Green Light Bundle

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1 otangz

otangz

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2012 - 03:26 AM

New Greenlight Bundle is live. Two weeks to buy.

$5 for 9 games (6 of which are on Desura).

Paranormal - 8.8 on Desura .....Vote on Steam Steam Greenlight Link
Beware Planet Earth - 8.9 on Desura.....Vote on Steam Steam Greenlight Link
Hairy Tales - 8.3 on Desura.....Vote on Steam Steam Greenlight Link
Dwarf Quest - 56 on Metacritic.....Vote on Steam Steam Greenlight Link
Depth Hunter - 7.3 on Desura .....Vote on SteamSteam Greenlight Link
Potato Man Seeks the Truth WTF .....Vote on SteamSteam Greenlight Link
Megabyte Punch - 9.4 on Desura.....Vote on Steam Steam Greenlight Link
Gear Jack - 68 on Metacritic.....Vote on Steam Steam Greenlight Link
Aeon Comman - 9.0 on Desura.....Vote on Steam Steam Greenlight Link

Previous Green Light Bundles
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Edited by otangz, 01 February 2013 - 11:37 PM.
Out There Somewhere

#2 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 12:59 PM

The bundle is now live.

For $1 you get:

Ichi
Muffin Knight
Dino Run SE
Syder Arcade

For $5 you get all of the previous listed games along with:

Samurai II Vengeance
Gunman Clive
Paper Monsters
Guerilla Bob

#3 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:55 PM

The bundle is now live.

It is? is the link in the OP correct? Because that link takes me to a page letting me know that the bundle has be delayed due to a DDOS attack.

#4 poxi

poxi

something went wrong

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 02:14 PM

It is? is the link in the OP correct? Because that link takes me to a page letting me know that the bundle has be delayed due to a DDOS attack.

Ctrl+F5

#5 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 02:14 PM

It's supposed to redirect you to http://www.thegreenlightbundle.com/ but I've noticed a few people having problems with it, including myself. It redirected me the second time I tried though.

Just go to http://www.thegreenlightbundle.com/ and it should work!

#6 bchampnd

bchampnd

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 02:59 PM

I've played a bunch of those games on Android and they're of pretty high quality. Samurai II is pretty badass. Muffin Knight is a good time waster because once you start leveling up your characters you'll keep wanting to play another round to see how your new upgrades work out (some characters are way more useful than others). Guerrilla Bob was also a fun mobile game.

All of these games could benefit from physical controls so playing them on PC would be great. They'd be even better if they have controller support.

#7 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 04:09 PM

I loved Gunman Clive for what it's worth. It's not amazing but a fun little Megaman game
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#8 Versafied

Versafied

Formerly known as vlv723

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 04:21 PM

$5 for 8 indie games. Why not? Hopefully all of them can make it to Steam. Thanks OP.

#9 igame

igame

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 04:23 PM

Nice, great update.

Interested in Muffin Knight not sure about the others, but Samurai 2 and Gunman Clive sound interesting

Heard Dino Run sucks, badly and you should not consider playing even if they paid you to do so. From over 1k reviewers of the indie royale bundle including me. Besides there is a free flash version that is better so no need to even try it.
igame

#10 Crazyhowie

Crazyhowie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 04:45 PM

For what it's worth, I enjoyed Muffin Knight, Gunman Clive, and Samurai 2 on Android, but I'm not sure any of these are games are a must have on PC. I found them all pretty well suited as mobile timewasters to enjoy on occasion. Too much else to play; you know how it is.
Posted Image

#11 otangz

otangz

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 04:56 PM

Fixed the link on the OP.

Thanks for all the opinions... sounds like some of these games are definitely worth playing. Might have to try out the full $5 bundle. Hopefully some of the better games do make it to steam.

#12 shurija

shurija

Geronimo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 05:09 PM

Thanks, OP.

154512.png

:360: Child of Light / FIFA 14

:pc: Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War II

:ps3: Resistance Trilogy

:ps4: Watch Dogs

jionekanji.png

#13 pROvIs

pROvIs

Clash With Reality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 07:00 PM

I'm mixed on this bundle. Some of the games look good but arent most iOS ports?
Steam Games to Trade/Sell: None right now
WTB: Anything on my Wishlist

23480.png

#14 MIND LINK

MIND LINK

MURDER ALL RAPPERS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 07:07 PM

That's what's scaring me away.

MARS

#15 otangz

otangz

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 01:17 AM

Added links to Desura user reviews for the two games that weren't on metacritic (Dino Run and Syder Arcade).

Added a link to the Google Apps user review for Guerrilla Bob (which looks kind of bad ass, actually).

I must say, all these games have pretty solid reviews. They're all definitely iOS ports, but if they're fun then that's fine with me. I just purchased the full bundle and will hopefully have some time the next few days to try some of them out. I have a new 2 month old in the home and these "quick fix" type of games might be perfect for me right about now. I'll give my impressions when I get a chance.

#16 otangz

otangz

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 01:23 AM

BTW, all the game files are very small. Only two surpassed 100 MB. Definitely iOS ports.

#17 sleepydumbdude

sleepydumbdude

MASHED POTATOES!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 01:27 AM

I'll probably get it for Muffin Knight and Guerrilla Bob. I just wonder how the controls are and see I have almost 2 weeks to decide.

#18 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 10:53 PM

I'm in the same boat. Also I prefer phone/tablet games on a phone/tablet, since I'm likely to play something else when I'm playing on my computer.

