Photo
- - - - -

[NOT DEAD] Hyrule Historia [Art Book] - $19.24/CE (Limited to 4,000) (Jan 2013)

• Please log in to reply
2575 replies to this topic

#1801 cjenvy

cjenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:32 PM

well the price is rising on amazon

#1802 kitlink

kitlink

I just like dancin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:52 PM

I don't know what it is, but Amazon seems to be taking way longer than usual to ships items for me lately. Took them 3 or 4 days after release to ship out my Hyrule Historia, and I ordered a game from them on Thursday that was in stock(and still is) and that still hasn't shipped either.

Not sure what's up with them lately. Usually my orders ship in under 24 hours and many have shipped on Saturdays and Sundays.

Same here. Lately they've been waiting until a day or two before the last day of the delivery estimate and just sending it via 2 day.

I'm still waiting on both my regular and limited to ship, and I placed my orders on 8/17 and 11/25 respectively.

#1803 EdgeCrusher36

EdgeCrusher36

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:24 PM

Just as an update, my LE order (ordered on nov. 25th) finally hit shipping soon this morning, with a delivery of wednesday. Must have just been the distribution center being late to get the item ready before the weekend, like I stated before with my past orders. I guess my distribution center sucks.

#1804 sephiroth61787

sephiroth61787

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:33 PM

Yeah, people say support your local comic book shop, but there is no way I would even give one the light of day with the type of things they do. Comic Book shops always charge top retail prices and it is becoming a sad trend today that they just abuse their ability to buy direct from retailers. They buy as many of these LE copies they can get and just become resellers. They are brick and mortar price gougers.

They will never make me a customer with these type of actions. Sure, I am willing to pay an extra dollar to support a local business and I appreciate great customer service. How do you expect me to support your business with these type of actions? At least big retail business doesn't exploit the gouging market . If they have something they will sell it to you at retail and make a customer out of you.

I am not talking out of my ass either. When the Sky came out I called many comic book dealers and one in particular proved to me the road many of them were heading in. He told me he called dark horse and told them to ship him as many copies as possible. I asked him was it for your customers? He laughed and said hell no my customer base isn't interested in that kind of stuff. I just knew it would become super rare so I hoarded as many copies as I could to resell them. Many other comic book stores in my area took the item off of their retail shelf as soon as they learned about the price it was going for or they never intended to sell it for under 2-3x the original price.

Tell me how it is in the least bit moral to call a publisher to hoard as many copies as possible of something and not having the intention to ever sell it in your store? It is like gamestop buying ps4s from Sony and not stocking their stores with part of their supply just to sell it on ebay for twice as much on launch.

Comic shops do not always charge MSRP. In many cases, if you are a frequent customer at their store, they usually give you a subscribers discount. I get 20% off my purchases because of my in-store subscription list. If I want to Pre-order something through Diamond, they usually do the best they can in getting the item for me.

That being said, for trades and books such as this, getting it through Amazon is a better deal. I still support my comic shop as much as I can. Not all of them are price-gougers.

#1805 EdgeCrusher36

EdgeCrusher36

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:46 PM

Comic shops do not always charge MSRP. In many cases, if you are a frequent customer at their store, they usually give you a subscribers discount. I get 20% off my purchases because of my in-store subscription list. If I want to Pre-order something through Diamond, they usually do the best they can in getting the item for me.

That being said, for trades and books such as this, getting it through Amazon is a better deal. I still support my comic shop as much as I can. Not all of them are price-gougers.

Its just like any other type of retail establishment, best one I can think of is gamestop. A lot of them are horrible horrible places, but there are a few that are pretty damn awesome. If you get to know someone there and have a good relationship with them, it makes for great deals and a good time. Unfortunately all the comic book shops around here are ran by "simpson's comic book guy" stereotypes that talk down to you and want insane amount of money for anything of value.

#1806 FrostySweetness

FrostySweetness

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:07 PM

I been following this thread for days! Well I been a very active viewer of CheapAssGamer period, lol. Glad to had finally joined.

