Best Buy ad 8/26-9/1 Madden 13 Edition

• Please log in to reply
261 replies to this topic

#211 Evolved

Evolved

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:22 PM

Wait did you order the game online for store pick up and went and price matched at the store?

No, pre-ordered in store and about to leave to pick it up.

#212 KMoney33

KMoney33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:43 PM

The best buy instructions are incorrect, you have to enter them in game, under my madden and the redeem code option.

Thanks appreciate it! Now I don't have to go through the hassel of dealing with best buy.

#213 darkvulture

darkvulture

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 11:15 PM

Don't bring logic into this, that's too hard for them.

Why would i sell my vita i got for credit at microcenter ? I got it for free if i sell it then when something come out i want then i might have to pay cash or charge it to get it again

i will just hold on to it just in case

#214 tuffguycore

tuffguycore

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 11:46 PM

Got my price match no problem, though I wish the guy who did my preorder told me the hassle it would be if i didn't have my receipt on me...

#215 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 12:04 AM

No it's showing $60

The mobile site shows the PS3 version at the price. I was able to use it to PM my Xbox 360 version. :D

It was a great day at Best Buy. Beyond that, I got a little extra off via Splinter Cell 8-).

#216 ebaymarcaro

ebaymarcaro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 12:57 AM

Anyone else not receive their Bill Walsh DLC?

Also, tried PMing via phone to toysrus but no go. I'm seeing Madden for $44.99 in cart at toysrus.com, but the customer rep said it was $59.99 for her.

#217 PaleGreen

PaleGreen

Take as needed for pain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 01:06 AM

The Madden Vita bundle is definitely moving units in my area.

I got to my store, which still has launch units aplenty, around 5 PM. While I was getting rung up, the post-work crowd showed up. No joke - a line of 6 people at the gaming register, all looking for the Madden Vita. Not bad! Amazing what a $50 GC on the hood does for sales. :applause:

#218 intoxicated662

intoxicated662

Posted 29 August 2012 - 01:44 AM

The Madden Vita bundle is definitely moving units in my area.

I got to my store, which still has launch units aplenty, around 5 PM. While I was getting rung up, the post-work crowd showed up. No joke - a line of 6 people at the gaming register, all looking for the Madden Vita. Not bad! Amazing what a $50 GC on the hood does for sales. :applause:

$250-$50 gift card along with the madden 13 game on Vita which sells for $40 so that itself makes the PS Vita look like a deal in itself which it essentially is if you can find use for it. I didn't find much use for it when I had one awhile back, but hopefully it'll have better support in the future.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#219 StealOfADeal

StealOfADeal

It's a S-O-A-D!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:27 AM

My store WILL match toys r us, lucky times for me!

Edit: how long will it take to receive emailed codes?

2nd edit: ... weird, as soon as I posted the Rice DLC showed up.. 0.o WTF bestbuy?! --- Also, no Walsh code either.

Edited by StealOfADeal, 29 August 2012 - 02:39 AM.

"If she'll learn to play a video game. Keep her!" :D

Updated Infinity disc trade list ---> http://www.cheapassg...scs/?p=11116024

#220 WTFD4V1D

WTFD4V1D

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:34 AM

Anyone else not receive their Bill Walsh DLC?

Also, tried PMing via phone to toysrus but no go. I'm seeing Madden for $44.99 in cart at toysrus.com, but the customer rep said it was $59.99 for her.

I haven't received the Bill Walsh DLC either.

#221 woz3323

woz3323

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 03:21 AM

No go on Bill Walsh either. The Rice one came about an hour after my in-store pick-up. Hopefully it comes before I come home from work tomorrow...
"I am somewhere where I don't know where I am"
-Homer Simpson

#222 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 03:53 AM

Didn't realize we were supposed to get Bill Walsh.

So far I've gotten Luck and Jerry Rice DLC.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#223 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 03:57 AM

Didn't realize we were supposed to get Bill Walsh.

So far I've gotten Luck and Jerry Rice DLC.

