Photo
- - - - -

[NOT DEAD] Hyrule Historia [Art Book] - $19.24/CE (Limited to 4,000) (Jan 2013)

• Please log in to reply
2575 replies to this topic

#1921 starscream615

starscream615

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:50 AM

Up on think geek finally!

#1922 greynavigation

greynavigation

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:53 AM

Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you.
I am so happy right now!
thank you!

#1923 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:56 AM

I am so happy right now!
thank you!

You do know these orders aren't going to be fulfilled, right? And scalpers, like Hemi on the other page, would ruin any chance of that happening. But I'm sure he could sell you one for $140 next week.

#1924 Danger Moose

Danger Moose

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Oh no, tin foil hat time guys! It's somehow not magically limited now that ThingGeek, you know, a major retailer that was listed as gonna be a retailer, just now put their preorder up for it. Dark Horse has truly fucked you all by making more than 4000 due to this late breaking story. ;)

You people, I swear, amaze me to no end.

OMG Think geek is letting me put 99 orders in at once! Major typo by Dark Horse when they're are literally an infinite amount!

#1925 RainFall

RainFall

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

There is almost 0 chance of getting one at this point unless they limited it to 1, and even then...

#1926 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:57 AM

I am so happy right now!
thank you!

I wouldn't celebrate until you physically have this in your hands. A lot can go wrong between website inventory count glitches and shipping as people who ordered from other sites can attest.

#1927 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:59 AM

I am so happy right now!
thank you!

You sure all you're going to do with this book is read it?

#1928 NiiNJA

NiiNJA

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:00 AM

thanks OP. really hoping my order actually goes through

#1929 scottman

scottman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:01 AM

Notice how the page says limited, but the actual cart just calls it hyrule hystoria. Wonder if they are accidentally listing stock of the regular.

But I still think demand for this is not as crazy as you think. If they have a few hundred, it should last a few hours at $80 shipped. Different than $48 or $35 shipped like before.

#1930 Youngnoble

Youngnoble

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:05 AM

The most they could have received is a few hundred if the 4,000 printed is true. If someones not monitoring stock there's going to be a lot of disappointed people tomorrow. Why there allowing you to order more then 1 is another huge mistake. We'll have another Play Canada on our hands.

#1931 scottman

scottman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:07 AM

It should be 8pm in VA right now, so I wonder if they even have anybody watching this on shift.

#1932 247

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:08 AM

How will they deal with cancellations?

#1933 winterlane

winterlane

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:09 AM

The only other high demand items I can remember ThinkGeek selling were the Portal replicas, and they seemed to have good inventory control on those without overselling. I'm not sure what to think at this point now that they're still available an hour later.

#1934 sadboy

sadboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:10 AM

OMG Think geek is letting me put 99 orders in at once! Major typo by Dark Horse when they're are literally an infinite amount!

Do it! :evil:

#1935 binici

binici

www.TheTradeBox.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:10 AM

I just feel sorry for all the people who purchased them over priced from shops or eBay. This has been one screwed up release!

#1936 ebaymarcaro

ebaymarcaro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:11 AM

Thanks!!! There was no limit on the number I could add to my cart, but when I tried to checkout, it complained at the last step until I changed the quantity to 1. Not sure if others had that issue.

#1937 Youngnoble

Youngnoble

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:11 AM

It's already got 96 likes on facebook. This page is being hit hard. There's no way with most buying multiples that they still have stock.

#1938 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:12 AM

It's already got 96 likes on facebook. This page is being hit hard. There's no way with most buying multiples that they still have stock.

Ugh... I placed an order because I don't think TFAW will fulfill mine. But given that this has been up for nearly an hour now, I doubt I'll get one. I'm sure flippers have been buying them by the dozens, if not hundreds, since there's no quantity limit.

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Uncharted: Golden Abyss - :)

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :-|

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related Goodies║Wantlist║

#1939 Davivascaino

Davivascaino

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:12 AM

this might be an error of thinkgeek, not dark comic. I bought at thinkgeek , but not sure if it will go though.
Just checked their website, and it says limited too 4000 copies.

