Photo
- - - - -

[NOT DEAD] Hyrule Historia [Art Book] - $19.24/CE (Limited to 4,000) (Jan 2013)

• Please log in to reply
2575 replies to this topic

#2551 kamiyan89

kamiyan89

Colombian CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:12 PM

That sucks. I was hoping Amazon would actually come through and fulfill all the pre-orders. Even though my order shipped I got the same email saying that I wouldn't be charged and was be given $10 in credit, but neither one was true.

Amazon did not handle this well at all, and $10 isn't enough compensation for those who were given the run-around and ended up missing out.

just for curiosity when was your shipping date?

#2552 bloodling

bloodling

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:15 PM

Amazon did not handle this well at all, and $10 isn't enough compensation for those who were given the run-around and ended up missing out.

I contacted customer support and they gave me an additional $30, so I have $40 in credit.

#2553 sayu

sayu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:35 PM

just for curiosity when was your shipping date?

It shipped yesterday. CS upgraded the order to 1-day shipping without my consent, but I guess it didn't push my order back. I haven't received it yet though.

#2554 cgxcswim

cgxcswim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:37 PM

What shipping did you pick when you purchased it? I picked the cheapest option and they seemed to have shipped accordingly since the tracking doesn't ever work like it says in my email. It doesn't even work using their own link... :-?

I picked the 2-day UPS shipping option. Used the "INFO" promo for a $10 shipping discount.

#2555 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:55 PM

I picked the 2-day UPS shipping option. Used the "INFO" promo for a $10 shipping discount.

Yeah, when I ordered, I didn't know about that code. I placed my order back on January 5th after everyone else sold out so I was just happy to get an order in.

Of course, I wasn't expecting TFAW get some more back in just a few days ago...:-/

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Valhalla Knights 3 - :-|

:ps3: Zone of the Enders 2nd Runner HD - :-|

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#2556 TommyLove

TommyLove

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:36 PM

Shame on amazon reps.
My collection and trade-list:
H: The Legend Of Zelda: Hyrule Historia LE in Mint condition W: equal value in trades or amazon/eBay prices
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=330790
My game plays:
http://www.youtube.com/tommylovehd
Posted Image

#2557 schnuth

schnuth

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:52 AM

My Amazon order was canceled too. :( To add insult to injury my account isn't showing the $10 credit they promised me. I just sent them a long complaint, so we'll see what happens. Meh.

#2558 kamiyan89

kamiyan89

Colombian CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:10 PM

My Amazon order was canceled too. :( To add insult to injury my account isn't showing the $10 credit they promised me. I just sent them a long complaint, so we'll see what happens. Meh.

what was your shipping date? i just want to know the timeframe of those whose order was cancelled.

and try to make a purchase, those $10 don't show on your amazon credit until you are going to make a purchase, it appears as promotional credit.

#2559 bloodling

bloodling

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:53 PM

Just a warning, but continually getting credited is a good way to get perma-banned from Amazon.

I would think that credits received because of such errors won't get anyone banned from Amazon. If you constantly buy stuff and return it and instead of asking for a replacement, you keep asking for a refund, then that could get you in trouble.

#2560 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:11 PM

I would think that credits received because of such errors won't get anyone banned from Amazon. If you constantly buy stuff and return it and instead of asking for a replacement, you keep asking for a refund, then that could get you in trouble.

There is a formula amazon uses, and number of contact is a factor, even when it is their mistake.

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

Looking for Danganronpa Anime Expo edition.  Please PM me if you have it for sale.

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#2561 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:16 PM

It doesn't matter for credits that they give you as automatic compensation (such as in this case of orders being cancelled) but when you continually contact them and the CS response results in you being credited, that does raise flags even if you don't specifically ask for the credits.

Currently playing: 

fyreboltx.png

#2562 Boss

Boss

Bowser the Great

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:48 PM

Yeah I would second be careful with credits. Once in a while is fine but if you get a lot back in a short time they will flag and ban you.

bossslyfm2.jpg

GameTZ -- TGN -- Ebay

#2563 SKEETER

SKEETER

YOU GOTTA DEAL WITH IT!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:45 PM

My LE was cancelled too and my delivery date was 2/14. I was one of the first to order on 11/25. Many CAGs who got their LE said they ordered on 11/26? Same thing for the regular edition. I was one of the first to order back when the price was $26-ish but my delivery date was way later (2/8) than those who ordered the week of release and got theirs right away?!

Why is Amazon fulfilling orders in backward chronological order?! It is not fair to people who were repeatedly promised by CS and waited in vain for Amazon to come through. Everyone who pre-ordered early should definitely complain to bring this to their attention!

