Preorder - The Sky: The Art of Final Fantasy Boxed Set [Slipcase] - $59.20

• Please log in to reply
352 replies to this topic

#181 IronChariot

IronChariot

CAG Deity

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:25 AM

For some reason Amazon UK still has it listed as a pre-order? Event though it has a release date of October 30th. :/

I ordered there and it was supposed to be dispatched on Oct. 31. Just talked with an Amazon rep, and they said the supplier hadn't contacted them about cancellation. I wouldn't be surprised if they took too many pre-orders, though.

#182 sp1cychick3n

sp1cychick3n

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:28 AM

My UK order just changed date to December 13th.

#183 Youngnoble

Youngnoble

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:32 AM

My UK order just changed date to December 13th.

So did mine, thats a good sign I guess.

#184 Verelios

Verelios

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:27 PM

Order was just relegated to Dec. 13th. God damn, they're out.

#185 Auburn

Auburn

Posted 03 November 2012 - 06:04 AM

I still haven't heard anything about my US order. How should I take this?

#186 ponn01

ponn01

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:15 PM

I still haven't heard anything about my US order. How should I take this?

There was only a thousand made, you aint gettin it.

#187 keine

keine

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:31 PM

There was only a thousand made, you aint gettin it.

Yeah, I was afraid of this. I ordered August 21st and it looks like I'm shit out of luck. :(

There's no way I'm paying $200+ on eBay. Oh well.
Posted Image "I want me some glory hole." -The Great Jerry Jones

#188 Arakias

Arakias

Inferior Potassium

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:50 AM

I hadn't been sure why people said this was limited to 1000 but now I see why (for those that didn't see this).
Posted Image

Wish I could get a hold of one.

#189 Gosha

Gosha

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:54 AM

I hadn't been sure why people said this was limited to 1000 but now I see why (for those that didn't see this).
Posted Image

Wish I could get a hold of one.

Yeah I posted a pic of mine near the beginning. The signatures are authentic and done with differen pens/pencils, which I think is cool.

Posted Image

#190 blinknot4

blinknot4

Posted 04 November 2012 - 03:07 PM

Amazon UK is still accepting orders, but it is temporarily out of stock. I know that means it will probz get canceled - but figured its worth a mention. Coverts to $155 USD incl shipping.
http://www.amazon.co...ils_o00_s00_i00

Dill The Noise.

471350.png

#191 Bumslie

Bumslie

Positive Mental Attitude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:35 PM

My order from August just got cancelled from Amazon. It said the delivery date would be Nov.5-9. Oh well shit happens I just hate when pre-orders fall through.

BumslieOG.png

#192 pjb16

pjb16

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:38 PM

My order from August just got cancelled from Amazon. It said the delivery date would be Nov.5-9. Oh well shit happens I just hate when pre-orders fall through.

Just checked, and mine was cancelled as well (it's no longer in my open orders). However, I do not have a cancellation e-mail yet.

#193 SPVietBoy

SPVietBoy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:17 PM

Yeah, got my email too.

#194 ponn01

ponn01

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:46 PM

Yea it sucks. Don't forget to complain to Amazon and get your $10 credit consolation prize for playing.

#195 Seraphinianus

Seraphinianus

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:00 PM

Yeah, but that doesn't stop resellers period. Look at the Okami artbook. It went OOP apparently within the last few weeks. I had it in my wish list from Amazon for a while. The price was only $27 but I just kept putting it off. Suddenly, it wasn't listed anymore, and now prices have shot up to nearly four times that. Resellers are going to jack up prices no matter what, and unless you're constantly making an unlimited supply, I doubt that they couldn't still make a profit at some point.

I mean, I get it - there's no real reason to debate any of this, and I'm not trying to say anyone's wrong. It just kind of sucks for fans that wanted it. You can just call it envy/jealousy if you want, because yeah - I'm damn jelly now. Not so much angry as I am disappointed, as it's good to know some CAGs got their copies and are enjoying them.

No big deal either way; I'll probably just eat the cost at some point since I really want this.

the Okami artbook has gone in and out of print since it was released, so it might get reprinted again. I thought the publisher, Udon, put out some message telling people to sit tight if any of their books went out of print, because they'd inevitably get reprinted...but I'm too lazy to verify.

and yeah, I am pretty salty that I didn't check this out. Not a huge FF fan, but I like Amano's art work a lot.

#196 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:07 PM

Just checked, and mine was cancelled as well (it's no longer in my open orders). However, I do not have a cancellation e-mail yet.

Same here-- no email but it's not in my open orders anymore.

Can't say I'm surprised, but Amazon has been pissing me off a lot lately.

It's very unlikely that this will be reprinted, since Amano signed each copy.

