Photo
- - - - -

[NOT DEAD] Hyrule Historia [Art Book] - $19.24/CE (Limited to 4,000) (Jan 2013)

• Please log in to reply
2575 replies to this topic

#2011 Ashlee

Ashlee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:03 AM

I don't know what you guys are talking about, but I would pay full price for a book in pristine condition! If I paid less than that is because Amazon had the book for that price, and yes, buying books online is almost sign of getting dents or any other cosmetic damage on books, but just look at the pics I posted, Amazon didn't provide ANY kind of protection! It is like if I take a book, find a box in which it fits, and send the item right away. Too bad there are not comic books or such places here where I live, the only close stores are stores like Walmart and all that, so buying books online is like my only choice u.u Well, hopefully my thinkgeek order goes through :/

#2012 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:05 AM

"Bethlehem PA US Shipment received by carrier"

Did you get yours already? Let us know if your book arrived like mine :/ Still I can't believe it, not even cardboard, bubble wrap, or anything else to protect the edges... ugh u.u

By the way, I contacted customer service and they told me that I could not get a replacement because those books are not fulfilled by Amazon (whatever that means). Then he said that I could return it and buy one from another seller, yes, he said that, to buy a $300 one, and I asked, Who will pay? Amazon? or you are telling me to buy it myself? Then I don't remember what he replied but the point is that he did not offer me a partial refund or anything else. He just told me to return it and they would refund my money. Well, I am not sure if returning it yet... probably I won't.
Also, the edge located on the right top corner of the book is damaged as well, I tried taking a pic but the camera did not focus and the plastic gives a weird reflection, so that damage is only visible with the eyes.

Instead of returning it, I'd bet there are plenty of CAGs who would like a copy, ding or not. Or you could flip it on eBay and probably get at least $150 for it, and buy something else to make you happy.

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Uncharted: Golden Abyss - :)

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :-|

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related Goodies║Wantlist║

#2013 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:11 AM

I think he mainly just meant all this complaining over little dings is hard to hear for those who haven't been able to get one in any condition yet for a decent price. Understandable.

A ton of the books on the shelf at barnes and noble are dinged up or have bent corners and they won't charge you less for them. We are just treating this as a collectible and amazon treats it as a book (which it is for all they care).

Exactly. Thank you for having common sense. Truly, a lost art.

#2014 UncleBob

UncleBob

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:24 AM

While I completely agree that it's BS that Amazon is shipping these out with less than adequate protection, I'd like to point out that Amazon did not sell these at "full price". Full price was $69.99 - I don't think anyone here ordered them from Amazon at that price.
"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy, instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it."

#2015 Metal Militia

Metal Militia

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:24 AM

My Limited Edition is processing at Think Geek. Hopefully thats a good sign. I've never ordered from them before so I don't know how their service is.
Posted Image

#2016 HydroX

HydroX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:28 AM

Yeah, paying full price for something and expecting it to arrive undamaged is total self-entitlement. This isn't happening due to freak accidents; it's happening because they are being packaged incorrectly.

Off an out, ya jack ass.

I'm not saying that you should expect a book that's torn to shreds, but some of you are treating this like it's the holy grail, or that they shipped you your first born baby in a poly bag (what's up goHastings! *nod*), and how DARE Amazon or anyone deface this precious art of religious literary masterpiece.

Yeah, they could be packaged better. I agree. Some things I receive from Amazon are packaged in a giant refrigerator box, and when I open it I remember that I ordered a bluray instead of a new refrigerator. So yeah, I can see where they may have spoiled us (or even trolled us) the way we're thinking we're going to get these.

Ashlee, I'm sorry you didn't get a book in collectible condition, but instead of ranting on an internet forum about it, just use that energy to resell it and use the cash to buy one that IS in prestine condition. You'll obviously make your money back (and then some) on the book that you received. Hollering at Amazon is obviously not going to make things right, as you already know the book is a highly limited edition. The only thing they can really do is offer you a refund, which they did, if you returned the item. But yeah, sell that puppy! Make that mon-ay! :)

As for that other keyboard warrior up there... :roll:

#2017 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:35 AM

damn I also have been checking Thinkgeek for the past week. when did they put it up and sell out?

#2018 wbc1228

wbc1228

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:36 AM

Yeah, paying full price for something and expecting it to arrive undamaged is total self-entitlement. This isn't happening due to freak accidents; it's happening because they are being packaged incorrectly.

Off an out, ya jack ass.

Seems like everyone's complaints are whiny and yours are perfectly validly.
Stop being a hypocrite Zaku77, you're one of the worst offenders here on cag when it comes to criticizing other people's complaints/opinions.

