Resident Evil 6 $47.99 PS3/360 at Newegg

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#31 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 09:16 PM

Technically this is true but it only ends up being a couple dollars difference once tax is figured in plus you don't get that $20 bonus until a month after you pickup the game. I'll take the money off the top even if I might have to wait a day or two to receive the order.

I'm in CA, so newegg would charge me tax too. If you are not in CA however, and your tax rate is M, as long as M<13.33% the BBY deal is better. Of course unless you have little use for BBY GCs, which would be absurd.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#32 Dark_Sage

Dark_Sage

Posted 18 August 2012 - 09:19 PM

why do people go in threads and say ''I won't even be able to play this because of my backlog'' and then leave?

1. I didn't say I wouldn't be able to play this game because of my backlog. I said it's not uncommon for people on this site to wait for real deals on games because they don't need to have them RIGHT NOW.

2. I didn't "leave".

Again, lrn2literacy.

#33 Curufinwe

Curufinwe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 09:20 PM

Thanks OP, I just pre-ordered the 360 version.

I only got a Newegg account this month to get Persona 4 Arena, but their free 3-day shipping got the game to me only one day after release. So at this rate I might not buy a game from Amazon again for a long time. They just aren't competing.

Curufinwe5503.png? Curufinwe.jpg

#34 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 09:20 PM

Again, lrn2literacy.

That's an annoying little phrase there. I don't even know if it qualifies as a phrase, actually.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

#35 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 09:23 PM

I'm in CA, so newegg would charge me tax too. If you are not in CA however, and your tax rate is M, as long as M<13.33% the BBY deal is better. Of course unless you have little use for BBY GCs, which would be absurd.

Yes, as I said, the BB deal is TECHNICALLY better especially for you since Newegg hits you with tax. For me, the Newegg deal is better since I save the money right away without having to make a second purchase, don't have to use gas to drive to BB or wait for their slower shipping and save the tax.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#36 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 09:25 PM

Yes, as I said, the BB deal is TECHNICALLY better especially for you since Newegg hits you with tax. For me, the Newegg deal is better since I save the money right away without having to make a second purchase, don't have to use gas to drive to BB or wait for their slower shipping and save the tax.

Agreed. Newegg is pretty much dead to me because they charge tax for me as well. But I thought the RE6 preorder at BBY gives you extra content? Or am I remembering things wrong?

EDIT: I checked, it's the Rail Yard map.

EDIT2: I would preorder from Capcom store if they had this price in a heartbeat for the Umbrella umbrella.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#37 krashhole

krashhole

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 10:10 PM

Technically this is true but it only ends up being a couple dollars difference once tax is figured in plus you don't get that $20 bonus until a month after you pickup the game. I'll take the money off the top even if I might have to wait a day or two past release date to receive the order.

$65 up front at Bestbuy minus $20 = $45 Sure you won't get the $20 for nearly a month, but that is $20 to go towards the next game I have pre-ordered. New-egg is $47.99 unless you have to pay tax. So let's say you didn't have to pay tax, it's $3 more plus the wait to get it in the mail which no one can ever foresee shipping issues. Like I said initially, it's a deal if you don't care about the Bestbuy deal or want to wait on shipping.

#38 UndyingForce

UndyingForce

The Host with the Most

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 10:23 PM

IL CAGer here and newegg doesnt charge tax here yet. Cancelled my previous pre order with newegg and hopped on this. Thanks OP!
3DS Friend code: 1848-2470-1258

Sell/Trade List:
Guides: Metroid Zero Mission, Rogue Squadron, Eternal Darkness, F-Zero GX, SoulCalibur II (BradyGames)

PIN #s for Club Nintendo: Mario Kart DS

#39 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 10:29 PM

newegg does not sell the anthology edition of re6, right?

#40 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 12:09 AM

1. I didn't say I wouldn't be able to play this game because of my backlog. I said it's not uncommon for people on this site to wait for real deals on games because they don't need to have them RIGHT NOW.

2. I didn't "leave".

Again, lrn2literacy.

Please just leave then if this isn't a "real" deal for you.

#41 devil_blog_dracula

devil_blog_dracula

What Nintendon't.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 12:21 AM

In for one on 360! Nice find, OP!