Photo
- - - - -

[NOT DEAD] Hyrule Historia [Art Book] - $19.24/CE (Limited to 4,000) (Jan 2013)

• Please log in to reply
2575 replies to this topic

#1351 Youngnoble

Youngnoble

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:30 PM

All these reports of damaged regular editions is scary. If they ship the CE with the same amount of care there's going to be a lot of sad people.

#1352 Potatoeman

Potatoeman

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:33 PM

Yup, got mine in today and a small part on the back where it meets the spine is busted in. Ah well, It's still an amazing book for the price amazon is selling for!

#1353 moopher

moopher

Electric Pizza

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:41 PM

If you guys are getting these from Amazon...why don't you just chat with their customer service reps? They're always really awesome with me.

#1354 Kyanos

Kyanos

Big Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:41 PM

Got mine, seems to have come through mostly unscathed despite the poor packaging. My Ni No Kuni guide also came in a separate shipment, that one was shrink wrapped to cardboard. Zelda wasn't.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#1355 ToxicTwistOfFate

ToxicTwistOfFate

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:42 PM

I contacted Amazon just to let them know that the book I got came a little bit damaged and that they should look into protecting books a bit better during shipping. They quickly replied back and apologized and said if I don't want to return it for another one that they would gladly refund me 50% of the books price. Which means I only ended up paying $13.70 (with shipping). Not to bad of a price for such a great book.

#1356 Codester06

Codester06

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:43 PM

I have been a Zelda fan since I was a little kid and had to pick this book up. Got the Standard Edition yesterday from Amazon and everything is in perfect condition. Never bought a book like this before and I love it.

#1357 forthenguyen

forthenguyen

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:43 PM

Oh, found it here:

I wonder what they'll price it at, and hopefully I can get one. Honestly I would pay MSRP but I would prefer it to be around Amazon/B&N's price.

#1358 chrislaustin

chrislaustin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:57 PM

Oh, found it here:

I wonder what they'll price it at, and hopefully I can get one. Honestly I would pay MSRP but I would prefer it to be around Amazon/B&N's price.

I've been refreshing their website a few times an hour(when I'm at my computer), for the last few days. I'm sure when these go live they won't last long. Anyone who want's one will have to be at the right place, at the right time for sure.

#1359 JoePianist

JoePianist

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:59 PM

Oh, found it here:

Hey! That's my Twitter question to ThinkGeek 8-)

#1360 forthenguyen

forthenguyen

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:04 AM

Hey! That's my Twitter question to ThinkGeek 8-)

Heh, well thank you! I don't plan on reselling I'm not into all that, just want to have it. Hopefully they have a decent supply where I can get one, maybe cheaper than MSRP but I'll still gladly play full price.

#1361 Link2999

Link2999

Demon Lord

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:12 AM

Aw yea! Just got this email from Amazon, who's saving now!?

You saved $0.01 with Amazon.com's Pre-order Price Guarantee!

The price of the item(s) decreased after you ordered them, and we gave you the lowest price.

The following title(s) decreased in price:

The Legend of Zelda: Hyrule Historia
Price on order date: $19.43
Price charged at shipping: $19.42
Lowest price before release date: $19.42
Quantity: 1
Total Savings: $0.01

$0.01 is your total savings under our Pre-order Price Guarantee.

#1362 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:18 AM

Put that to something nice.

These seem to be shipping out slowly. Mine hasn't shipped yet. My order status says estimated delivery between Feb.1-4. If I don't get it by then, will Amazon reimburse my cheap ass in some way?

#1363 Siye

Siye

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:35 AM

Finding the Ltd. Ed in local comic book stores is being harder than I thought.

It's even rarer than what The Sky was with an even greater demand....

Local shop said it was marketed a but funny (I guess Dark Horse didn't even make the Ltd Ed very known) so even if some shops ordered the standard edition, they didn't even know or were made aware of the Ltd. Ed when placing orders. So... a handful of stores may have the standard edition but never ordered the limited edition. In my neck of the woods even the standard edition is selling out O_O

Good luck everyone.

