Max Payne 3 - $19.83 at Wal-Mart

kn420994

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Not sure if this has been mentioned in any of the other threads, but Wal-Mart has Max Payne 3 for PS3 and Xbox 360 for $19.83. It's not listed on the site, but I noticed that the store I went to this morning (Dartmouth crossing) had the double pack with GTA: Episodes from Liberty City for the same price, although there weren't too many copies left.

http://www.walmart.ca/canada-estore...&skuTypeParam=Normal&catgId=&_requestid=79526

Ridiculous price drop. One of the fastest I've ever seen. Although nearing the end of this console cycle, I suppose I shouldn't be surprised.

I price matched Max Payne 3 at Bestbuy against Walmart when it was 29.83 two or so weeks ago.
Anyone know if I can reprice match to get the 10 back? Or can you only price match once?

[quote name='Eoyote']The Walmart I went to still had the game marked as $60 but it scanned at $20.[/QUOTE]

Whenever something scans differently I always invoke that consumer protection law that gets you 10 dollars off. If it was listed at 60 and scanned for 20 I think you could get it for 10! My god....

[quote name='Naylord']Whenever something scans differently I always invoke that consumer protection law that gets you 10 dollars off. If it was listed at 60 and scanned for 20 I think you could get it for 10! My god....[/QUOTE]

I think this only works if the item's price would have been higher than what it was supposed to be.

[quote name='Lockescythe']and since it's known everywhere you can use it for trade 1 for NSMB2 if you want to.[/QUOTE]

I didin't know until you said it.

Got a copy to play for 360 (came with Episodes of Liberty City), and a copy for PS3 to trade for NSMB2. Worked perfectly.

Thanks. Two more for the backlog. :applause:

[quote name='Xellos2099']What do u guys mean by trade for nsmb2?[/QUOTE]

They mean they are using the game to take advantage of the Future Shop promo "Trade 1 Game and get New Super Mario Bros 2 for free"

[quote name='Lightthrower']I think this only works if the item's price would have been higher than what it was supposed to be.[/QUOTE]

Yes I think that's how it's supposed to work but I've gotten to work in the inverse situation :p

[quote name='Chilly Chill']Picked up the GTA/Max Payne 3 pack for $20.[/QUOTE]

When? I saw the vanilla version for $29 today at Walmart. I just found my receipt which I got the combo pack for $29 back in July. Does Walmart price adjust over 30 days? The receipt's back lists their return policy for 90 days.

[quote name='Mr.']When? I saw the vanilla version for $29 today at Walmart. I just found my receipt which I got the combo pack for $29 back in July. Does Walmart price adjust over 30 days? The receipt's back lists their return policy for 90 days.[/QUOTE]

I've never "price adjusted" something before, but I think you are well past it anyways.
Pretty sure it's a week or two after you purchase it...

[quote name='sdime98']anybody had any luck in the US?[/QUOTE]
Wal-Mart Canada
Wal-Mart CANADA
CANADA
CAN
A
DA

Wal-Mart Canada ≠ American Wal-Mart

If it doesn't show up on walmart.com as on sale for $xx.xx, then it isn't on sale for $xx.xx in American Wal-Marts.

[quote name='Chilly Chill']I've never "price adjusted" something before, but I think you are well past it anyways.
Pretty sure it's a week or two after you purchase it...[/QUOTE]

The two weeks time frame is more usual with clothing retailers. I've price adjusted within a month at places like Future Shop and Costco.

[quote name='TeaBisquit']Wal-Mart Canada
Wal-Mart CANADA
CANADA
CAN
A
DA

Wal-Mart Canada ≠ American Wal-Mart

If it doesn't show up on walmart.com as on sale for $xx.xx, then it isn't on sale for $xx.xx in American Wal-Marts.[/QUOTE]

Good one :)

Yea..good job.. figured there would be a smartass remark, but didn't expect a near-instant one..just thought I'd take a shot in the dark..but i know not to expect any less from now on. for what it's worth, I have read on here about retailers price matching from one country to the other..but whatever.

[quote name='sdime98']Yea..good job.. figured there would be a smartass remark, but didn't expect a near-instant one..just thought I'd take a shot in the dark..but i know not to expect any less from now on. for what it's worth, I have read on here about retailers price matching from one country to the other..but whatever.[/QUOTE]

If it's any consolation to you. I just read this thread about an hour ago in the mobile app without reading the dates or what section it was posted in and ran up to Wal-mart in Colorado, US. After showing the sales rep the forum he offered to lower it down from $49.99 to $24.96. I kept asking them to scan it and got confused when they said it was full price and they ran around confused for about $10 minutes. So I bit considering my store was stocked with versions with a free Max Payne 1 download code.

I didn't want to bother doing another repost but if you guys already didn't know/ didn't see the walmart thread, Max Payne 3 is @ $19 till the 20th. You can PM it for less.

Same with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, but if your going to use either of them as qualifiers for the trade 1 or trade 2 deals, don't bother as they have been taken off the trade in list at Futureshop and Bestbuy.

bread's done
Back