3DS to 3DS XL System Transfer - I think I'm screwed

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 01:54 AM

I posted this in the main thread but I figured I'd have better luck if I created a new thread - I need some help. I just did the system transfer and when it seemed to be complete my new 3DSXL couldn't connect to the internet so it gave me an error. There is supposed to be some step where you take the SD card out of the old 3DS and put it into the new one. What do I have to do now.

The old 3DS is completely wiped and when I turn it on it goes through the set-up. The new 3DSXL seems to be working but I am missing Four Swords, Pushmo, all the demos and videos I downloaded.

I redownloaded Pushmo - my save files are gone. I can't seem to find Four Swords on the eShop so I guess I'm screwed? What the hell Nintendo?

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#2 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 02:10 AM

I think you should call them up and register a complaint. Four Swords should be in your download history though, like at the end, with the rest of your DSiWare downloads. You also have to remember that Four Swords was a temporary download that got removed from the eShop after a certain time period, but is still available for those who already downloaded it.

A friend of mine had this exact same issue, where he completed his transfer, at the end it connected to the internet, but failed and got and error, and lost every download he had, including game save files.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#3 Javery

Javery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 02:19 AM

Did your friend ever get it resolved? I'm really bummed. I only "lost" Four Swords which was free plus all of my saves but still - it is highly annoying. I will give them a call when I get a chance.

This entire system is ridiculous. I wanted to do the trade-in at my GameStop but they claimed they didn't have an internet connection so I had to buy the system for full price and then when I go back tomorrow they will give me a $100 credit. It is so stupid that in 2012 Nintendo can't have an account in the cloud that at least remembers what you have downloaded (not just remembering what an individual DS has downloaded). This is why I hate Nintendo.

#4 thegarageband

thegarageband

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 02:45 AM

BLAH BLAH BLAH FALSE SENSE OF ENTITLEMENT BLAH BLAH. This is why I hate Nintendo.

And yet you still buy their new system?

:applause:
Dongs.

#5 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 02:50 AM

Did your friend ever get it resolved? I'm really bummed. I only "lost" Four Swords which was free plus all of my saves but still - it is highly annoying. I will give them a call when I get a chance.

This entire system is ridiculous. I wanted to do the trade-in at my GameStop but they claimed they didn't have an internet connection so I had to buy the system for full price and then when I go back tomorrow they will give me a $100 credit. It is so stupid that in 2012 Nintendo can't have an account in the cloud that at least remembers what you have downloaded (not just remembering what an individual DS has downloaded). This is why I hate Nintendo.

He just had to redownload everything. He still had all of his Street Pass data, but lost his game saves, which sucked. He still had his Ambassador games and everything like that. He called to file a complaint, but I don't know if it did anything.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#6 Javery

Javery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 02:54 AM

And yet you still buy their new system?

:applause:

Whatever. I can hate Nintendo and love their games you know. I'm willing to bet most people feel that way.

Also, yes I am entitled to the shit I already own.

#7 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 22 August 2012 - 02:57 AM

I like Nintendo, but they are backward in many ways. Let's hope they have figured it all out for the WiiU.

Crunchewy.png

#8 chronosnes

chronosnes

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:57 PM

i can hate nintendo and love their games you know. I'm willing to bet most people feel that way.

+1

#9 exceed19

exceed19

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 02:26 AM

Dude, if you downloaded the zelda before it was pulled off the server, you can still go back and re-download it. Your save files are most likely toast, but you go to the N store, and look for something that is transaction history or purchase history. It will show you everything youve downloaded, and you can just redownload it from there.

#10 Javery

Javery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 02:49 AM

Dude, if you downloaded the zelda before it was pulled off the server, you can still go back and re-download it. Your save files are most likely toast, but you go to the N store, and look for something that is transaction history or purchase history. It will show you everything youve downloaded, and you can just redownload it from there.

Thanks! That did it. My saves are gone but I can live with that...

#11 exceed19

exceed19

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 03:01 AM

^^ your welcome my friend! Glad I could help you. I went through the same problem with my zelda swords game :) Enjoy your 3dsxl!

#12 Tygamr

Tygamr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 04:12 AM

Something similar happened to me- gave me an error, and I was all like 'Oh noes. My old 3DS got wiped and almost none of my software transferred'. I just took the old SD card and put it into the XL, went back into system transfer (booted me to the home screen when the error happened) and it was all like 'hey, you didn't finish the transfer'. So then it grabbed all the software off the SD card, and I was good to go. Have all my data from all my games. It did get the order of a few things switched around, but other than that, everything is fine.

#13 ddp72984

ddp72984

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 07:45 AM

This may sound stupid but try this, it worked for me.

1. Back up all info on XLs memory card on PC.
2. Fully format said memory card
3. Create another folder an transfer everything from old 3ds to PC.
4. Drag and drop original 3ds folders to new XL memory card

Yeah, its supposed to be wiped, but this brought back my old and missing saves. Good luck