Kirby Dream Collection Newegg $40

elyfant422

CAGiversary!
Don't know how Newegg keeps doing these great deals. Saw Kirby Dream Collection for pre-order $39.99. Free shipping too. Great deal seeing as though Amazon will not be selling it and $50 everywhere else. No coupon code needed as well.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16878190298&Tpk=kirby dream collection

edit:

As Sway has pointed out it seems that this is MSRP. I personally still think it is a good deal as Newegg doesn't charge tax for most and shipping is free.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oooh, so Amazon won't be carrying it? I wonder if I should bite. I don't recall there being much of a discount on the Mario collection.

Thanks OP. Will buy from GS when it comes out. Didn't know about this before and seeing Kirby 64 (my favorite in the series) made this an insta buy.

I was about to go buy a wii for this game until I saw what games came with it. For some reason I thought it contained all/alot of kirby games.

Close call for my wallet

[quote name='JP73']Is it a Limited release like Mario All Stars?[/QUOTE]

Maybe the initial prining will be limited.... just like Mario All Stars :roll:

[quote name='elyfant422']Don't know how Newegg keeps doing these great deals. Saw Kirby Dream Collection for pre-order $39.99. Free shipping too. Great deal seeing as though Amazon will not be selling it and $50 everywhere else. No coupon code needed as well.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16878190298&Tpk=kirby dream collection[/QUOTE]

[quote name='elyfant422']Didn't know about Gamestop. I just know it is $50 at Best Buy and thought this was better.[/QUOTE]

Other than Best Buy, where else is it $50? As you've stated, it's $40 at Newegg. It's also at GameStop, Target, and goHastings (probably other places I don't know about atm). I'd guess that is the MSRP and Best Buy hasn't updated their price yet.

Pretty sure it's another soft box, so I don't think I'd risk buying it from an on-line retailer, especially one like NewEgg that uses bubble pouches for most items.

I wouldn't recommend buying this from newegg. They will ship it in a padded envelope, and the box will be screwed up. Gamestop.com usually ships in boxes for these types of things, though, so they are a safe bet.

[quote name='UndyingForce']Did we confirm $39.99 is the MSRP for the Kirby collection? Wasn't Mario All Stars Wii $29.99 MSRP?[/QUOTE]

It was, but this one has a bit more stuff. All Stars was just a port of the SNES that had the 3 games plus the Lost levels. This has 6 full games plus new challenge levels so it makes sense that it would be a bit more

And yeah, $39.99 is the MSRP. Both Gamestop and Newegg have it at that and it doesn't indicate it's a sale. usually Gamestop would have the MSARP crossed out and then the price next to it or something to indicate the deal.

[quote name='UndyingForce']Did we confirm $39.99 is the MSRP for the Kirby collection? Wasn't Mario All Stars Wii $29.99 MSRP?[/QUOTE]

My weak Google skills show that a MSRP was never revealed but since we have four retailers selling it for $40 and one for $50, I think $40 would be an educated guess. We're also less than a month from release.

Also, cross posting from the Kirby 20th Anniversary Special Collection (Wii) thread:
[quote name='Sway']Kirby's Dream Collection Special Edition

Kirby's Dream Land (3DS, $3.99)
Kirby's Adventure (Wii, 500 points;3DS 3D Classics version is also available for $6.99)
Kirby’s Dream Land 2 (not available for purchase?)
Kirby Super Star (Wii, 800 points; Kirby SuperStar Ultra DS remake is also available)
Kirby’s Dream Land 3 (Wii, 800 points)
Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards (Wii, 1000 points)

So take the dollar equivalent of the Wii download games and it'll cost $35. Adventure Land 2 isn't available but let's say that it would have cost $3.99 like Dream Land for the 3DS and the retail cost would add up to $39.The collection also includes brand new challenge stages, the 20th anniverfsay soundtrack with 45 tracks, an interactive timeline and a 48 page booklet. Another plus for some is having all the content on disc instead of digital content.[/QUOTE]

I forgot that many of us buy our XBLA/PSN/Nintendo currencies at a discount. I'd guess that discount would average around 25%. So either it's paying ~$30 for Nintendo points to get all but Adventure Land 2 for your Wii/3DS or $40 for six games for your Wii with the additional benefits I stated in the cross post.

[quote name='Zaku77']I wouldn't recommend buying this from newegg. They will ship it in a padded envelope, and the box will be screwed up. Gamestop.com usually ships in boxes for these types of things, though, so they are a safe bet.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I think I'm done with Newegg when it comes to CEs/LEs/etc. Amazon is shipping a lot of items in bubble mailers too but they have plenty of warehouses near me so they rarely arrive damaged. And with GS, you can always exchange in store.

This is not a deal, this msrp. Even Gamestop is selling it at this price, and you can pre-order then pick it up in-store and not risk damage during shipping. Nice try OP.

[quote name='SteveGo']This is not a deal, this msrp. Even Gamestop is selling it at this price, and you can pre-order then pick it up in-store and not risk damage during shipping. Nice try OP.[/QUOTE]

Did somebody shit in your cornflakes?

There's a difference between telling lies, and acting like this thread's existence has offended you to your very core... lol

[quote name='Zaku77']There's a difference between telling lies, and acting like this thread's existence has offended you to your very core... lol[/QUOTE]

You're assuming I'm offended to the very core, I'm just telling it like it is. $39.99 is MSRP for this title. Gamestop reflects this as well as many other stores. And if I had my choice, I would order locally to ensure no damage was made to my item during shipment. Sorry if you take um bridge to anything I have to say, but it's only facts and I feel I've portrayed my point in a non-hostile manner.