And yes, Amazon should be doing a better job at packing books (or anything for that matter).
I buy a good number of artbooks from Amazon and half the time, they arrived dented/bent due to the use of a bubble mailer/an oversized box with zero packing material what so ever/etc

#2019 dejeckt

dejeckt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:37 AM

My Limited Edition is processing at Think Geek. Hopefully thats a good sign. I've never ordered from them before so I don't know how their service is.

Bizrate
Reseller Ratings

The rating seems to be good (but ThinkGeek appears to be sponsoring or sponsored by bizrate). However, resellerratings rating seems very poor. Although I know that this store has been around for awhile, but I never personally anything from ThinkGeek due to their msrp price on most stuffs.

I think ThinkGeek was the last in the line of official retaillers to offer Hyrule Historia LE, so regardless of everything else this is your best shot at paying retail price for Hyrule Historia LE at this point. Considering that people had no problem adding 99+ copies into their carts earlier, and the limited quantities of Hyrule Historia I think ThinkGeek has oversold their stock. Though, ThinkGeek was pretty quick in cutting off the order so if they did oversold I don't think it would be by a huge margin.

So all things considered I think your order is relatively good, but if it isn't what other choice do you have?

Also, forgot to post this random thing earlier. To that person who managed to order Hyrule Historia LE off Barnes & Noble via phone....
Spoiler

I mean nothing by it though, thought it was funny. Hell, I'm still secretly hoping B&N will accidentally ship my cancelled Hyrule Historia LE. Actually, did everyone's B&N order get cancelled? If so I take that meme back, thought by ordering by phone he/she was able to take another person's order by exploiting B&N carelessness.

#2020 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:41 AM

Seems like everyone's complaints are whiny and yours are perfectly validly.
Stop being a hypocrite Zaku77, you're one of the worst offenders here on cag when it comes to criticizing other people's complaints/opinions.

And yes, Amazon should be doing a better job at packing books (or anything for that matter).
I buy a good number of artbooks from Amazon and half the time, they arrived dented/bent due to the use of a bubble mailer/an oversized box with zero packing material what so ever/etc

Hey, guess what, you schmuck, I don't even have one of these! I am praying that my thinkgeek orders go through. I am sympathizing with complaints, but they are in no way my own. Also, I try very, very hard to make sure that I am logical, reasonable, objective, and never a hypocrite. Should you notice me being a hypocrite, please point it out. I am rather antagonistic, and I am more than happy to call out an opinion or view that is not well thought out when I see it, but I try very hard to not be a hypocrite. That said, should you notice me being one, please, by all means, call me out on it. I look forward to this event that will never happen. :roll:

(As an aside--just trying to understand what you mean--I was responding to the person that was calling everyone self entitled for expecting their book to be shipped in a decent fashion and not arrive beat up. I completely sympathize with those that received damaged books. I do want to reiterate, though, I haven't had my own complaints. I don't, as of right now, even own a copy of this damn thing. Get your facts straight before you challenge me to a verbal rat-a-tat. lol)

Edited by Zaku77, 05 February 2013 - 05:51 AM.

Check out my youtube channel! I do video game collection updates, unboxings, final impressions, and intelligent game industry commentary.  Expect lots of collector's editions, as well as steelbooks from all over the world! :D

http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0

#2021 Waru

Waru

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:51 AM

According to amazon I should have my limited CE by Feb 6th. Shipped out from Phoenix AZ.

#2022 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:59 AM

Maybe he is referring to your steelbook rage, only thing I can think of. Personally, I think anybody is entitled to be pissed off over crap shipping. I know I wouldn't want a scratch or a dent on a brand new car I purchased. I know everybody couldn't get one regardless what others do with their copy. I don't tend to dwell on these things, to me it's just a hobby and doesn't showcase my lifestyle or social status at that.

#2023 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:02 AM

Maybe he is referring to your steelbook rage, only thing I can think of. Personally, I think anybody is entitled to be pissed off over crap shipping. I know I wouldn't want a scratch or a dent on a brand new car I purchased. I know everybody couldn't get one regardless what others do with their copy. I don't tend to dwell on these things, to me it's just a hobby and doesn't showcase my lifestyle or social status at that.

I'm extremely calm in those videos given that every seller I've had those issues with has completely screwed me over. This, of course, results in me losing both money and time. I think my facetious tone is really quite calm, given all of that. I also describe and package my things that I sell as well as humanly possible, so no hypocrisy there. Oh well, the opinions of a peon don't really matter in the grander scheme of things anyway. 8-)

Check out my youtube channel! I do video game collection updates, unboxings, final impressions, and intelligent game industry commentary.  Expect lots of collector's editions, as well as steelbooks from all over the world! :D

http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

#2024 Rig

Rig

Rig = Lunar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:08 AM

No "shipped" email from TFAW for me yet. :/

#2025 cakefoo

cakefoo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:09 AM

All this talk of guilting people into just accepting the damages is reminiscent of the Xbox 360 RROD fiasco when Peter Moore said, "Ya know... THINGS BREAK."

