Best Buy Ad 8/26 - 9/1

Mikerocosms

CAGiversary!
New Releases coming out Tuesday, August 28, 2012:

Battleship
:

• DVD - $17.99
  • Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes DVD, Digital Copy and UltraViolet Digital Copy) - $19.99 *Best Buy exclusive includes bonus disc with over 30 minutes of explosive behind-the-scenes action*
The Lucky One:

• DVD (includes UltraViolet Digital Copy) - $14.99
  • Blu-ray Movie-Only Edition (includes UltraViolet Digital Copy) - $17.99
  • Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes DVD and UltraViolet Digital Copy) - $19.99
Think Like a Man:

• DVD (includes UltraViolet Digital Copy) - $17.99
  • Blu-ray (includes UltraViolet Digital Copy) - $19.99
The Pirates! Band of Misfits:

• DVD (includes UltraViolet Digital Copy) - $17.99
  • Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes DVD and UltraViolet Digital Copy) - $22.99
  • Blu-ray 3D Combo Pack (includes Blu-ray 3D, Blu-ray, DVD and UltraViolet Digital Copy) - $29.99
School of Rock:

• Blu-ray - $12.99
Jersey Shore Shark Attack:

• DVD - $9.99
  • Blu-ray - $14.99
Terminator Anthology (Terminator / Terminator 2: Judgment Day / Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines / Terminator Salvation):

• 5-Disc Blu-ray Set - $34.99
Free Best Buy gift card offer
Free $10 Best Buy gift card when you spend $50 or more on TV titles on DVD or Blu-ray. Free $25 Best Buy gift card when you spend $100 or more on TV titles on DVD or Blu-ray. Products must be purchased on the same receipt to receive the gift card. Excludes children's TV titles. Online offer may vary.

Once Upon a Time: The Complete First Season:

The Walking Dead: The Complete Second Season:

• DVD - $24.99
  • Blu-ray - $29.99
  • Limited Edition Zombie Head with Blu-ray - $69.99
Boardwalk Empire: The Complete Second Season:

• DVD - $29.99
  • Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes DVD and Digital Copy) - $34.99
Sons of Anarchy: Season Four:

• DVD - $19.99
  • Blu-ray - $24.99
  • Get a reaper beanie for $4.99 with purchase of Sons of Anarchy: Season Four.
Homeland: The Complete First Season:

• DVD - $19.99
  • Blu-ray - $24.99
In Plain Sight: Season Five:

• DVD - $17.99
Stargate Atlantis:

• Seasons 1 - 5 on Blu-ray - $24.99 each *Best Buy exclusive*
Two and a Half Men: The Complete Ninth Season:

• DVD - $24.99
NOTE: Reposting of any part of this article requires a link back to the original article.
Available Now:
The Dictator Banned & Unrated:

• DVD (includes UltraViolet Digital Copy) - $14.99
  • Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes DVD and UltraViolet Digital Copy) - $17.99
$14.99 DVD / $19.99 Blu-ray:

• Act of Valor (Blu-ray includes DVD and Digital Copy)
  • American Reunion Unrated (Blu-ray includes DVD and Digital Copy)
  • Being Flynn
  • Big Miracle (Blu-ray includes DVD and Digital Copy)
  • Safe House (Blu-ray includes DVD and Digital Copy)
  • Silent House (Blu-ray includes DVD and Digital Copy)
  • Wanderlust (Blu-ray includes DVD and Digital Copy)
TV on DVD and Blu-ray:
Free $10 Best Buy gift card when you spend $50 or more on TV titles on DVD or Blu-ray. Free $25 Best Buy gift card when you spend $100 or more on TV titles on DVD or Blu-ray. Products must be purchased on the same receipt to receive the gift card. Excludes children's TV titles. Online offer may vary.
Sons of Anarchy:

• Seasons 1 - 3 on DVD - $24.99 each
  • Seasons 1 - 3 on Blu-ray - $28.99 each
The Walking Dead:

• Season 1 DVD - $19.99
  • Season 1 Blu-ray - $22.99
Boardwalk Empire:

• Season 1 DVD - $29.99
  • Season 1 Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes DVD and Digital Copy) - $34.99
Two and a Half Men:

• Seasons 1 - 8 on DVD - $16.99 each
Justified:

• Seasons 1 - 2 on DVD - $14.99
  • Seasons 1 - 2 on Blu-ray - $19.99
The Big Bang Theory:

• Seasons 1 - 4 on DVD - $16.99 each
Fringe:

• Seasons 1 - 3 on DVD - $16.99 each
  • Seasons 1 - 3 on Blu-ray - $22.99 each
Breaking Bad:

• Season 4 DVD - $19.99
  • Season 4 Blu-ray - $24.99
Weeds:

• Season 7 DVD - $19.99
  • Season 7 Blu-ray - $19.99
Strike Back:

• Season 1 DVD - $24.99
  • Season 1 Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes DVD and Digital Copy) - $32.99
Revenge:

NCIS:

• Seasons 1 - 8 on DVD - $18.99 each
  • Season 9 DVD - $39.99
NCIS: Los Angeles:

• Seasons 1 - 2 on DVD - $18.99 each
  • Season 3 DVD - $39.99

Thanks to Annie Chu!

