Gears of War 3 $14.99 - Star Wars: TFU 2 $9.99 XBLM

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#31 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:11 PM

Its random for different accounts tried three different times on different names. One came up 16%,33%,50%.

It was was 24.99 for me at first. Now it's down to 14.99 for the same gold account. Very tempting, but I don't know how much more I'll be playing it since it's been my main mp game for a year now. I it would nice to be able to play it straight from the HD.
Posted Image
Waiting for: WRC 2010 and WRC 2 and WRC 3:cry:
Now playing:
:360: Forza Horizon, Halo Series
:wii: Collecting Dust
:ps3: Collecting Dust
:pc: Diablo 3, Walking Dead
When I'm not watching Grimm and Firefly on Hulu.

#32 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 03:09 PM

It was was 24.99 for me at first. Now it's down to 14.99 for the same gold account. Very tempting, but I don't know how much more I'll be playing it since it's been my main mp game for a year now. I it would nice to be able to play it straight from the HD.

Yeah that's why I wanted to buy it as well I'll check again if its 50% on my main account I'll buy it.

#33 honzoh

honzoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 03:57 PM

Is there any 'trick' to get it to give you the 50%? I've tried logging in three times since 6am today and each time it's only 16%....

#34 thegarageband

thegarageband

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 04:28 PM

I tried til 11pm last night, kept getting it for $24.99. Hope my beta access isn't granted til tomorrow so I can check after work today.
Dongs.

#35 downsouthtigger

downsouthtigger

War Eagle!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:42 PM

I know most B&M stores things are YMMV, but now on the dash too? This is getting nuts. To top it of those of us in the beta are getting screwed as the update just took out the game store, so we cant find an alt way of getting it. I checked my non beta xbox & only 16% off for me as well. How long before it changes, Ive refreshed & logged in and out but still at 16%.

downsouthtigger.png         ach.png

#36 nervousxtian

nervousxtian

proofisindeepudding

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 01:00 AM

Been waiting for this sub-$20... just logged into Live.. there it was.. 50%... bought.

Thanks OP.. never would have looked there!

#37 thejnc

thejnc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 07:37 AM

Used a buddies 360 that isn't part of the new dashboard beta to get on my account and there it was for $15. Bought it.

#38 honzoh

honzoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 04:44 PM

Talked to xbox.com (really want it for 50% off) and was told that it's all based on an algorithm of how much you've played said title. The less you've played it, the more the discount. Bummer.

#39 DurbanBrown

DurbanBrown

to the MOON

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 04:51 PM

might get star wars. bout to look for it.

Zombies-Sig.jpg

last.fm: shroomer1999                                                                  Designed By Lilchiji

#40 DurbanBrown

DurbanBrown

to the MOON

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 05:03 PM

edit: awesome you can use points. took me forever to see you can switch payment options. getting swfu2

Edited by DurbanBrown, 25 August 2012 - 05:13 PM.

Zombies-Sig.jpg

last.fm: shroomer1999                                                                  Designed By Lilchiji

#41 thejnc

thejnc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 05:14 PM

Talked to xbox.com (really want it for 50% off) and was told that it's all based on an algorithm of how much you've played said title. The less you've played it, the more the discount. Bummer.

That sounds like bullshit. Especially since some members claim the price keeps changing on them.

And I played Gears 3 quite a bit. I have been inactive from it the last few months, but I put quite a few hours into the MP and I got the 50% off.

#42 Yars

Yars

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 05:19 PM

Thanks OP.. never would have looked there!

It'd be nice if they applied an algorithm to the main page of the dashboard. I've never used my 360 to buy any of their proprietary video content, but yet they're still sending me advertising for movies and political news (really?) for some reason when I boot up my system. If Microsoft is going to force advertisements on their customers, the least they could do is use targeted ads. Move deals like the Gears 3 discount front and center for those who use their video game system primarily for video games. /rant

#43 honzoh

honzoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 05:46 PM

That sounds like bullshit.

Agreed. I think what they were trying to say is that the 50% is targeted at people they don't think have experienced the game, or experienced a lot of it, and are trying to entice them to buy the game. I guess that makes some sense...but...sounds like a stretch to me.

They also made it sound like they had no control over those types of ads - almost like a third party marketing group or something runs them.

#44 souNReAL

souNReAL

Santa Claus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 06:56 PM

Agreed. I think what they were trying to say is that the 50% is targeted at people they don't think have experienced the game, or experienced a lot of it, and are trying to entice them to buy the game. I guess that makes some sense...but...sounds like a stretch to me.

They also made it sound like they had no control over those types of ads - almost like a third party marketing group or something runs them.

I've played GOW3 almost every day since I bought it for $15 off Craigslist back in April, i played it so much i recently ended up getting both map packs off XBL for the $20.

I logged in last night and saw this deal straight away, 50% off. Its funny earlier in the week I saw it for 16% but last night it was definately 50% off.

Map packs are worth it btw jus to get the "user host warning" off and the connections seem to be "speedier"
games dont restart when the host quits (because youre on dedicated)
game tends to play on more DLC maps once you purchase the packs (sounds obvious, but on "quick match" the maps you play on are chosen at random, so youre hoping you play on DLC maps and not just the free ones).

the first 4 months was basically me playing multiplayer on the same 4-8 maps all day, and it being a crap shoot if the game would be laggy (before buying DLC)
NEO LIVES.

#45 thegarageband

thegarageband

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 08:24 PM

Eh. Caved in and bought it at 16% off. My disc is scratched beyond what toothpaste and Brasso can repair anyway.
Dongs.

#46 LouTenit Dan

LouTenit Dan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 09:41 PM

The above comments from the xbox.com sounds like BS...I noticed that when you use the sales and specials + app(i think thats what its called) it says 50% off but still 29.99..I go to the games section like mentioned b4 and its at 33% off wtf....I mean this sale is kinda weird.(still hopen to get it at 14.99)

#47 buckythekat

buckythekat

dv8 King of Concerns

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 09:47 PM

did they explain why us Dashboard Beta users are being left out?

#48 CXK

CXK

KillerInstinctOnline.net

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 10:47 PM

Microsoft must have hired some ex Sony employees with how strange and disorganized they've seemed in the last few days. The weird kinect pricing, this scattered deal and so on.

kinav.gif
www.killerinstinctonline.net  -  The best Killer Instinct site!

#49 honzoh

honzoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2012 - 01:10 AM

did they explain why us Dashboard Beta users are being left out?

They told me I should go to the dashboard forums on xbox.com and let them know the 'issue' I was having and that it might get implemented. LOL.

#50 downsouthtigger

downsouthtigger

War Eagle!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2012 - 06:19 AM

That sounds like bullshit. Especially since some members claim the price keeps changing on them.

And I played Gears 3 quite a bit. I have been inactive from it the last few months, but I put quite a few hours into the MP and I got the 50% off.

I agree, this is complete Bullshit. I have gears 2, played a couple rounds of the gears 3 Beta, DL & played the Gears 3 demo, & snagged Forces of Nature in a code drop. By all accounts that means Im familiar with the series but have not purchased, a perfect candidate for 50% off right? Ive been stuck at 16% since I saw the damn ad. Also pissy I have to use my 2nd non beta Xbox to see the ad. I think MS knows Im hoarding points, which Ive been spending on their deals lately. They just wanna get as much as they can for me & Im about to cave. When does this sale end?

downsouthtigger.png         ach.png

#51 Carbonite

Carbonite

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2012 - 03:43 PM

Those people on the phone don't know about any of this stuff. When they don't have a canned response they will just give you some bs response when its something like this that doesn't matter.

I have gotten all the prices.