Star Wars The Old Republic CE $19.99 Best Buy.com

• Please log in to reply
264 replies to this topic

#31 ken9

ken9

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:24 PM

GG it was still in stock a second ago and OOS when i tried adding it to cart...

oh well, PM this to GS last week for $29.99 and gonna try going back to see if i can get it PM'd again to $19.99..

#32 Multibeaster79

Multibeaster79

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:25 PM

Question regarding the CE and subscription fees (for now). I have the CE ($30 from
GS) and it comes with a free month. My question is: can you buy the non-CE edition that's on sale at BB this week for $7.49 and essentially use it as a "time card" since the boxed versions come with a free month? Ie basically get sep and oct for half off and get the subscription bonuses.

#33 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:25 PM

I missed out Kmart $30-ish. Very happy with $21.XX after taxes ;)
"Evil is Funs"

#34 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:26 PM

You should know by now that buying any CE over $100 is a suckers bet. I fell for it once with Halo 3 and never again.

The Borderlands ultimate loot chest will likely want a word with you about that.

#35 Antipodes

Antipodes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:28 PM

Question regarding the CE and subscription fees (for now). I have the CE ($30 from
GS) and it comes with a free month. My question is: can you buy the non-CE edition that's on sale at BB this week for $7.49 and essentially use it as a "time card" since the boxed versions come with a free month? Ie basically get sep and oct for half off and get the subscription bonuses.

If you register the normal version first, then upgrade to the CE, I think you'll get 60 days free subscription.

I'm guessing it doesn't work the other way around.

#36 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:29 PM

Oh god no. The Skyrim CE is 1/2 my height.

You're a three foot midget? :lol:

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#37 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:30 PM

Just ordered one for Store Pickup, $10.81 after taxes and RZ cert. Must've got the order in right as they closed the store pickup window.

#38 Antipodes

Antipodes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:32 PM

Completely dead already? :(

#39 Sizzler7

Sizzler7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:35 PM

Some stores around me have it, is the game any fun? I think I can run this on my laptop since I can run D3 maybe I'll try it out. This would really jump my backlog up I have no time.

edit: I am a Star Wars fan, anyone try it?

#40 proKoyeon

proKoyeon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:35 PM

i think i may have gotten the last one...

#41 Antipodes

Antipodes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:40 PM

Some stores around me have it, is the game any fun? I think I can run this on my laptop since I can run D3 maybe I'll try it out. This would really jump my backlog up I have no time.

edit: I am a Star Wars fan, anyone try it?

If you are a SW fan, it's worth it for the extras alone. People either love the game or hate it so you'll have to try it for yourself. It's a fun leveling experience if you like Bioware games, but most people don't stick around that long after hitting max level.

I wouldn't bother playing the game though if you're doing it from a non-gaming laptop.

#42 Sizzler7

Sizzler7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:45 PM

If you are a SW fan, it's worth it for the extras alone. People either love the game or hate it so you'll have to try it for yourself. It's a fun leveling experience if you like Bioware games, but most people don't stick around that long after hitting max level.

I wouldn't bother playing the game though if you're doing it from a non-gaming laptop.

10-4 on the laptop it might have to run this at really low level and not be that enjoyable. I'll put the 20 toward Darksiders 2 I think or one of the 3DS games I'm getting Sunday.

#43 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:56 PM

Dammit I was just there, like I just got back. I saw them but never checked and it won't let me select store pick up from the website. Oh well.
Posted Image

#44 gantt

gantt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 07:09 PM

can you buy the non-CE edition that's on sale at BB this week for $7.49...

I see $14.99 for SWTOR non-CE (SKU 3031171) on the Best Buy website. Where is it $7.49?

#45 LD_Helix

LD_Helix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 07:18 PM

Score!!!!!!! Thanks OP! waiting was worth it!

#46 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 07:18 PM

The Borderlands ultimate loot chest will likely want a word with you about that.

I'm still firm on what I said.

Halo 3: paid full price, never again
Halo Reach: $75 and that was too much but it was right after launch
Gears 3: $60
Skyrim: $60

All of these were $150 at launch and dropped sharply. Hell, look at all the current Max Payne 3 CEs lying around, and that's a decent game.

#47 DJ_Tet

DJ_Tet

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 07:20 PM

If you really want the game don't trust the store inventory, I think it shuts it off when there is 1 or 2 left in-store.

I've been craving this since day one, nearly bought it for $150 even though I've never played an MMO, I loved KOTOR and its sequel that much.

Missed the KMart scramble due to work, same thing with the Gamestop scramble. Thank goodness I worked from home today.

I got the last one in my store. It said it was unavailable at every store near me but I knew my BB used to have a couple so I went to check anyway. So glad I did.

#48 sadboy

sadboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 07:23 PM

My store had a shelf full of these the last time I checked.

#49 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 07:31 PM

thanks op, man this game really flopped badly. The price drop is insane, they really killed any profit with the f2p public announcement. i wish i had a high spec comp for this game.

#50 xDerekRx

xDerekRx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 07:33 PM

Hmm is this price in store? Or just through online? I imagine if my store has some itll be full price?

#51 LD_Helix

LD_Helix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 07:35 PM

Hmm is this price in store? Or just through online? I imagine if my store has some itll be full price?

Instore also, confirm by my purchase just now

#52 DJ_Tet

DJ_Tet

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 07:36 PM

Yeah I bought it in-store and it rang up as $19.99.

#53 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 07:37 PM

i imagine in most cases, the price you see on bestbuy.com should reflect in store as well.

#54 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 07:39 PM

how big is it anyway? in terms of weight ? dimensions

#55 sgaldis

sgaldis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 07:43 PM

FFFFFFffffffffffuuuuuuuu.....Why did I have to pick today to do yard work! I've been outside for 3 hours, and this is what I missed! Being a huge SW fan, of course I already have this still sealed in my collection (full MSRP...grrr :(), but DAMN I would've loved to snag another one for $20. Might have to check a few of my local stores for low stock.

#56 Lemarfanz

Lemarfanz

Video Games Are Art!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 07:46 PM

anyone know if I buy one of these I can add the month to my already active account?
I LOVE INDIE GAMES!

I SUPPORT THEM WHOLEHEARTEDLY.

#57 Lemarfanz

Lemarfanz

Video Games Are Art!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 07:51 PM

also...will the stores honor this price? cant do in-store pick up...
I LOVE INDIE GAMES!

I SUPPORT THEM WHOLEHEARTEDLY.

#58 Evt

Evt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 07:54 PM

I Just placed my order, had it sitting in my cart since thread went active... the hype suckered me.

#59 MunchnOnDoritos

MunchnOnDoritos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 07:58 PM

also...will the stores honor this price? cant do in-store pick up...

Instore also, confirm by my purchase just now

Look a few posts above ya man :D.

#60 samejgink

samejgink

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 07:58 PM

Sold out?

Damn.