*UPDATED* Best Buy @ Gamer - 9/30/12 - 11/10/12 | Wikified

• Please log in to reply
1517 replies to this topic

#91 Nick45

Nick45

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 07:50 PM

I'll be getting Mass Effect 3, Lollipop Chainsaw, and Battlefield 3 if they go under $15 (and I can find them). Thanks for posting!

#92 mrsilkunderwear

mrsilkunderwear

Just Do It.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 07:54 PM

Why is the PS3 version of Battlefield getting the discount?

It is the will of the Gaming Gods!

#93 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:10 PM

sorry for asking this. I think my subscription was changed from physical to digital. if this is the case how do I get the coupons?

My DVD Collection: http://fiamedliquid.dvdaf.com/
rm8ylt.gif

#94 Bosamba

Bosamba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:12 PM

sorry for asking this. I think my subscription was changed from physical to digital. if this is the case how do I get the coupons?

:grouphug:

Wondering which platform to buy the game for? Use Mr. Slimm's Blog http://misterslimm.w...ce-off-results/

Interested in a PC game but not sure if your rig can run it? Go here http://www.systemreq...tslab.com/cyri/

#95 skateraXVIII

skateraXVIII

A Muthaf***ing Bunny

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:14 PM

Wouldn't it just be great if the BF3 coupon worked on the PC version, as is the case with the KoA coupon. If not, then I'll probably just buy a copy on :ps3: and sell it on Amazon/Craigslist/etc. and use the funds toward buying it on :pc:

"Put some hot sauce on my burrito baby!"
adf.jpg

#96 abhinav

abhinav

"Scooty Puff Jr. sucks!"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:15 PM

Just like everyone else, I'm really hoping for ~$10 Prototype 2 and Lollipop Chainsaw. I'm not really dead set on either of those games but it would be nice to get them at that price.

Twitter: Onekumar
Now Playing:
T24ZDZQ.jpg2q1uoso.jpg

#97 skateraXVIII

skateraXVIII

A Muthaf***ing Bunny

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:24 PM

Can you use a gift card towards the purchase of an @gamer subscription? Received an email informing me that my current subscription is about to expire.:-|

adf.jpg

#98 earvcunanan

earvcunanan

I'm cool.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:25 PM

Just like everyone else, I'm really hoping for ~$10 Prototype 2 and Lollipop Chainsaw. I'm not really dead set on either of those games but it would be nice to get them at that price.

Yep.

And I guess I'll be getting Battlefield 3 yet again.

#99 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Owns Every Hamster Game* on PSN

• CAGiversary!

Can you use a gift card towards the purchase of an @gamer subscription? Received an email informing me that my current subscription is about to expire.:-|

I don't see why not. It rings up just like anything else in the store.

tylerh1701.png BZljDsc.jpg

Check out my CAG Blog!  NEW POST: My XBLA Backlog

#100 Vigilante

Vigilante

I believe you can, since buying an @Gamer subscription is like any other transaction at BBY where you can use a GC.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :ps4: Infamous: SS :ps3: BioShock [Survivor, No Vita-Chambers] :vita: Flying Hamster HD; Guacamelee!; Rayman Legends [Daily Challenges]
Last Beaten Game [4/7]:  :vita: Rayman Legends ( :applause: :applause: :applause:)

Last Watched Film: Captain America: The Winter Soldier ( :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot:)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#101 skateraXVIII

skateraXVIII

A Muthaf***ing Bunny

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:29 PM

I don't see why not. It rings up just like anything else in the store.

I believe you can, since buying an @Gamer subscription is like any other transaction at BBY where you can use a GC.

Thanks. Needed to get rid of some older games while their 100% trade-in promotion is still active, and will use the GC towards the subscription.

adf.jpg

#102 Byakurai

Byakurai

CAG Busta

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:36 PM

Why is the PS3 version of Battlefield getting the discount?

Check out the TIV's for Battlefield 3. The PS3 one sank to $4 base at best buy.
Posted Image

#103 edoubledeezy

edoubledeezy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:41 PM

My sub expired after the massive deals for SSX and Soul Caliber and I guess I should renew but I'm frustrated that I don't get half the magazines. I know I should probably go digital, but I really prefer just physically having the magazine. Can't pass these up though, so another year of "is it or is it not coming in the mail".

#104 chosen_one_13

chosen_one_13

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:04 PM

Hey, anyone know if say the Prototype 2 coupon would work on the collector's edition if the store had one in stock?

#105 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:09 PM

Hey, anyone know if say the Prototype 2 coupon would work on the collector's edition if the store had one in stock?

http://www.cheapassg...&postcount=2702

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#106 chosen_one_13

chosen_one_13

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:21 PM

http://www.cheapassg...&postcount=2702

Dang, that's like the last answer I wanted to hear. I did store lookup and it seems that one kind of far away had a CE of the game. Wouldn't want to drive out there on a maybe. Also wasn't aware that there was a regular edition of this game, Best Buy up here has a rack full of Radnet ones.

#107 akathatoneguy

akathatoneguy

Use your turn signal

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:22 PM

Bummer for me. Only in for Lollipop if it hits $20 or less after coupon.

