Photo
- - - - -

[NOT DEAD] Hyrule Historia [Art Book] - $19.24/CE (Limited to 4,000) (Jan 2013)

• Please log in to reply
2575 replies to this topic

#1291 GrimmTrixX

GrimmTrixX

Finish Him!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:56 PM

just opened mine and it looks pretty clean. front has minor marks on it but more like thin indents than scratches, corners are good too. still wish i had an LE and almost want to go on a scouting mission for it, then again i dont know if all stores got theirs already as some people have been saying theres a delay. i dont really have comic shops around here besides newbury comics

XBL/PSN: GrimmTrixX
Currently Playing

:xb1: Dead Rising 3

:ps3: The Last of Us
:wiiu: Mario Kart 8
:3ds: Kirby Triple Deluxe

#1292 adamcoburn

adamcoburn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:56 PM

I need this limited edition book or i'll die. ThinkGeek better be selling them soon..
--------------------Trade list---------------------------

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=289314

#1293 Phenomic

Phenomic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:57 PM

I just did a standard return this morning, and their system sends you a new one, and then I print a free UPS label to return the old one within 30days. You can contact them directly and complain, and they may ship you a new one by 1-2 day air, or they may offer a bonus gift card, or both(or neither). It just depends on what you may want(and what the CS rep is willing to give), and what is the best way to get it.

If my next one arrives damaged, I will contact them directly and raise a stink and make sure they send it properly and rush delivery me one. For now, I'll just read the damaged one, and wait until the new one arrives before I do the swap.

Oh cool for some reason I just figured they wouldn't send out another one until they had the other one in their hands will do this right now.

#1294 Seerge666

Seerge666

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:58 PM

My regular copy is coming today along with the Ni No Kuni guide, hoping for no damage.

#1295 chrislaustin

chrislaustin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:17 PM

I need this limited edition book or i'll die. ThinkGeek better be selling them soon..

I just contacted ThinkGeek, and this was the reply I got:

"Hi Christopher,

Thank You for contacting ThinkGeek Customer Service! I hate to be the bearer of bad news but at this time it seems to be top secret on our end! Keep your eyes open! Maybe soon.

If there is anything else I can assist you with please let me know or if there is another issue you need help with you can include it in your reply. My cage is always open. It is my goal to provide excellent customer service.

Hope you are having a wonderful day!"

Thanks Again"

WTF! does this mean, oh well, I guess they may be selling them today, tomorrow, next week, or not at all. Also, I asked about the regular & limited edtion, so this reply could be in regards to one, the other, or neither. Thanks ThinkGeek, you have answered NOTHING! LOL

#1296 Boss

Boss

Bowser the Great

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:27 PM

It means they have no clue either.

bossslyfm2.jpg

GameTZ -- TGN -- Ebay

#1297 josiahb

josiahb

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:43 PM

Which Warehouse did yours ship from? (Use your tacking #).

And which warehouse did everyone elses with damage come from?

My damaged one came out of South Carolina. Replacement is coming from Arizona. It's supposed to get here today, but on the tracking info it does say there was a delay, so it might not (arrival estimate is still today).

#1298 007

Areaologist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:50 PM

Mine is absolutely perfect. Shrinkwrapped onto cardboard. Shipped from Delaware.

#1299 Meelahd

Meelahd

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:11 PM

Just went on ebay and saw the prices these things go for. The market will probably be flooded though once the copies get shipped to the general public.

The whole LE thing is being handled horribly by publishers these days. They are either way too limited compared to the market that actually wants them or they are way overproduced and go into clearance.

Honestly, maybe publishers should do a 3 day rule on items that are supposed to be limited. You have 72 hours to order a single copy of a game, one copy per customer limit, and you will be guaranteed a copy. The item will be produced only to satisfy the people who ordered in the 72 hour time window and extra copies to take care of any customer issues.

I don't understand why this idea is such a hard concept to grasp. 24 hours or however long this was up for was way too short of a time. The only reason I got my order for the LE in was because I happened to stumble upon a thread on this site.

#1300 Edzo04

Edzo04

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:22 PM

My regular edition from Amazon came wrapped together with my Ni No Kuni guide, and the box was HUGE, but because both guides where strapped to a bigger piece of cardboard backing, the edges didn't get dented(the backing board took the damage), but there is a small scratch on the face. This may have happened before shipping, but I can't really tell. I decided to get another one shipped, and if that one arrives screwed up, I'll do it again.

i have that same order coming and im hoping for no damage

#1301 primalcarnage

primalcarnage

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:26 PM

Got my book in yesterday, and it looks like it's in absolute perfect condition.
Also our UPS guy is always very gentle with all our packages so that probably makes a big difference.

Wish I would have jumped on the LE when I had the chance though... :(

#1302 pdjones

pdjones

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:31 PM

I got mine yesterday. There is a minor mark but it's hard to see. The book itself is beautiful. I'm very happy with this artbook.

#1303 rcerboss

rcerboss

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:34 PM

My damaged one came out of South Carolina. Replacement is coming from Arizona. It's supposed to get here today, but on the tracking info it does say there was a delay, so it might not (arrival estimate is still today).

Fucking shit that is right where I live.
http://backloggery.c...p?user=rcerboss
Interested in trading Steam Games. I have extra keys for Ship, Machinarium, Sword and Sworcery, Cave Story +, and more Desura games tha I can list ;)

PM me to add me to PSN, Steam, WiiU, or 3DS. Always up for a Brawl matchup too!