I am still waiting for an email about my copy too. I ordered at like 4:30 pm Central Time on November 25th--just less than two hours away from some of these people, and the game still was in stock for a while after that.

I am very nervous about it and have been actively checking my email. Hopefully I'll get an email confirmation later on...and if my order ends up canceled, then oh well. I am not spending $300+ on a book. I'll do $100-200 at most, which wil be a bargain (and still reasonable considering how the book goes, it's like double its MSRP tbh), plus if time comes where I must resell it for some reason, then it should get more.

I plan on keeping my copy. I am a new artbook collector and it will be a great second artbook. I was expecting it to be my first, but my Dead Space clamshell ediiton surprised me.

If I ever was to sell though, I would do an auction starting at the price I got my book at, plus ebay fees and the right shipping, so I can at least break even or get a bit of profit. Then people can bid up...it's like the buyer setting their own price, like how much is it worth to them.

Lol, yeah, getting more than one is kind of selfish, but then it is your money. It is annoying during these times of course, but then it isn't like they are hoarding food while others are starving or something. I guess I can't blame people for flipping or wanting to make a profit...it just sucks for the average consumer when he cannot get it at MSRP or at all especially if he isn't a supporter of the flippers.

I just ordered me a regular edition just in case I miss out on this. I don't want to miss out on the book altogether. Idk how long will it be on sale, and Dark Horse books usually do not stay on sale like general books--you can't just always buy them. And $20 is a good deal. My RE has 3 weeks till it ships anyways says Amazon.

But yeah, keeping my fingers crossed for everyone!

#1807 starscream615

starscream615

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:29 PM

LE shipped!!!

#1808 EdgeCrusher36

EdgeCrusher36

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:29 PM

I been following this thread for days! Well I been a very active viewer of CheapAssGamer period, lol. Glad to had finally joined.

I am still waiting for an email about my copy too. I ordered at like 4:30 pm Central Time on November 25th--just less than two hours away from some of these people, and the game still was in stock for a while after that.

I am very nervous about it and have been actively checking my email. Hopefully I'll get an email confirmation later on...and if my order ends up canceled, then oh well. I am not spending $300+ on a book. I'll do $100-200 at most, which wil be a bargain (and still reasonable considering how the book goes, it's like double its MSRP tbh), plus if time comes where I must resell it for some reason, then it should get more.

I plan on keeping my copy. I am a new artbook collector and it will be a great second artbook. I was expecting it to be my first, but my Dead Space clamshell ediiton surprised me.

If I ever was to sell though, I would do an auction starting at the price I got my book at, plus ebay fees and the right shipping, so I can at least break even or get a bit of profit. Then people can bid up...it's like the buyer setting their own price, like how much is it worth to them.

Lol, yeah, getting more than one is kind of selfish, but then it is your money. It is annoying during these times of course, but then it isn't like they are hoarding food while others are starving or something. I guess I can't blame people for flipping or wanting to make a profit...it just sucks for the average consumer when he cannot get it at MSRP or at all especially if he isn't a supporter of the flippers.

I just ordered me a regular edition just in case I miss out on this. I don't want to miss out on the book altogether. Idk how long will it be on sale, and Dark Horse books usually do not stay on sale like general books--you can't just always buy them. And $20 is a good deal. My RE has 3 weeks till it ships anyways says Amazon.

But yeah, keeping my fingers crossed for everyone!

