Photo
- - - - -

Band Hero: Band Kit (PS3/360) $34.99 plus Free Shipping @ Newegg School-Ready Sale

• Please log in to reply
130 replies to this topic

#1 Omega_ZX

Omega_ZX

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 11:23 AM

Hello CAGs!

Newegg is having a School-Ready Electronic sale, in which Band Hero: Band Kit on sale for $34.99.

360 version:
http://www.newegg.co..._-74117100-L06D

PS3 version:
http://www.newegg.co..._-79221183-L06C

Other noteworthy item is Dead Island: GOTY Edition for $19.99, also with free shipping.

360 version:
http://www.newegg.co..._-74165023-L06A

PS3 version:
http://www.newegg.co..._-79262048-L06B

Cheers

Edited by Omega_ZX, 17 August 2012 - 11:35 AM.

#2 KirbyLovesTacos

KirbyLovesTacos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 11:44 AM

Decided to buy it lol. I've been itching to play music games for a while now. Not gonna get a better deal than this.

#3 Darkas

Darkas

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 17 August 2012 - 11:56 AM

Decided to buy it lol. I've been itching to play music games for a while now. Not gonna get a better deal than this.

After 2 months it will end up at goodwill for 5 bucks.

#4 poopants

poopants

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 12:05 PM

Thanks OP! My drum set was dying and now I have a suitable replacement.

#5 Carnage

Carnage

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 12:18 PM

After 2 months it will end up at goodwill for 5 bucks.

Wow! 5$ I'll hold out for that!
But seriously, 35$ for a new item not in production anymore that you may never be able to get again? I'm in.

#6 mkelehan

mkelehan

Xbox Live Arcade Fiend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 12:27 PM

Best guitar on the market. And Band Hero has a couple good songs, but you'd do well to pick up Rock Band 3.

#7 Monoxide1986

Monoxide1986

Recovering Flipper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 01:10 PM

Best guitar on the market. And Band Hero has a couple good songs, but you'd do well to pick up Rock Band 3.

I preferred the Warriors of Rock guitar that came in the game/guitar bundle only. Looks cool and works great.

#8 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 17 August 2012 - 01:16 PM

Does Dead Island GOTY have the content on disc or is it a voucher?
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#9 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 01:28 PM

I'll second the other CAG's endorsement of Rock Band 3; actually almost any of the Rock Band games are superior to the Hero series.

fs_pc.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#10 Kerplunkuga

Kerplunkuga

Posted 17 August 2012 - 01:30 PM

This kit gets pretty awful reviews on Amazon - I'm assuming its the same version thats being sold there? Some people mention there being a different kit depending on where you buy it. I'm trying to find a new guitar or 2 for use with GH and RB since one of mine has bit the dust and the other is on the verge. Just can't seem to find them cheap anywhere nowadays...

Posted Image

#11 Tolmes

Tolmes

CAG ADDICT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 01:36 PM

Good Find...just want to make sure before I pull the trigger, because it doesn't say...

This comes w/ the game, microphone, guitar, and drums right?

#12 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 01:39 PM

I'm considering getting this only because I need a guitar for PS3, and I can't seem to find one for cheaper than this whole bundle. Am I just not looking good enough? Seems a guitar only goes for $40+

#13 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 01:39 PM

This kit gets pretty awful reviews on Amazon - I'm assuming its the same version thats being sold there? Some people mention there being a different kit depending on where you buy it. I'm trying to find a new guitar or 2 for use with GH and RB since one of mine has bit the dust and the other is on the verge. Just can't seem to find them cheap anywhere nowadays...

I'm not sure if what you're looking at is the same: the two SKUs I saw on Amazon for XBOX and PS3 were for "super bundles," and with the music games I don't trust that anything is the same unless the name is exactly the same.

fs_pc.png

#14 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 01:41 PM

I'm considering getting this only because I need a guitar for PS3, and I can't seem to find one for cheaper than this whole bundle. Am I just not looking good enough? Seems a guitar only goes for $40+

Big Lots was selling GH3 bundles with the wireless guitar for $20 a while ago so you could check your local stores but I have a feeling they're probably long gone. That's where I got my guitar and it works just fine with any of the Rock Band games.

fs_pc.png

#15 RySenkari

RySenkari

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 01:55 PM

Apparently there was some kind of problem with defective drums or pedals or some such thing, I'd assume they would've corrected that problem by now and if not you can always get a refund.

