Final Fantasy Xiii-2 CE with novella $29.99 (PS3 only so far) @ Best Buy

Romeo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
This may be YMMV, my local best buy clearanced the PS3 edition of the CE to $30 today as pictured. I had a friend with me who wanted the 360 edition (store had one of each) and it rang up $60, though the GM gave it to him for $30 as well, stating "just get rid of it". Hah!

imagegyt.jpg

It's not YMMV and I think there's a thread floating around on this already. Nevermind, it's the same price at GameStop is all.

[quote name='Jodou']It's not YMMV and I think there's a thread floating around on this already.[/QUOTE]

There is for gamestop... I'm not aware of any best buy drop, and if I'm not mistaken, all best buy clearance prices are YMMV.

You edited after I replied... don't forget this comes with a hardcover short novel, exclusive to best buy.

[quote name='Jodou']Yeah, I had just found the thread heh.[/QUOTE]

I've been here for near ten years now. I know my way around. ;)

[quote name='Romeo']I've been here for near ten years now. I know my way around. ;)[/QUOTE]
Lol, you'd be surprised. . .

Would be nice to grab one at that price but my BB doesn't have any for either system. And I called the Gamestop nearby that had one and they said it was the only CE copy and was sealed. Went to buy it and it turned out to be gutted copy for display purposes so to Hell with that . . .

I would so go for this except I prefer PS3 over Xbox and none of my stores have the PS3 version.

EDIT: Also if you could take the time to PM this price to Amazon (specifically the PS3 version) that would be super awesome.

Gamestop has the original CE which i think is a better deal for the same price, you get the cool packaging with the 4 disk soundtrack and art book. I seen people selling the slip cover and book for that novella edition on ebay for like $10 or so lol

[quote name='hypertek']Gamestop has the original CE which i think is a better deal for the same price, you get the cool packaging with the 4 disk soundtrack and art book. I seen people selling the slip cover and book for that novella edition on ebay for like $10 or so lol[/QUOTE]

Umm... he's clearly posting the CE, not the novella only edition.

Sku is 4120055. Just play around with the in store locater link until it takes it and shows the product.

[quote name='Romeo']There is for gamestop... I'm not aware of any best buy drop, and if I'm not mistaken, all best buy clearance prices are YMMV.[/QUOTE]All you need is a pic showing the price from another BB store and/or a pic of the receipt w/price & the store #/phone # of the store. Your local BB can then call & verify the price(IT DOESN'T NEED TO BE IN STOCK) and they can match the price.

If you know how to talk to the CSR they can even swap PS3 or X360 versions for you too...this however would be YMMV. If you're really in a jam & gotten have the game a certain system buy the game & get a gift receipt & come back to do a even exchange using the gift receipt.

[quote name='solarnoise']is there any way we can search for this on the BB site and find inventory? i think the CE page for ps3 doesn't exist anymore[/QUOTE]

PS3
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olstemp...ctId=29308&itemId=1404601&pageMode=searchmode

X360
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olstemp...8456025163&itemId=1683330&pageMode=searchmode

According to the Best Buy trade in site, the vanilla has a $8 trade in value...doubled with next week's trade-in bonus. Not a bad deal for anyone looking to upgrade to the CE and novella. Unfortunately, none in stock near me.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']stores near me show unavailable. I saw 1 or 2 earlier this week so hopefully it's still there by the time I check again[/QUOTE]

Good luck! This is one of the nicer CEs I own. Very well put together.

[quote name='confoosious']Umm... he's clearly posting the CE, not the novella only edition.[/QUOTE]

OK i didnt pay too much attention to the picture, yeah its the same one i picked up.. the title of this thread said Novella though which its not. I think these are clearance to get rid of all of them.
This is the Novella one
final_fantasy_xiii-2_novella_ps3_1_square_enix_best_buy_00-540x360.jpg

[quote name='hypertek']OK i didnt pay too much attention to the picture, yeah its the same one i picked up.. the title of this thread said Novella though which its not. I think these are clearance to get rid of all of them.
This is the Novella one
[/QUOTE]
The initial copies of the CEs and standard editions both came with the Novella comic. The CEs with the Novella are just harder to find now.

Funny, I just happened to see a few of the novella editions at 2 separate bestbuys today for $40. Never saw them before. I wonder if there was a recent purge of them. They have different upc, but same sku as regular.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MulderYuffie']I hope Amazon price matches this.[/QUOTE]it's a clearance price not sale so you won't see them match but in the future they may drop the price.

[quote name='Enuf']it's a clearance price not sale so you won't see them match but in the future they may drop the price.[/QUOTE]

GameStop has this for the exact same price, so you could ask them to PM GameStop's price instead.

