Counter Strike Global Offensive CAG thread

combatrhombus

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Surprised there is no thread for this already. I'm enjoying this game and plan on playing it on a regular basis. Demolition mode is fun as well as classic. I will keep this a wiki so others can edit. Testing the CAGs interest and always looking for others to play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edYCtaNueQY&feature=player_embedded
Information:
Wiki
Steam Forums

Game Modes:
Arms Race
Demolition
Causal Classic(10v10)
Competitive Classic(5v5)

Interesting Data
CSGO_betaData.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I like it and all, but I feel like I just bought Counter-Strike Source all over again. Same maps and everything. Not that the same maps are a bad thing, I just.. wish they would've thrown a few new ones in as well.

I've played a little bit of it. There's actually a bigger thread in the Xbox 360 forum, which I find kind of weird since CS was originally a PC game.

I tried to get into a game of Arms Race last night, but it wouldn't connect. Not sure if no one's playing it, or if something was wrong with it. I did manage to get into the classic games, but didn't play much. I'll probably get on more tonight though after work.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/sofaraway731 -- if you wanna play.

I've seen some issues with connection when selecting a game mode. Also the one I've seen a few times as well as friends of mine, it will sometimes not allow you to select a team (or anything) when switching from one map to another. Click, click...nothing, I don't remember is I ESC out or had to close down completely.

Looking at the required specs to play I thought i'd ask on opinions on how well the game will run on my computer.

Required Specs:

• Processor: Intel Core Duo Processor (2GHz or better)
    • Memory: 2GB RAM
    • Hard Disk Space: At least 7.6GB of Space
    • Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 2400 or better / NVidia 8600M or better
My Specs:

OS 10.8 Mountain Lion
2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
8GB 1067 MHz DDR3 Ram
NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MB graphics

It's just because sometimes steam games seem to dip in performance on my MacBook, like TF2 is pretty much unplayable because of recent crashing. So I wanted to check just incase I was wasting my money on this.

Thanks for responses.

[quote name='saunderscowie']Looking at the required specs to play I thought i'd ask on opinions on how well the game will run on my computer.

Required Specs:

My Specs:

OS 10.8 Mountain Lion
2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
8GB 1067 MHz DDR3 Ram

It's just because sometimes steam games seem to dip in performance on my MacBook, like TF2 is pretty much unplayable because of recent crashing. So I wanted to check just incase I was wasting my money on this.

Thanks for responses.[/QUOTE]

I could see your video card being an issue... Everything else seems to be fine though.

At my last job, I had the spring 2011 model MBP, with a quad-core i7 and a Radeon 6750M, it ran TF2 pretty nicely haha. The whole thing did heat up like crazy though.

I played the PC version then downloaded and tried the 360 version trial last night. The people who have been saying the 360 graphics are on par with PC are sorely mistaken or have a horribly dated graphics card. PC had sharp grahpics and solid frame-rate while 360 is muddy looking with frequent frame-rate drops.

I've been watching some footage from the xbox version and it doesn't seem to run very smooth at all.

And on my MacBooks graphic card I can run L4D2 on high / medium if that makes any difference.

[quote name='saunderscowie']Looking at the required specs to play I thought i'd ask on opinions on how well the game will run on my computer.

Required Specs:

My Specs:

OS 10.8 Mountain Lion
2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
8GB 1067 MHz DDR3 Ram

Thanks for responses.[/QUOTE]

I had a better processor and and a 525M video card, and the beta was all over the place for me. Sometimes I'd get like 50-60 FPS on easy, other times I'd be around 10-15. I've built a computer since I got beta access a few months back so I don't know how the final build runs on that computer though.

Been playing since March. I only pug via ESEA since everyone in pubs rages like little girls when they lose a round, and playing with bots is zero fun.

If anyone else here plays on ESEA hit me up, my name is MrBlonde.

[quote name='combatrhombus']Looked at ESEA, then found out you have to pay. No thanks...I just don't see the value in it.[/QUOTE]

League play, pugs where you play a full game without ragers, ridiculous stat tracking, and you play against higher quality players which in turn will make you into a better player. Its only $7 a month.

Pub stomping just isn't fun to me. To each their own though.

Hit me up! Me and a couple of my buddies have been every night since right before release. Arms race is our main game mode, but we def okay everything. We are mediocre, but we love it.

Steam: dondonraiden

There are still issues from the beta that seem to have never been addresssed. Team selection freeze is still there and prevalent. You just have to crash the game, but if you are playing with a group of fun friends it's well worth the hassle

I tried playing again yesterday and got stuck in an endless loop of: load map, choose team, stare at pre-match score-board for a few minutes, immediately load another map, etc

I gave up after about 15-20 min of that

[quote name='DonDonRaiden']Hit me up! Me and a couple of my buddies have been every night since right before release. Arms race is our main game mode, but we def okay everything. We are mediocre, but we love it.

Steam: dondonraiden

There are still issues from the beta that seem to have never been addresssed. Team selection freeze is still there and prevalent. You just have to crash the game, but if you are playing with a group of fun friends it's well worth the hassle[/QUOTE]

Sent you a request! Steam name is the same as my name on here.

I just got this game and have been enjoying it quite a bit. I was raised on Counter-Strike Source so at first this felt a little weird but I'm getting used to it. My Steam name is StrawberryAttack...I'll add you CAGers to my friend's list.

