#31 ShadowMillions

ShadowMillions

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 11:00 AM

http://www.bestbuy.c...Mode=searchmode

Thanks for that. Not anywhere near me. :roll:
:newbie:
Join SwagBucks! Earn up to $25 Amazon credit a month! http://www.swagbucks.../ShadowMillions

#32 enigma

enigma

Posted 18 August 2012 - 11:10 AM

Opinions wanted! Is this worth an upgrade from the standard edition w/novella? And why the hell doesn't Best Buy have XIII-2 listed for 360 in their trade lookup? :-k

#33 Alkalinejoe

Alkalinejoe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 11:32 AM

Opinions wanted! Is this worth an upgrade from the standard edition w/novella? And why the hell doesn't Best Buy have XIII-2 listed for 360 in their trade lookup? :-k

It came up for me. It's $8, just like the PS3 version.

#34 enigma

enigma

Posted 18 August 2012 - 11:49 AM

It came up for me. It's $8, just like the PS3 version.

Ahh. Nevermind. They made a typo and wrote it as XII-2 for the 360 version. And since I haven't been to sleep yet, my brain couldn't process it. :razz: I locked in a $15 trade-in value on Amazon while I figure out what the best (if any) approach to take is. Thanks!

#35 ferant316

ferant316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 11:59 AM

I think this is universal, saw it at that price at two Best Buys yesterday, picked up one of the novella version and now trying to unload my sealed CE I got from Amazon to get my money back.

They also had the Gears of War 3 Xbox 360, Arkham City, Max Payne 3, Prototype 2 and a few other CEs I'm blanking out on at 50% off but that may be YMMV.

#36 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:41 PM

Hmm...no collector's editions at my closest store. So I guess that means no novella bundled collector's editions either.

I guess I could go look at my local stores anyway. Maybe I'll find a vanilla copy/non-collector's edition bundled with the novella.

#37 Havokscry

Havokscry

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 03:51 PM

Picked up one of each this morning. They had the 360 version tagged at $29.99, but it rang up at $59.99. Upon further inspection by the manager, the tag was intended for the PS3 version. He matched the $29.99 price. Both versions were marked with a 30% off sticker, so I ended up paying $20.99 plus tax for each. Both had the novella.

#38 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 08:47 PM

I think this is universal, saw it at that price at two Best Buys yesterday, picked up one of the novella version and now trying to unload my sealed CE I got from Amazon to get my money back.

They also had the Gears of War 3 Xbox 360, Arkham City, Max Payne 3, Prototype 2 and a few other CEs I'm blanking out on at 50% off but that may be YMMV.

I'd buy the Prototype LE for a decent price, probably $30 or less. It's $80 retail right now still in my area.

Hmm...no collector's editions at my closest store. So I guess that means no novella bundled collector's editions either.

I guess I could go look at my local stores anyway. Maybe I'll find a vanilla copy/non-collector's edition bundled with the novella.

That versionnwas tagged $40 at my store.

Picked up one of each this morning. They had the 360 version tagged at $29.99, but it rang up at $59.99. Upon further inspection by the manager, the tag was intended for the PS3 version. He matched the $29.99 price. Both versions were marked with a 30% off sticker, so I ended up paying $20.99 plus tax for each. Both had the novella.

Wow that is lucky!

#39 MR_E

MR_E

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2012 - 12:33 AM

While I was out, I checked to see if there were any lingering copies floating around at the 2 stores closest to me, but all I found were 360 copies (with novella) at full price.

The really frustrating thing is that I'm pretty sure the closest store only had non-novella vanilla copies during the Unlocked coupon sale (when I got mine) and blowout sale...but they sold out and restocked...and now both vanilla copies they have on the shelves are the novella bundles.

#40 scottman

scottman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2012 - 01:16 AM

The really frustrating thing is that I'm pretty sure the closest store only had non-novella vanilla copies during the Unlocked coupon sale (when I got mine) and blowout sale...but they sold out and restocked...and now both vanilla copies they have on the shelves are the novella bundles.