Opinions wanted! Is this worth an upgrade from the standard edition w/novella? And why the hell doesn't Best Buy have XIII-2 listed for 360 in their trade lookup? :whistle2:k

[quote name='enigma']Opinions wanted! Is this worth an upgrade from the standard edition w/novella? And why the hell doesn't Best Buy have XIII-2 listed for 360 in their trade lookup? :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]
It came up for me. It's $8, just like the PS3 version.

[quote name='Alkalinejoe']It came up for me. It's $8, just like the PS3 version.[/QUOTE]

Ahh. Nevermind. They made a typo and wrote it as XII-2 for the 360 version. And since I haven't been to sleep yet, my brain couldn't process it. :razz: I locked in a $15 trade-in value on Amazon while I figure out what the best (if any) approach to take is. Thanks!

I think this is universal, saw it at that price at two Best Buys yesterday, picked up one of the novella version and now trying to unload my sealed CE I got from Amazon to get my money back.

They also had the Gears of War 3 Xbox 360, Arkham City, Max Payne 3, Prototype 2 and a few other CEs I'm blanking out on at 50% off but that may be YMMV.

Hmm...no collector's editions at my closest store. So I guess that means no novella bundled collector's editions either.

I guess I could go look at my local stores anyway. Maybe I'll find a vanilla copy/non-collector's edition bundled with the novella.

Picked up one of each this morning. They had the 360 version tagged at $29.99, but it rang up at $59.99. Upon further inspection by the manager, the tag was intended for the PS3 version. He matched the $29.99 price. Both versions were marked with a 30% off sticker, so I ended up paying $20.99 plus tax for each. Both had the novella.

[quote name='ferant316']I think this is universal, saw it at that price at two Best Buys yesterday, picked up one of the novella version and now trying to unload my sealed CE I got from Amazon to get my money back.

They also had the Gears of War 3 Xbox 360, Arkham City, Max Payne 3, Prototype 2 and a few other CEs I'm blanking out on at 50% off but that may be YMMV.[/QUOTE]

I'd buy the Prototype LE for a decent price, probably $30 or less. It's $80 retail right now still in my area.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Hmm...no collector's editions at my closest store. So I guess that means no novella bundled collector's editions either.

I guess I could go look at my local stores anyway. Maybe I'll find a vanilla copy/non-collector's edition bundled with the novella.[/QUOTE]

That versionnwas tagged $40 at my store.

[quote name='Havokscry']Picked up one of each this morning. They had the 360 version tagged at $29.99, but it rang up at $59.99. Upon further inspection by the manager, the tag was intended for the PS3 version. He matched the $29.99 price. Both versions were marked with a 30% off sticker, so I ended up paying $20.99 plus tax for each. Both had the novella.[/QUOTE]

Wow that is lucky!

While I was out, I checked to see if there were any lingering copies floating around at the 2 stores closest to me, but all I found were 360 copies (with novella) at full price.

The really frustrating thing is that I'm pretty sure the closest store only had non-novella vanilla copies during the Unlocked coupon sale (when I got mine) and blowout sale...but they sold out and restocked...and now both vanilla copies they have on the shelves are the novella bundles.

[quote name='MR_E']The really frustrating thing is that I'm pretty sure the closest store only had non-novella vanilla copies during the Unlocked coupon sale (when I got mine) and blowout sale...but they sold out and restocked...and now both vanilla copies they have on the shelves are the novella bundles.[/QUOTE]

Yep, exactly what I've been seeing. A lot of stores recently got a shipment of novella standard editions.

FYI, my store just put the 360 version on clearance at $30. Possibly YMMV (it was in their store-specific clearance dump bin), but could be national given the previous ps3 version drop.

It's kinda sad that I see at least five collector's editions (3 PS3, 2 360) in my local store, and they've been unsold for over a month.

Is the collectors edition shrink wrapped in plastic? IE sealed I am getting conflicting reports. also which version is better 360 or ps3? tia

[quote name='gepet0']Is the collectors edition shrink wrapped in plastic? IE sealed I am getting conflicting reports. also which version is better 360 or ps3? tia[/QUOTE]

I think the 360 one I saw at my store was the collectors edition and novella shrinkwrapped together.

[quote name='MR_E']I think the 360 one I saw at my store was the collectors edition and novella shrinkwrapped together.[/QUOTE]

Was novella with the ce a BB exclusive or gamestop has them as well?

The 360 version of this has been $50 or maybe even $60 at my store for a while now. It is down to one copy (last time I checked) but the price hasn't budged. $30 I could finally bite on, but I don't even have that kind of money to spare at the moment... so I'm conflicted. Drop! Don't drop.

[quote name='gepet0']Was novella with the ce a BB exclusive or gamestop has them as well?[/QUOTE]

the novel is a bb exclusive. i think you got a dlc costume if you pre ordered from gs.

bread's done
Back