Gears of War 3 $14.99 - Star Wars: TFU 2 $9.99 XBLM

Carbonite

CAGiversary!
I am not sure how long this will run for, it just says:

Gears of War 3 On Demand
For Limited time get 50% off
Just $14.99.
Retail is 29.99 so it is 50%. You can get it on Amazon right now for $22.10 so at $14.99 its a good deal IMHO. If your willing to buy digital that is.

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2 is also 50% off. $9.99 right now.

EDIT: Gears must be purchased through the dashboard on the Games tab, second slide in the main area. Star wars is in the sales and specials box on the top right in the first picture here.

Where to find it:
IMG_20120823_103522.jpg

What shows up when selecting it:
IMG_20120823_103544-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Sychophantom']Website's showing $29.99 still.[/QUOTE]

its a stupid dashboard deal, you have to actually buy it through the ad, otherwise its still $29.99 on the marketplace.

bought it last night

Sorry guys, yeah, its on the game tab, one of the main things in the bigger box. Second screen based on the circle indicators on the bottom of it.

If its $15 I'll buy it I'll keep looking but from what I saw on the old dashboard its 16% off I'll try the new dashboard.

On my gold account its 16% off on a silver its 50%.

side note - if you plan on playing online, i suggest you buy the map packs.

if you dont have them the game switches to user hosted games, and i felt it was unbearable any time i played like that

Dang, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2 is only $9.99 right now.

You can find that on the games tab as well. Inside the sales and specials box on the top right.
You can see it in the pics I added in my OP.

Then its the first slide in the middle box.

Editing my OP to reflect both deals.

[quote name='Joshe']side note - if you plan on playing online, i suggest you buy the map packs.

if you dont have them the game switches to user hosted games, and i felt it was unbearable any time i played like that[/QUOTE]

This is true i've been playing lately and if youre lucky enough to be in southwest usa, like lousiana on west lol. youre going to play vs endless waves of mexicans and south americans. Some of them lag really hardcore so you will want to play on the ranked dedicated servers.

[quote name='Joshe']side note - if you plan on playing online, i suggest you buy the map packs.

if you dont have them the game switches to user hosted games, and i felt it was unbearable any time i played like that[/QUOTE]

Every single mode in Gears 3 is like that now, with or without the map packs.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Every single mode in Gears 3 is like that now, with or without the map packs.[/QUOTE]

damn, really?

I haven't played in about two months, when did this start?

[quote name='Sychophantom']Don't bother looking if you're in the dashboard beta. It doesn't show, just like standard ads.[/QUOTE]

That would be the problem then. Oh well, guess I saved $15.

Thinking about getting Star wars TFU 2, but I heard it wasn't that good. The first one was pretty cool imo, any thoughts on the game if any of you have played it?

[quote name='Kablasia']Thinking about getting Star wars TFU 2, but I heard it wasn't that good. The first one was pretty cool imo, any thoughts on the game if any of you have played it?[/QUOTE]

I've heard it's only about 4-5 hours long and the story is much worse.

I usually try to buy discs but $14.99 is great, especially since I'd only need to buy 1 copy and still be able to co-op on 2 different 360s. I hope I have the deal.

Just wanted to share a f******d up story, I bought the GOW3 for the 50% off 14.99 price and talked my buddy into buying it also. Heres where things get really gay really fast, he bought 1400 points off of amazon and proceeds attempt to but the deal except on his console they want 20 bucks:drool:, after a while I talk him into buying 400 more points, which he does. Then after buying 400 more point the price raised again:hot:. dats som bullspit. So he called up microsoft who gave him 1000 points to make up the difference so he ended coming out ahead:applause:

Its random for different accounts tried three different times on different names. One came up 16%,33%,50%.

[quote name='thejnc']Anyone who got the offer in have the new dashboard?[/QUOTE]

I'm in the dashboard beta and Gears 3 shows as full price to me

too bad, I would have bought it for $15

[quote name='GUNNM']Its random for different accounts tried three different times on different names. One came up 16%,33%,50%.[/QUOTE]
It was was 24.99 for me at first. Now it's down to 14.99 for the same gold account. Very tempting, but I don't know how much more I'll be playing it since it's been my main mp game for a year now. I it would nice to be able to play it straight from the HD.

