Us
:wiiu: Mario Kart 8
:3ds: Kirby Triple Deluxe

#1289 chrislaustin

chrislaustin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:49 PM

Showed up with a pretty dented corner. I wonder if it happened when the UPS guy threw my package down on the ground. I went over the door and just heard a "clunk"

Regardless... If I sent it back would they even be able to send me another one right away? Do I need to contact customer service? Honestly, I don't want to wait for return ground and then them to send me another one a week later. Amazons quality has been dropping pretty bad for me in recent purchases even if some of them were from Warehouse.

Giving me a "LIKE NEW" Mario with a cracked in half CD is trash. You can tell that happened before they sent that one to me.

Shame we don't have a physical item rep like a digital with Tony.

I just did a standard return this morning, and their system sends you a new one, and then I print a free UPS label to return the old one within 30days. You can contact them directly and complain, and they may ship you a new one by 1-2 day air, or they may offer a bonus gift card, or both(or neither). It just depends on what you may want(and what the CS rep is willing to give), and what is the best way to get it.

If my next one arrives damaged, I will contact them directly and raise a stink and make sure they send it properly and rush delivery me one. For now, I'll just read the damaged one, and wait until the new one arrives before I do the swap.

#1290 namepl

namepl

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:51 PM

I got a pretty dinged-up regular edition from Amazon also - the Lexington, KY center.

I already requested a replacement through the online CS. They initiated sending the replacement immediately after I submitted my claim. Looks like their policy is that they won't charge you for the replacement if you send back the first shipment within 30 days.