Photo
- - - - -

The Last Story limited edition (art book+cd) in stock @ newegg

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#31 Waggles

Waggles

What the funk n waggle are you talkin' bout?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:29 PM

Anyone think this will be rare in 6 months?

very possible. although it's nearly IMpossible to tell so early on, the hype due to the initial operation rainfall coverage, and the fact that very few stores received many copies, means that it could sell out and be difficult to find very soon. at the very least, i doubt reprints will be collectors editions and all, so in that regard the initial prints will probably be worth something.

#32 gepet0

gepet0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:41 PM

I scooped one up at bestbuy I thought it was both but just the art book. I found a guy on Ebay selling the soundtrack for 8.98 shipped. I figure with the price of gas and searching this was the way to go.
He has 8 left

http://www.ebay.com/...=item4607023bb9

#33 uiengineer

uiengineer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:56 PM

I scooped one up at bestbuy I thought it was both but just the art book. I found a guy on Ebay selling the soundtrack for 8.98 shipped. I figure with the price of gas and searching this was the way to go.
He has 8 left

http://www.ebay.com/...=item4607023bb9

i am about to do this same thing. thanks for the ebay link

#34 Gurren Lagann

Gurren Lagann

Walking Nuke

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:16 PM

Ok so I just got back from BBY and the last copy had the art book and special case but NO CD :( . Guess I'm gonna order one from newegg

#35 Strell

Strell

LOBSTERS!....IN MY PANTS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:19 PM

I wonder what else I could order from Newegg to ensure I get a box.

Posted Image
Aminal Crossing: Strell@Tazmily, 2836-3590- 0819

"One of the more...amusing screwballs around here..." - shrike4242
Join the El Hoardo Fan Club!
Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#36 gepet0

gepet0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:24 PM

Ok so I just got back from BBY and the last copy had the art book and special case but NO CD :( . Guess I'm gonna order one from newegg

Looking at the newegg it looks like the cd is wrapped on the outside. Can someone confirm?

#37 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:26 PM

Confirmed at my store also

#38 gepet0

gepet0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:34 PM

Confirmed at my store also

it looks like a special edition being in the box and all. I traded ncaa 13 and got 42 bucks for it.

#39 nightmarishhero

nightmarishhero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:39 PM

My newegg order came in perfect condition despite being in a bubble mailer. Soundrtrack was on top of the box, but was factory sealed with it

#40 WViking

WViking

Corn is Good Food

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:35 PM

This turned out to be a nice package. With the $10 off discount that most of us got on Newegg this turned out to be a good deal.

#41 jkimrey

jkimrey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:46 PM

Pre-ordered from Amazon and it included the CD as well...

#42 UndyingForce

UndyingForce

The Host with the Most

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:57 PM

Pre-ordered from Amazon and it included the CD as well...

Same here. Mine came in a bubble mailer and everything looked fine.
3DS Friend code: 1848-2470-1258

Sell/Trade List:
Guides: Metroid Zero Mission, Rogue Squadron, Eternal Darkness, F-Zero GX, SoulCalibur II (BradyGames)

PIN #s for Club Nintendo: Mario Kart DS

#43 glemtvapen

glemtvapen

The Forgotten

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2012 - 12:08 AM

Got mine from GS last Friday and the clerk didn't want to give me a CD. But he did mention to try to come back this week to pick one up for free if the pre-order guys didn't pick the game up. Is the CD worth it?

#44 Roll

Roll

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2012 - 01:09 AM

To those of you whose boxes were damaged and are exchanging them, how much damage was done to the box. Mine was also shipped in a bubble mailer :headache: and there's some minor damage to the edges, but I don't know if it's enough to warrant an exchange?

#45 rpghope18

rpghope18

Never enough RPG's!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2012 - 01:25 AM

To those of you whose boxes were damaged and are exchanging them, how much damage was done to the box. Mine was also shipped in a bubble mailer :headache: and there's some minor damage to the edges, but I don't know if it's enough to warrant an exchange?

Mine came in today (bubble mailer as well), and was pretty much perfect condition. Only thing it had was a small rip up at the top on the page part of the box (nothing visible on the front, back or spine), so no big deal to me. You have to just look at it and think if it is worth all the hassle of getting a new one shipped out. Also, consider would the next one get more damage on it then the one you currently have.

So I saved $10, got the CD, got the artbook, and game. I'm content with that.

