Photo
- - - - -

[NOT DEAD] Hyrule Historia [Art Book] - $19.24/CE (Limited to 4,000) (Jan 2013)

• Please log in to reply
2575 replies to this topic

#1321 Bloomy

Bloomy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:37 PM

just got this e-mail from TFAW

I got the same e-mail.

My regular editions from Amazon are "out for delivery" from the post office today. Waiting for the mail to be delivered to the office. The first time I checked the tracking it said Middletown, DE, so hopefully they come in good shape like others from the Delaware fulfillment center. I had bought some games from Amazon over the holidays, and they were also shrink-wrapped against a cardboard backing inside the box.

#1322 Wayne Cabana

Wayne Cabana

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:47 PM

My standard edition arrived yesterday, luckily in perfect condition. It's absolutely stunning!

I only have two gripes:
1) I wish the original design documents for NES LoZ were full-sized.
2) No mention at all of the Phillips CDi games. :lol:

B/S/T Thread

H: Artbooks, OSTs, & hella swag!
W: Power Stone, Nintendo Player's Guides, PSN or 3DS Credit, PayPal

#1323 CGlade

CGlade

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:57 PM

Cannot imagine why ;)

#1324 Bloomy

Bloomy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:00 PM

Nintendo would probably acknowledge an obtainable Triforce in Ocarina of Time or a playable Luigi in (the original) Super Mario 64 before the existence of those games.

#1325 themidnighter23

themidnighter23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:02 PM

Got my copy yesterday and it survived the journey. no limited edition for me..... until today

got a text from my friend who owns a comic shop telling me he has a limited edition copy waiting for me. The odd thing is he doesn't remember ordering it and he doesn't remember ever seeing it solicited in the order book, but I got it. And with my employee discount I ended up paying around $35.

With the problems with Namco and not getting the Wizard Edition of Ni No Kuni, this lessens my anger alot.
where's my whiskey, Im bout to get tore up

#1326 adamcoburn

adamcoburn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:03 PM

I just contacted ThinkGeek, and this was the reply I got:

"Hi Christopher,

Thank You for contacting ThinkGeek Customer Service! I hate to be the bearer of bad news but at this time it seems to be top secret on our end! Keep your eyes open! Maybe soon.

If there is anything else I can assist you with please let me know or if there is another issue you need help with you can include it in your reply. My cage is always open. It is my goal to provide excellent customer service.

Hope you are having a wonderful day!"

Thanks Again"

WTF! does this mean, oh well, I guess they may be selling them today, tomorrow, next week, or not at all. Also, I asked about the regular & limited edtion, so this reply could be in regards to one, the other, or neither. Thanks ThinkGeek, you have answered NOTHING! LOL

Well im counting on them not to disappoint me or the other CAG members..
--------------------Trade list---------------------------

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=289314

#1327 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:06 PM

Well im counting on them not to disappoint me or the other CAG members..

Here's hoping...

Currently playing:
:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :)

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related Goodies║Wantlist║

#1328 Rig

Rig

Rig = Lunar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:13 PM

just got this e-mail from TFAW

Spoiler

I got the same email. Nice. I'm just find waiting, as long as I get my copy!

#1329 Danger Moose

Danger Moose

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:21 PM

I'm thrilled that TFAW isn't as incompetent as Digital River. It might be late, but it is being communicated. Well played sirs!

#1330 bloodling

bloodling

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:37 PM

I'm torn between keeping the CE and selling it... It's worth quite a bit of money. It will be worth even more in a few months.

#1331 sadboy

sadboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:45 PM

I'm torn between keeping the CE and selling it... It's worth quite a bit of money. It will be worth even more in a few months.

Sell it. Get a standard copy instead.

Just kidding.

#1332 Danger Moose

Danger Moose

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:45 PM

If you are financially stable, I'd hold onto it. If its a investment, who knows, the price could just as easily drop considerably.

These guys aren't numbered are they?

#1333 bloodling

bloodling

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:49 PM

If you are financially stable, I'd hold onto it. If its a investment, who knows, the price could just as easily drop considerably.

These guys aren't numbered are they?

It's limited to 4000 copies, sealed copies will become very rare eventually, I can't imagine the price going down. I'm not sure if I want to keep it sealed or not, though. I might just open it and keep it forever. I really don't know what to do with it.

#1334 Bandersnatch84

Bandersnatch84

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:55 PM

I wish Forbiddenplanet wasn't so damn quiet. TFAW seems like they are on it.

#1335 scottman

scottman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:56 PM

In this situation, I think any store that has preorders but doesn't know for sure how many they will be getting should tell the customer that there is a chance their order will be unfulfilled instead of just letting the preorders sit quietly for so long and then have to cancel later. Especially specialty stores like forbiddenplanet that should be used to handling these types of things. How they handle this will really form my opinion of them. But if all preorders get filled, then there is no need for them to communicate status better.

