Preorder - The Sky: The Art of Final Fantasy Boxed Set [Slipcase] - $59.20

• Please log in to reply
352 replies to this topic

#301 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:58 AM

i bet the people who got their preorder cancelled on the original item are still pissed, i know i would be

Hmm...

Yeah, same here. Amazon's CS was complete shit in handling this (having been told by a CS rep that my copy is being packed and will ship that day, only to have my order disappear and then receive a cancellation notice a few days later). Of course, Dark Horse wasn't innocent either, they have some serious issues as a distributor (first The Sky, then the Hyrule Historia LE).

Of course, Amazon is still the best option but it's no longer because they're better than other retailers. Other retailers just suck more.

I'm still disappointed beyond belief for getting screwed about the original box set. This set is just some artbooks in a box (no print, no signature)...

I'm still very very sour on the box set debacle. I love the art though and still want the books so preordered. Day one preorder so no freaking excuses AMAZON! Hopefully they wont try to flip their supply on warehouse deals for scalper prices like last time.

Now why would you think that? :booty:

Shadow of Mordor ( :ps4:) Best Buy Preorder DLC for sale - PM me with offers!

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps4: The Evil Within [Speedrun] :ps3: Tales of Xillia 2 :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World Red

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [10/19]:  :vita: Akiba's Trip (4.5/5)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#302 diddy310

diddy310

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:19 AM

Hrm, might grab this copy since I'm terrified of messing up the other one.

#303 DS9

DS9

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:29 AM

i bet the people who got their preorder cancelled on the original item are still pissed, i know i would be

Not because they were art fans but that the book is selling for $$$ and they are mad they aren't getting a piece of it. Those same mad people can pre-order now for the same art and should be happy :D

#304 lurkingsalt

lurkingsalt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:59 AM

In for one. Yeah I missed my chance on the last one. Comes to about $20 a volume which is pretty standard but this being in HC. Wish the All About Amano book was also included but oh well.

#305 Crazypanda_85

Crazypanda_85

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:12 PM

Thanks to the OP that posted this! I too was said that I missed out on the first print but I'm fine with this reprint edition. Yeah, it's missing the signature card, book about the artist and flipbook but I do get what I want the most: the actual art. Can't wait to get it!

#306 thefunkyredcaboose

thefunkyredcaboose

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:27 PM

Thanks OP! Put in for this! A little bummed about not having the All About Amano book, but I passed on the original due to price and it's certainly not worth 30 dollars to me.

#307 Arakias

Arakias

Inferior Potassium

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:34 PM

Woo hoo!

#308 Seraphinianus

Seraphinianus

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:29 PM

i have to own this. preordered!

#309 bakutenten

bakutenten

I am Alpha and Omega

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:55 PM

Being one of the people that missed out on the original set, I was willing to pay $400 on ebay for this. So glad the guy turned down my offer! Pre-ordered!

#310 Edzo04

Edzo04

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:17 PM

Being one of the people that missed out on the original set, I was willing to pay $400 on ebay for this. So glad the guy turned down my offer! Pre-ordered!

hurray for greed!

#311 GBPackRat

GBPackRat

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:50 PM

Sure I'll bite... I don't mind missing the extra's and $60 for a 3 volume set is more in my price range than the first offering.

#312 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:45 AM

Updated OP with the pic from Amazon for the new Slipcase version.

#313 EeveeFanboy

EeveeFanboy

Likes Eevee too much

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:24 AM

So any comments on the art books themselves? As much as I love Final Fantasy (up to IX at least), every time I see the art work for the games it just seems strange and creepy to me. I've had a growing interest in art books, and this one is definitely popular, but I don't know if I'd appreciate it like I could the one for Okami or Journey. Am I in the minority thinking that the art work is creepy, or does it grow on people?
Posted Image

#314 dejeckt

dejeckt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:34 AM

So any comments on the art books themselves? As much as I love Final Fantasy (up to IX at least), every time I see the art work for the games it just seems strange and creepy to me. I've had a growing interest in art books, and this one is definitely popular, but I don't know if I'd appreciate it like I could the one for Okami or Journey. Am I in the minority thinking that the art work is creepy, or does it grow on people?

