*UPDATED* Best Buy @ Gamer - 9/30/12 - 11/10/12 | Wikified

• Please log in to reply
1517 replies to this topic

#1291 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 02:46 PM

bummer. I thought some one had said there would be a coupon for NG3. I probably won't be using any of mine either. I got my welcome back package finally this week too but it expires 11/3 so I won't even be able to use those on black friday. Bummed about that too

there was already a $20 DOTD on it some time ago

#1292 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 02:50 PM

bummer. I thought some one had said there would be a coupon for NG3. I probably won't be using any of mine either. I got my welcome back package finally this week too but it expires 11/3 so I won't even be able to use those on black friday. Bummed about that too

Check the GameFly thread.

#1293 sidewalkhustla

sidewalkhustla

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 02:55 PM

Check the GameFly thread.

The game has an online pass too so buying used isn't a savings. Plus I don't trust that rental games are in good condition

there was already a $20 DOTD on it some time ago

Yeah I know I missed that. I dislike those deals / thread. The thread title isn't always updated. And I'll check the DOTD on BBY for weeks at a time without there being one and so I figure they aren't doing them anymore and give up for awhile

#1294 gldoorii

gldoorii

What the...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 02:58 PM

Gamefly games include online passes

#1295 handsomepete

handsomepete

no one suspects a thing until April

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 02:59 PM

The game has an online pass too so buying used isn't a savings. Plus I don't trust that rental games are in good condition

My understanding is that gamefly holds the dlc codes and they generally come unused when you buy from them? I know from experience that most of the time their 'used' games come pristine, but I know it's not for everyone.

#1296 sabanoo

sabanoo

I like pie.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 02:59 PM

Used games from Gamefly will come with the online pass.

#1297 plus1zero

plus1zero

Turd Ferguson

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 03:09 PM

Asked in the GS thread...could we PM gamestop's $20 price and use the ME3 coupon to get a free ME3?

#1298 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 03:10 PM

Asked in the GS thread...could we PM gamestop's $20 price and use the ME3 coupon to get a free ME3?

No, that's double dipping. You could get lucky though and get a manager override

#1299 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 03:12 PM

Even if you're not an Unlocked member, paying $5 for the @Gamer magzine to get $15 off PS Plus is a pretty good deal. Basically, the only time you can get Plus less than full price is shady stuff on eBay or when there has been some misprint in an ad.

Getting $15 off Xbox Live Gold is a pretty lousy deal (unless Best Buy puts Gold on sale).

#1300 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 03:17 PM

Yeah I know I missed that. I dislike those deals / thread. The thread title isn't always updated. And I'll check the DOTD on BBY for weeks at a time without there being one and so I figure they aren't doing them anymore and give up for awhile

I think you can just get text/emails for DOTD's instead.

Even my BB's won't do that the fact that the price & coupon would equal free is the main reason why denial will be the result.

#1301 crunchewy

crunchewy

Posted 27 September 2012 - 03:20 PM

I'm unlocked and I sure wouldn't mind getting this magazine for the coupons. I guess I've been unlocked for a month. Maybe a bit less. I guess it takes longer than that.
Posted Image

#1302 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 27 September 2012 - 03:21 PM

You didn't use the BF3 coupon to extend your GCU sub for free?

Not everybody can do GS to BB and back to GS or wherever trading anymore.:booty::cry:

I believe so & no there needs to be new monthly @gamer threads not 1 giant one due to the # of changes that take place.

What changes are there that need to be made besides the month and the actual sale discounts being listed and for which games/items they're for? As you know I'm a big fan of mega threads and not highlighting every little silly sale that could easily be covered by a mega thread. As long as there's a well maintained(or wikified) OP for a thread, then I see no problem with having just one super thread for the @Gamer deals.

If it's a sponsored issue that's probably why but this will help out the gc in the long run by passing the cost along. One "bad" month for CAG's that will sell to the masses which nets better deals for all.

I think I've only had maybe one 'bad' month since I finally subscribed later last year. After all the problems with getting the Gamers' Club to show as Unlocked on my RZ account and not just the free version I'm hoping the renewal goes a bit more smoothly this year, as I just don't have the tolerance to go back 3-4x and then bug the mods on the BB forums to fix it in the system this year.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#1303 Rig

Rig

Rig = Lunar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 03:22 PM

I would probably be in for PS+ (if the coupons are real). However, I don't play CoD, so, the rest would be worthless.

#1304 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 03:39 PM

Not everybody can do GS to BB and back to GS or wherever trading anymore.:booty::cry:

What changes are there that need to be made besides the month and the actual sale discounts being listed and for which games/items they're for? As you know I'm a big fan of mega threads and not highlighting every little silly sale that could easily be covered by a mega thread. As long as there's a well maintained(or wikified) OP for a thread, then I see no problem with having just one super thread for the @Gamer deals.

I think I've only had maybe one 'bad' month since I finally subscribed later last year. After all the problems with getting the Gamers' Club to show as Unlocked on my RZ account and not just the free version I'm hoping the renewal goes a bit more smoothly this year, as I just don't have the tolerance to go back 3-4x and then bug the mods on the BB forums to fix it in the system this year.

I've been very resourceful with trading 5 ID's(My old DL & new one, moms DL, GF & sisters ID's) & there's a huge amount of GS's that I pass in a single day I've been to 20+ stores over the 100%. Some titles are hard to find 3 of.