If you're new to the artbook buying, prepare for the addiction. I use to tell my wife that I hated guides and art books, and what a waste they were. Then I picked up a few really cheap collector's edition ones on amazon and got hooked on it. I now have a metal bookshelf full of CE guides and a regular bookshelf filling up with artbooks. If you got the CE and the regular, since theres no real difference other than the outside, if you are wanting to collect it for whatever reason, probably shouldn't open the CE unless you just want to show it off. Just as a word of advice :D

#1809 Chaltier

Chaltier

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:51 PM

Yay, my LE from Amazon shipped this morning.:D

#1810 Prison Mike

Prison Mike

Don't Drop The Soap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:07 PM

Considering how bad Amazon has been packaging books lately,

EX: Ni No Kuni guide, Hyrule Historia (Regular edition)

If your LE is on route, please report back on the condition. Mines will be arriving tomorrow and I'm hoping it doesn't come all banged up lol

#1811 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:13 PM

If your LE is on route, please report back on the condition. Mines will be arriving tomorrow and I'm hoping it doesn't come all banged up lol

Yeah, I'm wondering how many copies might get damaged by their crappy shipping.

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Valhalla Knights 3 - :-|

:ps3: Zone of the Enders 2nd Runner HD - :-|

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#1812 tossup

tossup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:21 PM

Yeah, I'm wondering how many copies might get damaged by their crappy shipping.

I just checked and mine is arriving via FedEx Smartpost. I am now terrified of what the USPS will inflict on this box in the last stretch of delivery. The last time I had smartpost my mailman shoved an oversized box in my mailbox and left most of it hanging out into the road.

#1813 Prison Mike

Prison Mike

Don't Drop The Soap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:28 PM

I just checked and mine is arriving via FedEx Smartpost. I am now terrified of what the USPS will inflict on this box in the last stretch of delivery. The last time I had smartpost my mailman shoved an oversized box in my mailbox and left most of it hanging out into the road.

My Ni No Kuni guide (very thick book) was shipped via FedEx Smartpost and it arrived in one of those cardboard flaps which is probably the worst packaging ever for a book.

Surprisingly, there was no damage to it. Probably due to the fact that it only had to travel 30 minutes from the warehouse to my location :roll:

#1814 thefunkyredcaboose

thefunkyredcaboose

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:17 PM

Just a heads up to those on the fence, if your favorite Zelda games are the first 4 (LoZ, AoL, LttP, and LA) the art in this book is kind of a disappointment. It's pretty and has some amazing art for the later games, but as a tribute to the series as a whole it is rather lacking outside of the timeline section. I still feel like it was worth it for the cost, but glad I didn't spend more than 19 bones.

#1815 FrostySweetness

FrostySweetness

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:23 PM

If you're new to the artbook buying, prepare for the addiction. I use to tell my wife that I hated guides and art books, and what a waste they were. Then I picked up a few really cheap collector's edition ones on amazon and got hooked on it. I now have a metal bookshelf full of CE guides and a regular bookshelf filling up with artbooks. If you got the CE and the regular, since theres no real difference other than the outside, if you are wanting to collect it for whatever reason, probably shouldn't open the CE unless you just want to show it off. Just as a word of advice :D

Yeah, it is addicting. I remember when I first opened my Dead Space 3 artbook and it was just so beautiful and well done. It was just so astounding and descriptive. Before I got into artbooks, I was like, "What can be so good about a bunch of rendered pictures?" But I see, lol.

Well I am trying to decide what to do with my limited edition. My boyfriend and I want to have a gaming room with a collection of stuff when we marry and get out own place. I was thinking of opening it, and displaying it on a shelf with a book stand and have the book open to the middle. Put it waaaay up there so people will know it is a no-no, or one day after kids, they cannot get to it and color in it, because I know we cannot have anything with kids. I was one of those terrors that broke everything my parents had, like their glass table at 3 yrs old and colored on the walls.

If I decide to get the regular edition, it'd be for me or anyone just to read casually. I know that I would want to read thru my book and look at all the pictures.

But yeah, Amazon's book packaging sucks, but then my Dead Space 3 clamshell came with the edge kinda smashed and that was shipped in a nice, big box. It is just no right way of shipping these books. I got the Ni No Kuni limited edition book too and even with Amazon's shoddy packaging, it arrived in perfect shape. It is just a given chance for these things, I guess.

#1816 NiiNJA

NiiNJA

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:26 PM

just got this email from forbiddenplanet.com 15 mins ago (snipped a few things to make it shorter). according to an online converter, its going to cost $113!

