Photo
- - - - -

Band Hero: Band Kit (PS3/360) $34.99 plus Free Shipping @ Newegg School-Ready Sale

• Please log in to reply
130 replies to this topic

#31 vamn

vamn

Posted 17 August 2012 - 03:23 PM

Pretty sure the newer guitar hero stuff (drums and guitars) don't work with Rock Band 1, but it should work with Rock Band 2.

I know my GH5 guitars worked with everything but RB1.

If you're wondering which instruments work with which games, then check out this compatibility chart on the Rock Band website:

http://www.rockband.com/compatibility

uKeETz5.jpgvamn.png

#32 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Munky blows goats. I have proof.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 03:27 PM

Thanks guys, everything I'm seeing there is saying I should be good to go!

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#33 krashhole

krashhole

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 03:31 PM

Not a bad deal at all. Seems like they never fixed the issues with the drums because people are still complaining about them as of 2 months ago. I guess if you need the guitar, it's worth it.

#34 omyard

omyard

dreaming neon black

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 03:34 PM

Does Dead Island GOTY have the content on disc or is it a voucher?

On the PS3 it's in disc.

#35 MaxBiaggi3

MaxBiaggi3

Designated Bad Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 03:46 PM

Not a bad deal at all. . .

Until you remember that Sears blew the full band sets out for $20 (and TRU had them for $30) just last year.

#36 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Munky blows goats. I have proof.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 03:49 PM

Until you remember that Sears blew the full band sets out for $20 (and TRU had them for $30) just last year.

Ya but those were near impossible to find, especially the TRU ones. I checked the 3 stores around me and had 0 luck.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#37 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 17 August 2012 - 04:00 PM

I used to be able to buy milk for $1 a gallon too.

#38 TheOmegaSoldier

TheOmegaSoldier

Posted 17 August 2012 - 04:01 PM

Does the NEWCUTOMER10 coupon still work? If not is there one that does? I haven't ordered from Newegg in about a year.

How did you manage to do that? I can't STOP ordering from there. Between their almost daily email deals and their preorder deals almost all my games are coming from there now.

#39 netscorer

netscorer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 04:03 PM

Ya but those were near impossible to find, especially the TRU ones. I checked the 3 stores around me and had 0 luck.

Plus both TRU and Sears had sales tax, so Newegg price is pretty much equal. With free shipping my guess Newegg just blows remaining inventory - it's probably just slightly cheaper then to ship it all to the garbage dump.

#40 wynams

wynams

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 04:12 PM

I kept missing all of the $20 DI GOTY, thanks OP! thanks SHOPRUNNER! thanks EGG!

PS FU zon

#41 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 17 August 2012 - 04:40 PM

On the PS3 it's in disc.

Thanks
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#42 K_G

K_G

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 04:54 PM

Apparently there was some kind of problem with defective drums or pedals or some such thing, I'd assume they would've corrected that problem by now and if not you can always get a refund.

These could be the very first sets made....When old merch like is being clearanced like this (activision probably cleared out their warehouses and shipped the remains to Newegg), folks should have no expectation about where it was produced during the production run....It could have been the first or the last one made. Also, given how this set stagnated at retail, I wouldn't expect that it went through numerous production runs with iterative improvements along the way.....I would expect that most sets made were from the first, and possibly only production run.

Also there are no refunds on this item from newegg....you can get a replacement within 30 days but that is it (and shipping it back will probably run at least $15 if not more).

#43 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 04:54 PM

How did you manage to do that? I can't STOP ordering from there. Between their almost daily email deals and their preorder deals almost all my games are coming from there now.

I pretty much only buy games for sub $20 anymore and other than the Best Buy blowout sale this week I really haven't bothered buying much of those in a while. I feel like I've picked up nearly everything that's been on my hit list for a while. Newegg has definitely had some great preorder deals for a while now, but with the backlog as big as it is the only game I have preordered this year was Diablo III's CE which I got for $85 at buy.com (net cost was $50 to me after a $35 credit I had from the Vita). I was super tempted to get the Z.O.E. collection (HUGE fan of the franchise-Z.O.E. 1 might be my favorite PS2 game) when they had the $10 off preorder deal though. $30 is a great deal for it but I think I can hold out for $20 anyway.

#44 RiPPn

RiPPn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 05:32 PM

Thanks OP, snagged one for PS3, never had plastic instruments on the PS3, and can grab the older games for pennies. Great find!

125365.png

#45 Monoxide1986

Monoxide1986

Recovering Flipper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 05:40 PM

Regarding the defective drums, one of the sets I purchased from TRU when they were clearing them out had a bad drum set. I simply filled out one of their warranty replacement forms on their website, printed the shipping label they provided me, and sent it off. In about a week or so I had a new set (2nd Gen re-model no less, with detachable control pad) sitting on my door-step.

