Photo
- - - - -

[NOT DEAD] Hyrule Historia [Art Book] - $19.24/CE (Limited to 4,000) (Jan 2013)

• Please log in to reply
2575 replies to this topic

#1441 Usarocker

Usarocker

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:52 PM

So I apologize in advance I'm a little late to the party. I skimmed this forum to try and find an answer. I ordered the CE from amazon usa back in Novemeber. It still shows as an order in my history with a delivery date of FEB 14. But I see all these comic book shops have already received the CE. So should i still be expecting amazon to be sending me on? I'm confused as why these comic shops have recieved the CE already.

Debating if I should order one from amazon.de

#1442 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:52 PM

BS. I've returned my fair share of things and gotten price adjustments on several limited editions. Amazon isn't going to ban you.

We've had a couple of cags post about their experiences being banned from Amazon before for the aforementioned reasons.

It was noted on SD before too.

#1443 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:55 PM

I'm not worried, nor should anyone be worried about asking Amazon to compensate for their shitty shipping.

That in itself is true and I'm not arguing against that. If I got one of these (or something like it) all banged up I'd contact CS too.

Like Donut said back a few years ago I think it was there was a big thread on SD about people being banned. For all I know for sure though maybe they haven't actually banned a single person since. I don't know.

#1444 Boss

Boss

Bowser the Great

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:57 PM

So I apologize in advance I'm a little late to the party. I skimmed this forum to try and find an answer. I ordered the CE from amazon usa back in Novemeber. It still shows as an order in my history with a delivery date of FEB 14. But I see all these comic book shops have already received the CE. So should i still be expecting amazon to be sending me on? I'm confused as why these comic shops have recieved the CE already.

Debating if I should order one from amazon.de

Amazon will honor a manufactures street date. Little comic shops, not so much if they can flip it for more faster.

bossslyfm2.jpg

GameTZ -- TGN -- Ebay

#1445 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:57 PM

amazon down for anyone else?
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#1446 Boss

Boss

Bowser the Great

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:58 PM

Book mark http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/

Amazon.com is DOWN for everyone.
It is not just you. The server is not responding..

bossslyfm2.jpg

GameTZ -- TGN -- Ebay

#1447 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:58 PM

Yep. Craziness! I bet they're working on banning cakefoo! ;)

#1448 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:00 PM

well..
amazon.com doesn't work BUT
rewrite.amazon.com does
weird

now playing:

#1449 binici

binici

www.TheTradeBox.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:02 PM

Amazon.de is up :whee:
ANyhow, down with cakefoo, right?

#1450 EdgeCrusher36

EdgeCrusher36

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:07 PM

We've had a couple of cags post about their experiences being banned from Amazon before for the aforementioned reasons.

It was noted on SD before too.

Slickdeals is not exactly the moral compass to make judgments about in terms of why someone is banned though ;)

#1451 cakefoo

cakefoo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:09 PM

We've ALL been banned from Amazon :O

#1452 Boss

Boss

Bowser the Great

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:11 PM

Amazon Sold to Google! Google Checkout now leader. /end

PS I lied

bossslyfm2.jpg

GameTZ -- TGN -- Ebay

#1453 Minions

Minions

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:12 PM

Dunno it went down then I was able to access, looks like its down again.

Glad I don't work IT for them right now. I bet each minute of down time costs then 2-3 grand in potential sales.

#1454 falcinator

falcinator

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:22 PM

Cool! I tired desperately yesterday to track a copy at local comic shops to no avail, so I hope this UK order actually follows through! Good to know I wasn't the only recipient!

I got one this morning. I went ahead and payed it even though I was able to get a copy from my local comic book store. It comes out to $26 for shipping. So the total is around $82.

#1455 CGlade

CGlade

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:25 PM

Glad I don't work IT for them right now. I bet each minute of down time costs then 2-3 grand in potential sales.

I bet it is way more. They make serious bank.

#1456 forthenguyen

forthenguyen

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:26 PM

Would buy off of amazon.de but all I have is Amazon GC's that don't convert to euros. I'm running tight on money and have more in Amazon credit than real cash :(. Do you guys think I would be able to get Amazon CS to help me with my purchase?

