Photo
- - - - -

[NOT DEAD] Hyrule Historia [Art Book] - $19.24/CE (Limited to 4,000) (Jan 2013)

• Please log in to reply
2575 replies to this topic

#2041 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:02 AM

I'm thinking people should probably jump straight to sacrificing the first born son of those that packed their shipment. That seems like the best idea.

Check out my YouTube channel for collection updates, games industry discussion, and game analysis!
http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0

My Blog for more in depth looks at video games (and even anime!): http://helldestroyer77.blogspot.com/

#2042 SW4J

SW4J

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:22 AM

Well Fuck, don't check cag for a couple of hours and miss out on the last chance to buy it. There are no other sellers we're waiting on, right?

#2043 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:27 AM

They were the last confirmed one. If you can't find it at a local store, then it's scalpers or bust. :/

Check out my YouTube channel for collection updates, games industry discussion, and game analysis!
http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Blog for more in depth looks at video games (and even anime!): http://helldestroyer77.blogspot.com/

#2044 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:40 AM

To be clear, what lengths are ludicrous? The only thing ludicrous I see is you drawing comparisons to a steel briefcase for protection when all we ask for is some cardboard and plastic wrap or bubbles or something to create space and fill the void. Your inability to refrain from hyperbole just makes your argument weaker, not stronger.

You're welcome to think what you like about the way I phrase my posts. It doesn't change the fact that there's all kinds of overreacting going on.

Let's be fair here, not everyone is asking for bubbles or plastic wrap. Only the sensible are including that in their arguments, such as yourself... which is a totally reasonable argument, and I agree wholeheartedly on that front. While I agree that they should have tossed some bubbles in, (as was stated by another poster earlier) at the end of the day, Amazon sees this as a BOOK .. just a plain old BOOK. As long as the shipping carrier doesn't treat it like it's a frisbee or whatnot, it should arrive to you in great/good/above average condition. At least it's in a fitted box, yeah? It could be worse -- you could be ordering from goHastings, who just tosses these things in poly bags with no bubble wrap or protection whatsoever.

If everyone leaves them horrible packaging feedback, maybe they'll "get it", because what you guys are doing now just isn't going to change a thing.

But realistically, it's likely too late for that. The more likely scenario is they'll just brush you aside and give you a $5-$10 promo credit to shut you up and send you packing.

#2045 winterlane

winterlane

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:28 AM

Placed my order at 6:57 EST and it's still NEW status and not processing...

not happy. :(

I'm in a similar situation. Ordered about 5 minutes after you and still not processing. Meanwhile, others that ordered more than an hour later have theirs as Processing.

#2046 cjenvy

cjenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:44 AM

so can someone sum up the last 6 pages all i got was thinkgeek stock available people go nuts sold out people back to bitching about amazon

#2047 johnymohny

johnymohny

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:37 AM

I too ordered within 20 minuets of the listing going live, and sadly my status is still new
I was thinking maybe it's because I live abroad, and it has to go through a different way, or Because I ordered 3 copies (no hate, it's imposible to get the book over here, I already have one but I'm trying to sort out my mates).

#2048 nightmarishhero

nightmarishhero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:18 AM

just got a notification 0443 CST that my paypal debit card was charged by THE RIGHT,GRIMES,IA,

my order information on therightstuf.com is showing:
Order Number: Wxxxxxxx
Entry Date: Dec 13 2012
Payment Method: MasterCard

and shipping status shows:
Shipment Number: Wxxxxxxx 00 00
Ship Date: Feb 4 2013
Shipment Method: USPS STD (B) Media

hopeful for therightstuf to come through, yet doubtful they will, anyone else show anything different?

#2049 snakeinthegrass

snakeinthegrass

CAGiversary!

• Trading Timeout - Under Review

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:20 AM

so can someone sum up the last 6 pages all i got was thinkgeek stock available people go nuts sold out people back to bitching about amazon

Sounds like you got it!

#2050 FrostySweetness

FrostySweetness

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:47 PM

Speaking about the argument, I can understand one's frustration. It was a limited item, and even if it wasn't, they should package the book in the best packaging possible. That is no longer their property, but someone else's property, and they should take care of it.

Secondly, I am glad they are not taking returns on the limited edition. I would truly be pissed if they were, because of my situation and I am sure other people who pre-ordered real soon after it was available haven't gotten their copies yet, and replacing someone's LE would just shaffle someone out his/ her copy. (And honestly, by knowing my luck, I can be that person...I am not the luckiest person, lol.)

