Photo
- - - - -

[NOT DEAD] Hyrule Historia [Art Book] - $19.24/CE (Limited to 4,000) (Jan 2013)

• Please log in to reply
2575 replies to this topic

#1981 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:25 AM

Yes, I guess there is always a chance that something could get damaged in the mail; the way Amazon packed these, it's almost guaranteed.

Package a book like this however, and you have virtually nothing to worry about.

There is a chance it could have already been damaged before the retailer received it to ship out though.

Honestly, with the way some mail hubs handle packages, I'm surprised it isn't more common. Especially with how lazy people are these days. Just toss a package instead of handling it carefully.

#1982 winterlane

winterlane

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:28 AM

My order is still not processing. I am really hoping that they were managing the stock properly and didn't oversell!

When did you order? I ordered a minute or two after it was posted, and mine is still New as well.

#1983 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:29 AM

I ordered mine late and it is processing.

I have no problem with flippers, but I'd laugh at all the butthurt people who cry injustice of they cancel all orders of more than 1 or 2.

#1984 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:30 AM

When did you order? I ordered a minute or two after it was posted, and mine is still New as well.

8:12 EST. If yours is also still at new, I'm guessing that we all still have a pretty good chance.

Check out my youtube channel! I do video game collection updates, unboxings, final impressions, and intelligent game industry commentary.  Expect lots of collector's editions, as well as steelbooks from all over the world! :D

http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0

#1985 isa_bly

isa_bly

I placed my order at 7:09pm EST, and it says processing.

#1986 Seerge666

Seerge666

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

I got mine replacement regular edition as well and also in perfect shape. I though it was packed the same way but upon closer inspection, the box they used was slightly stronger and slightly bigger, but there was still no corner/edge protection. I guess they probably got a lot of complaints about how they shipped it the first time.

My LE from TFAW is still showing nothing.:-(

Yeah, this time around the box was a stronger cardboard and there were airbags inside. Well I wish you the best of luck with the LE, unfortunately I was too late to place an order anywhere.

#1987 philmcfly

philmcfly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:33 AM

Processing here as well.

Now if only that Final Fantasy one would mysteriously show up as well.

#1988 Youngnoble

Youngnoble

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:34 AM

Mine at 7:36pm EST and processing.

#1989 Hemi

Hemi

One with the never-ending backlog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:36 AM

Mine at 7:36pm EST and processing.

TWINSIES!!!! mines 7:36 EST also XD

#1990 247

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:37 AM

7:22 EST and processing, hopefully they ship.

#1991 Siye

Siye

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:53 AM

Placed my order at 6:57 EST and it's still NEW status and not processing...

not happy. :(

#1992 Captain Urahara

Captain Urahara

Praise The Sun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:59 AM

My Regular Edition/Ni No Kuni guide, and my Limited Edition both shipped(from Amazon)! Both are coming from Fernley, NV. Both are expected to be here tomorrow!

Of course Sly Cooper 4 comes out tomorrow. Gonna grab that on the way home from work and then swing home, hopefully to some undamaged books :D

Edited by Captain Urahara, 05 February 2013 - 03:09 AM.

#1993 josiahb

josiahb

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:01 AM

Just got my TFAW shipping confirmation! Now, anyone ever ordered from them before? How do they usually pack their items?

Yes! Mine shipped too! Finally...

Also, under "Shipment History" on my account, it says that it was shipped out on the 2nd (the CS person I talked to was right after all). There's ton tracking number so far.

There is a chance it could have already been damaged before the retailer received it to ship out though.

Honestly, with the way some mail hubs handle packages, I'm surprised it isn't more common. Especially with how lazy people are these days. Just toss a package instead of handling it carefully.

I understand that there is always a chance that it could be damaged, before shipment or otherwise. It just really bothers me that Amazon seems to have put no thought whatsoever into packaging these. Like I said, it's pretty much guaranteeing that the item will be damaged in some way, shipping it like that (at very least there is a higher chance of it being damaged than not).

I would love Amazon to have a shipping option for collectors items, or books or something.

#1994 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:03 AM

My Amazon order just shipped!

#1995 oNeWiNgEdAnGeL

oNeWiNgEdAnGeL

ROCKDOOMFLOW

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:20 AM

Can't believe I missed the LE at thinkgeek.

What are people doing it get it from B&N? Calling stores and asking them to order a copy of the LE?

#1996 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:24 AM

False alarm, it seems; I got a different Amazon package today, and the LE is sitting at my local post office (it probably arrived shortly after my mail carrier left to make deliveries). One more day... :pray:

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Sly 2: Band of Thieves

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [9/4]: :vita: Velocity 2X (4.5/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#1997 binici

binici

www.TheTradeBox.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:35 AM

Can't believe I missed the LE at thinkgeek.

What are people doing it get it from B&N? Calling stores and asking them to order a copy of the LE?

I called local stores (only certain stores have them in-stock). You have to make the full purchase and shipping is free or you can do a store pick-up.

YMMV, though. I just checked my UPS from B&N and it is on it's way home! Let's pray that the shipping is better than this whole Amazon story...