#1457 Usarocker

Usarocker

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:27 PM

Amazon will honor a manufactures street date. Little comic shops, not so much if they can flip it for more faster.

Ahh okay ya I kept seeing these posts from people receiving their online orders from these comic book shops online. I was getting worried.

So it technically hasn't been released yet. Okay. Well I guess I will hold off on the amazon.de order then. Or do u think I should order it from there too.

#1458 cjenvy

cjenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:30 PM

the site isnt actually down if you go directly by link to your cart it works and searching the site works so it appears to only be the main page thats down

#1459 binici

binici

www.TheTradeBox.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:34 PM

Ahh okay ya I kept seeing these posts from people receiving their online orders from these comic book shops online. I was getting worried.

So it technically hasn't been released yet. Okay. Well I guess I will hold off on the amazon.de order then. Or do u think I should order it from there too.

Well, if you for sure pre-ordered back then, you most 99% guaranted to receive it from Amazon.com. I asked a few others from different forums and they said that Amazon.com and Amazon.(whatever) will most likely have a limited fulfillment qty's.

If you don't order on time then you will probably receive a cancel notification.

Only time will tell!

#1460 Zombiekillz9

Zombiekillz9

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:36 PM

got my book today no corner damage :D
Posted Image

"The spell is nearly complete! The demon king returns!" - Ghirahim, Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, 2011 :applause:

#1461 Yamato

Yamato

not motivated

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:42 PM

got my book today no corner damage :D

your avatar matches perfectly with this.

#1462 gepet0

gepet0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:50 PM

more like hyrule histeria. MAn I hope all who wants one gets one.

#1463 sadboy

sadboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:50 PM

your avatar matches perfectly with this.

I would buy Hyrule Historia if it had artwork like that.

#1464 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:16 PM

Slickdeals is not exactly the moral compass to make judgments about in terms of why someone is banned though ;)

You won't get an argument from me :)

#1465 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:22 PM

I ordered one on the 22nd and it still hasn't shipped. Amazon told me they are out of stock right now. I told them I placed the order when you were taking pre-orders. Gave me the runaround.

That has never happened with Amazon before to me. If I place an order when they are taking pre-orders or the item is in stock, it usually ships right away.

Not sure what the delay is, but whatever...

#1466 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:27 PM

they likely shipped out the 1 day/ 2day prime shipping orders first..
so if you ordered the standard shipping, then yeah..enjoy the wait

now playing:

#1467 scottman

scottman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:30 PM

I don't even know WTF I just did, but I received a confirmation! $100 for 2nd day air, but saved $25 for the standard shipping...

Let's hope this is legit?

Most people think they won't be getting any. amazon.co.uk had preorders up for a while, but cancelled everybody a few days ago.

#1468 cjenvy

cjenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:33 PM

I ordered one on the 22nd and it still hasn't shipped. Amazon told me they are out of stock right now. I told them I placed the order when you were taking pre-orders. Gave me the runaround.

That has never happened with Amazon before to me. If I place an order when they are taking pre-orders or the item is in stock, it usually ships right away.

if the rep acted like that i'd recontact support point out how the rep lied to you and wasnt polite since it's still in stock according to their website and my replacement shipped yesterday and see if they can either get your order shipped or throw you a partial credit to make up for the delay as these are the legitimate reasons to get a credit from them

#1469 scottman

scottman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:33 PM

I wonder if all the complaints over little dents and other damage will make them pull the item for a while because "customers have informed us there may be something wrong with the way this product is packaged or shipped".

And it says in stock feb 2, which is technically not in stock right now, so they didn't lie.

#1470 cjenvy

cjenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:36 PM

I wonder if all the complaints over little dents and other damage will make them pull the item for a while because "customers have informed us there may be something wrong with the way this product is packaged or shipped".

And it says in stock feb 2, which is technically not in stock right now, so they didn't lie.

it was in stock a few hours ago but yeah i refreshed my tab(which was open from pre site going down) and it now says that