Thank you for your order. A response is required before we can proceed.

----- Legend Of Zelda: Hyrule Historia (Limited Edition Hardcover) x 1 (Queried - International Shipping – Awaiting confirmation)

The shipping charge for your entire order will be GBP £ 33.00. The total of your entire order including the shipping rate will be GBP £ 71.99

Please note your order will not be processed and your card will not be charged until we have received confirmation to this email to state that you are happy with the shipping quote.

If we have not received a reply within 7 working days regretfully we will have to cancel your order. Please quote your transaction number in correspondence to your order.

We look forward to your response, Forbidden Planet Mail Order Team.

#1817 FatherChesz

FatherChesz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:28 PM

My LE is in the mail, should be in my hands within an hour or 2. God I hope my lucky streak with undamaged books keeps going.

#1818 binici

binici

www.TheTradeBox.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:36 PM

So, anyone else receive there CE book from B&N?
Looks like Amazon is staying on top of shipping the books.

#1819 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:42 PM

just got this email from forbiddenplanet.com 15 mins ago (snipped a few things to make it shorter). according to an online converter, its going to cost $113!

Thank you for your order. A response is required before we can proceed.

----- Legend Of Zelda: Hyrule Historia (Limited Edition Hardcover) x 1 (Queried - International Shipping – Awaiting confirmation)

The shipping charge for your entire order will be GBP £ 33.00. The total of your entire order including the shipping rate will be GBP £ 71.99

Please note your order will not be processed and your card will not be charged until we have received confirmation to this email to state that you are happy with the shipping quote.

If we have not received a reply within 7 working days regretfully we will have to cancel your order. Please quote your transaction number in correspondence to your order.

We look forward to your response, Forbidden Planet Mail Order Team.

I got the same e-mail except I ordered two and they are doubling the shipping rate to GBP £ 66.00

Dear GBAstar,

Thank you for your order.

A response is required before we can proceed.

----- 2758985 Legend Of Zelda: Hyrule Historia (Limited Edition Hardcover) x 1 (Queried - International Shipping – Awaiting confirmation)

----- 2758985 Legend Of Zelda: Hyrule Historia (Limited Edition Hardcover) x 1 (Queried - International Shipping – Awaiting confirmation)

The shipping charge for your entire order will be GBP £ 66.00

The total of your entire order including the shipping rate will be GBP £ 182.97

(For an accurate conversion rate we recommend you check the current exchange rate)

If we have not received a reply within 7 working days regretfully we will have to cancel your order.

Please quote your transaction number in correspondence to your order.

We look forward to your response,

Forbidden Planet Mail Order Team.

So my total cost will be well over $100USD per book. I guess that isn't that unreasonable considering some of the after market prices these are reaching but I'm more concerned that I get both copies in pristine condition. I'm not sure how forbiddenplanet handles returns but I don't want to have to pay return shipping if they are damaged.

Also are the guides they are selling the same exact as the CE guides sold in the U.S.? Or are they slightly different?

#1820 Youngnoble

Youngnoble

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:48 PM

66 pounds is one nasty charge. They better double box it at least. I got for the total $288.14, so $144 a piece. Almost not worth it.

#1821 The Holy Pretzle

The Holy Pretzle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:59 PM

Yikes, that's a nasty charge. For that price they better arrive in pristine condition.

#1822 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:00 PM

66 pounds is one nasty charge. They better double box it at least. I got for the total $288.14, so $144 a piece. Almost not worth it.

Yeah I agree. I don't understand how Zavvi ships things free or at low cost and forbidden planet charges so much.

I get international shipping is expensive but assuming this weighs 10lb - 12lbs it wouldn't cost them 66 pounds. I'm going to guess of the top of my head it'd be closer to $70USD

#1823 Strell

Strell

LOBSTERS!....IN MY PANTS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:00 PM

My local comic ship came through with an LE. That is AWESOME.