M

Last edited by a moderator:
That's the price I was looking for on SOA S4 blu. Combined with the other stackable offers I can't justify not picking this up.

Thanks for the early heads up

If amazon price matches BB on "Once Upon a Time: The Complete First Season" to $39.99 my preorder with $15 off coupon puts me at $25 for it.

M

Think I need to cancel my preorder for my zombie head on amazon. Would like to get a $25 gift card at best buy......but how hard will it be to get one?

Would like to get Walking Dead ssn 2 zombie $69.99 and Boardwalk Empire ssn 2 $34.99 and get Sons of Anarchy ssn 4 blu with the gift card.

Do preorders not count for the gift card deal? Trying to do preorder store pickup for the titles I mentioned earlier and it only mentions the $10 code for doing ship to store.

If I pre-order an item now (to be shipped, not in-store pickup) that's out Tuesday, when it ships will I be charged the price that is on the site now or the sale price from next week's ad? Thanks.

Boardwalk Empire is a combo pack? Thats a first Ive seen for a season show! Im all over that. Loved season 1

What if I buy $50 of shit, get a $10 GC, and return on of the sets that made it $50? Do I have to give back the GC :lol:

My girlfriend and I might be in for Once Upon a Time. We got a great deal on 4 of those Disney movies last week, so we might parlay that savings into the show.

[quote name='Ravenous']Boardwalk Empire is a combo pack? Thats a first Ive seen for a season show! Im all over that. Loved season 1

What if I buy $50 of shit, get a $10 GC, and return on of the sets that made it $50? Do I have to give back the GC :lol:[/QUOTE]

they won't give you full value of the item your returning if you decided to do that.

HBO started doing combo packs with True Blood when season 4 was released.

I'llpick up Board and Walking Dead, get the 10 code and 10 giftcard and use the 20 toward Sons and Homeland. I could wait for OUAT for Black Friday

I've heard good things about Homeland considering picking that and Walking Dead Season 2 up. Then using that $20 in discounts towards Boardwalk Empire season 1 and 2. I would pick up SoA but going to hold out for BF and I still have to watch season 2 and 3. Wow I can't believe I'm already thinking about Black Friday.

Anybody suggest Homeland?

[quote name='Scorch']It will be here next week[/QUOTE]

Not that I'm questioning your knowledge or common sense, but how do you know that?

I was hoping there was going to be a deal for the individual Lord of the Rings blus that are coming out the 28th. But I will be picking up Walking Dead season 2 also.

[quote name='RaidenMGS3']No deal on the older seasons of Breaking Bad and Weeds? I am disappoint., but thanks for posting nonetheless![/QUOTE]

I assume they will be the same price next week but this week they are on sale:

All blu prices:
Breaking Bad ssn 1 $12.99
Ssn 2 $14.99
Ssn 3 $19.99

WEEDS
Ssn 1 thru 6 $19.99 each
Ssn 7 $13.99

[quote name='radioactivez0r']Amazon has Walking Dead S2 for $49, so that seems...too good to be true. Is it perhaps a bare bones non-super cool edition?[/QUOTE]

did you look up the other new show seasons on amazon? They are just as expensive. I assume Amazon will lower the price next week. If not...thats just bad.

There's only 2 versions of Walking Dead. Regular and Zombie Head.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']I assume they will be the same price next week but this week they are on sale:

All blu prices:
Breaking Bad ssn 1 $12.99
Ssn 2 $14.99
Ssn 3 $19.99

WEEDS
Ssn 1 thru 6 $19.99 each
Ssn 7 $13.99[/QUOTE]

Oh awesome! Thanks so much for the info, I'm heading there first thing tomorrow.

Does anyone know how if sales tax counts for you with the spend $xx get a gc promo? Want to see if I can stack the spend $100 for $25 with the spend $50 for $10 in store pickup, but BWE1 and 2 and TWD 2 is $99.97. Do i need to tack something else on too? If this works I can basically get a BWE for free.

[quote name='vanton619']Does anyone know how if sales tax counts for you with the spend $xx get a gc promo? Want to see if I can stack the spend $100 for $25 with the spend $50 for $10 in store pickup, but BWE1 and 2 and TWD 2 is $99.97. Do i need to tack something else on too? If this works I can basically get a BWE for free.[/QUOTE]

tax isn't included. You'll have to buy another tv show. In which you may be better off placing two $50plus orders.

Getting the bonus $10 for ship to store and $10 gift card. $40 that way instead of $35.

Regarding Once Upon A Time Bluray, is there a scan of the 10 off coupon or a scan of the Best Buy ad? I clicked on the link and the coupon it brings me to is $10 off Revenge DVD box set and not Once Upon a Time.

