Kickstarter - Reaper Miniatures Bones

pcktlnt

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Hi all. Not sure if kickstarters are allowed in this section...or anywhere on our forums. But this seems the most likely place to put this.

Currently, Reaper Miniatures is running a Kick Starter to expedite their Bones line. From what people are saying, the miniatures are durable, light, and will be a fraction of the metal equivalent's price. The price will range from 1.99-2.99 for individual miniatures and 4.99 to 6.99 for grouped miniatures and of course larger miniatures (oxymoron?) will cost more.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1513061270/reaper-miniatures-bones-an-evolution-of-gaming-min

You can pledge any level you want, but at the moment, if you pledge the Vampire level ($100.00), you will qualify for 171 miniatures. There's a huge variety, there are fantasy, sci-fi, pathfinder, chronoscope, etc. And since there are 7 more days and lots of stretch goals, those miniature amounts increase. I joined in when there were only 116 miniatures.

This is a good link to go to for all the up and up on the kickstarter: http://www.reapermini.com/forum/index.php?/topic/45248-kickstarter-links/

There are also optionals you can buy, such as paint, dragons, orcs, demons, giants, etc. On Friday (8/18/20120), they met 4 stretch goals. Today (8/19/2012), they met 2 stretch goals.

If you have any questions, I'll be happy to try and answer, but the reaper mini forum is probably the better place for your questions. LINK: Reaper Mini Kickstarter Discussion Thread

Click on spoiler to see the miniatures you will receive if you pledge the Vampire level.
efbebba98872cb6bf41c73e6f811c5ea_large.jpg

These miniatures are meant for table top role playing games. These come unpainted, so you would actually need to paint them yourself or have someone else paint them for you. So if you play DnD, Pathfinder, or the other iterations, this would be nice for visual representation. Or you could pimp out boardgames with these miniatures. These things are 25mm or ~1 inch tall.

--- Edit ---
Some body that is backing the kickstarter did some weird tests. They boiled/froze/ran over the miniatures in the Bone line and the miniature survived intact. Another one had painted a worm, froze it, and then whacked it against a table. There was no damage to the worm nor paint except for the point of impact.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm surprised there wasn't more talk about this on CAG. Surely, there is more than 3 table-top Cags.

I ended up going in for 250. I'm gonna paint me an army of dragons.

I usually think it's silly when people use figurines in their RPG's, but to be honest, I would've been all over this if they had a post-apocalyptic theme so I could use them in my game. But assuming they actually go up for sale, I might consider a set of the Chronoscope figures.

You can probably get the metal ones now. The bones line is for the cheaper plastic versions.
I just started an AD&D 1 game, no tiles, no minis. Pretty awesome.

It's good to see they are still around. I always enjoyed their sculpting. They must be using copies of the original molds for these? I have a few of these in led that must be 25+ years old.

Someday when I'm too old to move, I'll just play video games and finish painting my undead army.

bread's done
Back