Selected VIZ Media & Warner Anime - $5 ▪ $10 ▪ $13 @ RightStuf.com (ends on 9/24/12)

WTK

CAGiversary!
Selected VIZ Media & Warner Anime - $5 ▪ $10 ▪ $13 - For a limited time! @ RightStuf.com

viz-news.jpg

Beat the dog days of summer with $5, $10 and $13 deals on selected VIZ Media and Warner Brothers anime DVDs and DVD sets, including favorites like Inuyasha, Bleach, Naruto and Supernatural! (Quantities on some items may be limited.)

Just be sure to place your orders before 11:59 p.m. CT on August 30, 2012!

* Not sure which products are included in the sale? To get started, just click on the "$5 ▪ $10 ▪ $13 Viz & Warner Deals" graphic on RightStuf.com: It will take you to a list of the items in this promo! (Please note: No other coupons or discounts may be used in conjunction with this sale, and this will be noted on the individual product pages for these items! This sale event may not be applied to pre-existing orders.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Vash1306']Omg, Inuyasha $10 a season?! D:[/QUOTE]
yeah my thoughts as well, working through my budget trying to find out if I can afford the $70 for all the seasons given the cheapest I had ever seen them before this was $20 per season on amazon @_@

Thanks! I have been wanting to buy the whole series of Inuyasha but was waiting for the right price. I also got the Bleach sets of the Bount arc which I didn't buy because I hated that arc, but for $13 each, I was willing to get it.

Holy damn, that's a steal on Inuyasha, too bad I already own it. Nothing else pops out at me, but hopefully some of you can scrounge up the cash for at least the first three Inuyasha sets. Fun stuff, and such a great soundtrack too.

lol all the inuyasha sets are "More Arriving Soon!" status already.

[quote name='TheBomb69']Might pick up the Death Note stuff.[/QUOTE]

Have you already seen the TV series? These two discs are just long recaps with a cumulative couple minutes of inconsequential new stuff.

:cry: My wallet is screaming. Just bought all of the Inu Yasha series they had but not the movies. Thanks for the note OP. No more big purchases!!

Thanks for posting OP! I've been waiting for a good deal to pick up the InuYasha sets and this is by far the best deal I've ever seen to grab the whole series. :D

[quote name='shadow17x']:cry: My wallet is screaming. Just bought all of the Inu Yasha series they had but not the movies. Thanks for the note OP. No more big purchases!![/QUOTE]
likewise... I already owned the movies as rightstuf put the LE collection of them in the woodbox on sale for like $20 5 years ago... so I will finally have a full set of inuyasha... until a few more months pass and the second season hits dvd lol

hopefully the more arriving soon doesn't take to long to ship... when I ordered only 6 and 7 were like that though, and my wife and I left off somewhere around season 3 so it should be fine even if it takes a few weeks

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Have you already seen the TV series? These two discs are just long recaps with a cumulative couple minutes of inconsequential new stuff.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info.

Good deal on the InuYasha.

But what about the Naruto sets? Are they the cheapest so far? I don't want to commit to them knowing they maybe re-released on Blu-ray.

These are mainly older series for sale. At the same time, the prices are fantastic. If you haven't already picked up some of these, this is the time to do it. The prices for the first three seasons of Bleach caught my eye in particular. These usually go for a much higher price than a lot of the more recent Bleach season boxes. I went ahead and picked up Bleach season 2 and 3, Inuyasha season 2 and both the movies. I already had Inuyasha season 2, but it was a used purchase and was missing the slip cover. At $10, it's worth it to get a brand-new copy.

[quote name='Jcaugustine']Good deal on the InuYasha.

But what about the Naruto sets? Are they the cheapest so far? I don't want to commit to them knowing they maybe re-released on Blu-ray.[/QUOTE]Those are the 13 episodes sets. There are 26 episode sets going for $20 on rightstuf.

I highly doubt there be any Naruto Blu-rays for the series outside of the movies. Not even Japan has Blu-rays for the series.

[quote name='Vash1306']Those are the 13 episodes sets. There are 26 episode sets going for $20 on rightstuf.

I highly doubt there be any Naruto Blu-rays for the series outside of the movies. Not even Japan has Blu-rays for the series.[/QUOTE]
Thanks

Had to pickup Inuyasha at that price. Just have to wait and see when they will ship out with how many people ordering.