[quote name='blackfrancis44']Regarding Once Upon A Time Bluray, is there a scan of the 10 off coupon or a scan of the Best Buy ad? I clicked on the link and the coupon it brings me to is $10 off Revenge DVD box set and not Once Upon a Time.[/QUOTE]

the coupon isnt up yet. Wait til Sunday.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']the coupon isnt up yet. Wait til Sunday.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the update. I didn't realize they wait until the last minute to post it.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']tax isn't included. You'll have to buy another tv show. In which you may be better off placing two $50plus orders.

Getting the bonus $10 for ship to store and $10 gift card. $40 that way instead of $35.[/QUOTE]

I guess I'll just HAVE to get Homeland in that case. Thanks for the info.

Yesssss! SOA4 for $25. That's awesome. I was expecting $35 at least. Girlfriend spontaneously bought me Dexter season 6 on Blu last week, so now I don't have to fork out a ton for the latest season of "my shows"

[quote name='bearkiss']I can't believe they've dropped the price of Dictator on blu 1 week after it comes out!

definitely getting $5.00 back![/QUOTE]

I'm with you! Anyone thinking of blind-buying (like I did), I'd say wait for it to get a bit cheaper or rent it. I was a huge fan of Bruno/Borat, but came away kind of disappointed with this one. Some funny moments, but overall not that great.

The online orders would get you the $10 certificate for the $50+ orders with in-store pickup and another $10 more in a gift card with the online order that gets mailed to you. The $10 GC is only one per person, however.

The in-store orders would get you a $25 GC for a $100 in-store order.

It might be better to do two $50+ orders with the $10 certificate and $10 mailed GC for one order and another $50 for the $10 certificate (and possibly get another $10 GC out of the deal if the system doesn't limit you to one $10 GC).

[quote name='shrike4242']The online orders would get you the $10 certificate for the $50+ orders with in-store pickup and another $10 more in a gift card with the online order that gets mailed to you. The $10 GC is only one per person, however.

The in-store orders would get you a $25 GC for a $100 in-store order.

It might be better to do two $50+ orders with the $10 certificate and $10 mailed GC for one order and another $50 for the $10 certificate (and possibly get another $10 GC out of the deal if the system doesn't limit you to one $10 GC).[/QUOTE]

But with the online version you would have to buy 3+ tv sets @ 14.99 & up to get the $10 gc. At least that's how it was earlier in the week.

They have made it harder to maximize the savings by combining promotions with online orders. Especially with a lot of the newest releases not being a part of the $10 gc promo.

[quote name='Mikerocosms']If amazon price matches BB on "Once Upon a Time: The Complete First Season" to $39.99 my preorder with $15 off coupon puts me at $25 for it.

M[/QUOTE]

Where did you get that $15 off coupon? Is Once Upon a Time worth a blind buy? I've heard lot of good things about it!

[quote name='darkdaze73']But with the online version you would have to buy 3+ tv sets @ 14.99 & up to get the $10 gc. At least that's how it was earlier in the week.

They have made it harder to maximize the savings by combining promotions with online orders. Especially with a lot of the newest releases not being a part of the $10 gc promo.[/QUOTE]It looks it's still that way, so it looks like that idea won't work.

Guess it's in-store for the $100 worth of items for the free $25 GC.

[quote name='Capocci 007']oh what! none of the new releases have the $10 gift card promotion online just the $10 coupon code... now I'm not sure what to do.[/QUOTE]

id wait til Sunday seeing as they still have to update with the sale prices.

[quote name='GBAstar']That's the price I was looking for on SOA S4 blu. Combined with the other stackable offers I can't justify not picking this up.

Thanks for the early heads up[/QUOTE]

Exactly..I just got RZC in thats gonna help knock that below what I was waiting for...a must snag for me on tues.

I'm fairly new to the whole bluray world but figured y'all could help me out with this... I'm wanting to expand my collection and see that they have these triple pack bluray deals (I.e. 300, Troy, Alexander, etc..) for $14.99 which is an awesome price, but...

My coworker and I were discussing which blus look the best and for some reason we got discussing these "value" packs, and he said the quality isn't as good with these. How is this true if they're still blus producing at 1080p?

Or IS it true?

[quote name='jcp42877']I'm fairly new to the whole bluray world but figured y'all could help me out with this... I'm wanting to expand my collection and see that they have these triple pack bluray deals (I.e. 300, Troy, Alexander, etc..) for $14.99 which is an awesome price, but...

My coworker and I were discussing which blus look the best and for some reason we got discussing these "value" packs, and he said the quality isn't as good with these. How is this true if they're still blus producing at 1080p?

Or IS it true?[/QUOTE]

The triple packs you're talking about are just the separate disks put in a case if that helps a bit.

[quote name='The Lord of Awesome']The triple packs you're talking about are just the separate disks put in a case if that helps a bit.[/QUOTE]

Okay, that's what I thought as well. He just made it out to seem like they were all on the same disc or something, producing at lower qualities

bread's done
Back