Question: Can I buy Lollipop w/coupon and still get refunded the difference if it goes on sale during the return/price match period?

#108 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:24 PM

Question: Can I buy Lollipop w/coupon and still get refunded the difference if it goes on sale during the return/price match period?

I've done it

Dang, that's like the last answer I wanted to hear. I did store lookup and it seems that one kind of far away had a CE of the game. Wouldn't want to drive out there on a maybe. Also wasn't aware that there was a regular edition of this game, Best Buy up here has a rack full of Radnet ones.

I may have misspoke in the post. I meant the CE of Prototype 2 would not be valid for the coupon. I think that's called the therestoomanyversionsofgamesthesedays Blackwatch edition..? The radnet/regular Prototype 2 games should get discounted w/ the coupon.. just not the CE

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#109 uiengineer

uiengineer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:40 PM

hoping for a $10 (or less) Lollipop Chainsaw (and i'm hoping they email my damn magazine!)

#110 chosen_one_13

chosen_one_13

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:40 PM

I've done it

I may have misspoke in the post. I meant the CE of Prototype 2 would not be valid for the coupon. I think that's called the therestoomanyversionsofgamesthesedays Blackwatch edition..? The radnet/regular Prototype 2 games should get discounted w/ the coupon.. just not the CE

Ok, thought you said that the Blackwatch would be YMMV. I just meant that that'd be too far for a maybe, but a shame that it might be possible to get actually get it. But yeah, coupons are tied to SKUs and Blackwatch edition is a different one. Though hey, I got someone to get Walmart to price match the coupon for KOA:R (they don't price match that kind of coupon), so I might be able to get that person to get Best Buy to do this one.

#111 mrclutch

mrclutch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:49 PM

ME 3 is a steal at 20. My favorite game ever. Might get BF. I've had it before and never got into it. Maybe this time I can get into it.

#112 PikkonFusion

PikkonFusion

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:53 PM

When is the new mag going to be issued?

#113 AFC

AFC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:54 PM

Ok, thought you said that the Blackwatch would be YMMV. I just meant that that'd be too far for a maybe, but a shame that it might be possible to get actually get it. But yeah, coupons are tied to SKUs and Blackwatch edition is a different one. Though hey, I got someone to get Walmart to price match the coupon for KOA:R (they don't price match that kind of coupon), so I might be able to get that person to get Best Buy to do this one.

FWIW, way back when there were coupons for Final Fantasy XIII-2, I scanned a CE and the coupon still applied. Probably still YMMV so it doesn't really help you decide whether to drive out there, but for anyone else with the Blackwatch Edition in-stock nearby, it's worth a shot.

I'm in for Prototype 2 and Lollipop at $10. Might pick up ME3 or BF3 if there's a worthwhile flip since my GS credit's almost out. Has anyone heard anything regarding which version of Lollipop plays better? Remember reading speculation that the 360 version was best around release time but never really saw any confirmation afterwards.

#114 chosen_one_13

chosen_one_13

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:59 PM

FWIW, way back when there were coupons for Final Fantasy XIII-2, I scanned a CE and the coupon still applied. Probably still YMMV so it doesn't really help you decide whether to drive out there, but for anyone else with the Blackwatch Edition in-stock nearby, it's worth a shot.

I'm in for Prototype 2 and Lollipop at $10. Might pick up ME3 or BF3 if there's a worthwhile flip since my GS credit's almost out. Has anyone heard anything regarding which version of Lollipop plays better? Remember reading speculation that the 360 version was best around release time but never really saw any confirmation afterwards.

Can't say which plays better, but I have the Xbox version and it seemed to play just fine for me. Either the PS3 one is "worse" or it probably doesn't matter which one is better.

#115 morpheus47

morpheus47

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:13 PM

Sweet! Time to get BF3, ME3 and Prototype 2.

#116 BegFourMercy

BegFourMercy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:18 PM

Just so you guys know, I beat Prototype 2 as a rental. It is not nearly as long as the first one. It is a very fun game though.

#117 BegFourMercy

BegFourMercy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:19 PM

ME 3 is a steal at 20. My favorite game ever. Might get BF. I've had it before and never got into it. Maybe this time I can get into it.

I think this is going to have a price drop soon. I think 10 would be a better deal than 20.

#118 rawool

rawool

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:23 PM

I'm reading the reviews for Lollipop Chainsaw... Even if the game were to drop to $10 (after coupon), it really doesn't look that appealing. It seems like everyone wants to get the game for some reason though; someone care to share why?

#119 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:27 PM

I'm reading the reviews for Lollipop Chainsaw... Even if the game were to drop to $10 (after coupon), it really doesn't look that appealing. It seems like everyone wants to get the game for some reason though; someone care to share why?

Because I would give almost any game a shot for $10. Especially one with zombies and hot cheerleaders.

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#120 AFC

AFC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:36 PM

Because I would give almost any game a shot for $10. Especially one with zombies and hot cheerleaders.

^That and because I've been a fan of Suda's games since Killer7. While they almost always have some gameplay issues, I tend to find the overall experience enjoyable and at least it's something different. For $10-$20 of my money, I figure it's worth it.