[quote name='Melatonin']I just got this game and have been enjoying it quite a bit. I was raised on Counter-Strike Source so at first this felt a little weird but I'm getting used to it. My Steam name is StrawberryAttack...I'll add you CAGers to my friend's list.[/QUOTE]

Got your add, let me know whenever you wanna play. I'm typically free after 6pm Eastern Time. I've been playing a lot of Arms Race, but I'm down for anything.

[quote name='sofaraway731']Got your add, let me know whenever you wanna play. I'm typically free after 6pm Eastern Time. I've been playing a lot of Arms Race, but I'm down for anything.[/QUOTE]

I also can only play after 6PM eastern during the week, but weekends I often play in the late mornings/afternoons. During the week I might play for an hour or two in the evenings. It also just depends on what else I'm currently playing. I've only played Classic Casual and Arms Race so far...definitely want to get better at Arms Race (I've probably only played 6 or 7 rounds but I've yet to even make it to the pistols). Anyways I'll probably be on some tonight so join in if you see me, and I'll do the same!

I added everyone that sent me a request. i'm usually playing with a couple of friends, but feel free to sent me an IM and we'll invite you. We usually chat via Skype bc we see to have a lot of issues with steam chat.

I've been wanting to play I do believe I've added everyone. I've been playing BF3 with double XP this week, but I will be back playing after the 31st.

Arms Race is pretty fun, but I started to burn out on playing those two maps over and over again...I guess I should get off the Valve servers. There are more than 2 different Arms Race maps, right? Sofaraway and I got close to winning a few times but neither of us could....I've yet to win at Arms Race yet. I used to win Gun Game in Source every now and then, but not all Source skills carry over to GO....

Definitely hope to play with more CAGs in the future, maybe we can set up a CAG match sometime?

Game Session tonight guys. I'm going to try and be on from 7 - 9 (hopefully). Let me know if you would like to play.

We use Skype when we play, so if u want to join us just MSG me on steam. We do get rowdy on Skype, so you've been warned! ;)

I bought the game last night. Started CS in beta 2 (1999 or so) and did not like Source much.. at all. This game however takes precedence over CS:S. The graphics are sharper, gameplay a little smoother, and the menus/interaction seem to have taken some notes from call of duty and other online populer games. Can't wait to play some more! :)

I'll add some people in this thread tonight to my Steam account. Is there a Steam CAG group yet? :)

I can only play in the am like 8-12 central overnights lol. But if you see me on Steam I will play for sure.

Loggjaw

I had a great time playing some dust 2 in classic casual the other day...as a T I rushed mid to CT spawn and around to back of long A, finding and killing only ONE CT on the way (on a team of 12 or so)...the rest just packed long A and were pushing to T spawn.

I snuck up from behind with the knife and got FIVE KNIFE KILLS before someone put me away. I was ecstatic.

Had some good games last night with CAGs there was about 4 of us from my friend list anyways. Looking forward to more matches. Bare with me I suck and I'm still learning.

Saw StrawberryAttack on yesterday but didn't get the chance to play with him. Will be on again tonight. add chantme

:)

I usually at least keep a 1:1 K/D

Guh...I played for like 3 hours yesterday and I was TERRIBAD. Played with combatrhombus (traginis) some. I just feel like there's this disconnect between what I KNOW I should do and what I ACTUALLY do in game...I would consider myself a decent player that consistently makes bad decisions. Yesterday was full of them. In similar fashion, sometimes I feel like I shoot really well and others I feel like I can't hit ANYTHING (again, yesterday was one of those days).

Come to think of it, the way I described my Counter-Strike game is probably the same way I would describe my basketball game.

So wowww. Went from an HD 5550 to an HD 6870.. lol

Smooth, fluid frame rate at 1920x1080 and all settings on High. Amazingly different from my 800x600 4:3 lol

Sorry for bumping an old thread but I have an ESEA 3 month code that I will not use and I couldn't find anywhere else to give it away. Hope someone here can use it.

go to www.eseapremium.com/pny and enter code ESM76MDB

[quote name='milad32']Sorry for bumping an old thread but I have an ESEA 3 month code that I will not use and I couldn't find anywhere else to give it away. Hope someone here can use it.

go to www.eseapremium.com/pny and enter code ESM76MDB[/QUOTE]

Just used that code. Thanks a bunch man.

[quote name='SEH']Just used that code. Thanks a bunch man.[/QUOTE]

On a related note - how do you (and any other CAGs) like ESEA? I am thinking about giving it a try, hoping to improve my horrible game.

I figure if I improve at CS, I can do better at BF3 and COD, if I decide to try those again.

I love ESEA. I've never been a fan of public multiplayer games where its 15v15 and everyone is just kind of doing their own thing. I'm way more into a highly competitive 5v5 game where teamwork is king. Unfortunately, if you're also into that, then you really have no other choice than to throw down the $7 a month for ESEA.

The built-in match making is a joke in CSGO and all the public servers are some lame shit like 30-man Office/Italy games.

Just picked up CS:GO and I see what you mean.

I would love to get back into some 5v5 matches, but so far all of the servers that I have been were arms race this and arms race that.

Thanks for the heads up, SEH. I will probably try it out. $7/mo. isn't too horrible if it makes me a better player. I'm thinking of getting a streaming setup to document my progress. :D

bread's done
Back