Yep, exactly what I've been seeing. A lot of stores recently got a shipment of novella standard editions.

#41 zeke222

zeke222

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2012 - 02:53 AM

picked up the last ps3 copy in phillipsburg, NJ. They still had a x360 copy but it was not on sale.

#42 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2012 - 03:19 AM

I picked it up for $15 2 weeks ago :)
"Evil is Funs"

#43 MR_E

MR_E

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 05:15 AM

FYI, my store just put the 360 version on clearance at $30. Possibly YMMV (it was in their store-specific clearance dump bin), but could be national given the previous ps3 version drop.

#44 Devulture

Devulture

Scavenging the Earth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 12:43 PM

It's kinda sad that I see at least five collector's editions (3 PS3, 2 360) in my local store, and they've been unsold for over a month.

#45 gepet0

gepet0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 04:53 PM

Is the collectors edition shrink wrapped in plastic? IE sealed I am getting conflicting reports. also which version is better 360 or ps3? tia

#46 MR_E

MR_E

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 05:29 PM

Is the collectors edition shrink wrapped in plastic? IE sealed I am getting conflicting reports. also which version is better 360 or ps3? tia

I think the 360 one I saw at my store was the collectors edition and novella shrinkwrapped together.

#47 gepet0

gepet0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 05:43 PM

I think the 360 one I saw at my store was the collectors edition and novella shrinkwrapped together.

Was novella with the ce a BB exclusive or gamestop has them as well?

#48 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 05:55 PM

The 360 version of this has been $50 or maybe even $60 at my store for a while now. It is down to one copy (last time I checked) but the price hasn't budged. $30 I could finally bite on, but I don't even have that kind of money to spare at the moment... so I'm conflicted. Drop! Don't drop.

Looking to sell codes for The Gunstringer and Fruit Ninja Kinect, together or separately. Message me with your offer.

Stream KMFDM's new album KUNST in its entirety here!

#49 Kay_Faraday

Kay_Faraday

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 06:12 PM

Was novella with the ce a BB exclusive or gamestop has them as well?

the novel is a bb exclusive. i think you got a dlc costume if you pre ordered from gs.

#50 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 06:37 PM

the novel is a bb exclusive. i think you got a dlc costume if you pre ordered from gs.

You received a bow and outfit.

#51 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 07:04 PM

Somehow I missed this thread, but yeah it is a universal drop to 29.99 for PS3.

#52 Bamjoe

Bamjoe

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 10:27 PM

I am really torn on this. With all of the DLC there is for this game, I am waiting for them to release a complete edition, but no guarantee that is going to happen. Although with the 3rd (and supposedly final game) in Lightening's saga coming out, I wouldn't be surprised if a complete version was released at around the same time.

#53 seraph011

seraph011

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 11:29 AM

Hopefully Amazon pm's this price...

#54 Kstyle

Kstyle

Sony Fan boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:49 PM

I just went to bestbuy finally found a copy its 39.99 D;

#55 NuclearPorkchop

NuclearPorkchop

Herc Mondo's Cousin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 04:11 AM

Hmm...I ended up getting a pair of the Novella copies back when it was on sale for 14.99...but then traded the games in like a week later because there was no way I'd be able to play through FF13 in the time it'd take for this to drop in price (still have the books, even).

Worth it for the soundtrack?

Currently Playing:
:ps3: MGS Peace Walker HD

:360: n/a
:pc: Batman Arkham Origins; EYE Divine Cybermancy; Hawken; Sam & Max S1E04

Add me on Steam, we'll play games and stuff:

#56 SirConnery

SirConnery

You're The Man Now Dog!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 06:46 AM

If anyone wants just the novella for the cost of shipping, drop me a pm. I recently traded in a copy of the game for 360 with a bunch of other things to Gamestop and kept the novella because it had no trade value.