I'd be cool with a perm. @gamer thread if it was maintained by BB though. There's alot of work needed to update the OP/title when sales, MSRP drops happen. Once you add in the used game coupons the # times you can see the same game pop up @ different prices could get messy. Plus at this point the current way it's been done has been well. The only thing missing from the OP/title is prices + game links.

I have alot of stuff I need to post...we need more coupon 16-20 that way all systems are covered. Add in several pre-owned & some accessories each month will hit home. There needs to some more unique coupons as well.

Edited by Enuf, 27 September 2012 - 05:17 PM.

#1305 ZildjianKX

ZildjianKX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 03:50 PM

Are PSN plus cards taxed at Best Buy?

#1306 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 03:59 PM

no

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Titanfall  :360: Batman: Arkham Origins   :ps3: Ni No Kuni    :3ds:-Pokémon X, Zelda:ALBW (FC-0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#1307 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:00 PM

Are PSN plus cards taxed at Best Buy?

I don't believe they are. I know for a FACT that the Best Buy I frequent doesn't charge tax on PSN or PS+ cards.

#1308 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:03 PM

I've been very resourceful with trading 5 ID's(My old DL & new one, moms DL, GL & sisters ID's) & there's a huge amount of GS's that I pass in a single day I've been to 20+ stores over the 100%. Some titles are hard to find 3 of.

I'd be cool with a perm. @gamer thread if it was maintained by BB though. There's alot of work needed to update the OP/title when sales, MSRP drops happen. Once you add in the used game coupons the # times you can see the same game pop up @ different prices could get messy. Plus at this point the current way it's been done has been well. The only thing missing from the OP/title is prices + game links.

I have alot of stuff I need to post...we need more coupon 16-20 that way all systems are covered. Add in several pre-owned & some accessories each month will hit home. There needs to some more unique coupons as well.

I honestly still don't see what the big fascination with having a BB rep on CAG is. Allowing an official rep from a store chain has never had a good end result for those of us CAG's who want consistently cheap deals in the manner we're used to seeing. In some cases, the CAG community at large has bullied the reps to leave(see: GS rep who got bombarded with the usual GS complaints en masse).

But I'm a big fan of CAG's helping themselves for the most part as well and not expecting every last sale/clearance to be reflected in some thread. Making things super easy for everyone only benefits the lurkers and the resellers/flippers, who will come along and empty out stores of anything good before the rest of the community can even get there to get their copies. This is largely why I have ended up having to get to a store day one moment one myself anymore, since the local game store owner is likely a lurker on CAG as I've seen him at every major sale clearing out stock for his 3 stores.:roll:

As for trading, I would try a different GS here, but it's all the same district run by the same DM. I have a feeling that it's just a district ban I'm under, but since his district allegedly goes all the way down to the state capital in one direction and all the way up into NY in another direction I'd say I'm SOL unless I wanna take an hour long road trip to do trades.:razz:

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#1309 SierraNight

SierraNight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:03 PM

HHHmmm..those coupons look like they might be from the special Call of Duty issue of @Gamer, not the October issue. I've had the last few days off so I'll check to be certain once I get back to work. Or if someone has the issue in the OP, check and see if the magazine is more expensive than normal, that will key in to which one it is.
631261.png

#1310 MattyB

MattyB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:35 PM

Personally disappointed in this month's @Gamer coupons.

#1311 darkvulture

darkvulture

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:39 PM

i don't see how they can be real

the old coupons don't end until 10/5 coupons have never overlapped
I HAVE NO PEERS OR EQUALS ONLY ENEMIES AND FOLLOWERS

#1312 loxthefox

loxthefox

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:43 PM

2 batches of coupons this month! Here are the coupons for the Oct. issue:

$10 off Dead Island GOTY
$15 off Sleeping Dogs
$10 off Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance
$10 off Angry Birds Trilogy (all systems)
$20 off F1 (doesn't say what year, assuming the new one)
$30 off Triton Warhead headset
$20 off Razer Naga Mouse
$10 off 1 preowned game $29.99 and up.
http://www.points2sh...p?ref=loxthefox
$37.07 in points and counting!
JOIN POINTS2SHOP TODAY AND GET FREE STUFF FROM AMAZON!!!
GO ON, SPOIL YOURSELF ROTTEN!!!

#1313 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:45 PM

So there is another set for a CoD issue? I really wanted that 15 off PSN+. If anyone has one they don't want to use, think id be able to snag it?

#1314 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:48 PM

Please gaming gods grant us a $30 Sleeping Dogs Sale!

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#1315 darkvulture

darkvulture

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:48 PM

$10 off Dead Island GOTY
$15 off Sleeping Dogs
$20 off Razer Naga Mouse

damn thats even worst
I HAVE NO PEERS OR EQUALS ONLY ENEMIES AND FOLLOWERS

#1316 yodathe3rd

yodathe3rd

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:50 PM

sleeping dogs is worth it if it hits 30.
Posted Image

#1317 HydroX

HydroX

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:53 PM

In for dead island GoTY and sleeping dogs! Woot woot.

#1318 Gosha

Gosha

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:55 PM

$10 off Dead Island GOTY
$15 off Sleeping Dogs
$20 off Razer Naga Mouse

Too bad most used games are priced $34.99 instead of $29.99. Makes it kind of pointless.

#1319 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:56 PM

its 29.99 AND up.

#1320 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:56 PM

Too bad most used games are priced $34.99 instead of $29.99. Makes it kind of pointless.

$29.99 and up