RPGHope18.png

#46 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2012 - 01:33 AM

I ordered 2 when it there was a $10 off code (was oos when the $12 code was around). everything was sent in a box (likely as I ordered 2) with foam peanuts (haven't seen these in a while as Newegg usually uses a lot of brown paper as padding).

one copy has a dent. the top part of the LE slipcover (on top looking down if the box were standing) is squished so that it is no longer nice and flat. this

so only Amazon and Newegg got the CD WITH the LE Box and Gamestop has the CD for preorders only?

Has anyone seen a non LE anywhere? I'm gonna pick up at Best Buy for a play copy. It should be the LE (probably no CD) as that's all I saw when I was at store last week.

#47 Gators300

Gators300

The Right Thing... What Is It?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2012 - 01:38 AM

I ordered 2 when it there was a $10 off code (was oos when the $12 code was around). everything was sent in a box (likely as I ordered 2) with foam peanuts (haven't seen these in a while as Newegg usually uses a lot of brown paper as padding).

one copy has a dent. the top part of the LE slipcover (on top looking down if the box were standing) is squished so that it is no longer nice and flat. this

so only Amazon and Newegg got the CD WITH the LE Box and Gamestop has the CD for preorders only?

Has anyone seen a non LE anywhere? I'm gonna pick up at Best Buy for a play copy. It should be the LE (probably no CD) as that's all I saw when I was at store last week.

I ordered 2 copies from Newegg as well, and mine came in a small box packed with peanuts. Both copies are mint.

I also picked up a play copy from Best Buy and can confirm there is no CD but the packaging and everything else is the same.
"You know, my heart is beating incredibly fast, I must be experiencing absolute terror!"

#48 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2012 - 02:22 AM

I ordered 2 copies from Newegg as well, and mine came in a small box packed with peanuts. Both copies are mint.

I also picked up a play copy from Best Buy and can confirm there is no CD but the packaging and everything else is the same.

I couldn't tell when I was at the store last week as the games were in those plastic containers, but was the LE box sealed?

#49 iversonwii

iversonwii

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2012 - 03:51 AM

what i found in my searching last weekend at 5 different stores:

-Gamestop and Best Buy are the only physical places I found it.
-Walmart, Target, and Toys R Us aren't selling it in-store (on Saturday all were sold out online. havent checked since.)

-Gamestop has CD's behind the counter if you're lucky. Best Buy had no CD's (and their plastic security cases dented the top of the box).

-2 of the 3 Gamestops I called were sold out because of low shipment.

#50 sadboy

sadboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:20 AM

Yeah. Even though my copy from Newegg wasn't damaged, I would recommend getting the game elsewhere if you have a choice.

#51 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:10 AM

I was about to ask about this. So did BB just not get any CDs? I got a copy from GS and one from BB and didn't get a CD from BB =( I was pretty irritated at that

^_^x KD
My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#52 Vap

Vap

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2012 - 10:57 AM

For what it's worth, I just received my copy from Newegg 15 minutes ago, and it's in perfect condition. It *was* sent in a bubble mailer, however, so I'm probably just one of the lucky ones.

Mine was like this as well. It's still shitty that they send all games the way they do.

#53 dandragonrage

dandragonrage

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2012 - 01:06 PM

I got mine from newegg on friday... came in a bubble mailer and crushed. :( Lesson learned, no more CE's from newegg.

Amazon did the same to me with mine, which I got on Friday. The damage was minimal for me, fortunately.

#54 addicted2games

addicted2games

游戏玩家为生活 !!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 10:16 PM

I ordered a few days ago and got the game in today. I ordered two copies so Newegg would ship in a box and my games arrived mint. So that plan worked. They are indeed the copies with the cd on the front of the box sealed inside the plastic wrap.

#55 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 10:29 PM

I ordered a few days ago and got the game in today. I ordered two copies so Newegg would ship in a box and my games arrived mint. So that plan worked. They are indeed the copies with the cd on the front of the box sealed inside the plastic wrap.

Yeah, I should do that from now one. Newegg's CE shipping is absolute crap. Mine came in a bubble mailer and in horrid condition.

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Valhalla Knights 3 - :-|

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :-|

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#56 proKoyeon

proKoyeon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 10:35 PM

after speaking with a csr and going through the claim process...they are sending me another one free of charge

can't say i can complain! they arent even asking for the damaged one back

and another thing, the csr told me this process would take 7-10 days....everything was settled in about a day and a half.