Dragon Age 2 X360 $9.99 Newegg

[quote name='mtincher']This seems like a good price. How is the story in DA2?[/QUOTE]

More hack and slash than RPG. I think the demo does it justice so try before you buy if you are concerned. I got it for 5 from BBY awhile back but in the absence of a time machine I would buy for 10. Worth it in my opinion.

I love how CAG is literally the only site you can find where people would say DA2 is worth playing. Lets think about that for a moment.

$10 is cheap, but is it worth your time to play the most generic game of all time? Do you enjoy clearing the same exact dungeon dozens of times for every single side quest? It may have a different entrance and be in a different land, but you will walk in and be in the same fucking dungeon you did 4 hours earlier. Its literally one of the worst games of the gen.

[quote name='Slowdance']I love how CAG is literally the only site you can find where people would say DA2 is worth playing. Lets think about that for a moment.

$10 is cheap, but is it worth your time to play the most generic game of all time? Do you enjoy clearing the same exact dungeon dozens of times for every single side quest? It may have a different entrance and be in a different land, but you will walk in and be in the same fucking dungeon you did 4 hours earlier. Its literally one of the worst games of the gen.[/QUOTE]

Also, when you attempt to explore this generic environment, you'll be fighting generic enemies after every fucken corner. The waves of enemies annoyed me more than anything else in this game. Considering that you can find Kingdom of Amalur for $20/25 which is vastly superior to this crap, don't bother buying it.

[quote name='mtincher']This seems like a good price. How is the story in DA2?[/QUOTE]

The story and characters are alright, but enjoy 50 hours in one small city with some minor generic caves.

The characters and the post-launch DLC (2 quests at $10 each) are the best things about the game. The people who say this game isn't worth playing for $10 are stupid.

[quote name='MSUHitman']The characters and the post-launch DLC (2 quests at $10 each) are the best things about the game. The people who say this game isn't worth playing for $10 are stupid.[/QUOTE]

So I gotta spend 20 dollars to make my 10 dollar game good?. That's some bullshit right there.

I picked this up even though I already own the Signature Edition on :ps3:. I figure if I have to pay MSRP for the two story DLCs, it's $20. If I buy this and the two DLCs go on sale on Xbox Live, my total is also $20. Legend and some weapon packs already went on sale in January I think; I regret passing on it.

To add my own opinion, I enjoyed and played through Dragon Age 2 while Tales of Vesperia, Nier, Kingdoms of Amalur, etc. remain unfinished in my backlog. I admit Dragon Age 2 is repetitive, and the enemy waves can be annoying, but I'll take a B- effort from Bioware over most other titles anyday.

The characterization in this game is leaps and bounds over the industry average. There are strong, well rounded females that don't just exist for male objectification and don realistic clothing (No metal bikinis). This will make a great game if you have a girlfriend/wife/mistress who rolls her eyes when she sees you playing the typical "dudebro" shooter.

[quote name='Slowdance']I love how CAG is literally the only site you can find where people would say DA2 is worth playing. Lets think about that for a moment.

$10 is cheap, but is it worth your time to play the most generic game of all time? Do you enjoy clearing the same exact dungeon dozens of times for every single side quest? It may have a different entrance and be in a different land, but you will walk in and be in the same fucking dungeon you did 4 hours earlier. Its literally one of the worst games of the gen.[/QUOTE]

I don't think "literally" is the right word. It got very good reviews when it came out.

Bought the signature edition when it first came out, completely molested game compared to the 1st, but I think it is still worth $10. If you loved the first one, this one might be enjoyable but to a lesser extent.

[quote name='MSUHitman']The characters and the post-launch DLC (2 quests at $10 each) are the best things about the game. The people who say this game isn't worth playing for $10 are stupid.[/QUOTE]

People who think that a dungeon crawl and a 2 hour quest are worth $10 each are in fact stupid.

Awesome deal. While not as good as the first Dragon Age, and the repetitive environments are annoying, its still a great RPG, lots of fun...It sucks the game has such a bad reputation.

DA2 has become an underrated game. It has flaws, sure, but its biggest problem is that it must inevitably be compared to Dragon Age Origins, which is fantastic, while it's...just decent. It's not great, but it's certainly not terrible.

I also bought this full price and this was the game that taught me to wait for more word of mouth instead of buying Bioware games sight unseen. Game was garbage and felt rushed as hell. Yeah it is cheap but so are a ton of games more deserving of your time.

What is with the a couple of these posts. To each his own. No need to call another poster stupid for liking a game you may not like. That is stupid, not the gamer. wrong community if you want to be a d***

$10 is cheap, but is it worth your time to play the most generic game of all time? Do you enjoy clearing the same exact dungeon dozens of times for every single side quest? It may have a different entrance and be in a different land, but you will walk in and be in the same fucking dungeon you did 4 hours earlier. Its literally one of the worst games of the gen.[/QUOTE] Did you miss the huge threads dedicated to Deadliest warrior or DNF when they were cheap.

Also, I don't understand how so many people miss 8-10 sales on the same game. This game has been $5, $10 a couple times & even better $20 not too long after it release when you could play beat it & trade it for close to $35. I can understand not checking CAG everyday but at least twice a week just to protect your previous purchases.

[quote name='Enuf']Did you miss the huge threads dedicated to Deadliest warrior or DNF when they were cheap.

Also, I don't understand how so many people miss 8-10 sales on the same game. This game has been $5, $10 a couple times & even better $20 not too long after it release when you could play beat it & trade it for close to $35. I can understand not checking CAG everyday but at least twice a week just to protect your previous purchases.[/QUOTE]

Deadliest Warrior was FREE. This fail of a game is $10

[quote name='HornyPony']People who think that a dungeon crawl and a 2 hour quest are worth $10 each are in fact stupid.[/QUOTE]

Hahahaha, I fuckin love this. Sometimes, game arguments delve into the realm of objectivity. This is one of those times.

Also, Deadliest Warrior is awesome

[quote name='Skydude']DA2 has become an underrated game. It has flaws, sure, but its biggest problem is that it must inevitably be compared to Dragon Age Origins, which is fantastic, while it's...just decent. It's not great, but it's certainly not terrible.[/QUOTE]

Ahahaha, underrated?

Its not even the same fucking genre as the game before it, of course it doesn't compare well.

[quote name='HornyPony']Deadliest Warrior was FREE. This fail of a game is $10[/QUOTE]I paid $20 for it months & months ago & it still sits in the backlog but my 2nd/3rd copies were traded for $34ish each so I made out better paying $20 for that then getting deadliest warrior for free.

I read the thread & there were numerous people who weren't unlocked. They passed on all the months of cheap prices on AAA games but were willing to pay $15 for the "free" game. So was it really free? Not to mention the gas/time needed to get it(at least that's the excuses presented from the anti-BB ppl).

People will pay $15 or less for most games even bad ones I guess it's what it is worth to them. If they get $10 worth of fun/enjoyment so be it.

People are WAAAY too hard on this game.

The gameplay was not really that different from Origins. People make it out like they totally turned this into a hack-and-slash or something. It's nothing like that.

The companion characters are classic BioWare. If hanging out with and getting to know some very well-written characters is something you liked about Origins or Mass Effect, you'll get that here too.

The map re-use (same map represents different areas) is really terrible and annoying. No argument there!

Look, it's a very similar game to Origins overall, as you'd expect from a sequel. If you liked Origins there's a good chance you'll like this too. I actually liked it better than Origins because I found the story and characters more interesting.

bread's done
Back