I found it especially hilarious when the user suggested selling your damaged copy for a mint copy-- oh yeah, just remember that you'll have to pay 10-15% in fees on the incoming payment plus an additional $40-60 extra for the mint copy. Yeah that's a great plan. I'm sure people are really looking forward to going through all that just because Amazon couldn't spend 20 cents more on a better box and more padding. Let's not mention the fact that Amazon's customer service lied to their customers falsely assuring them that their books wouldn't be damaged.

Clearly some people in here lack principles and a backbone and common sense.

#2026 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:13 AM

All this talk of guilting people into just accepting the damages is reminiscent of the Xbox 360 RROD fiasco when Peter Moore said, "Ya know... THINGS BREAK."

lol... Did he really say that? During the peak of the fiasco I was delivering so many coffins and consoles on a daily bases for almost 2 years.

#2027 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:20 AM

I don't think Amazon CS ever intentionally lies to to anyone. The problem is that I usually know their policies more than they do. They are just trained drones. They really aren't informed; they should just stop pretending to be. "I don't know" is much better than just making something up or reassuring someone with information that isn't true.

#2028 HydroX

HydroX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:20 AM

It's funny though.... Things do break. And this is a huge difference comparing a BOOK to a CONSOLE ... or even a few posts up comparing it to a BRAND NEW CAR (!!!) of all things.

I didn't join the 360 revolution until well after the RROD fiasco, but IIRC MS did attempt to make things right. If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong.

Crap shipping is going to happen. It's not that I expect you all to eat a shit sandwich when you get a book with a dinged corner (especially if it's the standard edition -- I mean, really?) Some of you act like you expected this thing to be shipped to you in a Halliburton briefcase, and that's the reason why I'm just flabbergasted at the "self-entitled" and their hate-filled rants. Perhaps self-entitled wasn't the right word..... or perhaps it was.

Either way, like I had already said, I am glad that some of you are actually GETTING a copy. I fully expect to purchase one if I can find it at my local book stores within the next week or so. If not, I guess I'm S.O.L.

#2029 HydroX

HydroX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:22 AM

I don't think Amazon CS ever intentionally lies to to anyone. The problem is that I usually know their policies more than they do. They are just trained drones. They really aren't informed; they should just stop pretending to be. "I don't know" is much better than just making something up or reassuring someone with information that isn't true.

Yeah, while I agree with you, the sad thing is saying "I don't know" is what would push someone over the edge faster than the falsified information they give out at times. "I don't know" is quite possibly the worst thing you could ever say if you're working in retail.

#2030 .Virus

.Virus

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:24 AM

My LE Hyrule Historia came today in the mail!!! Perfect condition.

#2031 cakefoo

cakefoo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:25 AM

lol... Did he really say that? During the peak of the fiasco I was delivering so many coffins and consoles on a daily bases for almost 2 years.

Yep, he tried to play it like it was typical, just as others are attempting to do about the damaged Zelda LE's. The difference here is that 360's break, you get a replacement; sold out LE gets dinged, you don't get a better one unless you pay the ebay premium.

Things SHOULD get to you in mint condition. Especially when it's the primary means of distributing a product to consumers.

#2032 cakefoo

cakefoo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:30 AM

What you just acknowledged Amazon CS did, falls under the definition of intentionally lying.

#2033 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:30 AM

Yeah, while I agree with you, the sad thing is saying "I don't know" is what would push someone over the edge faster than the falsified information they give out at times. "I don't know" is quite possibly the worst thing you could ever say if you're working in retail.

I totally see what you're saying. It's just irritating for those of us that don't fly off the handle at the drop of a hat. But yeah, that makes sense. I could see people getting pissed about that, though, for sure.

What you just acknowledged Amazon CS did, falls under the definition of intentionally lying.

You're right; I worded that wrong. They just reassure you that everything will be fine. I'm sure they have no idea if they're lying or not. That's why I say it's not intentional. They just read from their sheet and reassure the customer.

#2034 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:32 AM

Not to make excuses but I from what I've seen posted, employees who pack these orders need to maintain a quota per hour. I know they could have easily placed the book on a flat piece of cardboard and heat sealed it with plastic. I can almost guarantee the package wouldn't have came damaged if was shipped this way, a little extra effort but it goes a long way.