DaviVascaino.png         Davivascaino.png

#1940 Youngnoble

Youngnoble

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:13 AM

Thanks!!! There was no limit on the number I could add to my cart, but when I tried to checkout, it complained at the last step until I changed the quantity to 1. Not sure if others had that issue.

They must be monitoring it now. It allowed me and many others to buy 2.

#1941 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:13 AM

Put in an order , why not. If i get it, ill have one standard and one LE.

#1942 Ashlee

Ashlee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:17 AM

Unbelievable, I ordered another regular edition for my brother so Amazon would ship both, the regular and the LE, together, and you will not believe this, they both arrived damaged! No protection whatsoever from Amazon. I am not kidding, they did not even use bubble wrap; this is ridiculous!!! After the guy from CS told me that they would arrive in perfect condition, well they didn't, and I am pissed because now I can't get a replacement!!! I hope you guys have more luck than I did. But yeah, as I already wrote, this is ridiculous; the box had not protection at all... u.u lame.

[FONT="][FONT=Verdana]I pay for prime and this is how they ship books to their prime customers? The books barely fit in the box... What did Amazon workers think before shipping them? "Oh! Look! They barely fit inside the box! It must mean that the books will be super protected!" and then another worker replying, "Oh yeah baby!"... Look by yourself, I took the time to take some pics. Besides all this, Amazon always allows me to leave package/delivery feedback, but they do not allow leaving feedback for either the SE or the LE. Why? Did they knew that a lot of people would complain?... this is pathetic.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]As you can see, both of them arrived in the same box, and they barely fit.[/FONT]

Posted Image

Posted Image

There's no space for bubble wrap or any other kind of protection... I would not mind receiving a bigger box... Amazon.
Posted Image

Posted Image

PLEASE CLICK ON THE IMAGES IF THEY ARE TOO SMALL FOR THE DAMAGES TO BE SEEN.

The Standard Edition is the worst! Just look. Again, please click the images to see the damage because I think this forum doesn't allow to upload big images.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

My Limited Edition:
Posted Image
Posted Image

[FONT=Verdana]I will contact Customer Service and let you know what they say about this. Thanks for reading my long post.

P.S. [/FONT] [FONT=Verdana]:cry:[/FONT]
[/FONT]

#1943 Youngnoble

Youngnoble

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:20 AM

The denting on the LE is bad but I think they all have some wear on their corners (showing white).

#1944 serum79

serum79

power.wisdom.courage

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:21 AM

thinkgeek is out of stock...alright, who placed an order for 999 copies? fess up
Life is damn good when you're a cheap ass gamer!

#1945 TheOpusFuller

TheOpusFuller

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:22 AM

Just tried to order one. Sold out. ThinkGeek is spent.

#1946 chrislaustin

chrislaustin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:23 AM

Damn, I've been refreshing ThinkGeek for the last week or two, and I just saw it was up, and before I could complete my order it was gone. Crap! They probably only had a few, oh well. Maybe next time.

#1947 Youngnoble

Youngnoble

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:23 AM

thinkgeek is out of stock...alright, who placed an order for 999 copies? fess up

I could have bought 50. Now comes the wait for the cancellations.

#1948 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:24 AM

Any time you get any item shipped, there is risk for damage. Hard to tell from the pics, but with the LE I think you are being picky.

While it could have been packed better, they can never guarantee perfect condition. That was stupid of the CS rep. Once it leaves their warehouse, it is out of their hands. Also, what if they got books from the production warehouses already damaged?

#1949 serum79

serum79

power.wisdom.courage

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:26 AM

I could have bought 50. Now comes the wait for the cancellations.

My order of 1 book went from New to Processing, not sure if that's good or not
Life is damn good when you're a cheap ass gamer!

#1950 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:29 AM

OOS on ThinkGeek.