Preorder - The Sky: The Art of Final Fantasy Boxed Set [Slipcase] - $59.20

• Please log in to reply
352 replies to this topic

#211 mars009

mars009

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:31 PM

First Valkyria Chronicles, then Zelda, and now FF....Ugh thankfully this is a bit too much for me to justify, but I am very tempted.

Which one was the Zelda one?

#212 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:34 PM

Which one was the Zelda one?

http://www.amazon.co...hyrule historia

I really wish they kept the plain cover of the Japanese one; it just looked more... historic.

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Valhalla Knights 3 - :-|

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :-|

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#213 billymagnum

billymagnum

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:18 PM

so i thought i was golden. never received a cancellation from amazon. they even had me approve the delay. now i go check the order and SURPRISE its just gone. im not in a nasty back and forth with amazon and they acknowledge they never sent me a cancel notice but they did cancel it. trying to find out why and how to compensate me...

really sucks. but ill take the reprint abd not have to worry about its rareness so much. i want to enjoy the art not keep it locked away or resell on ebay like some ppl

#214 sephiroth61787

sephiroth61787

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:26 PM

Glad to hear on news about the reprint. If it's true, then it will be in one of their solicitations in the next few months.

I'm happy with my copy and wouldn't part with it, but it's nice for people who just want the three artbooks.

#215 Auburn

Auburn

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:28 PM

so i thought i was golden. never received a cancellation from amazon. they even had me approve the delay. now i go check the order and SURPRISE its just gone. im not in a nasty back and forth with amazon and they acknowledge they never sent me a cancel notice but they did cancel it. trying to find out why and how to compensate me...

really sucks. but ill take the reprint abd not have to worry about its rareness so much. i want to enjoy the art not keep it locked away or resell on ebay like some ppl

Yeah, the same thing happened to me. :/ I talked to a CSR and requested a supervisor to see if there would be any way they could get a hold of another copy for me. Unfortunately, he said nothing could be done on the matter. However, he did add a $20 credit to my account. It's not the art book, but it's something at least.

#216 IronChariot

IronChariot

In My Country There Is Problem

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:18 PM

Hmm, my UK order is still there for December. Wonder if I should wait and see if it comes or cancel and just get the cheaper reprint (I mostly just care about the art).

#217 Tormod

Tormod

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:51 AM

Preordered in August before this was even posted. Got burned like the rest.

Definitely weak the way Amazon handled the cancelations. As others have said, you can barter with an Amazon CSR to get a credit. They should've just given it to people upfront which has happened in the past, or at least been honest about the lack of inventory. Usually their customer service is amazing.

#218 joeyatog

joeyatog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:13 PM

Wow, sounds like Amazon really dropped the ball on this one! I hope the reprint isn't as hard to find for those who want it.
Posted Image

#219 takotchi

takotchi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:22 PM

Wow, sounds like Amazon really dropped the ball on this one! I hope the reprint isn't as hard to find for those who want it.

I doubt it's Amazon's fault. Dark Horse didn't tell anybody how limited it was going to be until it was almost released. It's their fault for not printing enough or giving retailers a realistic idea of their inventory so they could have cut-off pre-orders.

As for the lame re-print, Fuck them. Not buying the gimped version after getting screwed the first time. I guess they expect us to pay $60-70 or whatever for a "consolation prize"? Give me a break! :roll:

#220 Seraphinianus

Seraphinianus

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:43 PM

yeah, amazon doesn't print or publish books. they respond to information given to them by publishers, which is why their shipping dates jump around all the time and why they have to cancel orders and such.

and that's how supply chains work, kids. There isn't some idiot at amazon randomly hitting buttons that Fuck with people's orders.

#221 Gosha

Gosha

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:45 PM

I doubt it's Amazon's fault. Dark Horse didn't tell anybody how limited it was going to be until it was almost released. It's their fault for not printing enough or giving retailers a realistic idea of their inventory so they could have cut-off pre-orders.

As for the lame re-print, Fuck them. Not buying the gimped version after getting screwed the first time. I guess they expect us to pay $60-70 or whatever for a "consolation prize"? Give me a break! :roll:

I think most people that didn't get it will be content on just getting the 3 artbooks. Thinking otherwise just makes you sound like a reseller. $60-$70 for 3 full size artbooks is a great deal as well.

#222 Seraphinianus

Seraphinianus

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:47 PM

I think most people that didn't get it will be content on just getting the 3 artbooks. Thinking otherwise just makes you sound like a reseller. $60-$70 for 3 full size artbooks is a great deal as well.

pretty much. i just like Amano's art. I don't expect him to sign every copy in existence and I don't expect them to manufacture expensive custom boxes for every single one. The goal is to have Amano's FF art all in one place.

Utility > collector fetish

#223 sp1cychick3n

sp1cychick3n

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:51 PM

Does anyone have a source for the reprint news? Anywhere we can pre-order?

#224 billymagnum

billymagnum

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:58 PM

Preordered in August before this was even posted. Got burned like the rest.

