Photo
- - - - -

[NOT DEAD] Hyrule Historia [Art Book] - $19.24/CE (Limited to 4,000) (Jan 2013)

• Please log in to reply
2575 replies to this topic

#1831 Youngnoble

Youngnoble

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:51 PM

Fucking assholes! My LE was tossed into a box with some flat air shippers thrown on top. The corners are ALL rubbed and ripped. They just had to Fuck up this one!

That sucks. How many will be destroyed because of poor packing?

#1832 scottman

scottman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:52 PM

Question is...do they both have the limited edition? Tried asking Dark Horse customer service which ForbiddenPlanet actually has the limited edition, and got no answer. Seeing how past reviews of fp.co.uk reflect poorly, is their a chance they might send us the regular edition without warning?

You can ask them since it seems they have human people manning the customer service, but my email listed it as "Ltd" so I'm hoping they have them clearly separate.

#1833 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:06 PM

Fucking assholes! My LE was tossed into a box with some flat air shippers thrown on top. The corners are ALL rubbed and ripped. They just had to Fuck up this one!

Oh boy...mine will be here any time. Christ I hope these aren't fucked up. I don't know why they dont do something like GBA says and offer a service for a fair charge to properly pack items like this. I'd easily pay $5-$10 for some things just so I dont have to worry about shit like this.

#1834 scottman

scottman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:10 PM

That's how my regular was shipped but it arrived OK. Guess it depends how bumpy the ride is.

#1835 binici

binici

www.TheTradeBox.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:12 PM

Ok, so I was waiting for confirmation before I posted this, but my CE shipped from B&N today. Interesting thing was that I made a purchase last Friday evening at one of the local stores.

I am really intrigued now to see if in fact it is legit! My credit card was charged and the shipping is made through UPS, which has a tracking #.

Now I just hope that it does arrive on the estimated date of 2/8.

#1836 Youngnoble

Youngnoble

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:14 PM

That's how my regular was shipped but it arrived OK. Guess it depends how bumpy the ride is.

The problem is what the cover of the LE is made of. Rubbing against the shipping box can cause wear or tear it. Sadly I don't think this will be a isolated incident.

#1837 KingofGames

KingofGames

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:17 PM

Did you talk to your local B&N that day, or do you think it is just a coincidence that you shopped at B&N and then had your "cancelled" order fulfilled?

Posted Image

#1838 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:19 PM

Oh boy...mine will be here any time. Christ I hope these aren't fucked up. I don't know why they dont do something like GBA says and offer a service for a fair charge to properly pack items like this. I'd easily pay $5-$10 for some things just so I dont have to worry about shit like this.

I don't even think they'd expect $5-10. Big Bad Toy Store (BBTS) offers premium shipping and it is something like $3 extra and it guarantees the item will arrive in high grade quality. Now BBTS is small fries compared to Amazon. The extra weight/time that it cost Amazon to ship one of those would most likely be less then a dollar. It would actually be a money maker for them to charge $2 to $3 extra for premium packaging and handling the only problem is they would have to hold the employees in the warehouse accountable and they'd have to figure out what to do if you paid for the upgrade and they still packaged the item like crap

#1839 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:19 PM

Ok, so I was waiting for confirmation before I posted this, but my CE shipped from B&N today. Interesting thing was that I made a purchase last Friday evening at one of the local stores.

I am really intrigued now to see if in fact it is legit! My credit card was charged and the shipping is made through UPS, which has a tracking #.

Now I just hope that it does arrive on the estimated date of 2/8.

So you got a shipping confirmation email?

#1840 EdgeCrusher36

EdgeCrusher36

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:20 PM

Yeah, it is addicting. I remember when I first opened my Dead Space 3 artbook and it was just so beautiful and well done. It was just so astounding and descriptive. Before I got into artbooks, I was like, "What can be so good about a bunch of rendered pictures?" But I see, lol.

Well I am trying to decide what to do with my limited edition. My boyfriend and I want to have a gaming room with a collection of stuff when we marry and get out own place. I was thinking of opening it, and displaying it on a shelf with a book stand and have the book open to the middle. Put it waaaay up there so people will know it is a no-no, or one day after kids, they cannot get to it and color in it, because I know we cannot have anything with kids. I was one of those terrors that broke everything my parents had, like their glass table at 3 yrs old and colored on the walls.

If I decide to get the regular edition, it'd be for me or anyone just to read casually. I know that I would want to read thru my book and look at all the pictures.

But yeah, Amazon's book packaging sucks, but then my Dead Space 3 clamshell came with the edge kinda smashed and that was shipped in a nice, big box. It is just no right way of shipping these books. I got the Ni No Kuni limited edition book too and even with Amazon's shoddy packaging, it arrived in perfect shape. It is just a given chance for these things, I guess.

Surprisingly, my dead space 3 clamshell came in a box that looked like ups threw it down stairs like a slinky. It remained undamaged though through it some how.

Oh man, if that's the case, I am so fucked.