I was very impressed with their warranty department. Just a heads up for people worried about the drums.

#46 mr_burnzz

mr_burnzz

Posted 17 August 2012 - 05:43 PM

I hope the drums won't be screwed like most are saying it is. I bought this just for the drums...

#47 gar3

gar3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 05:46 PM

I just bought my fifth set of drums (Guitar Hero World Tour x2 and now Band Hero x3). Out of those sets two sets of drums (always the red one) have broken within the warranty period and I had zero issues with replacements from Activision. Buy and have fun with 'em and don't worry about the issues I say.

#48 ShadowedAsh

ShadowedAsh

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 05:59 PM

This makes me now have 2 drum sets, 2 mics and 5 guitars. Good god.

#49 Don Chubo

Don Chubo

Defund NPR & CPB.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:11 PM

With just guitars being so expensive, this takes any thought at all? No, it doesn't - 5 sets ordered. Thanks, OP.
From the Book of Deluded and/or Ridiculous, Vol. 1, page 1, paragraph 1:

Oh, any ideology has people who speak quite crassly or aren't intellectually deep. Us on the left are proud of the fact that, despite knowing we have them, we don't elect them to office or treat them as vanguards of a movement.

Should we start with Biden, Hank Johnson, Sheila Jackson Lee, and Tony Wiener and work from there? Dumbass.

Posted Image
Don't piss Mooch off.

#50 JzN86

JzN86

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:24 PM

Whats the consensus on DI? Is $20 a good price to bite or should I wait until Black Friday? I already have a backlog of games to tend to x.X

#51 vamn

vamn

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:46 PM

With just guitars being so expensive, this takes any thought at all? No, it doesn't - 5 sets ordered. Thanks, OP.

I know, right? All I needed was a guitar and they're going for $30-35 used on eBay. With the drums, game, etc. it's one hell of a deal.

uKeETz5.jpgvamn.png

#52 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 07:52 PM

I had been wanting some drums as I only had the portable set that was on Amazon for $10. This gives me so much more for a little more then it would have cost to find some on craigslist, thanks OP.

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

Video Games, Movies, and TV

https://itunes.apple...d884775591?mt=2

181104.pngblade3d.png

#53 omyard

omyard

dreaming neon black

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 08:02 PM

My girlfriend hasn't played ny of these before, but she's wanted to. So I bought this for her so she could have the drums.

I already have 2 guitars from a few years ago and just bought LEGO Rock Band for $7 from Best Buy. I think I'll make a trip down to GameStop and get RB 1 and 2. So she'll have plenty to play.

#54 jaide

jaide

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 08:58 PM

My order was placed within a minute of seeing Band Hero kit and 34.99 in the same sentence. I have to original Rock Band drum sets, and I've been wanting something new and hopefully sturdier.

#55 Nazgul11

Nazgul11

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 09:30 PM

Yeah, this really is a no-brainer. These aren't exactly easy to find on sale anymore, especially with no shipping or tax.

Thanks OP, definitely in for one.

#56 lydon

lydon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 09:54 PM

Finally bit! Thanks OP, I'm going to use the drums with my other drums to be midi controllers!

JoeGazi.png

#57 KrisMKX

KrisMKX

Posted 17 August 2012 - 10:55 PM

I know, right? All I needed was a guitar and they're going for $30-35 used on eBay. With the drums, game, etc. it's one hell of a deal.

That much huh? My local used game shop has around 50+ used guitars in just a room dedicated to plastic instruments ppl traded in over the years. Each console's wireless guitars are $7, wired ones are $4. I guess its time to flip some guitars on eBay.

106889.png

#58 NismoZ32

NismoZ32

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 11:02 PM

Thanks OP. Bought one. I bought a Band Hero bundle off amazon from an outlet seller a year ago for $60 and completely regret it after seeing this. It came used with a busted drum stand and broken whammy bar and there was nothing I could do.

This makes for 2 drum sets, 6 guitars, and around 5 mics under my belt. Now I just need to hunt down a keyboard and some DJ Hero turntables.

#59 zombieking779

zombieking779

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 11:22 PM

Thanks OP. Bought one. I bought a Band Hero bundle off amazon from an outlet seller a year ago for $60 and completely regret it after seeing this. It came used with a busted drum stand and broken whammy bar and there was nothing I could do.

This makes for 2 drum sets, 6 guitars, and around 5 mics under my belt. Now I just need to hunt down a keyboard and some DJ Hero turntables.

If your looking for the DJ Hero turntables try going to Ross or Marshalls, if there is any near you that is. I've bought two DJ Hero 2 bundles for around $20 each. I saw some a month ago at my local Ross.

#60 mcizzles

mcizzles

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 18 August 2012 - 01:11 AM

just bought this! thanks for the great heads up. Now any reco's for the rockband series games lol ;D jw. :D