#1364 themidnighter23

themidnighter23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:35 AM

well I went of the ~$35 you mentioned. either way that's a big discount aside from fast food places where I think employees get 50% off.

when I posted that I did the math in my head and figured it was around that area with tax since i had to pay by credit since I wasn't expecting to get it.

employees at FF dont eat for free? that's nuts. You would figure that they wouldn't want to eat there after being around it all the time.
where's my whiskey, Im bout to get tore up

#1365 themidnighter23

themidnighter23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:39 AM

re: damaged books

I really don't understand amazon sometimes. games, blu-rays, dvds... and I guess those last few people buying CDs, should be in boxes and packaged well. When I ordered The Last Story from them I had to return it twice because the book that came with it got damaged since it was sent in a bubble manila envelope. Both times I told them to put it in a box and both times they didn't listen. It's infuriating to deal with them sometimes.
where's my whiskey, Im bout to get tore up

#1366 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:50 AM

Just opened my regular edition from Amazon, which I was surprised to see here today since I just got shipping notice last night and delivery estimate was tomorrow!

Anyway, it was packaged in a box on top of some bubble wrap. There are a couple of very minor dents in the top and bottom left corners, but they are miniscule enough I will let it go. Reading some of the horror stories you all have had I consider myself lucky! Good use of $23 Amazon credit I had ($19.xx plus shipping since I didnt feel like adding a filler item)!

EDIT: for those of you who have gotten damaged copies and chatted with Amazon reps...did you have pictures of the damage?

#1367 BNB82

BNB82

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:29 AM

I sent Amazon an email and they offered me a 35% discount ($6.80) since it had some damage. Seems like a nice way to make it right.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#1368 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:32 AM

Just opened my regular edition from Amazon, which I was surprised to see here today since I just got shipping notice last night and delivery estimate was tomorrow!

Anyway, it was packaged in a box on top of some bubble wrap. There are a couple of very minor dents in the top and bottom left corners, but they are miniscule enough I will let it go. Reading some of the horror stories you all have had I consider myself lucky! Good use of $23 Amazon credit I had ($19.xx plus shipping since I didnt feel like adding a filler item)!

EDIT: for those of you who have gotten damaged copies and chatted with Amazon reps...did you have pictures of the damage?

You never need pictures of the damage. And be warned that all these partial refunds count against your account. Too many of these combined with too many returns = perma-ban. I don't think $6-10 is worth adding a black mark to your account.

Check out my youtube channel! I do video game collection updates, unboxings, final impressions, and intelligent game industry commentary.  Expect lots of collector's editions, as well as steelbooks from all over the world! :D

http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0

#1369 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:40 AM

when I posted that I did the math in my head and figured it was around that area with tax since i had to pay by credit since I wasn't expecting to get it.

employees at FF dont eat for free? that's nuts. You would figure that they wouldn't want to eat there after being around it all the time.

when I worked at one place during high school it was 50% though I usually got food free as the owners were family friends. From a business standpoint, ff should offer a discount as employees would still be on premise and store still makes slight profit.

On topic: I called Nintendo World earlier and lady said no LEs. I know some other CAGs said they sold out on Saturday, but a friend's cousin went to pickup a preorder on Monday and a customer ahead of him bought the supposedly last copy.

#1370 SKEETER

SKEETER

YOU GOTTA DEAL WITH IT!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:53 AM

I preordered my regular edition months ago from Amazon and mine hasn't even shipped yet. What gives, Amazon?

Put that to something nice.

These seem to be shipping out slowly. Mine hasn't shipped yet. My order status says estimated delivery between Feb.1-4. If I don't get it by then, will Amazon reimburse my cheap ass in some way?

I ordered mine in August and as of yesterday status said "shipping soon" with delivery @Feb. 5-7?! I attempted to chat with one of their outsourced reps...BIG mistake.

I explained that it was not fair that I ordered very early and would be getting it very late (over a week after release). I had received many other items in the past within a few days, even with FSSS. I heard that some people who just ordered the book this week got shipment notices and some others even received theirs the day before release. Also, I thought Amazon does not charge until they ship but my card was charged days before release when status changed to "shipping soon"? She said what I stated was "impossible", Amazon NEVER breaks street date and the only way anyone would have received it at all this week is if they chose expedited shipping. Plus, she couldn't do anything about shipment because it was shipping soon and being processed.

She spewed lots more canned responses and scripted dumbassery. Long story short (after about a 20 minute chat) she may as well have called me a liar and didn't to a damn thing to help. Needless to say, I gave her poor ratings in the post-survey which prompted a "give us another chance to help"-type alert.

I opted for them to call me and I explained the situation again as I did above, adding on how poorly I was treated by the chat rep. Two minutes later, the phone rep bumped up the delivery date to Feb. 1st and issued a $5 credit. Why couldn't the chat rep do this?

It has now been shipped and is on it's way via UPS. Here's hoping for no damage because then I'll probably have to go through this again.

Edited by SKEETER, 31 January 2013 - 02:11 AM.