Thought I'd even get a better discount with my RightStut Got Anime membership, but unfortunately no. Still a hell of a deal

[quote name='mattrobertsjr']will there be a inuyasha blu ray coming out because this is tempting.[/QUOTE]

I don't even think Viz does blu-rays for their releases (or at least I have yet to see one), so if you want to see it another company will have to try and pick up the rights to it, but I doubt that will happen. Although other companies have picked up the rights to the movies for certain series like Bleach and Naruto on blu-ray, but I haven't seen any talks of blu-ray releases for any of these shows from Viz, so you might be better off just buying these if you were planning to wait for a blu-ray release which may never happen.

[quote name='Squarehard']I don't even think Viz does blu-rays for their releases (or at least I have yet to see one), so if you want to see it another company will have to try and pick up the rights to it, but I doubt that will happen. Although other companies have picked up the rights to the movies for certain series like Bleach and Naruto on blu-ray, but I haven't seen any talks of blu-ray releases for any of these shows from Viz, so you might be better off just buying these if you were planning to wait for a blu-ray release which may never happen.[/QUOTE]
Viz Media anime releases on Blu-ray:

• Berserk movie trilogy (movie 1 in Nov 27th, movies 2 & 3 have BD planned)
  • Bleach movie 3
  • InuYasha: The Final Act (set 1 in Nov. 20th, set 2 in 2013)
  • Naruto Shippuden movie 2
  • Naruto Shippuden movie 3
  • Tiger & Bunny (BD planned for early 2013)
And just as a note, Warner Home Video does distribution for Viz Media.

[quote name='mattrobertsjr']will there be a inuyasha blu ray coming out because this is tempting.[/QUOTE]

No.

[quote name='Squarehard']I don't even think Viz does blu-rays for their releases (or at least I have yet to see one), so if you want to see it another company will have to try and pick up the rights to it, but I doubt that will happen.[/QUOTE]

Viz will be releasing Blu-rays for their upcoming Inuyasha: The Final Act and Tiger & Bunny releases.

A lot of older anime series are in 4:3 aspect ratio and don't really warrant Blu-Ray remastering. It's actually fairly rare to see any of them get re-released on Blu-Ray. One of the recent exceptions is DragonBall Z. But frankly, the new Blu-Ray release for that series probably isn't worth the trouble.

I would hold off on buying more recent series on DVD in favor of a Blu-Ray release. For older series though, it's probably fine to just pick up the DVDs. I have the whole Inuyasha DVD collection and can confirm that they are solid releases.

I would not recommend getting Bleach past the first three box sets. The "Bount" arc is...just terrible. Way too much filler in that series. The same can be said for some of the Naruto box sets. They have filler arcs that go on for 30+ episodes. There are entire DVD volumes that can be skipped without missing anything.

The first three Bleach sets alone are fantastic and include some great boxes and contains artwork for all of the DVDs as they were released in Japan. The Bount arc I used to think was garbage, but it wasn't as bad seeing it a second time around. Just watch it all at once because at times the arc just feels slow at some points (they call it filler for a reason). The sets are cheaper and come in slim DVD cases, but the artwork for each DVD is on the cases which still look great. After the Bount sets, Viz put Bleach in DVD case collections. =(

For Naruto, just get the cheaper sets. Sure, these have storyboards but do you really need a storyboard book for a random episode? It's all in Japanese so it's just something you'll look at once and be like "I guess that's neat". I have all 16 of the Naruto sets and I felt sick because I bought all of the filler too. I would of killed to buy it all for $10 each (most it I got for around $20 though).

The Shippuden sets became generic DVD case collections after the 4th set. But they never made collections for them so I'd bite on the first set if you like Naruto.

As for Inuyasha despite being a diehard fan when I was in high school seem to have some pretty decent looking sets. I don't think I can ever watch Inuyasha again, but thinking back, I think I'd rather watch all of Inuyasha twice than to watch any of that 80 episode long Naruto filler.

EDIT: TL;DR
Buy Bleach Sets 1-3 (all canon)
Buy Naruto Sets 1-10 (all canon)
Buy Shippuden Set 1 (obviously canon)

I never finished Inuyasha, but I heard after a certain point it was heavily plagued with filler and had a terrible ending, which was concluded with The Final Act since the manga finally ended. I never bought the sets so I wouldn't know which ones to buy.