Wii U ID: SKEETER
3DS Friend Code: 2707-1609-8783 (don't forget to PM me to add you too!)

laytonobj50%

#2564 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:56 PM

My LE was cancelled too and my delivery date was 2/14. I was one of the first to order on 11/25. Many CAGs who got their LE said they ordered on 11/26? Same thing for the regular edition. I was one of the first to order back when the price was $26-ish but my delivery date was way later (2/8) than those who ordered the week of release and got theirs right away?!

Why is Amazon fulfilling orders in backward chronological order?! It is not fair to people who were repeatedly promised by CS and waited in vain for Amazon to come through. Everyone who pre-ordered early should definitely complain to bring this to their attention!

Did you make any changes to your payment method? If you do anything like that, then your order gets moved to end of the queue. Meaning if your were the first person to order and a total of 1000 people ordered, and you made a change later on, then your order will automatically become the 1000th order (while everyone else moves up). That might explain why. I'm not sure if other changes (like quantity or address) effect this.

Currently playing: 

fyreboltx.png

#2565 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:07 AM

Damn, was putting away all my recent artbook purchases, etc - and this doesn't fit on my shelf....just a bit too tall.

#2566 winterlane

winterlane

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:10 AM

What shipping method did you choose? If you have Prime or you paid for standard shipping or anything faster, it will usually bump you towards the front of the fulfillment line, but you have to choose the faster shipping at the time you order. If you modified the order in any way after you placed it, such as changing shipping address, speed, or payment information, your order falls to the back of the queue. At the end of the day, it looks like Amazon just plain oversold. They had the limited edition listing up before Dark Horse announced that it was limited to 4,000 copies, so they were probably taking orders before they knew their exact allotment.

#2567 SKEETER

SKEETER

YOU GOTTA DEAL WITH IT!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:23 AM

I have prime 2 day shipping and did not change my order in any way for the LE. I was pissed about the delivery date for my regular edition order being a week after everyone else (even with prime shipping) so I called and they bumped it up. After reading here about how modifying the order will set you back, I made sure I didn't touch the order for my LE. Yet, I saw on here that for both books people who ordered last got theirs first! Total BS on Amazon's part!

Did you make any changes to your payment method? If you do anything like that, then your order gets moved to end of the queue. Meaning if your were the first person to order and a total of 1000 people ordered, and you made a change later on, then your order will automatically become the 1000th order (while everyone else moves up). That might explain why. I'm not sure if other changes (like quantity or address) effect this.

What shipping method did you choose? If you have Prime or you paid for standard shipping or anything faster, it will usually bump you towards the front of the fulfillment line, but you have to choose the faster shipping at the time you order. If you modified the order in any way after you placed it, such as changing shipping address, speed, or payment information, your order falls to the back of the queue. At the end of the day, it looks like Amazon just plain oversold. They had the limited edition listing up before Dark Horse announced that it was limited to 4,000 copies, so they were probably taking orders before they knew their exact allotment.

Wii U ID: SKEETER
3DS Friend Code: 2707-1609-8783 (don't forget to PM me to add you too!)

laytonobj50%

#2568 sayu

sayu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:13 AM

Well, of course, Amazon sent my LE in a box that was too small. Both ends of the spine are crushed in and all the corner edges are white. It's not that bad, but it is yet another fuckup on Amazon's part.

#2569 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:12 AM

TFAW gave me a tracking number that doesn't work. Awesome! I guess I'll see my demolished book in 7-14 days.

#2570 Bloomy

Bloomy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:32 AM

My TFAW LE came in today (metro DC area), shipped from OR on 2/19. Wrapped nearly completely in bubble wrap (the face and open end weren't completely covered), with some packing peanuts in the box. Top corners on the open end are a bit dinged, no white showing, spine's in good shape.

#2571 Rig

Rig

Rig = Lunar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:18 PM

TFAW LE came in for me last Friday. Was in perfect condition. Very glad to have received one of these.

#2572 trunks982

trunks982

Wii are the Champions!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:39 PM

Im still waiting for mines. Is it delivered by USPS?

#2573 Rig

Rig

Rig = Lunar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:57 PM

Im still waiting for mines. Is it delivered by USPS?

Yes, mine was USPS.

#2574 scottman

scottman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2013 - 04:18 AM

Did anyone that bought from forbiddenplanet get their credit card hacked? Got some charges on mine for airfrance and londonblu which makes me think it was from someone in europe. I've only used that card at a few places besides for this in the last few months. Possibly from bhphoto.

#2575 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 27 April 2013 - 04:23 AM

Is your credit card from Chase?

#2576 scottman

scottman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2013 - 08:21 PM

Nope, not chase.