#1336 scottman

scottman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:12 PM

It's limited to 4000 copies, sealed copies will become very rare eventually, I can't imagine the price going down. I'm not sure if I want to keep it sealed or not, though. I might just open it and keep it forever. I really don't know what to do with it.

Given how nice the standard looks at only $20 and how readily available it is, I personally wouldn't pay over $100 for the nearly identical, un-numbered, un-signed CE. But seeing a few posts like yours from people who have to have it (assuming they are not resellers with listings already on ebay trying to generate hype) shows there is a market for it, and zelda stuff generally is a good investment.

But I have to say dark horse knew what they were doing printing out these extra 4000, and knew exactly their gullible audience they were trying to screw over, and handled the out of nowhere preorder situation horribly. Since they don't share the ebay prices profits, I guess they do it to create desire for their brand and future releases.

#1337 forthenguyen

forthenguyen

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:18 PM

Don't be so sure, Darkhorse stated thinkgeek would have some Collector's Edition allocations and they have not gone through any pre-order process and as far as I know they never even had a page up for it yet. They might do pre-orders so you might be able to reap a copy if you check back here once in a while. That or just check at 00:00 hours on the 12th and hope an order page shows up, they might do first come first serve, hopefully they will limit check out amounts.

Can you show me where they said that? If this is true I would love to get one.

#1338 DS9

DS9

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:24 PM

Sell it , that's what people do with this book anyways, go ebay. This book is made for selling not collecting or keeping. 1 out of 20 buyers probably are keeping it sealed or opening it.

#1339 Bloomy

Bloomy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:26 PM

My 2 regular editions arrived from Amazon. They came from the Lexington, KY, center, not Delaware, but are in great shape. Very slight ding on one, upper right of the back near the spine, but not really noticeable unless you're looking closely for problems. My brother won't mind it as a birthday gift.

#1340 bloodling

bloodling

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:41 PM

Sell it , that's what people do with this book anyways, go ebay. This book is made for selling not collecting or keeping. 1 out of 20 buyers probably are keeping it sealed or opening it.

Yeah, I will just hold on to it sealed and eventually sell it.

#1341 goodbyetonight

goodbyetonight

Lt. Commander

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:53 PM

I preordered my regular edition months ago from Amazon and mine hasn't even shipped yet. What gives, Amazon?

98799.pngimages_zps9a2215bc.jpg

#1342 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:53 PM

got a text from my friend who owns a comic shop telling me he has a limited edition copy waiting for me. The odd thing is he doesn't remember ordering it and he doesn't remember ever seeing it solicited in the order book, but I got it. And with my employee discount I ended up paying around $35.

just wondering how much did it ring up before your discount? if it was msrp then 50% discount seems like a lot :)

#1343 Youngnoble

Youngnoble

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:55 PM

Good news for those who ordered from forbidden planet. There starting to charge your cards so they might actually ship these. My card was just charged.

CHECKCARD 01/30 FORBIDDEN PLANET HOME ROMFORD

#1344 Linkgx1

Linkgx1

No White Knights!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:13 PM

Good news for those who ordered from forbidden planet. There starting to charge your cards so they might actually ship these. My card was just charged.

Sweet I hope they did mine. If actually be surprised if it happened.
Posted Image

#1345 scottman

scottman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:01 PM

Mine too, shows pending for $55.90. Never ordered out of country before except for amazon's currency converter, so not sure what other exchange fees might be added on later. I also thought they said they would contact with shipping amount prior to shipment, but I haven't heard from them. But this price seems good if it includes shipping.

edit: that must be just the price of the book before shipping. My receipt showed the book as 38.99GBP which would convert to over $60US, which is still good considering their site now shows it at 52.99GBP.

Edited by scottman, 30 January 2013 - 11:14 PM.

#1346 UncleBob

UncleBob

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:03 PM

Received my regular edition in the mail from Amazon today and picked up my CE from my FLGS today as well. Both in great shape. Yay!
"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy, instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it."

#1347 Seerge666

Seerge666

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:04 PM

I'm furious right now, my Regular edition just arrived with the No No Kuni guide. First of all the box they arrived in was damaged and opened on the corner thus the Zelda book corner being dented and ripped along with multiple other corners being dented. The Ni No Kuni guide's binding at the top was ripped. -______-

#1348 themidnighter23

themidnighter23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:14 PM

just wondering how much did it ring up before your discount? if it was msrp then 50% discount seems like a lot :)

Close, 45% so $31.50, it cost $69.99

#1349 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:16 PM

I just called TFAW and it sounds like none of the stores are getting the CE in. Hopefully thinkgeek will come through for us!

Check out my youtube channel! I do video game collection updates, unboxings, final impressions, and intelligent game industry commentary.  Expect lots of collector's editions, as well as steelbooks from all over the world! :D

http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0

#1350 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:26 PM

Close, 45% so $31.50, it cost $69.99

well I went of the ~$35 you mentioned. either way that's a big discount aside from fast food places where I think employees get 50% off.