[quote name='mattrobertsjr']is bleach worth getting ?[/QUOTE]

Speaking for myself, I can't stand it. The characters are flat and undeveloped, the script is more often than not laughably terrible, and the attempts at comedy amount to one character yelling at another character for no particular reason. I guess if you're looking for something where you can just shut your brain off and watch people fight for episodes on end, there's some value in it, but otherwise it's a pass. And if you *do* end up buying it, don't get anything past the first three sets.

[quote name='mattrobertsjr']thanks for the info.

whos that on your avatar ?[/QUOTE]

Utena Tenjou from "Revolutionary Girl Utena," my absolute favorite anime.

[quote name='SMBScooby']Any thoughts on Supernatural?[/QUOTE]
I found it amusing. Roughly its a retelling / reimagining of season 1 and 2. Half of the stories are based on Season 1 and season 2 episodes, but they don't always have the same outcome and might be from a different character's perspective. Half are original tales, a portion of which the duo interact with distinctively Japanese mythology creatures and one which you follow John Winchester on a hunting trip.

[quote name='mattrobertsjr']is bleach worth getting ?[/QUOTE]
I like it, probably in my top 20ish anime of all time.Has its moments but the fillers are painful.I'm tempted to buy the first three boxsets,probably where Bleach peaked.Normally I see those being sold around 30, maybe around 15 used for the first boxset used and around 25ish for the 2nd and 3rd used.Tempted to buy it if I didn't feel it was too easy to find Bleach elsewhere and running out of shelf space and already a big backlog from Rightstuf's Christmas sale still from last year.

Thanks I picked up all of Inuyasha but will pass on Bleach since it seems to not be completed yet and I don't care for the season splitting crap that went on with season 4 and I presume will go on later perhaps.

Just a FYI, the bigger Naruto sets (26 episodes or so) are getting a MSRP reduction. $49.95 & $39.98 to $24.98 on all 8 sets. It's suppose to take in effect next month, but select online retailers have updated the MSRPs already.

[quote name='WTK']Just a FYI, the bigger Naruto sets (26 episodes or so) are getting a MSRP reduction. $49.98 to $24.98 on all 8 sets. It's suppose to take in effect next month, but select online retailers have updated the MSRPs already.[/QUOTE]This is a permanent change correct? :O Where was this announced?

[quote name='Squarehard']I don't even think Viz does blu-rays for their releases (or at least I have yet to see one), so if you want to see it another company will have to try and pick up the rights to it, but I doubt that will happen. Although other companies have picked up the rights to the movies for certain series like Bleach and Naruto on blu-ray, but I haven't seen any talks of blu-ray releases for any of these shows from Viz, so you might be better off just buying these if you were planning to wait for a blu-ray release which may never happen.[/QUOTE]

I've been told that Inuyahsa the anime ended on a rather unfinished note in Season 7, leaving a bitter taste in many peoples' mouths. The problem was that Takahashi fell behind the pace of the animated show and that the production studio wasn't willing to create any more filler episodes. This being the case, a Final Act of 25 episodes of Inuyasha is now coming in apparently two sets -- set to be released in November of THIS year.

In other words, for you Inuyasha collectors, 7 seasons of box sets doesn't wrap it up. You need these last two (second one is not out yet); Oh, SET 1 IS COMING OUT ON BLU RAY:

http://www.amazon.com/Inuyasha-Fina...qid=1345697770&sr=8-2&keywords=inuyasha+final

http://www.amazon.com/Inuyasha-Fina...qid=1345697770&sr=8-3&keywords=inuyasha+final

I have to think that Viz would eventually release a complete collection, but $70 is tempting. I'm going to have to hold off a bit longer ... I do want these, but can't justify it at the moment.

[quote name='romeogbs19']I've been told that Inuyahsa the anime ended on a rather unfinished note in Season 7, leaving a bitter taste in many peoples' mouths. The problem was that Takahashi fell behind the pace of the animated show and that the production studio wasn't willing to create any more filler episodes.[/QUOTE]

Actually, and I only remember this because I was following the fansubs at the time, I believe the reason the anime stopped so suddenly was because the director fell ill. The manga had plenty of material left that the anime could have covered. And unfortunately, the Final Act season that they made years later then had to rush through a whole lot of stuff really quickly in order to cover the rest of the manga within 26 episodes.

For those of you that don't want to spend over $49 all of these sets ate only slightly more on dvdplanet.com. Only $1.99 for shipping instead of $8.

kinda wondering if dvdplanet accidently priced the 5 disc Death Note sets for $7.xx swing as the ones listed here ate $5......lol

bread's done
Back