#2035 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:43 AM

damn I also have been checking Thinkgeek for the past week. when did they put it up and sell out?

7pm-8:20pm EDT.

#2036 cakefoo

cakefoo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:45 AM

Some of you act like you expected this thing to be shipped to you in a Halliburton briefcase, and that's the reason why I'm just flabbergasted at the "self-entitled" and their hate-filled rants.

Oh please. All they had to do was shrinkwrap it to a slightly larger cardboard plate and put it in a box that was slightly larger. This was such an easy "fiasco" to avoid, it would have cost them just pennies.

#2037 dejeckt

dejeckt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:49 AM

It's funny though.... Things do break. And this is a huge difference comparing a BOOK to a CONSOLE ... or even a few posts up comparing it to a BRAND NEW CAR (!!!) of all things.

I didn't join the 360 revolution until well after the RROD fiasco, but IIRC MS did attempt to make things right. If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong.

Crap shipping is going to happen. It's not that I expect you all to eat a shit sandwich when you get a book with a dinged corner (especially if it's the standard edition -- I mean, really?) Some of you act like you expected this thing to be shipped to you in a Halliburton briefcase, and that's the reason why I'm just flabbergasted at the "self-entitled" and their hate-filled rants. Perhaps self-entitled wasn't the right word..... or perhaps it was.

Either way, like I had already said, I am glad that some of you are actually GETTING a copy. I fully expect to purchase one if I can find it at my local book stores within the next week or so. If not, I guess I'm S.O.L.

I really didn't wanted to jump in on this argument, but I think I have to clear something up contextually because I'm the one who bitched about the SE and compared it to a new car. I wasn't trying to argue this artbook is similar in value to what new cars are. Thinking about it it was a bad choice of analogy, on that part I apologize. I was trying to elaborate a point that something one might be looking forward to and excited about getting had a small scratch. Certainly it is minor defect, and bound to get some scuffs in time, but it's understandably annoying. I'm sure everyone has something like this they feel towards. Some people get super annoyed getting small scuffs on their soles of the special nike sneakers, some get annoyed getting small stain on their brand name shirt, etc. Everyone has a thing they particularly like, and it's honestly annoying to notice a small defect. Please refrain from paraphrasing when it is out context, you kinda made me sound like some type of douche^^ Maybe you weren't and you honestly felt my earlier post was repulsive even when I clarify now...then I guess we'll have to be civil to agree to disagree.

#2038 HydroX

HydroX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:59 AM

I really didn't wanted to jump in on this argument, but I think I have to clear something up contextually because I'm the one who bitched about the SE and compared it to a new car. I wasn't trying to argue this artbook is similar in value to what new cars are. Thinking about it it was a bad choice of analogy, on that part I apologize. I was trying to elaborate a point that something one might be looking forward to and excited about getting had a small scratch. Certainly it is minor defect, and bound to get some scuffs in time, but it's understandably annoying. I'm sure everyone has something like this they feel towards. Some people get super annoyed getting small scuffs on their soles of the special nike sneakers, some get annoyed getting small stain on their brand name shirt, etc. Everyone has a thing they particularly like, and it's honestly annoying to notice a small defect. Please refrain from paraphrasing when it is out context, you kinda made me sound like some type of douche^^ Maybe you weren't and you honestly felt my earlier post was repulsive even when I clarify now...then I guess we'll have to be civil to agree to disagree.

No need to apologize. I understand what you meant, but the analogy kind of blew my mind.

Things do get tainted in time, sometimes (and some things) a lot faster than others. Still, I can see both sides of the argument, and I'd be livid if my limited edition anything came in slightly damaged, but some of the lengths people are taking this is ludicrous.

Sorry if I made you sound like a douche, by the way. ;)

#2039 cakefoo

cakefoo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:59 AM

I don't think your apology was necessary to the guy. What matters is the fixability of the defect: you can touch-up a tiny scratch on a car, but you can't touch up a book cover.

#2040 cakefoo

cakefoo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:01 AM

No need to apologize. I understand what you meant, but the analogy kind of blew my mind.

Things do get tainted in time, sometimes (and some things) a lot faster than others. Still, I can see both sides of the argument, and I'd be livid if my limited edition anything came in slightly damaged, but some of the lengths people are taking this is ludicrous.

Sorry if I made you sound like a douche, by the way. ;)

To be clear, what lengths are ludicrous? The only thing ludicrous I see is you drawing comparisons to a steel briefcase for protection when all we ask for is some cardboard and plastic wrap or bubbles or something to create space and fill the void. Your inability to refrain from hyperbole just makes your argument weaker, not stronger.