Photo
- - - - -

[NOT DEAD] Hyrule Historia [Art Book] - $19.24/CE (Limited to 4,000) (Jan 2013)

• Please log in to reply
2575 replies to this topic

#1891 PopCall

PopCall

Proud Member

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:22 AM

Seeing as how you can add 999 to your cart, hard to tell. But I would think it will go unnoticed for a while.

It's more than I would want to pay for it, still don't know how Amazon had the price so low.

:drool:

#1892 RedWulf12

RedWulf12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Mine is still "Not yet shipped" with an est. delivery date of Feb 14th from Amazon. Not sure what's taking so long.

#1893 uiengineer

uiengineer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

So I did the B&N "trick." They told me there were 100 in the warehouse. How can this be? Do you think 4000 is a legit number?

#1894 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Seeing as how you can add 999 to your cart, hard to tell. But I would think it will go unnoticed for a while.

It's more than I would want to pay for it, still don't know how Amazon had the price so low.

:drool:

So this $70 LE book isn't really a limited edition? And how low was amazons price?

#1895 snakeinthegrass

snakeinthegrass

CAGiversary!

• Trading Timeout - Under Review

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:23 AM

I had 4000 in my cart just for fun, so there will definitely be some cancelled orders unless they cap now. I'm surprised they didn't cap at one per customer like they did for the limited run portal guns.

#1896 snakeinthegrass

snakeinthegrass

CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:24 AM

So this $70 LE book isn't really a limited edition? And how low was amazons price?

They just haven't put in their available quantity for whatever reason, and amazon had it for $45.xx when it went up for just one day on November 25th. Mine didn't ship yet so I'm grabbing one of these just in case.

#1897 Ashlee

Ashlee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:24 AM

So I did the B&N "trick." They told me there were 100 in the warehouse. How can this be? Do you think 4000 is a legit number?

As posted above, thinkgeek.com is also selling them, so I would say, no.

#1898 snakeinthegrass

snakeinthegrass

CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:25 AM

Mine is still "Not yet shipped" with an est. delivery date of Feb 14th from Amazon. Not sure what's taking so long.

Are you on the East Coast? i'm in rhode island with the same issue.

#1899 uiengineer

uiengineer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:25 AM

I hate fake LEs. If it is going to be limited, then keep it limited. (I still ordered, though :) )

#1900 Dental

Dental

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:26 AM

Mr.rebate 6% back for thinkgeek

#1901 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:28 AM

I had 4000 in my cart just for fun, so there will definitely be some cancelled orders unless they cap now. I'm surprised they didn't cap at one per customer like they did for the limited run portal guns.

They just haven't put in their available quantity for whatever reason, and amazon had it for $45.xx when it went up for just one day on November 25th. Mine didn't ship yet so I'm grabbing one of these just in case.

I was able to add 1,998 to my cart so it's definitely not capped. I wonder now how many they have in stock. I did order one as I had my eye on it for a while.

#1902 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:28 AM

keep up. Think Geek was announced as an official retailer a long time ago. They just have a habit of not putting anything up for presale. They typically wait until they have their inventory in their warehouse and it is ready to be distributed before they put it up on their website.

#1903 snakeinthegrass

snakeinthegrass

CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:29 AM

Every time you add to your cart, go back to the hyrule historia page and add another 999. it continues adding indefinitely.

#1904 247

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:31 AM

Free shipping on orders over $75.

#1905 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:34 AM

Every time you add to your cart, go back to the hyrule historia page and add another 999. it continues adding indefinitely.

Yep. Which makes me wonder how they're gonna handle the fallout when shit hits the fan tomorrow. Their customer support closed at 7pm so you can't call and ask how many they have.

#1906 ChadThyJuggla

ChadThyJuggla

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:34 AM

Thanks for the tip OP! I had been waiting for them to put it up, was checking multiple times for about the past week. Keeping my fingers crossed that it goes through and I can claim a copy.

#1907 dejeckt

dejeckt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:37 AM

Glad I checked this before heading out to class. I can not feel assured to cancel my other orders.

#1908 Kyanos

Kyanos

Big Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:39 AM

Free shipping on orders over $75.

It would be economy though, depending on how they package it may not be a great idea.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#1909 Dental

Dental

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:42 AM

I can add 5000 copies to my cart. Definitely an inventory error going on here. I can see massive cancellation emails going out tomorrow.

#1910 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:42 AM

It would be economy though, depending on how they package it may not be a great idea.

Does the shipping speed determine the packaging?

#1911 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:43 AM

I can add 5000 copies to my cart. Definitely an inventory error going on here. I can see massive cancellation emails going out tomorrow.

Exactly.

#1912 sirgalahad

sirgalahad

Bastard son of Lancelot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:43 AM

thanks snakeinthegrass---this will be bad, but hopefully not as bas as ninokuni.:hot:

#1913 MoCiWe

MoCiWe

Space Smuggler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:44 AM

Gonna order one and see what happens, thanks OP!
Posted Image

#1914 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:44 AM

It came out to $75, the shipping was free.

Did a store order this for you or was this online? Do any stores even stock it?

#1915 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:46 AM

Does the shipping speed determine the packaging?

No but in theory the longer something takes to be delivered the more it is handled and the more time it spends in a truck/plane processing facility.

#1916 scottman

scottman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

In my experience, BN is bad at packaging items. Received quite a few ripped covers on books and dented tin dvd sets.

Surprised there isn't more excitement thinkgeek finally listed it. Those should definitely be legit if they don't oversell.

#1917 EdgeCrusher36

EdgeCrusher36

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Oh no, tin foil hat time guys! It's somehow not magically limited now that ThingGeek, you know, a major retailer that was listed as gonna be a retailer, just now put their preorder up for it. Dark Horse has truly fucked you all by making more than 4000 due to this late breaking story. ;)

You people, I swear, amaze me to no end.

#1918 isa_bly

isa_bly

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:48 AM

Did a store order this for you or was this online? Do any stores even stock it?

No stores had it in stock. An employee ordered it for me, but said I had to pay in advance and that it was shipping to my home. I called different stores and only one store let me order it by phone.

#1919 Metal Militia

Metal Militia

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:49 AM

Thanks OP placed an order. Hopefully it goes through. :D
Posted Image

#1920 Davivascaino

Davivascaino

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:50 AM