Wii U ID: SKEETER
3DS Friend Code: 2707-1609-8783 (don't forget to PM me to add you too!)

laytonobj50%

#1371 Potatoeman

Potatoeman

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:08 AM

For the people trying to get in on the ThinkGeek copies - Are you just searching for "Hyrule Historia", or is there an actual product page for it?

#1372 ChadThyJuggla

ChadThyJuggla

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:42 AM

For the people trying to get in on the ThinkGeek copies - Are you just searching for "Hyrule Historia", or is there an actual product page for it?

I've been checking the "What's New" page frequently. I occasionally search 'Hyrule' to check for it as well. Don't know if there's a page for it yet.

#1373 encendido5

encendido5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:43 AM

Which Warehouse did yours ship from? (Use your tacking #).

And which warehouse did everyone elses with damage come from?

The box says it was shipped from Lexington, KY and I got it through Lasership. I got it in perfect condition for those that didn't see my original post.

#1374 CAGkrazy

CAGkrazy

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:45 AM

Got my regular esition from amazon. Was 2 days early than estimated date! Woohoo! Book ws pristine. Had a shrinkwrap and bubble wrap in the box.

#1375 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:49 AM

Got my regular esition from amazon. Was 2 days early than estimated date! Woohoo! Book ws pristine. Had a shrinkwrap and bubble wrap in the box.

How big was your box? Cause mine got shipped to the wrong place. The guy told me it was a big box for a book. I'm really nervous about how banged up it'll be tomorrow when I finally get it.

The box says it was shipped from Lexington, KY and I got it through Lasership. I got it in perfect condition for those that didn't see my original post.

That's where mine was out of. Hopefully I'll get good results too.

#1376 SMBScooby

SMBScooby

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:58 AM

Called my local comic book store to see if they had the LE that I asked for two months ago and they did. I asked them if they had any extras and they said no. When I went to pick it up they surprised me and had two waiting for me :)

What a great day. I got my No Ni Kuni Wizard edition today and when I got home my Dead Space 3 Dev-Team was waiting for me and I got 15/5000

#1377 donut

donut

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:00 AM

Local independent store called today and my copy is ready for pick-up.
Very surprised as I called them a lil over a week ago and they said it was not possible...
very nice surprise.
"I'd bet ya dollars to donuts ..."

#1378 CAGkrazy

CAGkrazy

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:05 AM

How big was your box? Cause mine got shipped to the wrong place. The guy told me it was a big box for a book. I'm really nervous about how banged up it'll be tomorrow when I finally get it.

It was just the right size for the book dimension. There wasnt much wiggle room though after the bubblewrap. My box came in good condition. My book shipped from AZ straight to CA.

#1379 scottman

scottman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:05 AM

I ordered mine in August and as of yesterday status said "shipping soon" with delivery @Feb. 5-7?! I attempted to chat with one of their outsourced reps...BIG mistake.

I explained that it was not fair that I ordered very early and would be getting it very late (over a week after release). I had received many other items in the past within a few days, even with FSSS. I heard that some people who just ordered the book this week got shipment notices and some others even received theirs the day before release. Also, I thought Amazon does not charge until they ship but my card was charged days before release when status changed to "shipping soon"? She said what I stated was "impossible", Amazon NEVER breaks street date and the only way anyone would have received it at all this week is if they chose expedited shipping. Plus, she couldn't do anything about shipment because it was shipping soon and being processed.

She spewed lots more canned responses and scripted dumbassery. Long story short (after about a 20 minute chat) she may as well have called me a liar and didn't to a damn thing to help. Needless to say, I gave her poor ratings in the post-survey which prompted a "give us another chance to help"-type alert.

I opted for them to call me and I explained the situation again as I did above, adding on how poorly I was treated by the chat rep. Two minutes later, the phone rep bumped up the delivery date to Feb. 1st and issued a $5 credit. Why couldn't the chat rep do this?

It has now been shipped and is on it's way via UPS. Here's hoping for no damage because then I'll probably have to go through this again.

If you're not prime and chose FSSS, you are allowing them to take their time, and they didn't really have to do anything. All the prime and expedited orders get pushed in front of yours regardless of when they ordered. Frontline rep was just trying to stick to their policies, but backend just wants to grease the squeaky wheel.

#1380 Elusive

Elusive

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:17 AM

That's where mine was out of. Hopefully I'll get good results too.

Heads up, my book came from Lexington, as well, and like I've posted earlier, it was damaged and in a box far too large for it (with no padding, to boot). Looks like it's a crapshoot.