[quote name='jdawgg76']It was was 24.99 for me at first. Now it's down to 14.99 for the same gold account. Very tempting, but I don't know how much more I'll be playing it since it's been my main mp game for a year now. I it would nice to be able to play it straight from the HD.[/QUOTE]
Yeah that's why I wanted to buy it as well I'll check again if its 50% on my main account I'll buy it.

Is there any 'trick' to get it to give you the 50%? I've tried logging in three times since 6am today and each time it's only 16%....

I tried til 11pm last night, kept getting it for $24.99. Hope my beta access isn't granted til tomorrow so I can check after work today.

I know most B&M stores things are YMMV, but now on the dash too? This is getting nuts. To top it of those of us in the beta are getting screwed as the update just took out the game store, so we cant find an alt way of getting it. I checked my non beta xbox & only 16% off for me as well. How long before it changes, Ive refreshed & logged in and out but still at 16%.

Talked to xbox.com (really want it for 50% off) and was told that it's all based on an algorithm of how much you've played said title. The less you've played it, the more the discount. Bummer.

edit: awesome you can use points. took me forever to see you can switch payment options. getting swfu2

[quote name='honzoh']Talked to xbox.com (really want it for 50% off) and was told that it's all based on an algorithm of how much you've played said title. The less you've played it, the more the discount. Bummer.[/QUOTE]

That sounds like bullshit. Especially since some members claim the price keeps changing on them.

And I played Gears 3 quite a bit. I have been inactive from it the last few months, but I put quite a few hours into the MP and I got the 50% off.

[quote name='nervousxtian']Thanks OP.. never would have looked there![/QUOTE]

[quote name='honzoh']Talked to xbox.com (really want it for 50% off) and was told that it's all based on an algorithm of how much you've played said title. The less you've played it, the more the discount. Bummer.[/QUOTE]

It'd be nice if they applied an algorithm to the main page of the dashboard. I've never used my 360 to buy any of their proprietary video content, but yet they're still sending me advertising for movies and political news (really?) for some reason when I boot up my system. If Microsoft is going to force advertisements on their customers, the least they could do is use targeted ads. Move deals like the Gears 3 discount front and center for those who use their video game system primarily for video games. /rant

That sounds like bullshit.

Agreed. I think what they were trying to say is that the 50% is targeted at people they don't think have experienced the game, or experienced a lot of it, and are trying to entice them to buy the game. I guess that makes some sense...but...sounds like a stretch to me.

They also made it sound like they had no control over those types of ads - almost like a third party marketing group or something runs them.

[quote name='honzoh']Agreed. I think what they were trying to say is that the 50% is targeted at people they don't think have experienced the game, or experienced a lot of it, and are trying to entice them to buy the game. I guess that makes some sense...but...sounds like a stretch to me.

They also made it sound like they had no control over those types of ads - almost like a third party marketing group or something runs them.[/QUOTE]

I've played GOW3 almost every day since I bought it for $15 off Craigslist back in April, i played it so much i recently ended up getting both map packs off XBL for the $20.

I logged in last night and saw this deal straight away, 50% off. Its funny earlier in the week I saw it for 16% but last night it was definately 50% off.

Map packs are worth it btw jus to get the "user host warning" off and the connections seem to be "speedier"
games dont restart when the host quits (because youre on dedicated)
game tends to play on more DLC maps once you purchase the packs (sounds obvious, but on "quick match" the maps you play on are chosen at random, so youre hoping you play on DLC maps and not just the free ones).

the first 4 months was basically me playing multiplayer on the same 4-8 maps all day, and it being a crap shoot if the game would be laggy (before buying DLC)

The above comments from the xbox.com sounds like BS...I noticed that when you use the sales and specials + app(i think thats what its called) it says 50% off but still 29.99..I go to the games section like mentioned b4 and its at 33% off wtf....I mean this sale is kinda weird.(still hopen to get it at 14.99)

did they explain why us Dashboard Beta users are being left out?

Microsoft must have hired some ex Sony employees with how strange and disorganized they've seemed in the last few days. The weird kinect pricing, this scattered deal and so on.

did they explain why us Dashboard Beta users are being left out?

They told me I should go to the dashboard forums on xbox.com and let them know the 'issue' I was having and that it might get implemented. LOL.

bread's done
Back