Currently playing:
:psp: Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together - :) :bomb:

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#197 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:10 PM

I wonder if they'll reprint this without his signature.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#198 Kirin Lemon

Kirin Lemon

世界を革命する者

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:11 PM

What I think is more likely to happen is a second pressing *without* the Amano signature. It's a fairly large expense to just press 1000 of these things and then stop, and even more foolish to ignore what's basically money on the table from people who still want it.
Posted Image

#199 Siye

Siye

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 07:50 AM

Dark Horse confirmed the Sky would be reprinted.

However there is a catch. It will be a slipcase version of the three core books only.
The autobiography, flipbook, along with the other goodies will not be included.

Essentially, they're releasing a "lite" version for those that missed out. ETA is early 2013.

#200 Kay_Faraday

Kay_Faraday

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:54 AM

My order vanished too. :( Did anyone who pre order from amazon get their copy or were they all cancelled?

#201 Seraphinianus

Seraphinianus

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:55 PM

However there is a catch. It will be a slipcase version of the three core books only.

Essentially, they're releasing a "lite" version for those that missed out. ETA is early 2013.

Fine with me. Will buy! :)

#202 tommythethumb

tommythethumb

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:59 PM

Hopefully they're coupling the "lite" version with a "lite" price. I want these books as much as anyone, but I suppose I have to draw the principle line somewhere.

#203 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 03:09 PM

Sounds good to me, it'll probably be much cheaper too.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#204 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 03:33 PM

Not the same thing then... unless it's like $20, I'm not buying this half-assed reprint.

Currently playing:
:psp: Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together - :) :bomb:

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#205 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 03:39 PM

Not the same thing then... unless it's like $20, I'm not buying this half-assed reprint.

Then don't? I'm only interested in the actual artbooks so I'm almost glad I missed out on this edition.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#206 keine

keine

Posted 10 November 2012 - 03:48 PM

I don't really know how to feel about this supposed reprint, because I'm still butthurt over my Amazon preorder disappearing into thin air. I just need a little more time to cool off. Although, like Vinny, the price will probably play an important factor for me. And I would prefer to get it someplace other than Amazon. :/
Posted Image "I want me some glory hole." -The Great Jerry Jones

#207 animemaniac14

animemaniac14

Do the Monkey w/Me!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 04:17 PM

yeah i do a search and my order pops up...click on it and POOF. with a pop-up message that says "HAHA! BURNED!"

seriously though, how does amazon just make an order disappear like that?

Posted Image

[CDs=450] [DVDs=727] [VGs=434] [Books=183]

6% Cash back on BestBuy.com (can use for in-store pick up too!)!
http://www.topcashba...m/ref/cidsaijin

Spoiler

Spoiler

Free Gift Cards > Sex with a Blueshirt

#208 eXiON

eXiON

A Wild CAG has appeared!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 04:22 PM

seriously though, how does amazon just make an order disappear like that?

They did that to me with Diablo 3 CE when it came out, TWICE. it really ticked me off because the first order I never even got an e-mail regarding the cancellation. It was just, POOF your order is gone. Nothing ever happened! Then the second time was when everyone was scalping the hell out of it, and I really just wanted one for myself. Found one on AWD for $67.xx, bought it. But naw, a day later I got a cancellation saying they couldn't find my item, yet I saw them put up 3 more AWD D3s for the new wonderful price of $124.xx

Luckily I managed to snag one from the place I least expected.. goHastings.

#209 EdgeCrusher36

EdgeCrusher36

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 04:56 PM

Amazon kinda pissed me off on this, cause mine too disappeared, with no email or anything stating that it did. I contacted them, and got the usual canned reply of "Sorry, we can't control our inventory through suppliers, keep checking" and also had the line of "you should have received an email stating that your order was canceled". That is the most irritiating thing, cause I know people here never got an email either. I would have been perfectly fine if I had got the normal "sorry, can't get it, just letting you know" email.

#210 R. Kasahara

R. Kasahara

The Artist Formerly Known as ブルー神羅

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:10 PM

I did some searching around for more info about this reprint (since I didn't trust this news without a source), and came upon this: http://twitter.com/D...570473389842432

So yeah, no postcards, print, "All About Yoshitaka Amano" (which is the best of the extras, IMO), or flipbook. The three core books are very nice though, so at least it's something *shrug*

They did that to me with Diablo 3 CE when it came out, TWICE. it really ticked me off because the first order I never even got an e-mail regarding the cancellation. It was just, POOF your order is gone. Nothing ever happened! Then the second time was when everyone was scalping the hell out of it, and I really just wanted one for myself. Found one on AWD for $67.xx, bought it. But naw, a day later I got a cancellation saying they couldn't find my item, yet I saw them put up 3 more AWD D3s for the new wonderful price of $124.xx

Luckily I managed to snag one from the place I least expected.. goHastings.

Eww, goHastings... but at least you got it!
sig.gif
2014 Completed Games

:-({|=  The Video Game Soundtrack Deals Thread ~ Where and how to buy game music online. Oh, and deals, too!
:whee: The Official PAX Prime (and possibly East) 2014 Thread ~ It's that time again!