#1998 kamakazi5

kamakazi5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:36 AM

Mine came in today with no damage in one of the book mailers. Most stuff I buy from Amazon comes in one of these now which is pretty nice. I'm sure someone has mentioned it already but whoever decided to make the publisher name on a black background on the spine is an idiot. At least make it the same color so it doesn't stand out so bad. I'm probably one of the least picky collectors you will ever see but for some reason this just pisses me off.
My games/what I'm playing - www.backloggery.com/kamakazi5

#1999 Ashlee

Ashlee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:39 AM

What warehouse did yours come from? Mines is shipping from PA

"Bethlehem PA US Shipment received by carrier"

Did you get yours already? Let us know if your book arrived like mine :/ Still I can't believe it, not even cardboard, bubble wrap, or anything else to protect the edges... ugh u.u

By the way, I contacted customer service and they told me that I could not get a replacement because those books are not fulfilled by Amazon (whatever that means). Then he said that I could return it and buy one from another seller, yes, he said that, to buy a $300 one, and I asked, Who will pay? Amazon? or you are telling me to buy it myself? Then I don't remember what he replied but the point is that he did not offer me a partial refund or anything else. He just told me to return it and they would refund my money. Well, I am not sure if returning it yet... probably I won't.
Also, the edge located on the right top corner of the book is damaged as well, I tried taking a pic but the camera did not focus and the plastic gives a weird reflection, so that damage is only visible with the eyes.

#2000 sadboy

sadboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:50 AM

"Bethlehem PA US Shipment received by carrier"

Did you get yours already? Let us know if your book arrived like mine :/ Still I can't believe it, not even cardboard, bubble wrap, or anything else to protect the edges... ugh u.u

By the way, I contacted customer service and they told me that I could not get a replacement because those books are not fulfilled by Amazon (whatever that means). Then he said that I could return it and buy one from another seller, yes, he said that, to buy a $300 one, and I asked, Who will pay? Amazon? or you are telling me to buy it myself? Then I don't remember what he replied but the point is that he did not offer me a partial refund or anything else. He just told me to return it and they would refund my money. Well, I am not sure if returning it yet... probably I won't.
Also, the edge located on the right top corner of the book is damaged as well, I tried taking a pic but the camera did not focus and the plastic gives a weird reflection, so that damage is only visible with the eyes.

I would contact another representative and show the pictures, then state your request (i.e. you're S.O.L; it's not feasible to return the limited edition; exchange the standard edition).

#2001 TopsideKracker

TopsideKracker

...doomy doomy doomy...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:52 AM

Dammit... I've been refreshing Think Geek all week... checked several times today even. Oh well...

#2002 Bazz

Bazz

SamuelElbaz.Blogspot.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:58 AM

Fuck I been watching thinkgeek for months now and missed it

I need 1 more sign up if anyone could help please. http://www.yourfree360games.com/index.php?ref=244985
SamuelElbaz.Blogspot.com-Do me a favor and check it out. Would love to hear your feedback;)

#2003 ZiggyGod

ZiggyGod

Aspiring Hero

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:17 AM

Posted Image
i love the feel and weight of this book. great read so far.
Visualize my mind... :whee:
:3ds: Friend Code: 4811-6958-3162 Ziggy
618684.png

#2004 binici

binici

www.TheTradeBox.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:21 AM

Posted Image
i love the feel and weight of this book. great read so far.

You screwed the resale value! :oops:

j/k

Glad you enjoy and that the book is dentless!

#2005 GBPackRat

GBPackRat

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:22 AM

My order was placed at 8:06 PM EST and went to processing at 8:37 PM EST.

After having my B&N order cancelled and my BBTS order cancelled and missing TFAW blip 10 min restock late one night by mear seconds...

Finally I might actually get this book after swearing if off a couple times...

#2006 Potatoeman

Potatoeman

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:37 AM

Got an email from amazon today and was afraid to open it; turns out my predicted delivery estimate of February 19-22 got pushed up to Feb. 11th and my order is shipping soon! Pretty happy now:bouncy:

#2007 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:41 AM

Glad to see you guys and gals are getting your copies a little early. Those getting dinged copies, yeah I can understand your frustration, but the self-entitlement in this thread is fucking ridiculous. Be happy that you got in on this to begin with. With only 4,000 copies available, I'm sure someone would love to buy that dinged corner copy you have. ;)

Besides, when you order from the internet you're gambling like a mofo. Things don't magically appear at your doorstep in 100% tip-top physical condition. If you want that, you'll have to go find one in the wild... but good luck with that. Like I said, be happy you even got one. :)

#2008 The Holy Pretzle

The Holy Pretzle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:47 AM

Glad to see you guys and gals are getting your copies a little early. Those getting dinged copies, yeah I can understand your frustration, but the self-entitlement in this thread is fucking ridiculous. Be happy that you got in on this to begin with. With only 4,000 copies available, I'm sure someone would love to buy that dinged corner copy you have. ;)

Besides, when you order from the internet you're gambling like a mofo. Things don't magically appear at your doorstep in 100% tip-top physical condition. If you want that, you'll have to go find one in the wild... but good luck with that. Like I said, be happy you even got one. :)

"Entitlement"? Paying the price for a product that SHOULD be in great condition is entitled?

#2009 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:51 AM

Yeah, paying full price for something and expecting it to arrive undamaged is total self-entitlement. This isn't happening due to freak accidents; it's happening because they are being packaged incorrectly.

Off an out, ya jack ass.

Check out my youtube channel! I do video game collection updates, unboxings, final impressions, and intelligent game industry commentary.  Expect lots of collector's editions, as well as steelbooks from all over the world! :D

http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0

#2010 scottman

scottman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:52 AM

"Entitlement"? Paying the price for a product that SHOULD be in great condition is entitled?

I think he mainly just meant all this complaining over little dings is hard to hear for those who haven't been able to get one in any condition yet for a decent price. Understandable.

A ton of the books on the shelf at barnes and noble are dinged up or have bent corners and they won't charge you less for them. We are just treating this as a collectible and amazon treats it as a book (which it is for all they care).