I think we are all in the same boat. I mistakenly wrote that I received 2 Andrew Luck codes, but the second code was for Jerry Rice, No Walsh yet.

#224 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 29 August 2012 - 04:30 AM

2 Luck codes and got the Rice one a little bit after pickup. No Walsh yet :(

#225 kangchousa

kangchousa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 04:41 AM

Although they say 'Jerry Rice Preorder Bonus: DLC' in the email, it's actually 'Madden NFL 13 Best Buy Pre-sell Pack' they sent out. So you get both DLCs (Jerry & Bill) with the single code. I just verified it by redeeming the code via PSN->Acct Mgmt->Redeem Codes.

#226 Francision

Francision

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 04:51 AM

I'm so glad I got my Vita Madden bundle at midnight yesterday. I went back to BestBuy earlier to get Splinter Cell and saw that all the Madden Vita bundles were sold out. Crazy how everyone started getting it. I think the $50 gift card was a major selling point along with the free Madden game.
Posted Image

#227 mgford11

mgford11

Posted 29 August 2012 - 05:01 AM

Although they say 'Jerry Rice Preorder Bonus: DLC' in the email, it's actually 'Madden NFL 13 Best Buy Pre-sell Pack' they sent out. So you get both DLCs (Jerry & Bill) with the single code. I just verified it by redeeming the code via PSN->Acct Mgmt->Redeem Codes.

Verified on 360 too.

#228 StealOfADeal

StealOfADeal

It's a S-O-A-D!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 05:08 AM

Luck DLC? What's that dlc? Is that emailed by best buy as well (I haven't received that either) - got the PS3 edition.

#229 mgford11

mgford11

Posted 29 August 2012 - 05:15 AM

the Luck DLC was to play as him in Ultimate Team on Madden 12. The content doesn't function in Madden 13. Codes were sent the moment you pre-ordered Madden 13.

#230 StealOfADeal

StealOfADeal

It's a S-O-A-D!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 05:21 AM

the Luck DLC was to play as him in Ultimate Team on Madden 12. The content doesn't function in Madden 13. Codes were sent the moment you pre-ordered Madden 13.

Was that in store only? Or online?? (I did mine online) .. maybe I missed it. Oh well.

#231 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 29 August 2012 - 05:28 AM

It says that it can be used in 13 as well. I am not sure where you got your info?

#232 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 29 August 2012 - 05:29 AM

Was that in store only? Or online?? (I did mine online) .. maybe I missed it. Oh well.

I ordered mine online and got all the DLC.

#233 mgford11

mgford11

Posted 29 August 2012 - 05:35 AM

It says that it can be used in 13 as well. I am not sure where you got your info?

Well, the same code I used in M12 from the BB email, says invalid code in M13. Not the first time BB wouldn't be on the same page as a developer w/ their DLC content delivery...

#234 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 05:44 AM

Is anyone else having problems with BB's site? I had trouble adding items to cart earlier and kept getting a red banner with an exclamation mark in it. Then I finally got it to go through and ordered it, but in my order status it says I have no orders and I got no email.

#235 daruler022

daruler022

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:27 PM

Well, the same code I used in M12 from the BB email, says invalid code in M13. Not the first time BB wouldn't be on the same page as a developer w/ their DLC content delivery...

Maybe it's only valid with EITHER 12 or 13,but can't redeem it for BOTH?

#236 StealOfADeal

StealOfADeal

It's a S-O-A-D!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 04:51 PM

Still no Walsh DLC.

#237 jr1016

jr1016

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 06:31 PM

Walsh DLC and Rice DLC are on the same code. It just doesn't say so on the email.

Thanks, was getting worried myself.

#238 Zarkon

Zarkon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 05:53 AM

What's the trade-in value of the Madden game, if it's even eligible?

#239 jr1016

jr1016

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 05:57 AM

What's the trade-in value of the Madden game, if it's even eligible?

$20 without bonuses. Thinking of actually returning my copy since I haven't open it yet.

#240 Zarkon

Zarkon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:24 PM

So that'd make it $249 + $50 GC + $40 TIV. Not horrible.