I bit. I was reluctant to do so since I'm also getting The Last Story, NSMB2, the Hunger Games Blu-Ray, and the God of War Saga Collection around this time too, but I figured what the hell and bit anyway.

#16 TaylorM06

TaylorM06

Posted 17 August 2012 - 02:02 PM

Does Dead Island GOTY have the content on disc or is it a voucher?

I've heard it's on the disc.

#17 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 02:09 PM

Wow this is super tempting. We haven't had a Rock Band party in forever because both my guitars wore out. Not sure I wanna blow that much cash right now (would need to buy 2 of them). I haven't been able to find any guitars new or used in a long time. Considering they were traded in by so many so regularly at Gamestop you would think they would have been really cheap to replace.

#18 mkelehan

mkelehan

Xbox Live Arcade Fiend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 02:13 PM

I'll second the other CAG's endorsement of Rock Band 3; actually almost any of the Rock Band games are superior to the Hero series.

I will say that, IMO, GH5 is better than RB1. RB2 beats them all, and RB3 is just the last word in plastic instrument gaming.

#19 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 02:21 PM

I will say that, IMO, GH5 is better than RB1. RB2 beats them all, and RB3 is just the last word in plastic instrument gaming.

It's been too long since I played Rock Band 1, so I'll defer to your judgment on that one. ;)

fs_pc.png

#20 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 02:23 PM

Does the NEWCUTOMER10 coupon still work? If not is there one that does? I haven't ordered from Newegg in about a year.

#21 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

"I'm all for butt stuff" -Munkywawa

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 02:28 PM

Ya I had to bite on this, thanks OP! I'd love a full band set again, wasn't it just $50 on Target?

Anyway, pardon my ignorance, but this works all the Rock Band and Guitar Hero games, right?

EDIT: The Rock Band website site is down, but it kind of sounds like everything works with everything now.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#22 Bosamba

Bosamba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 02:33 PM

Discounted prices and/or promo codes are valid till 08/23/2012.

:360: Dragon Age 2 $9.99
:wii: Rock Band 3 Keyboard Bundle $29.99

SONY Playstation 3 Console 160 GB Refurbished $199.99
use promo code EMCNBJC42
1 year replacement extended service plan $26.99
2 year replacement extended service plan $49.99
:grouphug:

Wondering which platform to buy the game for? Use Mr. Slimm's Blog http://misterslimm.w...ce-off-results/

Interested in a PC game but not sure if your rig can run it? Go here http://www.systemreq...tslab.com/cyri/

#23 lydon

lydon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 02:44 PM

Anyway, pardon my ignorance, but this works all the Rock Band and Guitar Hero games, right?

I don't think the drums work with the original Rock Band but it should with everything else.

Edited by lydon, 17 August 2012 - 02:55 PM.

JoeGazi.png

#24 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 02:48 PM

Fuck it. I bit on 2 anyway. No idea where I'm going to put all that crap, but I've been desperately looking for far too long to find some cheap guitars.

#25 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

"I'm all for butt stuff" -Munkywawa

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 02:59 PM

I don't think the drums work with the original Rock Band but it should with everything else.

Thanks!

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#26 mr_burnzz

mr_burnzz

Thanks, I got one. I had to trash my drums cuz my nephew fucked it up. 35 for all the instruments is nice. Thanks again.

#27 waldo21212

waldo21212

Pretty sure the newer guitar hero stuff (drums and guitars) don't work with Rock Band 1, but it should work with Rock Band 2.

I know my GH5 guitars worked with everything but RB1.

#28 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 17 August 2012 - 03:04 PM

Ya I had to bite on this, thanks OP! I'd love a full band set again, wasn't it just $50 on Target?

EDIT: The Rock Band website site is down, but it kind of sounds like everything works with everything now.

Google guitar comparability matrix or something like that. It's a matrix (spread sheet) that lists all the games and instruments. I think Joystiq put it together. Pretty helpful

#29 TheCro

TheCro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 03:15 PM

lol @ the other shipping prices. 60+ for shipping that gigantic box. Fuck that. Definitely ordered one though. I needed a set of drums for my other music games.

#30 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 03:15 PM

Here's the list shadowkast was referring to.