#1304 bloodling

bloodling

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:37 PM

My Limited edition is in stock and ready to dispatch from forbiddenplanet uk. I can't wait to receive it!

#1305 ToxicTwistOfFate

ToxicTwistOfFate

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:43 PM

So my book shipped out last night and arrived today. Kind of weird since I only paid for standard shipping but hey I'm not complaining. As for damage the corners on my book are perfect. The only real problem is on the spine on the back which you can see below. It doesn't really bother me so I'm not going to ask for a replacement.
Posted Image

#1306 redraid8

redraid8

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:45 PM

Just picked up my LE from my local comic shop. I am so grateful he was able to get it in for me. Its amazing. That's all I can say. The book is in perfect condition.

#1307 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:03 PM

Just went on ebay and saw the prices these things go for. The market will probably be flooded though once the copies get shipped to the general public.

The whole LE thing is being handled horribly by publishers these days. They are either way too limited compared to the market that actually wants them or they are way overproduced and go into clearance.

Honestly, maybe publishers should do a 3 day rule on items that are supposed to be limited. You have 72 hours to order a single copy of a game, one copy per customer limit, and you will be guaranteed a copy. The item will be produced only to satisfy the people who ordered in the 72 hour time window and extra copies to take care of any customer issues.

I don't understand why this idea is such a hard concept to grasp. 24 hours or however long this was up for was way too short of a time. The only reason I got my order for the LE in was because I happened to stumble upon a thread on this site.

agree 100%

#1308 cjenvy

cjenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:04 PM

So my book shipped out last night and arrived today. Kind of weird since I only paid for standard shipping but hey I'm not complaining. As for damage the corners on my book are perfect. The only real problem is on the spine on the back which you can see below. It doesn't really bother me so I'm not going to ask for a replacement.
Posted Image

yours is 6x as big as mine was and i did but to each his own

#1309 johnymohny

johnymohny

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:05 PM

I'm from the uk! I have literally found this forum thread, just a few days ago (I had to wait a few days to make my first comment :|), I have been through hell and back to get a copy. But can confirm I was able to pick one up in forbidden planet in london a few hours ago. They got given 50 copies (as being the flagship store), the other fp's were only given at most 2. Very limited to one per person, I did want 2 tbh, one to display and one to put away, tried to explain that, weren't having any of it, but at least I got one.

#1310 Kyanos

Kyanos

Big Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:05 PM

Just picked up my LE from my local comic shop. I am so grateful he was able to get it in for me. Its amazing. That's all I can say. The book is in perfect condition.

I don't understand the two separate release dates going on with the LE.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#1311 sadboy

sadboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:08 PM

Spoiler

It doesn't look bad given the location.

#1312 cjenvy

cjenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:12 PM

It doesn't look bad given the location.

if you were trying to sell me that book and showed me that picture i wouldnt even touch it

that being said if it's a keeper and it's not noticeable to the naked eye at a distance it's still a damn good coffee table book

#1313 SGRX

SGRX

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:17 PM

It doesn't really look that bad. I wouldn't bother asking for a replacement, although I would probably leave packaging feedback or contact customer service in the hope that they eventually start packing their books correctly. If that was an LE though I would be pissed.

#1314 cjenvy

cjenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:21 PM

didnt we already debunk the foreign amazon's having legitimate stock of the le?

new thread says they are back

#1315 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:22 PM

This suggestion works for those who can put the money out there months in advance. But made to order LEs will have to be pre-ordered months in advance AND it won't stop people from scamming to get multiple copies to resell. And knowing an item is only available for 72hours months in advance will guarantee that the resell price at release will be crazy high.

#1316 vince_carter

vince_carter

what's a panini

• CAGiversary!

just got this e-mail from TFAW

Spoiler

Hand__Of__God.png

#1317 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Personally, I would definitely ask for a replacement especially if I had to pay shipping.

#1318 Boss

Boss

Bowser the Great

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:23 PM

Hi ---

We wanted to let you know that your order for the Legend of Zelda: Hyrule Historia Limited Edition graphic novel will be slightly delayed due to a printing error.

We sincerely apologize for the delay, and want to assure you that your order for the Limited Edition Hyrule Historia is 100% guaranteed.

We anticipate shipping your copy on February 13, but will send it earlier if we get our shipment sooner.

We know this delay is a bummer, but want you to know that your satisfaction with the products you buy from us is our chief concern. Thanks for your understanding, --.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact our customer service department.

Best,
-The TFAW Crew

:whee::whee::whee::whee::whee::whee::whee:

bossslyfm2.jpg

GameTZ -- TGN -- Ebay

#1319 samusaran226

samusaran226

Bounty Hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:25 PM

Which Warehouse did yours ship from? (Use your tacking #).

And which warehouse did everyone elses with damage come from?

Seems like the Delaware shipping center is the only one shipping these things properly. That's where mine came from, shrink wrapped to a larger piece of cardboard with no damage.

#1320 HomieGFunk03

HomieGFunk03

The Pied Piper of Gaming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:29 PM

Got my SE today and it's in great condition. I sent a preemptive email to Amazon regarding the LE and hoping the shipping goes well as we won't be able to exchange as easily.