#1841 botticus

botticus

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:21 PM

I don't even think they'd expect $5-10. Big Bad Toy Store (BBTS) offers premium shipping and it is something like $3 extra and it guarantees the item will arrive in high grade quality. Now BBTS is small fries compared to Amazon. The extra weight/time that it cost Amazon to ship one of those would most likely be less then a dollar. It would actually be a money maker for them to charge $2 to $3 extra for premium packaging and handling the only problem is they would have to hold the employees in the warehouse accountable and they'd have to figure out what to do if you paid for the upgrade and they still packaged the item like crap

It wouldn't even really change their process, because half the time I order books from Amazon, they come shrinkwrapped to cardboard. It's not some new shipping practice they'd have to develop. Hell, standardizing the process would probably be cheaper for them without getting paid extra for anything.

#1842 scottman

scottman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:25 PM

Oh man, if that's the case, I am so fucked.

With a name like EdgeCrusher, you think you would be used to crushed edges.

#1843 binici

binici

www.TheTradeBox.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:37 PM

So you got a shipping confirmation email?

Yes, I received an email with the purchase confirmation. Yesterday received an update email from B&N with the UPS shipping info.

The weird thing was that certain B&N stores were able to order the CE. Some stores could pull the CE from their inventory list and other stores would only give me details on the SE book.

I would call and find out (YMMV). You would have to pay in full at the store to receive it in store or have it shipped for free.

#1844 FatherChesz

FatherChesz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:38 PM

Surely you'll complain to amazon, so let us know what they say.

Christ. I've been talking to them for about 20 minutes now. "Yaggna" believes the book will magically come back in stock, and once that happens, they will exchange mine for one shipped in a "secured" box.

Either that, or I straight up get my money back. I tactfully directed them to the product page where scalpers are running wild at 300-500 dollars currently.

Yaggna has promised to email me when the book magically reappears in stock. Damn it, I guess I can either live with some dinged up corners or flip this sucker for a few hundred if prices hold up.

#1845 scottman

scottman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:39 PM

Also finally just got my amazon shipping soon and pending charge. Amazon comes through. Was avoiding making any other amazon orders for a few days so they don't pack the items together.

Edited by scottman, 04 February 2013 - 07:51 PM.

#1846 keine

keine

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:47 PM

phew, my AMZN order has finally entered the shipping soon phase. I guess I can start to relax a little... Until it probably arrives smashed. :(
Posted Image "I want me some glory hole." -The Great Jerry Jones

#1847 Yamato

Yamato

not motivated

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:15 PM

Christ. I've been talking to them for about 20 minutes now. "Yaggna" believes the book will magically come back in stock, and once that happens, they will exchange mine for one shipped in a "secured" box.

Either that, or I straight up get my money back. I tactfully directed them to the product page where scalpers are running wild at 300-500 dollars currently.

Yaggna has promised to email me when the book magically reappears in stock. Damn it, I guess I can either live with some dinged up corners or flip this sucker for a few hundred if prices hold up.

Really unfortunate to hear that. You'd think that amazon would know the value of these books and ship them safely.

#1848 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:27 PM

Really unfortunate to hear that. You'd think that amazon would know the value of these books and ship them safely.

It's funny, really, how badly so many companies, including amazon, botch the shipping. It would often cost little to nothing extra to ship things properly. When you add in the cost of return shipping, replacement shipping, refund, partial refunds, etc. they would actually be saving money in the long run. I also mean this for the bajillions of 'boxed' games that I have had arrive damaged and damaged steelbooks, too. I feel that if I could be hied as their overall manager of shipping, I could save them money in the long run, and even make them some due to customer retention. That sounds like a damn resume pitch, doesn't it? lol Maybe this while doctor thing isn't my true calling. lol:roll:

Check out my youtube channel! I do video game collection updates, unboxings, final impressions, and intelligent game industry commentary.  Expect lots of collector's editions, as well as steelbooks from all over the world! :D

http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0

#1849 lurkingsalt

lurkingsalt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:31 PM

Mine has finally shipped. Now that worry is over. It's time to start worrying about damage to the LE.

#1850 Strell

Strell

LOBSTERS!....IN MY PANTS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:33 PM

Maybe this while doctor thing isn't my true calling. lol

"You know what would have stopped your bone from breaking? A box."

Posted Image
Aminal Crossing: Strell@Tazmily, 2836-3590- 0819

"One of the more...amusing screwballs around here..." - shrike4242
Join the El Hoardo Fan Club!
Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#1851 FrostySweetness

FrostySweetness

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:33 PM

Yeah, it is tiring...this Amazon shipping mess. I want to buy The Art of Blizzard Entertainment, but the product has been under review for over a week, and I want to scream at them that the freaking problem is your shipping method, so what is taking so long to put your stock back up on sale again. Then they just did it to the Sonic artbook.

I would not be surprised if they do this to Hyrule Historia with all the complaining I know they are getting from you all. I hope if I ever get my copy (fingers crossed), my limited edition, that it will not be all jacked up. It really takes the appeal out of having 1/4000 when your book comes in all fucked up. Makes it worth absolutely nothing and you care about it less...it would just suck. It's a freaking collectable item. It doesn't matter if the book cost $5...it should have the best packaging.