Definitely weak the way Amazon handled the cancelations. As others have said, you can barter with an Amazon CSR to get a credit. They should've just given it to people upfront which has happened in the past, or at least been honest about the lack of inventory. Usually their customer service is amazing.

me too. ordered in august. and they usually are amazing. they cancelled on me with no warning or communication. still in a back and forth with them. they have given me a $10 "shut up" credit...

oh well i really wanted the extras to frame but whatever as usual with stuff like this 99% who got them are going to resell at +300% retail and %1 aka the real fans who got them are very lucky and i hope they cherish them.

#225 LAGUNA

LAGUNA

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:14 AM

Got the same deal with amazon, order cancelled and all. Chatted with CSR rep and I only got $5 credit

#226 EdgeCrusher36

EdgeCrusher36

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:17 AM

I didn't get any credit at all, but not pushing the envelope. Just taking my "too bad, so sad" and going home. Not buying the re-release out of principle though.

#227 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:29 AM

I highly doubt the reprint is going to MSRP for the same as this set.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#228 takotchi

takotchi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:42 AM

Oh, shut up. I'm not a reseller. I'm a fan of the art, that's why I would want the extra stuff beyond the 3 books, which is, wait for it... more Amano art, among other things. Derp! :applause:

That said, I'm not a crazy enough fan to accept the inferior reprint just because the publisher screwed up the first time. I'm not going to reward them for that.

#229 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:05 AM

Oh, shut up. I'm not a reseller. I'm a fan of the art, that's why I would want the extra stuff beyond the 3 books, which is, wait for it... more Amano art, among other things. Derp! :applause:

That said, I'm not a crazy enough fan to accept the inferior reprint just because the publisher screwed up the first time. I'm not going to reward them for that.

So you're a fan of the art but won't buy the art because it doesn't come with some extra art?

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#230 Kitoro

Kitoro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:39 AM

I guess I got lucky. I didn't even know this existed until it popped up for 5% off in my Amazon Gold Box on July 29th. I thought what the hell and placed an order. Got it a few weeks ago. I didn't even know it was this scarce.

#231 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:59 AM

Dark Horse confirmed the Sky would be reprinted.

However there is a catch. It will be a slipcase version of the three core books only.
The autobiography, flipbook, along with the other goodies will not be included.

Essentially, they're releasing a "lite" version for those that missed out. ETA is early 2013.

I'm all for it, I don't care about reprints as long as it's cheaper.

#232 Asgardian

Asgardian

Crazy Ass Game Collector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:48 PM

Well, as expected, I just noticed my amazon pre-order disappeared as if it never happened, not even a fucken cancellation email from amazon. Fucken assholes...

Have a good read of the awesome FAQ by AtlanteanMan.
weapon05.gif
Come checkout the DAISENRYAKU discussion thread.
Show your support to bring more of this awesome strategy title to North America!

#233 hecaitomix

hecaitomix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:55 PM

i'm keeping mine sealed for now until I can resist. already saw the content from friend's copy anyway.

3DS friend code: Hecaitomix: 2380-3115-6693
Safari: Ground Type: Trapinch, Nincada, Gastrodon message me if you added me.
142265.png

#234 billymagnum

billymagnum

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:39 PM

still waiting on a official response from the "appropriate department"

they keep saying someone is going to explain it so i keep writing back after not hearing anything for a day or two. ive also expressed how I'm not the only one this happened to.

so far ive been given a $10 and a $6 credit to my account for my "patience"

#235 nosajj

nosajj

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:04 PM

I've got an extra copy for sale if anyone is interested. Panicked when it was sold out and re-ordered from several places and ended up getting 2 copies. PM me an offer. I'm from Australia so consider shipping costs as well

#236 Lord_Kefka

Lord_Kefka

Son of a Submariner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:25 PM

I've got an extra copy for sale if anyone is interested. Panicked when it was sold out and re-ordered from several places and ended up getting 2 copies. PM me an offer. I'm from Australia so consider shipping costs as well

I very much want this set, but I'm not willing to pay above retail. And with quantities so limited, many who got them are flipping them. SMH.

If you look at the Amazon listing page and see the huge thread called "unavailable?", I started that.

Willing to give right around retail price. I got screwed on this twice so far.

#237 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:52 PM

I very much want this set, but I'm not willing to pay above retail. And with quantities so limited, many who got them are flipping them. SMH.

If you look at the Amazon listing page and see the huge thread called "unavailable?", I started that.

Willing to give right around retail price. I got screwed on this twice so far.

Shipping costs alone from Australia will be ridiculous.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#238 Seraphinianus

Seraphinianus

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:15 PM

how about you name the price you have in your head instead of hoping that someone offers well above that?

because that's about the only reason anyone says "make an offer"

#239 Strell

Strell

LOBSTERS!....IN MY PANTS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:14 PM

Just got an e-mail from Amazon talking about this order, saying that it was canceled as the item is no longer available from the distributor. They also gave me a $10 credit.

Posted Image
Aminal Crossing: Strell@Tazmily, 2836-3590- 0819

"One of the more...amusing screwballs around here..." - shrike4242
Join the El Hoardo Fan Club!
Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#240 Bumslie

Bumslie

Don't Shit Where You Eat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:29 PM

Just got an e-mail from Amazon talking about this order, saying that it was canceled as the item is no longer available from the distributor. They also gave me a $10 credit.

Just received the same email with the $10 credit.

BumslieOG.png