I have MuffinKnight and Gungam Clive on Android (Google's $0.10 sale in December IIRC).

Syder Arcade kinda interests me, as a shump fan.

I like the art style of Samurai II Vengeance but the gameplay looks too tablet-simple for a PC game.

My apathy and cheapness might be the real winners here.

#19 Darknuke

Darknuke

Guncraft: Voxel-FPS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 10:57 PM

I don't like owning iOS type games on PC, so I'll pass. I'll keep an eye out for a few of them on appshopper.com though.

SteamWidget.PNG

#20 Larce80

Larce80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 11:07 PM

I dont want mobile games either
Sign up at Greenmangaming with my link and we'll both get $2 credit when you make a purchase :)

#21 ochentay4

ochentay4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 11:31 PM

I bought them all and I like them. The engine is not an iOS port, almost all games use the OGRE engine made for PC then ported to iOS. Zombie Driver also uses it. Someone correct me if Im wrong.

I cant wait to have Steam Keys.

fs_overall.png

#22 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 11:47 PM

^_^ I'm glad to see someone who is excited.

For me it's not the engine/graphics it is the gameplay. One makes different gameplay/interface choices that rarely cross the PC/touch divide well.

For the record, Zombie Driver was a total hoot.

#23 JakeNome

JakeNome

Shady Panda Peddler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2012 - 03:22 PM

yea it doesnt matter if its an iOS, android or even gameboy color game. if its fun, ill take it for cheap. I poured so many hours into Plants vs Zombies PC. I think that mightve been on iOS first. such a good game AND has achievements + steam cloud. Im hoping these games not only get accepted into steam, but also have steam achievements.
WTS Steam Games Check my list!

Posted Image

#24 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2012 - 07:04 PM

yea it doesnt matter if its an iOS, android or even gameboy color game. if its fun, ill take it for cheap. I poured so many hours into Plants vs Zombies PC. I think that mightve been on iOS first. such a good game AND has achievements + steam cloud. Im hoping these games not only get accepted into steam, but also have steam achievements.

I completely agree. I've played Guerilla Bob on android (Nexus 7) and its a blast; Went ahead and bought the bundle (donated $10), hope they all make it onto Steam! Just because these games were originally on android doesn't mean they can't be fun and totally playable on PC.

#25 Number 905

Number 905

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 06:42 PM

This is the first indie bundle I've been excited about in ages.

#26 otangz

otangz

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 04:36 AM

Okay, I haven't had time to play much. I've sunk a decent amount of time into two games. Ichi is a simple puzzler that really isn't my style. It can be challenging, but a one button game doesn't usually float my boat. Muffin Knight, on the other hand, is pretty awesome. It's also a rather simple concept, but there are a huge variety of characters and upgrades. I liked it, but once I programmed it on JoyToKey, I liked it even better. Definitely a fun game... I'm hoping it makes it's way to Steam.

Haven't hardly touched the others, but hopefully I have time to give my two cents on the other games before the bundle ends (10 days). I played a couple of seconds of Dino Run, Guerrilla Bob and Paper Monsters... Guerrilla Bob looks like it might be fun (I need to try and program it on JoyToKey... I think it would play better as a twin stick shooter). Paper Monsters is a pretty platformer. I usually like any decent platformer so my hopes are high. And lastly, I'm not yet sold on Dino Run (although I've only completed one level). It looks like it might be fun as a time-trial type of game... we'll see if it grows on me. More opinions soon.

Anyone else had a chance to try out any of the others?

#27 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 05:50 AM

Anyone else had a chance to try out any of the others?

I had Ichi from a previous bundle (Indie Royale?) and completed it with A ratings on all built-in levels but one - I really like simple puzzle games like this.

Also had Dino Run from before but never really got into it - don't mind the graphics but not enough variety.

Muffin Knight is indeed lots of fun, though it's basically a clone of Super Crate Box, which is free.

The other game I've played so far is Samurai II which is a fun sword fighting game with special moves, upgrades, and so on, plus great graphics.

Next up is Paper Monsters, but I thought the Gunman Clive trailer was hilarious:

Gunman Clive trailer

I have to second Joy2Key for most of these games - they really play much better with a controller.

Overall, a great bunch of little games for $5 - and remember that if you vote for these on Steam Greenlight and they get on Steam, you'll get free Steam keys for them.

#28 UlysisAM

UlysisAM

'Nuff Said...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:07 AM

Gunman Clive can be played with a 360 controller without the need of any joystick-to-keyboard software.

#29 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 02:56 PM

They've added the Android versions of some of their games:

• Ichi
  • Samurai II Vengeance
  • Gunman Clive
  • Paper Monsters
as well as the bonus game Major Mayhem, and the soundtracks to five of the games.

From the email I got this morning:

"Thanks for buying the first Green Light Bundle! As a special thank you we have added
Android versions of most games and a new game to the bundle: Major Mayhem. Run and
gun your way through gorgeous 3D environments as you embark on a mission to rescue
your kidnapped girlfriend from the Forces of Evil. Guns, grenades and an assortment of
ther tools of destruction are at your disposal, and you'll need every last one of 'em. You
can now download this game for PC & Mac from Green Light Bundle download page."

Great deal for $5!

#30 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 05:43 PM

@seamoss
Awesome thanks for alerting us to that. I think that finally (just barely) tips me into paying $5... though I really wish they'd add Guerrilla Bob on Android as well.