But they do need to take some form of responsibility and not be so "Oh well" about it. Give you a certificate or something. Or refund the shipping, which is easier to those without prime, who did have to pay for a flat shipping price.

I pointed my reps to resellers when I contacted them about where the hell is my book, and they seem not to know. I do it to tell them I cannot get this item elsewhere, because it just isn't worth it to me for that price. I got 3 reps assuring I will get my book and proof, so if my order gets canceled, I will use it against them.

I must be like the only one on here who hasn't gotten my date pushed up or a shipping soon notification from Amazon and not everyone magically did not order before me. Maybe it is based on location...who knows.

Something tells me that I should had taken advantage of ThinkGeek. I guess I'll hope for something today. I feel like contacting customer service about it, but they'll just tell me the same thing again that the release date isn't until the 14th and I should get my copy.

I am too modest to do it, but part of me want to be assertive and tell them to ship mine now, but I doubt they have that kind of power anyways. i guess if I see one for $100 or so, I'll get it and if mine ever ships, then I can make my money back.

#2051 addicted2games

addicted2games

游戏玩家为生活 !!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:26 PM

just got a notification 0443 CST that my paypal debit card was charged by THE RIGHT,GRIMES,IA,

my order information on therightstuf.com is showing:
Order Number: Wxxxxxxx
Entry Date: Dec 13 2012
Payment Method: MasterCard

and shipping status shows:
Shipment Number: Wxxxxxxx 00 00
Ship Date: Feb 4 2013
Shipment Method: USPS STD (B) Media

hopeful for therightstuf to come through, yet doubtful they will, anyone else show anything different?

Mine shows the same. I also noticed the status to the right of the item went from "On order from manufacturer" to "Reserved for your order".

So hopefully this means something.

#2052 doomgaze_86

doomgaze_86

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:44 PM

I placed my order for 2 at 743am according to the website and it's still stuck at new. Wonder if it's because I ordered more than 1.

#2053 JoePianist

JoePianist

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:46 PM

Well, I guess I'm going to give up trying to get this book, since I can't get my hands on the Collector's Edition for a fair price :P

#2054 nightmarishhero

nightmarishhero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:46 PM

Mine shows the same. I also noticed the status to the right of the item went from "On order from manufacturer" to "Reserved for your order".

So hopefully this means something.

Yeah your right mine changed to reserved for your order too, hopefully they will come through. Especially with all the things I have been hearing about forbiddenplanet upcharging for shipping post transaction. I haven't received a request to allow a higher shipping charge from them but now I'm expecting it. Those are my last hopes along with a shot in the dark I took ordering from Amazon.de

I was sure I wasn't getting this then yesterday Amazon taunted me with a $0.96 gold box discount for regular edition 18.24 total, it seemed like even they knew I had no chance of getting the LE. Still didn't bite

#2055 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:00 PM

I placed my order for 2 at 743am according to the website and it's still stuck at new. Wonder if it's because I ordered more than 1.

I'm sure a good percent of people ordered 2 just for free shipping...and to get 2.

#2056 Chemosh013

Chemosh013

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:57 PM

Damn, wish Thinkgeek had given us a little warning. Fingers crossed that B&N comes through but I doubt it.

ach.png

#2057 007

Areaologist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:03 PM

Got my CE last night... really impressed with it. I don't know if I would've paid $70 for it, but the $20 bump on Amazon over the regular was totally worth it. Plus, no distracting black Dark Horse logo on the spine. Great book.

As an aside, I'm pretty impressed with UPS. There was a snow storm last night, and the guy actually showed up at about 9:45pm. I had given up and figured I'd be waiting another day, but nope.

#2058 binici

binici

www.TheTradeBox.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:50 PM

My Amazon.de order is still on "shipping soon". The 14th is taking too long...
Anyone else get an email from them about any type of status?

#2059 Chemosh013

Chemosh013

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:55 PM

So what is the story with the foreign versions? They are in English and I assume they are functionally the same as the US CE, but not limited? Is that the only difference?

ach.png

#2060 LLeopardGGecko

LLeopardGGecko

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:14 PM

So what is the story with the foreign versions? They are in English and I assume they are functionally the same as the US CE, but not limited? Is that the only difference?