Posted Image
Aminal Crossing: Strell@Tazmily, 2836-3590- 0819

"One of the more...amusing screwballs around here..." - shrike4242
Join the El Hoardo Fan Club!
Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#1824 Youngnoble

Youngnoble

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:10 PM

Yeah I agree. I don't understand how Zavvi ships things free or at low cost and forbidden planet charges so much.

I get international shipping is expensive but assuming this weighs 10lb - 12lbs it wouldn't cost them 66 pounds. I'm going to guess of the top of my head it'd be closer to $70USD

Looks like their just charging a standard rate per book, their charging 33 pounds to ship a single copy. It should cost only a little more to ship 2 together. Not really fair but what can you do.

#1825 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:25 PM

Also are the guides they are selling the same exact as the CE guides sold in the U.S.? Or are they slightly different?

Wondering this too still. Anyone know?

#1826 FatherChesz

FatherChesz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:19 PM

Fucking assholes! My LE was tossed into a box with some flat air shippers thrown on top. The corners are ALL rubbed and ripped. They just had to Fuck up this one!

#1827 scottman

scottman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:33 PM

Got the email about 33 pound delivery from forbiddenplanet.com.

Also got an email from forbiddenplanet.co.uk asking for 16.48 pounds for delivery. Much more reasonable.

Looks like forbiddenplanet.com is trying to inflate their shipping for some extra profit. Forbiddenplanet.co.uk gets my business in the future.

Might even cancel forbiddenplanet.com that comes to $116 after shipping. Shipping is almost more than the book itself. Anyone order from them before and remember the shipping costs?

Makes you more appreciative of amazon.co.uk shipping rates.

Edited by scottman, 04 February 2013 - 06:57 PM.

#1828 Yamato

Yamato

not motivated

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:33 PM

Fucking assholes! My LE was tossed into a box with some flat air shippers thrown on top. The corners are ALL rubbed and ripped. They just had to Fuck up this one!

Surely you'll complain to amazon, so let us know what they say.

#1829 dejeckt

dejeckt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:42 PM

Got the email about 33 pound delivery from forbiddenplanet.com.

Also got an email from forbiddenplanet.co.uk asking for 16.48 pounds for delivery. Much more reasonable.

Looks like forbiddenplanet.com is trying to inflate their shipping for some extra profit. Forbiddenplanet.co.uk gets my business in the future.

Might even cancel forbiddenplanet.com that comes to $116 after shipping. Shipping is almost more than the book itself.

I got both too. Made the paypal payment for fp.co.uk one, but still haven't got a shipping confirmation of some sort.

Question is...do they both have the limited edition? Tried asking Dark Horse customer service which ForbiddenPlanet actually has the limited edition, and got no answer. Seeing how past reviews of fp.co.uk reflect poorly, is their a chance they might send us the regular edition without warning? Considering of just confirming my order with fp.com, but $120 seems like a hefty price (still lower than ebay).

Still hoping on ThinkGeek will come through. I think overall ordering from ThinkGeek would be more reliable than either of the two forbiddenplanets.

So far it seems I got lucky with my Amazon shipping for the Ni No Kuni guide and Hyrule Historia (regular). Although, their is a slight nick on my Hyrule Historia. In my experience, stuff that comes in the least packaged (meaning box being too big, with minimal cushioning) always seem to come in better shape than stuff more securely packaged. Examples: Hyrule Historia came in one of those carboard text book envelope type, which I thought was more secure, and still managed to get nick. Ni No Kuni guide came in an oversized box with two air pillow thingies, and that one came in perfect. Previously I ordered a Scarface Steelbook and first time through came in cardboard envelope, and the steelbook was dented to hell. I exchanged it and the new one came in a thin vinyl/plastic envelope, and that one came perfect.

#1830 phogoodness

phogoodness

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:45 PM

I can totally understand the rage. I would be furious since this was a limited item. Amazon's shipping is a big roll of the dice. You should at least contact them to see they will refund half of the price or something.