I for one like Yoshitaka Amano style. It seems to combine ukiyo-e, art nouveau, and hint of modern Japanese anime style all in one to create something distinctly unique. There is not that many video games that boasts a distinctive artwork as Yoshitaka Amano's style, and tie that to something like the Final Fantasy series its even more worthwhile.

However, if you don't particularly like his style I guess then you should save your money for something you would rather have.

#315 RainFall

RainFall

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:58 PM

I assume they are making more than 1,000 this time?

#316 sasukekun

sasukekun

Cat-Like Typing Detected

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2013 - 06:01 AM

I just got these in at work today. They are MASSIVE. It's not even close to 2lbs like the description says.

Cognitive Dissonance: Wanna join my Call of Duty 4 clan?
Me: Who are you?
Cognitive Dissonance: You ask too many questions. Never mind. You're out.

#317 Potatoeman

Potatoeman

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:42 PM

I just got these in at work today. They are MASSIVE. It's not even close to 2lbs like the description says.

Does this have a seperate release in-store?

#318 sasukekun

sasukekun

Cat-Like Typing Detected

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:12 PM

Does this have a seperate release in-store?

No idea, it shows we can sell them once we got em. Not sure why we got ours early, but they are like 10 lbs.

Cognitive Dissonance: Wanna join my Call of Duty 4 clan?
Me: Who are you?
Cognitive Dissonance: You ask too many questions. Never mind. You're out.

#319 kitsunisan

kitsunisan

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:17 PM

Saw it yesterday, this thing weighs a ton!  Man, I want it, but can't fit it in my budget.

#320 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 20 July 2013 - 04:04 PM

Was debating keeping my order, but after hearing it's got such heft I'll keep it.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#321 Prison Mike

Prison Mike

Don't Drop The Soap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2013 - 08:56 PM

Looks like they're shipping these out now.

#322 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 23 July 2013 - 09:00 PM

Yup, got a notice saying delivery date changed to July 25th.

#323 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2013 - 09:44 PM

Preordered one for a friend for his birthday/Christmas. Wasn't expecting these for another month or so. Oh well. It was going in the closet till then anyway. Just gets to sit longer than I expected.

#324 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2013 - 06:12 AM

Mine says Shipping Now

#325 Pikagreg

Pikagreg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2013 - 02:34 PM

Ended up picking this up out of impulse <_< damn these things!

~~~Now Playing~~~
:pc:FFXIV
:ps3:Lightning Returns
:3ds:Bravely Default
My Steam Profile
:D~~~~~~My Trade List~~~~~~~ :D(dead)

#326 Sarang01

Sarang01

My Use Name Is Saber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2013 - 03:51 PM

Wow, shipping already.  EeveeeFanboy you should be ashamed for insulting the greatest artist to come around since Leonardo da Vinci.  Show some bloody respect to Amano-sama.

Bow your head.  Now, what about this "All About Amano" book?  Can someone give me a short summation on it?

Oh and sasukekun I love your kitten pic.  Where's it from?

Posted Image

"Friends let friends eat each other out.".

#327 PrinnyOtaku

PrinnyOtaku

二人の秘密の基地

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2013 - 06:40 PM

yeah... I cancelled discounted my pre-order when it shipped early. I tend to spend too much money on guides and art books that I don't actually like much.

I think I would've enjoyed this but... not $52 worth of enjoyment for me. Maybe sometime down the road :3

Defynorz.png
Add me on PSN for co-op or anything

League of Legends: Defyn

#328 shadylane

shadylane

Believe...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:57 PM

Is there anyway to get those extra goodies that came with the first edition?

Shadylane310.png

33836.png

#329 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:58 PM

Aftermarket sellers, aka ebay and the like.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#330 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:58 PM

Got mine today. Very impressed with it - well worth $50.

eBay ;p