Wondering this as well. Are the overseas versions part of the limited print run?

#2061 binici

binici

www.TheTradeBox.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:22 PM

Wondering this as well. Are the overseas versions part of the limited print run?

Yes, vendors and other people have confirmed that they are the US print version, but certain countries will receive them accordingly based off the 4,000 units produced.

#2062 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:37 PM

My order of two went into processing....

better sign then being "cancelled" I suppose

#2063 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:38 PM

My thinkgeek order is now listed as processing!!

#2064 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:47 PM

Mine too.

#2065 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:52 PM

Mine too.

Mines been processing since 7:15PM yesterday, when I placed my order. Hasn't it been processing since you guys placed your orders, or as there something else before?

I hope this one goes through, since I don't think my TFAW order will be shipped.

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Valhalla Knights 3 - :-|

:ps3: Zone of the Enders 2nd Runner HD - :-|

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#2066 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:59 PM

Mines been processing since 7:15PM yesterday, when I placed my order. Hasn't it been processing since you guys placed your orders, or as there something else before?

I hope this one goes through, since I don't think my TFAW order will be shipped.

Mine said "NEW" up until 5AM EST this morning (the last time I checked). I didn't upgrade my shipping.

ThinkGeek is a pretty balanced company. If they oversold I expect them to do a combination of A) retroactively limiting orders to one or two (depending on the size of their allotment) and B) honoring orders based on the time they were placed.

This would hopefully prevent the dipshits who were late to the party and purchased dozens with next day shipping from receiving any.

#2067 cakefoo

cakefoo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:59 PM

You're welcome to think what you like about the way I phrase my posts. It doesn't change the fact that there's all kinds of overreacting going on.

It's not just innocently phrasing posts- what you do is distort the truth to make your argument seem to have weight. And you continue to do it post after post.

Let's be fair here, not everyone is asking for bubbles or plastic wrap.

And what, pray tell, have the others been asking for? You're so engaged in this issue that you should be able to be more specific. :drool:

If everyone leaves them horrible packaging feedback, maybe they'll "get it", because what you guys are doing now just isn't going to change a thing.

Many who bought damaged regular editions DID contact Amazon directly to tell them not to screw up the one chance they have at getting an LE in good condition.

If I recall correctly, you didn't get a copy and you've been complaining that people who got one are upset that it wasn't mint.

#2068 Danger Moose

Danger Moose

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:02 PM

Think geek order got canceled for having a different shipping address than billing. If this happens to anyone else, call right away and they should be able to help you.

Order is "guaranteed"

#2069 The Byrdman

The Byrdman

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:02 PM

Mine said "NEW" up until 5AM EST this morning (the last time I checked). I didn't upgrade my shipping.

ThinkGeek is a pretty balanced company. If they oversold I expect them to do a combination of A) retroactively limiting orders to one or two (depending on the size of their allotment) and B) honoring orders based on the time they were placed.

This would hopefully prevent the dipshits who were late to the party and purchased dozens with next day shipping from receiving any.

What does the Order Status and/or Product Status mean?
This indicates the current status of your order, or of each item within your order. There are several statuses:

New - Your order has been accepted and will be processed soon.
Processing - Your order has been transmitted to the packing/shipping department (or one of our distributors), and our warehouse monkeys are gathering all of your goodies and preparing them to be shipped. (Note that your order could remain in this state for several days.)
Partial Shipment - Some of the items have been shipped. Your credit card has been fully charged at this point.
Shipped - Your order has been fully shipped. Your credit card has been fully charged at this point.
Canceled - Your order has been canceled and normally your credit card has not been billed. If it was billed, we have issued a proper refund which should appear on your next statement.

I ordered around 6:20 CT and my status moved to Processing less than an hour later. It appears they are honoring orders in the order they received them.

#2070 josiahb

josiahb

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:27 PM

For anyone that has had their TFAW order ship via USPS economy: Did you get a tracking number? I see in their help section that some shipping options don't have tracking.

For those that got the LE at Thinkgeek:

I made an order on Thinkgeek about a week ago. I placed the order last Monday, and the status quickly changed from "New" to "Processing". Pretty sure it shipped the day after I ordered (I remember it said "Processing" for a while though); it arrived on Saturday. That was with economy shipping.

Edited by josiahb, 05 February 2013 - 06:56 PM.