I think you mean "umbrage"? Also, "Nice try OP". That doesn't sound snarky at all. How dare he make this thread. This is MSRP. Nice try OP! lol

I'm sorry, I'm just taking too much 'um bridge' with what you're saying... lol

[quote name='Zaku77']I think you mean "umbrage"? Also, "Nice try OP". That doesn't sound snarky at all. How dare he make this thread. This is MSRP. Nice try OP! lol

I'm sorry, I'm just taking too much 'um bridge' with what you're saying... lol[/QUOTE]

Well, as long as you concede you look like the immature one in this instance, I think we're done here. Moving on.

You complain about a thread and laughably misspell a word trying to sound smart, and I have somehow become immature, you say? You, sir, have brightened my day with your silly antics.

[quote name='SteveGo']Well, as long as you concede you look like the immature one in this instance, I think we're done here. Moving on.[/QUOTE]

Yea, no. I don't know either of you, but you come off as an idiot and kind of a psycho and he mostly seems curious as to why you're in rage mode.

Right, so, in summary, there is no deal here, this is MSRP and can be better off purchased in-store to avoid shipping damage. Probably the third time I've said it, but some of you seem a little slow on the uptake.

Which one of us said there was a deal here or argued about purchasing in store? I even suggested Gamestop in an earlier post. Your reading comprehension skills must be as bad as your spelling. trollololol

[quote name='SteveGo']Right, so, in summary, there is no deal here, this is MSRP and can be better off purchased in-store to avoid shipping damage. Probably the third time I've said it, but some of you seem a little slow on the uptake.[/QUOTE]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

[quote name='Zaku77']Which one of us said there was a deal here or argued about purchasing in store? I even suggested Gamestop in an earlier post. Your reading comprehension skills must be as bad as your spelling. trollololol[/QUOTE]

Don't be so angry, bro. We're all CAGs here. Personally I'm waiting for Amazon to post a pre-order, we'll have to wait and see, in the meantime, stay chill buddy.

[quote name='SteveGo']Don't be so angry, bro. We're all CAGs here. Personally I'm waiting for Amazon to post a pre-order, we'll have to wait and see, in the meantime, stay chill buddy.[/QUOTE]

*Rage for nearly a page of posts*
*Tell the guy you're raging at to stay chill and not be so angry*

Seriously, is this a joke? Its a very entertaining meltdown but what exactly brought it on?

Someone must have shit in his cornflakes. That is the only explanation for this hilarious little scene he is putting on. We should all chill out, though. We are clearly take too much um bridge in what he is saying... hahaha

[quote name='pitfallharry219']I've read a lot of stupid shit posted by stupid people on the internet, but I've never seen "um bridge". That gave me a good laugh.[/QUOTE]

Likewise. Still chuckling.

On topic, I might as well preorder for store pickup at GameStop until I see a better deal. I'm hesitant to order online and end up with a crushed box in a bubble mailer.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']I've read a lot of stupid shit posted by stupid people on the internet, but I've never seen "um bridge". That gave me a good laugh.[/QUOTE]

Well, you can blame spelling auto-correct for that one. I originally typed umbridge, but there's a red squiggly line under it and "um bridge" was one of the corrections it game me. Glad you enjoyed it though.

What you originally typed was also wrong, though. Did you think making yourself look just slightly less stupid would make this better? hahahahaha

Keep 'em comin'!

Thanks for the post OP. I think I'm going to just pre-order it at GameStop, though. I have some credit to burn there, and Newegg charges me tax anyway.

Another question: Do we know if this collection will be sent in a commemorative box like Mario All stars Wii? If its just the regular Wii Case then I see no issue in pre-ordering with Newegg.

[quote name='Slowdance']Guys I don't know how to spell but spell checker doesn't know how to spell either so cut me some slack.[/QUOTE]

It only doesn't know how to spell when you spell something amazingly bad. If you're in the ballpark they usually get the gist of what you are trying to go for. But here they were like " Uhh, what is this dude saying? Maybe...maybe someone asked what his favorite card game is and it's Bridge and he wrote the "Um" to indicate that he had to think about it for a second? Yeah, fuck it, go with that. That's the most logical thing. That's not really even close to anything else"

[quote name='UndyingForce']Another question: Do we know if this collection will be sent in a commemorative box like Mario All stars Wii? If its just the regular Wii Case then I see no issue in pre-ordering with Newegg.[/QUOTE]

It is going to have an outer box like Mario All Stars had.

I didn't see any product details on this, what games does it contain?

edit: forget it I found the list of games "Kirby's Dream Collection: Kirby's Dream Land (Game Boy), Kirby's Adventure (NES), Kirby's Dream Land 2 (Game Boy), Kirby Super Star (SNES), Kirby's Dream Land 3 (SNES), and Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards (N64) all on one disk. Plus a booklet, a soundtrack, and the game disk has extra content (history museum, bonus challenges, etc)."

that is from the gamestop page you can order from courtesy of Nitrogamer7.

Not just Kirby Dream Course, but also, Kirby Pinball, Kirby Blockball, et al.

There are too many key games missing from this.

[quote name='wEEman33']Not just Kirby Dream Course, but also, Kirby Pinball, Kirby Blockball, et al.

There are too many key games missing from this.[/QUOTE]

Its funny because you said key games and then proceeded to list a bunch of middling spin offs.

Dolores_Umbridge.JPG

bread's done
Back