Photo
- - - - -

[NOT DEAD] Hyrule Historia [Art Book] - $19.24/CE (Limited to 4,000) (Jan 2013)

• Please log in to reply
2575 replies to this topic

#1471 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:01 PM

Well, the CS rep told me that if my item delivery date says between Feb. 1 and Feb. 5, then I will get it by Feb. 5. So I don't think I can get credits as long as I still get my item by the projected date. If it ships Feb. 2, then I will probably get it the 5th because 99% of the time Amazon deliveries take 2-3 days for me.

#1472 josiahb

josiahb

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:14 PM

Well, I got my replacement RE from Amazon today. The box (same small fitting box) was kind of beat up so I wasn't expecting much. To my surprise the book was actually in much better condition than the original one. All the corners were fine, but there was some minor damage on the spine. I'm not happy about it, but it's not that noticeable, nor is it nearly as bad as last time, so I'll definitely be keeping it this time. (Though I'll probably be sending Amazon and email about their shipping.)

#1473 skycat561

skycat561

Veteran Lurker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:24 PM

I tried my local comic shop looking for the CE no luck, and the guy working was like "we'd sell it online if we had it anyway l, it's selling for like 300 bucks" yeah thanks a lot jackwagon. I'll make sure never to buy anything there

#1474 Potatoeman

Potatoeman

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:43 PM

I tried my local comic shop looking for the CE no luck, and the guy working was like "we'd sell it online if we had it anyway l, it's selling for like 300 bucks" yeah thanks a lot jackwagon. I'll make sure never to buy anything there

I went to the only store in my city that got any and got pretty much the same answer.

He told me the night before that they would have 2 extra that had not been claimed, then when I showed up when the shop opened he told me he couldn't give them to anyone. They had originally ordered 10, but only 5 showed up so half the orders were SOL

#1475 binici

binici

www.TheTradeBox.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:29 PM

Most people think they won't be getting any. amazon.co.uk had preorders up for a while, but cancelled everybody a few days ago.

Doh! Perhaps they reverted all the orders to Amazon.de :pray:
I know, wishful thinking, but hey, anything can happen!
At least the standard edition I ordered earlier is ready to ship out, so I'm half content :)

#1476 breakingcustoms

breakingcustoms

Rule The Air

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:17 AM

mine shipped this morning...will update on quality when it comes in

596772.png

#1477 ck76

ck76

Winter is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:24 AM

Mine shipped this afternoon, says should arrive Tuesday. Really excited about this book.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#1478 Siye

Siye

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:41 AM

So let me see if I understand this correctly.

Everyone who preordered the ltd. Ed from Amazon has their order delayed to Feb. Is this correct?
I find this higly unusual. All the local comic book stores appear to have received their copies with TFAW and Forbidden Planet receiving atleast partial stock. Were all the Nintendo World orders fufilled? It looked like these orders went out first....

I just find it stange how Amazon's distro has been completely placed on hold while copies have sold and shipped everywhere else.

It looks like a manufacturing issue/hold up, but to have this effect some stock and not ALL I find to be peculiar. I don't know if I can even believe the release date can be pushed back after so many have already been sold (esp from the official Nintendo store.) It looks like they ran into some problem supplying all the copies on timeand tried to come up with a valid excuse since argueably Amazon has the highest number of sales.

Please tell us if you bought your ltd. Ed from an online retailer and has been completely shipped.

Thanks

#1479 Kyanos

Kyanos

Big Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:55 AM

So let me see if I understand this correctly.

Everyone who preordered the ltd. Ed from Amazon has their order delayed to Feb. Is this correct?
I find this higly unusual. All the local comic book stores appear to have received their copies with TFAW and Forbidden Planet receiving atleast partial stock. Were all the Nintendo World orders fufilled? It looked like these orders went out first....

I just find it stange how Amazon's distro has been completely placed on hold while copies have sold and shipped everywhere else.

It looks like a manufacturing issue/hold up, but to have this effect some stock and not ALL I find to be peculiar. I don't know if I can even believe the release date can be pushed back after so many have already been sold (esp from the official Nintendo store.) It looks like they ran into some problem supplying all the copies on timeand tried to come up with a valid excuse since argueably Amazon has the highest number of sales.

Please tell us if you bought your ltd. Ed from an online retailer and has been completely shipped.

Thanks

I do find the separate release dates strange, however Amazon's release date has been the 12th ever since they took preorders. The whole situation regarding the LE has been rather silly, though.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#1480 Siye

Siye

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:25 AM

I do find the separate release dates strange, however Amazon's release date has been the 12th ever since they took preorders. The whole situation regarding the LE has been rather silly, though.

Oh ok that makes more sense. I'd like to see how this plays out though. Hopefully there are no more issues.

So what we've seen is basically a first wave of the ltd ed and a second wave will hit around the 12th (mostly Amazon I presume). Interesting.

#1481 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:49 AM

Amazon gave me a $5 credit for the dents in my standard edition and sent feedback on to the DC...hopefully they'll pack better in the future!

#1482 Captain Urahara

Captain Urahara

Drop Dead Fred

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:52 AM

My standard had changed to Shipping Soon a few days ago but is now back to Not Yet Shipped. Come on Amazon. Send me my book already.

#1483 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:01 AM

I don't need mine right away. I almost hope mine arrives late, so I can get a credit from them.