It's funny how books you don't care about like textbooks come in the absolute best shape, but not stuff like this.

#1852 needler420

needler420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:34 PM

You do realize that you're better off keeping it and selling it vs returning it. You have some entitlement mind set that you think you're going to get to keep the book and be issued a full refund. In some cases that happens but most of the time you'll have to return the product.

I don't get how you can expect a exchange knowing dam well what has happened to the book. You make it sound like their customer service is dumb for telling you it's coming back in stock yet you think a exchange is possible knowing dam well the thing is sold out.

You're options are pretty limited. Per receipt and probably the law in you're state you can

1. Return the item for a full refund ( could cost you shipping or restocking fees)
2. Keep the book and sell it.
3. Dispute the charges with you're bank and expect to get blacklisted from doing business with the company that put that charge through.

I'm not saying you deserve a damaged product but you should at least be able to guess the end results. Even amazon wouldn't just issue you a full refund and tell you to keep the product that's rare.

needler420.png

#1853 The Holy Pretzle

The Holy Pretzle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:42 PM

You do realize that you're better off keeping it and selling it vs returning it. You have some entitlement mind set that you think you're going to get to keep the book and be issued a full refund. In some cases that happens but most of the time you'll have to return the product.

I don't get how you can expect a exchange knowing dam well what has happened to the book. You make it sound like their customer service is dumb for telling you it's coming back in stock yet you think a exchange is possible knowing dam well the thing is sold out.

You're options are pretty limited. Per receipt and probably the law in you're state you can

1. Return the item for a full refund ( could cost you shipping or restocking fees)
2. Keep the book and sell it.
3. Dispute the charges with you're bank and expect to get blacklisted from doing business with the company that put that charge through.

I'm not saying you deserve a damaged product but you should at least be able to guess the end results. Even amazon wouldn't just issue you a full refund and tell you to keep the product that's rare.

Except he never asked about an exchange??? He is understandably upset that his very limited item, which is impossible to replace, and is worth a lot of money, has been damaged unnecessiraly and is seeking responsibility and accountability.

#1854 Yamato

Yamato

not motivated

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:44 PM

"You know what would have stopped your bone from breaking? A box."

"Doctor, I need you to examine my package."

#1855 needler420

needler420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:47 PM

Except he never asked about an exchange??? He is understandably upset that his very limited item, which is impossible to replace, and is worth a lot of money, has been damaged unnecessiraly and is seeking responsibility and accountability.

My point is the book is sold out. He has the 3 options I listed.
I never said the company wasn't in the wrong. They are responsible for the product while it's in transit. And I can understand him being upset.

If someone got a damaged Ni No Kuni wizard edition they are in the same boat. You don't get to make you're own options. Either keep or return it.

Also the product being worth a lot of money by scalpers has nothing to do with the company he ordered it from. In their eyes it's worth MSRP of what he paid. They don't compensate you for inflated prices of a MSRP item like you seem to think he should get compensation for or is a key factor in this or whatever you imply from it. The high price of the book has nothing to do with anything in his case.

My point is the book is sold out. He has the 3 options I listed. One option I forgot to mention that some retailers do in cases like this is give him a partial refund.

Edited by needler420, 04 February 2013 - 09:01 PM.

needler420.png

#1856 scottman

scottman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:48 PM

If it's damaged, they won't charge him shipping or a restocking fee, but in this situation I don't know why he would do that. There has to be some value in getting a good copy vs a damaged copy.

#1857 HydroX

HydroX

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:07 PM

They are responsible for the product while it's in transit.

No, they are not. The vendor chosen to ship the item is responsible. Whether it's UPS, USPS, FedEx, or DHL or whatever... once the item leaves the seller's possession it's on the shipping company. That's why you have the option for insurance on most items, unless it's from a retailer, which most don't offer (although in some cases, I wish they would, like this one). Some companies or sellers just choose to take responsibility for it because they're generous enough to do so.

#1858 Ashlee

Ashlee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:11 PM

My LE arrives today via Fedex, same shipping company that messed up my standard editions! I remember that when the delivery guy delivered my package he left it next to the door in a horizontal position (not like in a flat position as it should) so I guess that damaged the books a little or they were damaged before that? who knows :/ well, I will post the results when it arrives... my hopes of getting a prestine edition are very very low though.

#1859 Danger Moose

Danger Moose

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:23 PM

My LE arrives today via Fedex, same shipping company that messed up my standard editions! I remember that when the delivery guy delivered my package he left it next to the door in a horizontal position (not like in a flat position as it should) so I guess that damaged the books a little or they were damaged before that? who knows :/ well, I will post the results when it arrives... my hopes of getting a prestine edition are very very low though.

I'm sure it was a typo but....

-----------------------------
----------------------------- is Horizontal
||
||
||
||
|| is Vertical

I'm hoping TFAW's option to put the box inbetween cardboard keeps my order from being damaged. I wonder if they will still use it since it normally uses that technique for comics?

#1860 EdgeCrusher36

EdgeCrusher36

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:24 PM

I am curious as to how standing a box up could damage a book, since that's how books are usually stocked.