#1484 Alkalinejoe

Alkalinejoe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:03 AM

Just got mine via free shipping. Came in a box and was in perfect condition. For $19 this was a great deal from Amazon.
Currently playing:
:360: Dragon's Dogma
:ps3: Bioshock Infinite
:wii: The Last Story
:gc: None
:ps2: .hack//Mutation

XBL: Aerogenji
PSN: Aerogambit

#1485 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:08 AM

Got the regular today. It was actually packed well. It is heavier and bigger than I thought.

#1486 mjnoir1

mjnoir1

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:20 AM

i ordered two copies the minute i saw this post. i recieved them this week they are awesome books. very heavy i wasnt expecting the book to be as heavy as it is. great stock paper and such nicely done. I am giving one as a gift and one for me so im happy i got my hands on them at such a discounted price.

#1487 donut

donut

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:31 AM

Just picked up a limited at the local comic store...
Seem to surprise even the owner he was able to get one for me...

perfect condition
"I'd bet ya dollars to donuts ..."

#1488 shady859

shady859

Big Blue Nation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:37 AM

All these damaged amazon reports have me worried... I've got 2 LEs coming so fingers crossed they don't Fuck um up!

I live near the Hebron KY Amazon hub and know several people who work/worked there. Alot of underpaid and overworked kids who could care less about what they do = bad packaging and damaged items. I once received a single game in huge box stuffed to the gills with bubble packaging. Then you'll get a tiny box that barely fits an item a day later. Total crapshoot sadly but for the most part I've had good luck with Amazon.

#1489 Bazz

Bazz

SamuelElbaz.Blogspot.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:14 AM

Been hoping thinkgeek gets these things instock been checking non stop really want a collectors edition for my collection.

I need 1 more sign up if anyone could help please. http://www.yourfree360games.com/index.php?ref=244985
SamuelElbaz.Blogspot.com-Do me a favor and check it out. Would love to hear your feedback;)

#1490 binici

binici

www.TheTradeBox.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:18 AM

perfect condition

Wow, your store owner is cool. Plenty of sharks around these waters...

#1491 dejeckt

dejeckt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:47 AM

I've read on this thread that couple of people who ordered from forbiddenplanet (didn't clarify if its .com or .co.uk) have been charged for shipping now. I checked both of my orders and paypal, seem nothing has changed for me. Has forbiddenplanet only been charging shipping sporadically/randomly or should I assume there is none in stock now?

#1492 Bandersnatch84

Bandersnatch84

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:21 AM

I've read on this thread that couple of people who ordered from forbiddenplanet (didn't clarify if its .com or .co.uk) have been charged for shipping now. I checked both of my orders and paypal, seem nothing has changed for me. Has forbiddenplanet only been charging shipping sporadically/randomly or should I assume there is none in stock now?

Check your email, or spam folder maybe. It's not an automatic charge. They email you requesting to be paid. The subject line threw me off, thought it was spam for a moment. The subject says:

SCI-FI WAREHOUSE DIRECT LIMITED would like to be paid through PayPal

#1493 falcinator

falcinator

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:29 AM

Mine was .co.uk.

And yes, I received the Sci-Fi warehouse request as well. When googled...it leads directly to the .co.uk forbidden site.

Check your email, or spam folder maybe. It's not an automatic charge. They email you requesting to be paid. The subject line threw me off, thought it was spam for a moment. The subject says:

#1494 dejeckt

dejeckt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:57 AM

Just checked my email, can't seem to find any email like that. Checked my PayPal and found no indication of a request such as that. This kind of sucks cause I remember I was at least one of the first to order off .co.uk site (even though it has a bad reputation) on CAG. I made the order on 10:33:04 Dec 03, 2012 PST apparently.

#1495 SMBScooby

SMBScooby

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:58 AM

perfect condition

My comic book store charged me MSRP which I was happy to pay. He even sold me another one and gave me a 10% discount.

#1496 isa_bly

isa_bly

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:03 AM

I went to my local comic book shop. They had 3 CE copies but they were selling them for $299 each.

#1497 Elusive

Elusive

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:09 AM

I went to my local comic book shop. They had 3 CE copies but they were selling them for $299 each.

That's such a dirty thing to do, mainly because they were given exclusive access to the LE and are now using it to gouge their customers. I would never give them my business after that (not that they'd mind after making a few hundred dollars' profit off of these).

Hell, is it legal for them to do that? I'm assuming it is, but I somehow doubt Dark Horse intended for this to happen.

#1498 Yamato

Yamato

not motivated

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:40 AM

My comic book store charged me MSRP which I was happy to pay. He even sold me another one and gave me a 10% discount.

Wow, nice.

#1499 Potatoeman

Potatoeman

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:41 AM

That's such a dirty thing to do, mainly because they were given exclusive access to the LE and are now using it to gouge their customers. I would never give them my business after that (not that they'd mind after making a few hundred dollars' profit off of these).

Hell, is it legal for them to do that? I'm assuming it is, but I somehow doubt Dark Horse intended for this to happen.

I'm not sure how these shops are supposed to go. A lot of the ones around me seem to randomly price their merch. I really doubt they care either way, although I also doubt anyone is going to pay $300 for this in store, but whadda I know?

#1500 UncleBob

UncleBob

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:59 AM

Loyal (or even casual) customers had their chance to have the local store pre-order a copy for them. If this store was smart enough to order extras, then good for them.
"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy, instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it."